PDA

View Full Version : Gateway challenge....

massacre
06-29-2002, 02:19 PM
Wow 39 secs.... WTF even with incredible luck that seems ridiculous...
Anyways my question for anyone that has been doing it, is everyone else just spawning in the red base in the little rock room everytime? Unless I change my force powers during the game my spawn spot is always the same, and since you can't change your powers during the game in the tourney it never changes. If this is the case for everyone then how the @#$$# did someone get 39 secs. It takes like 15 secs even with run on to get any decent weapon and get to the center of the map. Maybe 20. So even with 5 guys in there, there is no way to get to the blue base and kill 7 more in the time limit.... Best I have gotten at home after countless practices from that spawn is 56 secs. And in the tourney I got very luck and got 1 minute exactly, but jesus anything under 50 secs seems unreal little lone 40. Oh well if anyone has any thoughts on the contest, related to my post or not please respond.

Shadow Angel
06-29-2002, 03:03 PM
I hear ya, massacre. 39 sec? That's ridiculous! I'm in the Gateway Challenge too. Unfortunately, my best time so far is only 1:41 (thankfully, I've done better at home.) In the beginning of the match I always spawn in the red room, but after that, I respawn in totally random locations. Unfortunately, it's usually either right next to a lightsaber-mad Tavion in which I die immediately, or right smack in the middle of nowhere, at least 40 seconds away from any bots. I end up with the bowcaster too much, also.
Thankfully, the bots aren't very good at blocking blaster shots. I'm not going to reveal my strategies 'til after the Tournament is over, though, even if they might be totally worthless.

Munkaboo
07-01-2002, 06:03 AM
well GODAMN... 35 seconds... imean how obvious is it that this guy is cheating? NOT TO MENTION he is grand prize spot AND #1 SPOT, i will be OUTRAGED if this person wins ( inolen and MikeyDez) http://programs.gateway.com/challenge/?page=ranks

my ID is Munkaboo if u wanna check out my times

since im all done my strategy was basically get an E-11, a rocket launcher, and look for clumps, i managed to get :53... but :35?? WTf?!?!

JandoFett1842
07-01-2002, 08:24 AM
WTf?

Mercen4ry
07-01-2002, 08:49 AM
Yeah... I steered clear of the challenge for exactly this reason. Had it been a kill opponent match and not bots, I may have entered though.

The problem with a contest based on killing bots in a time limit instead of beating human opponents is the following:

1) It's not necessarily based on skill. Sure, there is a *little* involved in the rocket spam / gun spam for killing each bot, but the main factor is luck of the spawn to luck of the bot spawn, plain and simple. :(
2) 1.03 is a tad corrupted a la spam. My guess is the "winner" either spammed rockets / repeater secondary all over the bots or ran around, backslashing. :rolleyes:
3) Let's face it; bots are stupid in JK2.

That said, I would call the contest more of a "sweepstakes" (all puns intended :p ) or lottery than a tournament, IMO, so don't get your back up about it. Even the most skilled player in the world could have still lost with a time of 1:50 or higher, just due to luck of the spawn. :eek:

Merc out. :fett:

Dakan
07-01-2002, 08:55 AM
I signed up for the challenge a few weeks before it started, and decided against competing on the first few days just to see what kind of scores popped up and what I would have to work towards to beat.

Well it's the last day of the tournament and I didn't compete at all because it's the most ridiculous contest I have ever laid eyes on. Someone managed to get 35 and 39 seconds?!?!? No one person can be that lucky to score that kind of time. After months of playing this game and thinking I was actually pretty decent, I only managed to get 1:15 as my best time. And that was at home after countless times of practice runs. At least 50 of them.

Either this guy has an insane amount of luck, he's played the game 24/7 non-stop to become THE best player in the world, or he was cheating. Something is fishy and it really bothers me to think how he managed to get those kinds of scores. Whatever though. He's $25,000 richer and so far nothing has been said about the validity of his scores.

Gateway or someone needs to hold a second challenge and actually base it on skill rather than dumb luck and who can get the best spawn location.

Mercen4ry
07-01-2002, 09:18 AM
Either that, or the guy is Gateway's "mole" to redeem some of the prize money, just like with the McDonald's Monopoly Scam. That would be funny.... :D

.... but sucks for anyone that entered. :(

agentj64
07-01-2002, 10:05 AM
LOL
I checked the list today and saw a good many people kicked off, but the thing is still down to 52 seconds just for a GF4 TI lol.
I myself entered and practice here and there. The first day i used /senstivity 35 and got a time of 45 seconds. I got disqualified for using senstivity:P so i made a new account, and got 2 minutes lol ...

But I went the other day and saw some others playing (odd - I've met no one in Florida who's entered) and what they said you do is modify the CFG, it would read it as the default settings, and of course. I emailed Gateway saying how unfair also it was, becuase after a good 100 practice matches or so ( maybe like 50 rather..) only one of them had the PERFECT scenario, in which I realized, how to achieve 39 seconds

In fact this whole challenge was not skilled base at all
it was dumb luck.

Strategy: Ignore! I realized running for the rocket launcher and killing the rodian or whatever char that spawned near you in red area was totally useless. I also realized that DIEING at the right time is very helpful.

What I did was level 2 speed, level 2 jump, and 1 pt for saber (everythign else was useless, even saber, i never wound up using it)

the instant I spawned in the red area, i sped to the middle doors, grabbed the det devices, and tried hard to NEVER EVER touch the bowcaster (worst weapon), ran to the imperial repeater, and into the middle.

