PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Katarn Fanfic

quietlunatic
06-28-2002, 05:18 AM
:newbie:

There, I posted the "dumb newb" icon so you don't have to. :bdroid1:

A while ago, when only the most cursory details of JKII were known (it has Kyle Katarn! :rolleyes: ), I wrote up a speculative fanfic about what Kyle's adventures would be like in the NJO, the era I was hoping JKII would be in...

A Return to Arms (http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7416112&replies=0)

It's one of the longer reads (about 30 pages in MS Word), but I hope you'll find it worthwhile. :)

Thanks!
ql

Dath Maximus
06-28-2002, 05:20 AM
WHOA!!

Those smileys change!!

That is the strangest thing ive everseen!

Welcome to our swamp

quietlunatic
06-28-2002, 05:22 AM
Thank you!

I've lurked here for a while, actually (since March), but between trying to beat Desann on Jedi Master (soon... :mad: ) and finishing up "A Return to Arms", I haven't had much time.

quietlunatic
06-28-2002, 05:34 AM
You all probably want a summary/excerpt before you spend a half hour reading through this, right?

Setting - NJO, alternate universe
Main Characters - Kyle, Jan, and Alex Katarn
Secondary Characters - Han and Leia Solo, Luke Skywalker
Summary - Destiny continues to call the Katarns, even after they have sworn off their adventurous past.
Genres - Alternate Universe, Action, Drama

(In this Alternate Universe, the Vong are not quite as infalliable.)

I leapt forward, and in a single graceful arc, my attacker’s face quaked and was dissolved in a golden shower. I smiled and deactivated my lightsaber. I saw another shadow of the future, my mind recoiled in horror, and I whirled around to see twenty-three Yuuzhan Vong. In an instant, my mind changed from ultimate triumph to terrible defeat. My concentration was broken, the Force deserted me, but still my legendary resolve remained. I will die as I have lived; fighting against the odds. The young agent against the Imperial war machine, the untried Knight against seven grave robbers, and finally, the lone Jedi against an enigmatic enemy. I charged against them, resigned to go down fighting.

Each of my enemies drew a small creature and flung it at me. Having lost my concentration, the Force did not aid my attacks, nor did it inform me that these creatures will follow their target - me. I realized that too late. I jumped, spun, and slashed in a mad expenditure of energy, and half of the bugs missed their target. As I vaulted away from another serpent creature, I caught one, two, three, four, five on my blade, and then my body went awash in agony as a creature caught me square in the chest. I resigned myself to my fate – there it is, Katarn. You’ve gone down fighting.

quietlunatic
06-30-2002, 01:00 PM
Not even worth an "oh, that sucks," huh?

:bdroid2:

Tyrion
06-30-2002, 01:32 PM
I have the attention span of a rat,so I cant read it.

Exterminator234
06-30-2002, 10:53 PM
my attention spa... *loses interest*

quietlunatic
07-01-2002, 08:20 AM
Well. Thanks. :evanpiel: