PDA

View Full Version : Farscape meeting

Tyrion
06-27-2002, 04:45 AM
Changed avatar.This thread will be deleted at 12:00 PST.

Goodbye:D

Divine Spirit
06-27-2002, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Tyrion
*ahem*everybody,we need to think up a nickname for us.Farscapies?

and i thought the star trek avatar revolution was bad! :p :D

Dath Maximus
06-27-2002, 04:52 AM
SCAPERS!!!!

ohh i can only get worse divine spirit only worse

XERXES
06-27-2002, 05:02 AM
as stated above...and i thought the trekkies were bad enough.

Vestril
06-27-2002, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by XERXES
as stated above...and i thought the trekkies were bad enough.

Were? We're still here :D

It's just that we've been accepted into your population :p

Dath Maximus
06-27-2002, 05:07 AM
we never actually left

some of us are just inciting more revolutions
well some of us.

XERXES
06-27-2002, 05:09 AM
i liked the first couple trek movies...its just that the TV series is like...i dunno, but i cant stand it.

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
06-27-2002, 05:10 AM
how about scapies? or hemeroids? oh oh how about Herpies Simplex 10?

Dath Maximus
06-27-2002, 05:12 AM
Whos got the clap! Youve got the clap!

now now scabies is a serious condition. dont joke about that
many have died in its horrible wake

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
06-27-2002, 05:34 AM
oooops, hit the B insted of the P. well its not even a problem anymore. hahaha trekkies and Scapies are the same for the same reasons: it is a serious condition. and many have died in its horrible wake. and many people have gained excessive amounts of loserness and rejected by peirs

Dath Maximus
06-27-2002, 05:36 AM
Your dangerous!

*talks to the wall*

Yom
06-27-2002, 05:55 AM
yes i say Scapers

so to all of the rest of u dont make me unlesh my peaskepper army on u

Dath Maximus
06-27-2002, 05:56 AM
and ive got the equations to make a wormhole super weapon

whitedragon
06-27-2002, 06:12 AM
enough farscape. the storys ok but the actors SUCK and that why i dont like it. PEACE

RelFexive
06-27-2002, 06:48 PM
Well, whitedragon, you're entitled to your opinion, I suppose....

The official term for a fan of Farscape is Scaper.

Farscape is, without doubt, the best in TV Sci-Fi at the moment.

Star Trek? What, Enterprise? Don't make me laugh.

<that's my opinion. don't flame me; grow up and live with it>

It looks like we're all waiting for HapSlash to finish his Scorpius, Peacekeeper, Crichton and Aeryn skins, then.... :D

Pedantic
06-27-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by RelFexive

That's why they have reruns. Long live TNG! ;)

atinymonkey
06-27-2002, 07:28 PM
They do a a special all day Farscape in the Si-fi channel in the UK every Sunday. Totally fills the day and kills my social life. It's an excellent show, provided you can ignore the occasional 'alien' puppet that looks plastic and childish. I lke the way the group is slowly going mental with each passing episode, as they have to cope with so many different problems.
The whole show is darker and deeper than Star Trek, and the music is the best I've ever heard for a Si-Fi prog.

Pedantic
06-27-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by atinymonkey
...provided you can ignore the occasional 'alien' puppet that looks plastic and childish.

"Occasional." Don't ya think that's a bit of an understatement? ;)

atinymonkey
06-27-2002, 07:48 PM
That's the genius of having the episodes on a Sunday. When your hungover everything looks strange and alien.

Apart from the Chianna lady, she looks NICE!!! All the time. Everyday. Oh Yes.

Pedantic
06-27-2002, 07:54 PM
Apart from the Chianna lady, she looks NICE!!! All the time. Everyday. Oh Yes.

Admit it though. She just doesn't quite have the chest of a, say, Seven of Nine. j/k ;) :D

atinymonkey
06-27-2002, 08:39 PM
No. That's true. It is an impressive bit of borg technology.

Chianna's got that crazy look about her tho. We are liking that very much!

Pedantic
06-27-2002, 08:46 PM
No. That's true. It is an impressive bit of borg technology.

Chianna's got that crazy look about her tho. We are liking that very much!

Heheh, Seven's got a lot o' silicon in that chip. ;) Chianna is pretty good though. :)

whitedragon
06-28-2002, 01:16 AM

<that's my opinion. don't flame me; grow up and live with it>

It looks like we're all waiting for HapSlash to finish his Scorpius, Peacekeeper, Crichton and Aeryn skins, then.... :D
so star trek sucks huh well i guess thats why they keep showing reruns after 50 years. SHOOT you sure did get me there

Jizuko
06-28-2002, 01:53 AM
Farscape is the best TV sci fi that I have ever seen, and thats my oppinion...

Whitedragon: they don't show reruns depending on how good the show is, look at crap like sunset beach, here in sweden they show it over and over and over again and it sucks, but hell... thats just my oppinion and most of my friends to.

whitedragon
06-28-2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Jizuko
Farscape is the best TV sci fi that I have ever seen, and thats my oppinion...

