PDA

View Full Version : SOOO Close!

Sniper Wolf
06-29-2002, 10:34 AM
I have everything working now on my model, but when I try to build the glm in Assimilate, I get these errors (after adding the humanoid.gla and making the model.car in the same folder as my root.xsi):

l_hand_cap_l_hand_wrist_off
l_hand_wrist_cap_l_arm_off
l_hand_wrist_cap_l_hand_off
l_arm_cap_l_hand_wrist_off
torso_l_shoulder
torso_r_shoulder
r_arm
*r_arm_cap_r_hand
*r_arm_elbow
*r_arm_cap_torso
r_hand
*r_hand_cap_r_arm
*r_hand_wrist
*r_hand
r_hand_wrist
torso_collar
torso_l_shoulder_cap_torso_off
torso_collar_cap_torso_off
torso_collar_cap_head_off
r_hand_wrist_cap_r_arm_off
r_hand_wrist_cap_r_hand_off
r_hand_cap_r_hand_wrist_off
head_cap_torso_collar_off

( Press any Key ... )

This doesn't make any sense because I don't have objects that have "cap" in them without a "off" at the end. And I dont even have a r_arm_elbow object. What is the meaning of the * on some of the objects?
- Wolf :jawa

sithlord-II
06-29-2002, 10:47 AM
r_arm_elbow is a tag
do you have the object linked together properly ?

Sniper Wolf
06-29-2002, 10:51 AM
I'm pretty sure it is linked correctly, but I will go back and check.
Wait, so if I don't have these objects, such as the r_arm_elbow tags, will it not work?

Edit: Yes I have everything linked correctly, and r_arm_elbow is not a tag, but bolt_r_arm_elbow is and is linked the the r_arm. This should be no problem, yet assimilate finds it as an error

Madjai
06-29-2002, 11:25 AM
it just gives you those objects, it doesnt say anything about them, like their missing or something?

Sniper Wolf
06-29-2002, 11:31 AM
It might say something is missing or something like that, but the carcass.exe compiler goes to fast so all I see are those last objects there. Has anyone else had this type of problem?

Sniper Wolf
06-29-2002, 11:38 AM
It also makes the model_default.skin file but not the model.glm. Forgot to add that to my last post.

Sniper Wolf
06-30-2002, 01:06 AM
*bump*
A little help here? I would learn this on my own but since there are no Assimilate tutorials out there (except that one page by Silent Mobius which is excellent but isn't complete yet) I need to rely on the experience of modelers who have actually gotten Assimilate to work correctly and ACTUALLY get a working model.glm out of it.
- Wolf :jawa