PDA

View Full Version : Will Someone make a Goku Model plz?

SithLord Maul
06-29-2002, 04:04 AM
I really badly want someone to make a SSJ 2 Goku model or a SSJ 3 Goku model from DBZ PLEASE MAKE ONE IF YOU CAN!

Lucko Mabri
06-29-2002, 04:20 AM
Please dont flame this man. he just doesnt understand.... let him learn.

SithLord Maul
06-29-2002, 04:57 AM
what do you mean by that? :swear: :evil2: im good at the heart:violin: :angel: :jarjar:

Sounds Risky
06-29-2002, 04:59 AM
You should go ask at Massassii, they have lots of DragonBall fans.

Lucko Mabri
06-29-2002, 05:29 AM
Yeah..... Massassi...... The one with better forums than lucasforums *Cough!*Not!*Cough!*

JangoFett41
06-29-2002, 05:36 AM
It's just that...well...DBZ doesn't really fit in. Do you really want to play as Gokuu with a saber or a gun?

Lucko Mabri
06-29-2002, 05:39 AM
I wouldnt play as Goku or any dbz guy in any game or even if there are dbz gmaes which there probably are!

Gohan_Trunksss
06-29-2002, 06:05 AM
explain to me then if DBZ dont fit in then how does spiderman and like green lantern and all that stuff? if u modelers and skinners are maken those why not make a DBZ goku one? u have to admit i got a point there. and also DBZ can fit in like hydro ball did. I would make my own Goku model but i dont have the programs/ knowlege of useing one/ or the temper to mess with the program when its not working right. and im already a mapmaker :) so that keeps me busy enough, later
Gohan

Eklin
06-29-2002, 06:11 AM
If you really want DBZ, go to http://www.bidforpower.com
It's an anime based Quake3 mod.
You'll have to DL the DBZ stuff seperate, but it is all easily found at the forums there.

Sounds Risky
06-29-2002, 06:30 AM
Like I said, go ask the people at the Massassi forums, they're the actual DragonBall fans.

Harukaze
06-29-2002, 06:34 AM
I love how DBZ is always dismissed so readily. Of course, seeing what it is here, that does not surprise me much. Dragonball itself, however, is a much deeper, complex story that has its routes in one of the four Great Novels of China, the Record of the Journey West. Son-kun is based on the Monkey God Son Gokuu, the main protagonist. Gyuu Maou the Ox King is also from the original story. Master Muten [the perverted master whose name is incorrectly read as Roshi here] too comes from the novel, though I believe he has a different name. What I find vaguely humorous is that the translators failed to realize the name they gave him here is actually his title, not his name: Roushi is one of the highest ranks of Zen Buddhism. Bloomer, named after very tight gym shorts worn by Japanese girls, also has her origins in the novel, though obviously with a very different name.

You have to learn an appreciation for Japanese humor and Toriyama's twisted mind. Even names can be mildly humorous, like the Briefs family. You've got Doctor Briefs, his daughter Bloomer, and her children Trunks and Bra. The Saiyajin are all vegtables. Bejiita-ouji [Prince Vegetable], Nappa [a type of beet], Raditsu [radish] and Kakarotto [carrot]. The humor throughout the entire series is adult in nature, as anyone can attest to if they know why Muten-roushi the Kame Sennin handed over his Dragonball to Bloomer and Son-kun, or what Son-kun likes to use for a pillow. Unfortunately, there are young ones about, so you'll have to read it for yourself.

The point of this rather lengthy off-topic post, though, is to remind people not to show disrespect to something they completely do not understand; it might yet yield layers far more complex than you realize. Dragonball is only a simple example; the lesson applies to everything, if you only stop to think.

Aetherfunz
06-29-2002, 10:16 AM
You're completely right, Harukaze!! I couldn't have said it any better.

But why do you always prefer to call Son Goku "Son-kun"? With the -kun it would be Goku-kun though, like the often call him Goku-sama... Of course with the japanese first saying of the surname, then the given name, Son-kun would make sense, but then one wouldn't know if its Son Goku, Son Gohan or even Son Goten.

OK, I'm really going off-topic now, so back to it: I am planning on DBZ Models for a DBZ TC for JKII, but I am in the learning-phase as of yet, but as time goes one... who knows...

Peace & Respect
-- Aetherfukz

Altimira
06-29-2002, 10:21 AM
yeah, i really hate anime stuff. espeacially DBZ , but dont take it personal.

Emon
06-29-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Lucko Mabri
Yeah..... Massassi...... The one with better forums than lucasforums *Cough!*Not!*Cough!*

vBullatin is better than UBB, but at least Massassi's forums don't go down all the time like these do...

And what's up with people thinking there's competition between these sites? There's not.

As for the model, I highly doubt someone will make it for you. Learn to model yourself.

JangoFett41
06-29-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Aetherfukz
But why do you always prefer to call Son Goku "Son-kun"? With the -kun it would be Goku-kun though, like the often call him Goku-sama...

kun is actually Japanese for mister just like san. Buruma always calls Gokuu Son-Kun in the comics, just because. And all you people who say the DBZ anime sucks. You're right.

However, the manga kicks so much ass it could blow anything else out of the water. better drawings, faster moving plot, and a hell of a lot funnier.

In case you don't know, manga is a name for japanese comics.