Whitedragon: they don't show reruns depending on how good the show is, look at crap like sunset beach, here in sweden they show it over and over and over again and it sucks, but hell... thats just my oppinion and most of my friends to.
well some people must like it if it hasent benn canceled yet

Jizuko
06-28-2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by whitedragon

well some people must like it if it hasent benn canceled yet

Yeah either that or they can't pay decent dough to show good series... correct me if i'm wrong but if a tv channel buy license for a certain series they only have to pay once? so they don't waste money buying license for every rerun...

RelFexive
06-28-2002, 06:46 AM
TNG.... <shudders> Ignore me. I'm allowed to.... dislike it if I choose.

Not all the puppets are 'childish'. Rygel and Pilot have come on leaps and bounds, especially ole Buckwheat.

Chi..... Hmmmmmmmm......

Ouch, whitedragon. You've wounded me. Did I say 'Don't flame me'? Yes I did, so kindly refrain, thanks. As others have pointed out here, any old drenn gets repeated over and over irrespective of the actual quality, unfortunately. Frequency of repeat is not a sign of quality, just how cheap it is to buy the series in the first place. Trek must be pretty dirt cheap, with (my own) emphasis on the 'dirt'.....

I expect he'll blast me agian for that. Strangely I can live with it. Can he?

END: Farscape - more adult, more intelligent, more subtle, more surprising. Just more, really.....

Dath Maximus
06-28-2002, 07:01 AM
All right farscape people who likes my new avatar?

Be honest you know its cool!

Yom
06-28-2002, 07:08 AM
yes i like it

RelFexive
06-28-2002, 07:11 AM
Nice one.

Ah well, I'm being sustained entirely by hope at the moment.

The hope that Farscape will be returning to our screens here in the UK in the autumn!

Woo-hooo!

Dath Maximus
06-28-2002, 07:13 AM
I get to see a new episode tomorow night

RelFexive
06-28-2002, 07:19 AM
I know.... You pesky blighter!

<shakes fist>

Enjoy it, damn you! But remember this....

We in the UK will see the last episodes of the season before you do!

HAH HAH HAH HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! <Evil Laugh™ #34234>

Dath Maximus
06-28-2002, 07:23 AM
umm firstly what is a blighter, is it like a lighter?

secondly if we start seeing the new ones in the us first how are you gonna see the ones at the end of the season first in the uk?

Yom
06-28-2002, 07:23 AM
to settel this hole dispute between Whitedragon and RelFexive farscape is the best sci/fi show that has NEW episods. it is a good so i love it look forward to it every time it comes on friday nights just whait RelFexive the new episodes are great and there are new thing that need to be explaind and a new charecter comes abourd and one is lost.

YOM

Captain Archer
06-28-2002, 10:52 AM
FARSCAPE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

whitedragon
06-28-2002, 10:56 AM

Not all the puppets are 'childish'. Rygel and Pilot have come on leaps and bounds, especially ole Buckwheat.

Chi..... Hmmmmmmmm......

Ouch, whitedragon. You've wounded me. Did I say 'Don't flame me'? Yes I did, so kindly refrain, thanks. As others have pointed out here, any old drenn gets repeated over and over irrespective of the actual quality, unfortunately. Frequency of repeat is not a sign of quality, just how cheap it is to buy the series in the first place. Trek must be pretty dirt cheap, with (my own) emphasis on the 'dirt'.....

END: Farscape - more adult, more intelligent, more subtle, more surprising. Just more, really..... when the hell did i flame you and i dident mean to hurt your feelings

Tyrion
06-28-2002, 10:58 AM

Chi..... Hmmmmmmmm......

END: Farscape - more adult, more intelligent, more subtle, more surprising. Just more, really.....

Adult?Intelligent?I'm 11 years old,I'm none of them....

:D :D :D

whitedragon
06-28-2002, 11:09 AM
im outta this bye.

RelFexive
06-28-2002, 09:30 PM
Okay, in order:

A "blighter" is some sort of English (ie UK) insult. I'm not sure what it actually means, it's one of those ones that's lost in the mists of time.

As for seeing the last episodes first, if you've not noticed this always happens. During that big pause between the US seeing episode 18 and seeing episode 19 - 22 we in the UK see them all uninterupted by months of painful, spoiler-avoiding waiting.

This already happens, as I've said, so it will in all likelihood continue. It happened with most of Babylon 5 as well.

Captain Archer, you are so right :D

whitedragon, have no fear. I'm not in that much pain :) "Flame" was perhaps used incorrectly. Enjoy Star trek to your heart's content. Someone has to :D Just kidding.

<waves at Tyrion> I guess I mean like childish compared to childlike. Childish suggests lack of intelligence and sophistication, childlike is, I suppose, more an attitude than a state.

Sophistication, yeah, and childish, they're the words I'm looking for. Farscape is more the former and much of Star Trek is more the latter.

Note I say more, suggesting a prevalent pattern than a specific one. Both have each, it's just that, on the whole, Farscape is sophisticated far, far, far more often than Trek is. The lowest episodes of Farscape are frequently better than the average episodes of Trek. Truly outstanding episodes of Star Trek are, unfortunately for the series that (again) unfortunately defines the TV Sci-Fi genre, few and very far between.

But enough of this. Lets get back to:

FARSCAPE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)