Oobedoob Benobi
06-29-2002, 12:15 PM
I'm a big DBZ fan, but I must say I think it would look strange having any of the characters walking around with a light saber or a gun. Itís like a guy with huge muscles holding a little glowing stick.

SithLord Maul
06-29-2002, 12:23 PM
I already have bidforpower and all those ssj2 majin goku ssj4 and ssj5 goku skins for it but i am enjoying JKII so i just want a goku model :D PLEASE!

FeurGrissa
06-29-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett41

kun is actually Japanese for mister just like san. Buruma always calls Gokuu Son-Kun in the comics, just because. And all you people who say the DBZ anime sucks. You're right.

ummm thats not entirely correct, japanease are really big on status, and while u could substitute san for kun whenever you wanted, you would probly get mugged or killed :)

you only use kun, if u are talking to somone of equal or lesser status than you. if your boss's name is frank, and u call him frank-kun, well theres no shurer way to get fired :) they call him goku-kun in DB because he is a little kid, and basically of lesser social status than everyone else. the same way that chichi (japanese for mother) always calls gonhan "gohan-kun"... she will also spout it off at goku sometimes if shes really peaved about something.

u should probly know japanese before you go around correcting people :)

back to being on topic, i used to love DBZ, made a few jk1 mods for DBZ myself, but that was a long time ago and im not really into it anymore. if you really want however, BFP ddid release a vegeta model like a year or two ago, and lots of reskins/adaptations were made to it, including ssj 1, 2, and 3, of almsot everyone, so u can go download it if ya want. dunno where exactly, but i sued to play with ssj3 caractors all the time in q3, shouldnt be too aweful much trouble to convert them over to JK2, unless u really dont know anything bout it...just cap teh model and segment it, put in all the tags and weight it, and i think thats about it :)

KMan
06-29-2002, 12:25 PM
Here is a generalization.
More 'Younger' people enjoy watching DBZ then 'older' people. And by older, I mean over 18 or so. And how many 'good' modellers that know how to make good prefessional quality models are under the age of 18? I don't think that there are that many. Sure there are some here and there, but how many of them are enough of a DBZ fan to make a model?

Another reason why DBZ has been looked down upon in regards to gaming-

"The license holder has indicated, by way of a Cease & Desist order to the Bid for Power mod, that they do not wish mod activity to continue using their copyrights and trademarks. AT this time, we are considering disallowing help requests for mods based on the copyrighted and/or trademarked material belonging to someone other than those creating the mod. Any threads on requests for DBZ mods will be closed."

Chrioboy
06-29-2002, 12:37 PM
bad animation+bad story+trendy style= no model

I dont want some guy standing around for thirty minutes before a duel telling me what he's going to do, then thinking about it, then finding out we didn't duel because he took too long and having to wait for the next episode.:band: :band: :band:

SithLord Maul
06-29-2002, 12:52 PM
Could anyone even make a model that looks like Goku? Maybe even a skin, use jedi trainer and make his hair gold?

Emon
06-29-2002, 12:57 PM
DBZ is actually meant for adults. The uncensored Jap versions (not uncut American) have tons of gore and nudity and other scenes, like Bulma chain smoking.

FeurGrissa
06-29-2002, 12:57 PM
hehe, when you critisize DBZ u gotta remember how old it is. it stopped production in like 95, so its no wonder not many people are really into it right now.

asking somone to do a goku model is like asking somone to do a superman model :) or a transformers one. its jsut simply not that popular anymore...

so dont expect too many results

and also kman, to delete threads on DBZ stuff because funi put a cease and desist order on it is stupid imo, lucasforums o anyone else can not be held leagally responcible for people posting about it on their forums, so why should they care?? anyhow, im not a mod or site admin, so obviously my opinion doesnt count, but id just figured id state it anyhow, cause im pretty sure that the only people who could be held leagally responcible for the making of a DBZ mod, is the mod makers themselvs...

although i do hate funi now, not because im overly in love with DBZ, but because tehy are doing this jsut so that their thrid rate company they contracted to make their DBZ game can geta few stupid unsuspecting little kids to actually buy it... oh well... hehe im gonna leave this thread now :P

Madjai
06-29-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Chrioboy
I dont want some guy standing around for thirty minutes before a duel telling me what he's going to do, then thinking about it, then finding out we didn't duel because he took too long and having to wait for the next episode.:band: :band: :band:

lmao, so true... yet its still entertaining to me.

Chrioboy
06-29-2002, 01:18 PM
Your wish is my command. WIP will be done by the end of the week. heres a preview:
http://members.aol.com/chrioboy/dbz.jpg
Now no more asking for this model its coming

DarthBuu
06-29-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by FeurGrissa
hehe, when you critisize DBZ u gotta remember how old it is. it stopped production in like 95, so its no wonder not many people are really into it right now.

asking somone to do a goku model is like asking somone to do a superman model :) or a transformers one. its jsut simply not that popular anymore...

so dont expect too many results

and also kman, to delete threads on DBZ stuff because funi put a cease and desist order on it is stupid imo, lucasforums o anyone else can not be held leagally responcible for people posting about it on their forums, so why should they care?? anyhow, im not a mod or site admin, so obviously my opinion doesnt count, but id just figured id state it anyhow, cause im pretty sure that the only people who could be held leagally responcible for the making of a DBZ mod, is the mod makers themselvs...

although i do hate funi now, not because im overly in love with DBZ, but because tehy are doing this jsut so that their thrid rate company they contracted to make their DBZ game can geta few stupid unsuspecting little kids to actually buy it... oh well... hehe im gonna leave this thread now :P
Actually, it stayed after 98(when vegeta committed suicide) because you have the broli saga...

SithLord Maul
06-29-2002, 01:25 PM
Very funny:o

SithLord Maul
06-29-2002, 01:28 PM
another model that would be cool.....BUFFY WITH WET WHITE BRA!

Sounds Risky
06-29-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Chrioboy
Your wish is my command. WIP will be done by the end of the week. heres a preview:
http://members.aol.com/chrioboy/dbz.jpg
Now no more asking for this model its coming

Now that was funny.

SithLord Maul
06-29-2002, 01:37 PM
Stop or my pet yoda will beat you with an ugly stick!:yodaball:

DarthBob
06-30-2002, 12:02 AM
I like DBZ so I think it'd be kool to see a Gokuu model flying around out there. Wether or not it fits doesn't seem to matter for DBZ fans. Although I wouldn't like my taunt to be: "I'm gonna slap you up with my GENKI DAMA!" when I'm actually holding a lightsaber or a rocket launcher. In that respect DBZ doesn't not fit. So if anyone's willing to make one, great! But if not oh well. Maybe you'll just have to wait Sithlord.

Kakarotto
06-30-2002, 12:09 AM
DBZ was not meant for kids but they brought it over to American thinking all cartoons are made for kids and they made the series suitible for childrin. I just hate more than anything how everybody gets the wrong impression about anime. I learned all my japanese swearwords from the origional japanese DBZ. Such as Kuso = ****. I can garentee the anime movie Ninja Scroll has more violence than anything you have watched, and the Anime series Evangelion has a deeper plot that anything you have watched.

Just because it doesnt have live actors in it doesnt mean its for children. I think Pokemon and Digimon and all those other anime went for japanese children gives everyone the wrong impression about japanese animation. :o

Jason_W
06-30-2002, 12:14 AM
I too am a fan of DBZ, but this is not the place to go begging for DBZ models.
1 - A mostly lightsaber based game does not fit in with it
and
2 - DBZ already has a Quake 3 engine mod, so what's the point?

At least have the decency not to beg people, who have their own projects to do.
You are lucky someone is willing.

Emperor Cyros
06-30-2002, 02:21 AM
I am a DBZ fan but getting stuff involved with other games isn't right. If you want DBZ I suggest waiting for the new PS2 games (even though I think the graphics suck on them). I don't see why people want people from other series and stuff in a Star Wars game. Spiderman doesn't belong in Star Wars. Nobody wants Spiderman with a lightsaber just as the same nobody would want Yoda webslinging through a city (though it would be funny). Just stick to SW people for SW games

Harukaze
06-30-2002, 03:10 AM
I do have to agree with Cyros. Although I did get far afield, I felt it necessary to get my wider point across. I do feel strongly about only seeing Star Wars models in Star Wars. Seeing Riker and Piccard on jediknightii.net made me incredibly sad. You have a Star Trek game already, so why import Star Trek characters into Star Wars? It's just wrong! The same goes for DBZ or any name or manga, even though it would be humorous as all hell to see Ikari-kun running away from battle with a lightsaber uselessly in hand. And the idea of Himura Kenshin with a lightsaber is just... wow. Now there's someone who would make a great Jedi ^_^ But I still wouldn't want to see him in a Star Wars game. I'm a Green Lantern fan too, but I refuse to download the GL skin.

Artic Blade
06-30-2002, 04:52 AM
well, first of all, anyone who has the game has the right to mod as they wish (they paid for the game right?) just a suggestion, if you plan on doing a dbz based mod(el) then dont openly post it here, reamin in the shadows, elusive, unseen.

eventhough nothing on DBZ is elusive or unseen (whats the point of screaming SOOO much the planet explodes? and why glow like that?)

i also believe that there should be some non-SW models (SW is great and all, if you look past all the plot holes, and the fact that it is THE #1 most over-analyzed work of fiction ever!)

i could go on bashing SW, but it doesnt seem smart here in the lucasforums... might offend a few people

*gasp* cant offended anyone now can i?

BTW, i am impressed by the fact that the flaming has been kept to a minimum here.

Gohan_Trunksss
06-30-2002, 07:44 AM
Here is a BFP website that has a good model of teen Gohan in Goku's fighting cloths. c what u guys can do to convert it to jk2. http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/dbz765/models.shtml . wish ya best of luck ;)

SithLord Maul
06-30-2002, 07:47 AM
Thanks. Anyone know how i can do that?

SithLord Maul
06-30-2002, 08:01 AM
http://www.geocities.com/enchantedmonkey182/night_vision4 Pic of Goku in here, he is in the orange shirt
My pet Yoda will beat you with an ugly stick :yodaball:

Harukaze
06-30-2002, 08:39 AM
Sorry Arctic, you're right. I think I gave off the wrong meaning on my last post. Non-SW models are great, but not for me. You're exactly right; if you paid for the game, and what you want is within legal bounds, then you have every right to do what you want with it. I also don't want those who craft non-SW mdoels and skins to think I'm criticizing them or their work; some of it is quite marvelously done, but not matter how stunning it is, I still won't download it. Call it a personal thing, and take no offense :)

PS: Arctic, great oni you have there. Any particular source on that?

Artic Blade
06-30-2002, 08:58 AM
heehee, thx on the avatar (got sick of the reborn)

umm, i linked to the oni site for bugie.com. you should find the link to the oni site in products. from there its in downloads.

(or i could just email it to ya)

dane
06-30-2002, 09:03 AM
is that were the model is?

did anyone want to do this model?

IM CONFUSED!!!!!I WANT DBZ MODEL!!!

Artic Blade
06-30-2002, 09:07 AM
no, bungie is where i got my avatar. i dont think anyone has taken up the project.

man, this thread sure got off topic.

dane
06-30-2002, 09:12 AM
WELL IF I KNEW HOW TO SKIN I WOULDA DID THE WHOLE DANG DBZ UNIVERSE

ANOTHER GOOD IDEA!!!
GOKU BUT AS A KID LIKE HIS DRAGONBALL EPISODE

WE CAN GET THE GROUP WHO MADE THE YODA MODEL FOR THAT :D :D

dane
06-30-2002, 09:14 AM
j/j off corse

SithLord Maul
06-30-2002, 01:31 PM
what are you guys talking about?

Goooey
07-01-2002, 10:23 AM
Lets make this simple:

DBZ + JK2 =

syntax error

Gohan_Trunksss
07-01-2002, 12:16 PM
Hey sithlord maul nice icon pic ;) only took me 2 min to make mine, what u mean syntax error?

Sounds Risky
07-01-2002, 12:47 PM
It's a joke meaning Jedi Outcast and DragonBall don't mix. Someone close this thread since there's an official request thread now.

SithLord Maul
07-01-2002, 01:04 PM
Thx, i cant find one i like

IYFJK
07-01-2002, 01:04 PM
LOL, one of these were bound to show up :)

Gohan_Trunksss
07-01-2002, 01:18 PM
i can make u a good icon just need a e-mail so i can send the pic to u. and there are 3 request on that forum for DBZ skin :)

SithLord Maul
07-01-2002, 01:33 PM
sweet, i so badly want a goku skin, he would be awesome. im sorry to those of u who think im crazy, cause i too think a lil freak running around in star wars is freaky but i still like it BUWAHAHAHAH

Goooey
07-01-2002, 08:20 PM
Gohann_Trunksss and Sithlord Maul, I was just wondering......
how old are you guys?

menemeth
07-01-2002, 09:02 PM
lol they must be three, if u want DBZ crap go get qauke 3 and go to www.bidforpower.com and stop spamming these boards, no one, i repeat, no one will make a DBZ model so stop pestering people

SithLord Maul
07-01-2002, 11:38 PM
I already HAVE BIDFORPOWER!!!!

Gohan_Trunksss
07-02-2002, 01:42 AM
menemeth ur wrong there are ppl that will make it there just busy maken what they want right now...... and gooey i not tellen my age its not important.

Sounds Risky
07-02-2002, 02:07 AM
According to their profiles, Gohan_Trunksss is 14 and SithLord Maul is 18.

Altimira
07-02-2002, 02:18 AM
i think thats a little to old for those types of cartoons.

SithLord Maul
07-02-2002, 03:09 AM
What do u guys watch? That overgrown pink lizard?

JangoFett41
07-02-2002, 03:27 AM
just so you know BFP is no longer DBZ. FUNi made them change it.

PS Gokuu sucks! (at least the old Gokuu does)

Sounds Risky
07-02-2002, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by SithLord Maul
What do u guys watch? That overgrown pink lizard?

Overgrown pink lizard?

morphius_doh
07-02-2002, 03:49 AM
Gundam Wing is a hell of a lot better than DBZ!

JangoFett41
07-02-2002, 03:55 AM
that would be barney, excuse you. And gundam wing sucks ass. it's boring and incredibly depressing.

DireTan
07-02-2002, 04:10 AM
DBZ would be easy to make a Mod for IN Jk2 .. There being force powers already just need to Edit Efx and Stuff..

Personaly I would love diffrent Force like Kamehameha
They have Dbz mod for Half Life called Dragonball mod and ESforces or something I played it , Really Buggy"

Id like to see a Dbz Mod made for Jk2 altho I dont watch every single episode of DBZ I am a DBZ Fan..

Wouldnt you like to Kill Desann with a Fireball?

SithLord Maul
07-02-2002, 04:16 AM
Those of u who dont want a DBZ mod feel free to gang bang on me when i play in ur server

JangoFett41
07-02-2002, 04:17 AM
Oh, Dear God, YES!!!! Die Desann You big purple terd!!! Burn in hell you retarded Sith wannabe!

SithLord Maul
07-02-2002, 04:18 AM
DireTan, do u think u could make it?

Artic Blade
07-02-2002, 04:22 AM
i dont think you would need a DBZ mod to shoot fireballs and what not. and labeling it DBZ mod would get you pretty badly flamed in these forums. but the powers and what not could pretty easily replace current one, even though all the ones i can think of are dark side...

(ie rage instead of "powering up", or the lazer blast thing replaces lightning (not the greatest switch, but whatever))

BTW, can anyone tell me why every request for an anime based model turnes into a contest of which is better? DBZ, Gundam, Pokemon, who cares?

you do obviously, but if they like it, try to respect their opinion and keep a freindly, mature atmosphere.

Gohan_Trunksss
07-02-2002, 04:22 AM
lol that would be funny to have a DBZ mod but for right now i think we should just work for the model's so we can enjoy them right now :)

Gohan_Trunksss
07-02-2002, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by OCH
According to their profiles, Gohan_Trunksss is 14 and SithLord Maul is 18.

that it!!!!!!!! im changeing my profile heh, i told u its not important an why should u care. ppl can like DBZ if they want , for me i watch the show and i enjoy drawing it too, now drop the subject and stick to what the forum post was made for. DBZ GOKU model not how old are u guys.

Gohan_Trunksss
07-02-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by morphius_doh
Gundam Wing is a hell of a lot better than DBZ!

I watch both so now u gona say that gundam wing is no good too? why the heck do u guys keep posting post crticizeing DBZ if u dont want a DBZ model dont even look at the post!! if u guys are posting in this forum then u must like dbz cuz ur checking out what there saying about DBZ.

sithlord-II
07-02-2002, 05:04 AM
in all honesty, the american DBZ is pretty bad. Gundam wing is also pretty horrid stuff, compared to the original series' before it, etc. The japanese DBZ was cool as was the manga. Americanized anime is and always has been pretty much crap, i believe the material is always best in its original format, subtitled from japanese.
But hey, thats just me. Maybe i'm wrong and this pokemon crap and yugioh is really how its meant to be
:P
i'm an old-school anime fan, 70's and 80s stuff owns

Lucko Mabri
07-02-2002, 05:07 AM
Some things do and do not fit into jedi outcast. DBZ doesn't. I dont know how som,e things do and some things dont its just dbz isnt one of them.

JangoFett41
07-02-2002, 06:14 AM
can we please end this redundant discussion already? let's get down to it. Is someone gonna make a Gokuu model or not? If you're not a modeler shut your ass up. this post is getting too long for no reason.

Gohan_Trunksss
07-02-2002, 06:44 AM
jango we are currently waiting for a responce from a diffrent forum to see if there gona make the model, there is quiet a long list on there forum though but we have more post asking for the DBZ skin on it so there is a good chance we will get it, unless he decides its not a good idea at the moment to model it but like i said we have more than one post supporting the idea of makeing the Goku model.

DireTan
07-02-2002, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by SithLord Maul
DireTan, do u think u could make it?

I would like to see it made but me make it ? no Im not ready to take on any responibility like a Mod. Those who do Produce mods I salute you cause it is no Easy task..

Im a Mapper not a Modder :)

DireTan
07-02-2002, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Lucko Mabri
Some things do and do not fit into jedi outcast. DBZ doesn't. I dont know how som,e things do and some things dont its just dbz isnt one of them.

It may not fit into Star Wars but is that gonna stop a mod being made?

Do Swords fit into Star wars? Lightsabers do but not Metalic Swords, Katana's In that Ninja Mod somone Made..
I dont think that fits into star wars but someone made a Mod on it..

Gohan_Trunksss
07-02-2002, 07:44 AM
well said dire :)

Rory_Vetack
07-02-2002, 07:57 AM
No matter whether it fits or not (which imo it DOESNT), this thread certaintly doesn't! unless you, or someone else ARE making a model, or arleady have started, this thread shouldn't be iun the MODELING forum. If you want to make a mod or want someone else too, go talk bout it in the EDITING forum, this thread has gotten way out of hand with all the DBZ-fits vs. DBZ-doesnt fit and it has no purpose to be clogging up the MODELING forum, when i go to the modeling forum, i dont want the main thread to be a heated argument on whether DBZ fits into JKII or not, or if your waiting for a response from ANOTHER forum on whether your models are being created. Id rather see a thread about someone working on a model, someone asking foir help with a model or someone testing a model. You really only have three Appropriate choices 1- go bug-out the -REQUEST- thread with your -REQEUSTs, 2- go back to the other forum, or 3- SHUT up!!!!

SithLord Maul
07-02-2002, 08:06 AM
DireTan, can u make a model? doesnt have to be a mod, i think u can do it. Or if u can transfer models i have a few

Lucko Mabri
07-02-2002, 02:46 PM
Did i say what fits into star wars? i said what fits into jedi outcast. Some things DO Some things DONT. I dont like the katanas myself. Anyway d you see servers running the katana mod? NO! Anyway i dont really care if you make DBZ Models as if anyone else except u tiny community of DBZ Lovers would use them.

Gohan_Trunksss
07-02-2002, 03:28 PM
oooooooooo so grouchy i think ill call u vegeta for now :) sence it seems to be your most favorite show in the world........ anyways maul any news on the model yet?

Harukaze
07-02-2002, 06:36 PM
Obviously, some people missed the point of my earlier post altogether.

People, if you're not going to add anything constructive, criticism or praise either one, then don't bother posting. If your post count means that much to you, go spam the Valley or the Swamp.

the_Beast
07-02-2002, 09:40 PM
dbz models
hahahahahaha
you guys ar freaks ...
there are better models
nobody will make that kind of model (nobody with brains )

Lucko Mabri
07-02-2002, 10:46 PM
Okay time for constructive criticism. The only way the whole community will like a DBZ model is if you adapt it for star wars. Give him a different name some different clothes and whatever other way you think. Or you could make new star wars anmie models for Jedi Outcast. See thats constructive.

-Lucko Mabri

p.s-I Still dotn like DBZ :p

SithLord Maul
07-03-2002, 02:35 AM
I like that idea Lucko Mabri, and Gohan_Trunksss, not yet :(

Gohan_Trunksss
07-03-2002, 02:55 AM
new cloths? it sounds like it will work , but does it really matter if the others download it or not? just as long as i can see the model im wearing thats all that matters to me, like drath vader i know a lot of ppl have it but no one uses it but me on servers that i play. anyways maul if u want cloths for the look at the very first post on that offical model request forum , the one with the cow in the robe, doesnt that robe look like a good one for Goku? just if u can get it in better detail for the modeler.

SithLord Maul
07-03-2002, 03:26 AM
I was thinking a mechanical body, kinda like Darth Vader but without cape and headset, and with Goku face

Lucko Mabri
07-03-2002, 03:32 AM
Hmm i was thinking more ripped jedi attire like hes to big to fit it sorta incredible hulk stylie? i like your idea though :D

SithLord Maul
07-03-2002, 05:02 AM
Thats be cool too, u think anyone would make those ideas?

Harukaze
07-03-2002, 06:22 AM
All I can say is that the_Beast has proven his own immaturity.

As I mentioned way back when, I wouldn't download the models, but I disagree strongly with those who think the models are not worth making. If there happens to be a modeller who is a fan of Dragonball, then by all means let's see some.

I'd actually be really curious to see a Kuririn or Juhachigou model. I might break my own rule for one of them.

SithLord Maul
07-03-2002, 07:30 AM
Who is Juhachigou???

DarthBob
07-03-2002, 02:16 PM
I like all of ur guys ideas

Harukaze
07-03-2002, 07:55 PM
Juuhachigou is the teenaged girl that Red Ribbon kidnaps for experimentation and "enhancements" *coughs* She's briefly a villain during the Cell saga but then becomes the wife of Kuririn.

ben111
07-04-2002, 01:41 AM
oh... so shes android 18?

SithLord Maul
07-04-2002, 02:15 AM
Ohh her, i thought she was Andriod 18

__CKY__
07-04-2002, 03:59 AM
id like to see a brolli or tapion model :D

Lucko Mabri
07-04-2002, 04:17 AM
stop it you guys! stop coming up with all these wacky names! they're confusing me! :D

-Lucko Mabri

SithLord Maul
07-04-2002, 05:10 AM
Does anyone here think they can make it?

SithLord Maul
07-04-2002, 05:12 AM
Also does anyone have anymore ideas?

Harukaze
07-04-2002, 06:21 AM
It wouldn't make you confused if you knew Japanese ; ) Take Jinzouningen Juuhachigou for instance. Jinzou - artificial; ningen - human; juu - ten; hachi - eight; gou - number. So all told you get Artificial Human #18. Of course, with Juuhachigou and Juunanagou, they're really not "artificial" at all; they're quite human, with a few enhancements. It's quite humorous in the truly uncut versions when Kuririn has to answer how he has a kid with someone everyone else thought was a robot.

And wow, have we gotten far afield of the topic.

skater_craigd
07-04-2002, 06:31 AM
well, just for a thought i think it would b reasonably hard to model a decent goku or vegeta model, as there cartoons, iused to watch it but i stopped,

if its possible, could u somehow make the facial thetures on the models more human like rather than cartoon style, like more flat imean, cause cartoons tend to hav a line or something to show a cheak bone :P

just b cool if he cou,ld look more human like, like in the mace-windu and other models :)

hope im of some help craig xx

genthar
07-04-2002, 06:34 AM
Far afield Harukaze? No, this thread went far afield several dozen posts ago. In fact it went out the fields front gate and was hit by an 18-wheeler and knocked into a low orbit where it will spiral down and burn up on re-entry.
I wanted to know what sort of discussion has so many posts, I still want to know :D

I'd better go now, I wont be back....

Artic Blade
07-04-2002, 11:42 PM
aparantly there are two sides to this thread those who want or support models of the anime persuasion and those who.... uh ... dont.

as for modeling the faces, i dont think you would have to sacrifice the cartoon look and feel to bring it into 3d enviroment. it should really be easier to model a cartoon than it would be to model a real person (not speaking from experience cuz i have none)

personnally im all for anime based models, even if i can count all the series ive seen on one hand.

the only problem i think would be the eyes (how did they do it on q3?) would it be large modeled eyes, or painted on with the skin.

Harukaze
07-05-2002, 12:12 AM
Very likely large, modeled eyes. I think I saw someone working on a model with rather large eyes. How the game handles blinking though, that's another story. Of course, some models don't seem to care about being able to blink, and so have the eyes painted right on the skin. The question is, how do you tell it whether or not it should try?

And no matter how many you've seen, I think I know someone who beats you. He's the American expert on DBZ [not an exageration; he writes most of the articles for a DBZ magazine and has recently interviewed Toriyama himself... he's also interviewed some of the FUNimation crew but refuses ever to speak to them again ^_^], and his collection encompasses about 60-80 different series. He just got back from Japan, again, and probably picked up a few new goodies. He made thousands selling fansubs of DBZ before it was licensed here, and continues to make a good 10K a year on the magazine... considering he's only a sophomore in college, that's a pretty damn sweet deal.

You know... I should talk to him about this... I'm pretty certain he's taken some computer art classes last semester, maybe 3d modelling was among them.

Epimetheus
07-05-2002, 01:40 AM
I think all of these flames are going to set the thread on fire...

SithLord Maul
07-05-2002, 01:45 AM
OK those of u who dont like DBZ and are here just to get us people who like it mad GO AWAY PLZ

Sounds Risky
07-05-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Epimetheus
I think all of these flames are going to set the thread on fire...

I think it already is.

DarthBob
07-05-2002, 01:51 AM
Bump bump bump bump bump.....bump bump..

Kool ideas btw!! A Goku model, Trunks model, Android 18 model, Vegeta model, all that would be tight to see!! Can't wait to see what happens. I'll keep on checking in. Until then.

--DarthBob

P.S. BUMP!

ben111
07-05-2002, 01:52 AM
hey it might be cool to have a cel shaded model. sort of like the homer model in quake 3

DarthBob
07-05-2002, 01:53 AM
Did I mention

BUMP!!!!:p :D

DarthBob
07-05-2002, 01:54 AM
Yea yea!! I'd love to see cell!! That'd be a GREAT idea!!!! Of course he'd be the final cell! He looks the best then....maybe even some Boos too!

Harukaze
07-05-2002, 04:44 AM
Wow, light urple. I think it's officially time for me to say goodbye to this thread.

t3rr0r
07-05-2002, 04:46 AM
/me laughs since dbz is one of the worst animes ever

Gohan_Trunksss
07-05-2002, 05:40 AM
terror did u not see the post that said anyone here to make fun of dbz or whatever u wana call it TO LEAVE! we dont wana waste our time with u guys, who cares if u dont like the show, start your own thread and do that, this thread is to make DBZ models, specificly Goku for now and more later. if u dont like it too bad just leave us alone.

t3rr0r
07-05-2002, 05:52 AM
but i just got here so i had to say it. :p

WAR_BlindSkater
07-05-2002, 07:28 AM
Not to be mean or anything but you guys are all idiots! What does it matter if a skin or model fits in the game. If you like it make it. Remember JK??? There were so many skins that did not fit with the SW theme. A few of them were my skins the Camo ones that came with the WAR mods. There were so many skins that did not fit in with the SW theme but people liked them. Like Santa, Spawn, DC comic heros, DBZ/anime, and all kinds of stuff. I remember the Bill Clinton skin I don't think that fits too well with the SW theme but people liked it. Running around as clinton was fun. It shouldent matter if it fits in with the rest. All that should matter is if you like it and you are having fun. I think the SW skins look all the same they get borning. I think people should make what they like and just forget these "rules" Th guy that is a GL fan but won't download the skin because it won't fit in is just stupid. Who cares. Ever play Q3??? What the hell is the difference. People dont complane when they have some tiny skinny chick in tight clothes with huge boob running around holding a giant rocket launcher. She would fall right on here face from the weight of the weapon and her boobs. Finishing this up... PEOPLE it doesnt matter if it fits... The only thing that matters is if you like it and your having fun using it.

(I use to like DBZ but its getting so lame with the same old thing over and over dub more or stop showing it thats what I think. Anyway im tired I can't think to well so if my typing is crappy thats why :D)

circatm2001
07-05-2002, 08:00 AM
DBZ Rules and it does go with star wars i would love to see goku runin around with a lightsaber or a gun. A brolly or goku model would be awesome so somebody please make one! I have the tools to make a model i just dont know how to use Max 4. I would make 1 if someone is willing to help.

Shadow D.A.N
07-05-2002, 08:51 AM
Hmm... we must destoy goku and then we must rebild him so he can be in star wars univers

http://www.esq.uwaterloo.ca/summer01/Camps/ExXtreme/0/week4webpages/Andrew/Goku_Matrix_.jpg

this is goku in the matrix univers
perfeckt fit whoudent u say

enyway i cant care les about this
u can say iv bin ther don that my interest in dbz is gone
i have moved on to things like tenchi trigun and metalpanic
and so on

PhantomHelix
07-05-2002, 09:45 AM
i also want there to be DBZ models. If someone can, they have to make a mod similar to Bid for Power, which is the best mod for q3. i am part of the legion of dbz lovers.

SithLord Maul
07-05-2002, 10:47 AM
Shadow Dan, i like that but with SSJ2 Goku :)

DarthBob
07-05-2002, 12:28 PM
Id like that too SSJ2 :)

Gohan_Trunksss
07-05-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by circatm2001
DBZ Rules and it does go with star wars i would love to see goku runin around with a lightsaber or a gun. A brolly or goku model would be awesome so somebody please make one! I have the tools to make a model i just dont know how to use Max 4. I would make 1 if someone is willing to help.

i dont know anything about max 4 but i wana check out the website for it, can u tell me the link please.

FeurGrissa
07-05-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Kakarotto
DBZ was not meant for kids but they brought it over to American thinking all cartoons are made for kids and they made the series suitible for childrin. I just hate more than anything how everybody gets the wrong impression about anime. I learned all my japanese swearwords from the origional japanese DBZ. Such as Kuso = ****. I can garentee the anime movie Ninja Scroll has more violence than anything you have watched, and the Anime series Evangelion has a deeper plot that anything you have watched.

Just because it doesnt have live actors in it doesnt mean its for children. I think Pokemon and Digimon and all those other anime went for japanese children gives everyone the wrong impression about japanese animation. :o

ok i just wanted to say that you tyotally misjudges my post. i have the full (292?) set of episodes on VCD in japanese for DBZ, watched em, loved em for about 3 years, but that was a while ago. ive also seen lots of Evangelon which i still love, as well as ghost in teh shell.

i am well aware that lots of anime is for adults, like evangelion, but that doesnt change the fact taht DBZ was originally marketed for kids, why do you think if you get the cheapo jap TV rips off the internet they have commercials for DBZ toys, backpacks and all other sorts of memorobilia similar to that in the united state, which is amrketed for kids.

also whoever said something about DBZ lasting till 98 is way off base, that was DBGT which wasnt even made by the same guy, and is way different, and imo extremely lame :)

and for all you complaining that this thread dont belong on this forum, just dont look at it, it deserves to be here as much as anything else and granted there are a lot of seemingly immature people here, but like i said, u dont like it dont look at it. the argument that it is clogging up the forums is rediculouse... that is jsut your way of saying that you dont like this thread, and since you dont like it it automatically shouldnt be here, but the forums will never be censored exactly to your liking, so chill out.

and BTW pls dont correct me on my grammer i know inm an offal speeler :)

FeurGrissa
07-05-2002, 01:59 PM
ohhh and also saying that DBZ doesnt go along with jk2 is irrelevant, it doesnt go along with the extremely thin plot of q3, or with the style of charactors, but there still (were) mods for it it might be kinda hard for u to understand guys, but lightsabers can be taken out of the game :) i dont think it was really that unbeleavable when BFP decided to take guns out of Q3..... and if somone did have a goke model for example and tried to use it in a multiplayer game with you, im pretty sure u wouldnt be able to see it anyways unless you had the model too, so if u dont like DBZ and dont download the model then it shouldnt matter to you if somone does cause you will just see the generic kyle skin anyway...

btw does JK have automatic downlaods for maps and models and stuff? i dont play multiplayer so my last statement could easily make me look like an assif im wrong, but thats how q3 was so im assuming its the same :)

Artic Blade
07-06-2002, 01:17 AM
yes, jk2 does have an auto download, but you need to turn it on and so does the server. and it goes scary slow.

and i think some people took me wrong on my last post, (sorry, poorly written) i meant to say i have NEVER seen any anime except what is shown on cartoon network and i tripped over a few of those kiddy ones on other channels. just claryifing.

so... i think enough has been said about the whold dbz/anime models in jk2 so ill jsut back them all up.

so there.

Jango_Fett91
07-06-2002, 01:33 AM
I Personlly L O V E D D B Z :D

t3rr0r
07-06-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Jango_Fett91
I Personlly L O V E D D B Z :D
/me hopes there is sarcasm in that statement

rhYtheMX
07-06-2002, 03:01 AM
if anything make a eva, cowbowbeebop or ghost of the shell model.

t3rr0r
07-06-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by rhYtheMX
if anything make a eva, cowbowbeebop or ghost of the shell model.
or someone from hellsing. :D

__CKY__
07-06-2002, 03:45 AM
are you guys forgetting about Akira :D I wanna see a Tetsuo and Kaneda and a Akira one too

trowa500
07-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Trunks is the best dbz character he makes goku look like a wimp in the first 3 episodes hes in. He deservs to be made a skin 1st besides goku is the gayest character in dbz even krillin is cooler than him

Jason_W
07-06-2002, 08:58 AM
Would somebody please, STOP THE MADNESS!

SithLord Maul
07-07-2002, 12:01 PM
Only in the first 3 episodes.....anyone able to make this model for us?

Artic Blade
07-08-2002, 09:01 AM
its been said before and will no doubt be said again.

if you want a non-star warz model, then you will most likly have to do it your self.

not trying to be mean or nuthin, just pointing out a cruel fact.

oh, and BTW, i would think it should really matter which character looks the coolest, not acts. cuz in the end, it all falls to the might of vanity.

Shadow D.A.N
07-09-2002, 06:57 AM
and if u dont want to make it your self then STFU! ok :evil5:

......goku this and goku it can make one go loco......

and i hope that the next time i see somting with goku or SSJ it hass a "WIP" next to it OK now stop posting HERE DAMIT!!!

Quackster
07-10-2002, 02:12 PM
LOL:D

PerfectCell
07-10-2002, 10:00 PM
http://members.hometown.aol.com/acmnin1/images/perfect%20cell!.bmp

now he is the one deserving of a model Cell Ownz!

agentj64
07-10-2002, 10:29 PM
I personally love DBZ too, but I think any DBZ model wouldn't "fit" into the JK2 enviroment...
and I'm somewhat mad at how every dbz model (other than bfp) tries to copy the cel animated shadows and such
I MIGHT do one myself for kicks and giggles but:p