If there were tons of guys in the middle, a good 5 kills was earned, wait one second, return to red base, there would be many fighting there, if your lucky another 5 just waiting to be picked off.

Running to the blue base was achievable but only if luck had its way, and this is how you got 39 seconds:

I did the same strategy, picked up 4 kills in the middle, ran into blue area, picked up imperial rifle and shot a Stormtrooper (all the troopers were easy kills), and then ran into the blue area

by my suprise there were 9!!!!!!!
*********9***************
guys jumping and sabering, 3 perfectly placed det devices worked, but 3 of them had died and so my kills was up to 11!!
i had achieved 11 kills in 25 seconds

finding the last one cost me dearly, and my time ended at 1:04:|

But i had played so many times, and the possibilit that their spawning would be AT THAT price placement was amazing on its own, and it proved to me at least that skill was not a factor in this game at all.

inolen or others please post here - if you in fact did it another way many would like to now.. but seriously ...

sigh

RectalFury
07-01-2002, 10:20 AM
I don't know if the winners cheated or not, but like massacre said, it is possible to get a time like that if the perfect thing happens. In practice, I got the rocket launcher and walked into the base to find 6 people standing there waiting to be blasted. I got about 45 seconds that game, and that was just 6 free kills. If there was somehow 12 bots standing there, you could get a time of like 25 seconds for the whole thing.

Of course, this doesn't make me feel any better about the tournament. It is kind of stupid how anyone in the entire top 150 could have won if the bots cooperated. I got a 59 in the tournament because there were 4 bots standing there when I got the heavy repeater.

One thing I did find mysterious though, the grand prize winner and the first place guy in the 13-24 category are from the same city, and also the first and secnod guys in the other category....If there was a way to cheat, like somehow sending in false times, it would be very easy to do if you had the cooperation of the people working at the store. Which would explain why there was more than one winner from these stores...

Shadow Angel
07-01-2002, 01:26 PM
35 seconds....... Man, I would sure like to talk to this inolen guy. Is he registered in these forums? Either he's one major cheater involved in a conspiracy, or he's the god of JKII multiplayer. I mean, for a moment some guy beat his 39 sec. score, then he conveniently beats his own score down to 35 sec. I don't think it's just luck. He's done this multiple times, and his record is always under a minute. I think Gateway's cool, but I sense a scam here........

Munkaboo
07-01-2002, 02:21 PM
im more mad of the fact tat its the same fecking person thats going to win 30k and 2 geforce 4's

Munkaboo
07-01-2002, 02:25 PM
and BTW i love how complete noobs win stuff like this, who arent involved in the community AT ALL.

and you know what else would be totally kick ass? if lots of ppl in the top 25 were DQ'd for using another account, and ppl from top 50 were bumped down, w00t that would own :D

bus
07-01-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by RectalFury
I don't know if the winners cheated or not, but like massacre said, it is possible to get a time like that if the perfect thing happens. In practice, I got the rocket launcher and walked into the base to find 6 people standing there waiting to be blasted. I got about 45 seconds that game, and that was just 6 free kills. If there was somehow 12 bots standing there, you could get a time of like 25 seconds for the whole thing.

Of course, this doesn't make me feel any better about the tournament. It is kind of stupid how anyone in the entire top 150 could have won if the bots cooperated. I got a 59 in the tournament because there were 4 bots standing there when I got the heavy repeater.

One thing I did find mysterious though, the grand prize winner and the first place guy in the 13-24 category are from the same city, and also the first and secnod guys in the other category....If there was a way to cheat, like somehow sending in false times, it would be very easy to do if you had the cooperation of the people working at the store. Which would explain why there was more than one winner from these stores...

the answer is plain,inolen and the first place getter are friends,as for cheating,are you serious?they had ppl watching them when they played
he only entered because of the dick head Horka Thane who was shouting off his mouth in the GD forum about how he was going to win

bus
07-01-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Angel
35 seconds....... Man, I would sure like to talk to this inolen guy. Is he registered in these forums? Either he's one major cheater involved in a conspiracy, or he's the god of JKII multiplayer. I mean, for a moment some guy beat his 39 sec. score, then he conveniently beats his own score down to 35 sec. I don't think it's just luck. He's done this multiple times, and his record is always under a minute. I think Gateway's cool, but I sense a scam here........

you want to talk to inolen?
the come to the General Discussion board at the below link
http://www.quake3world.com/forums/
maybe you can come there and tell him your theory that he cheated.

lmao@Munkaboo, total noob eh? bwahahaha joo foo, hes been playing Q3A for years,apart from the fact that JKII is a new game,lol you crack me up,speaking of which, you been smoking it?

Shadow Angel
07-01-2002, 05:19 PM
Ack! The Quake 3 World forums are AWFUL! Everyone there talks uneducated and are real losers! I think Unreal Tournament can beat the crap out of Quake III anyway.

snaK9
07-01-2002, 05:40 PM
inolen won $25k. no one here did.

end.

horton
07-01-2002, 05:41 PM
Ack! The Quake 3 World forums are AWFUL! Everyone there talks uneducated and are real losers! I think Unreal Tournament can beat the crap out of Quake III anyway.

you ****ing prick.

what you are trying to say is that you havnt got the balls to go to Q3W and make these accusations to his face.

as for the members of Q3W being losers,
er.. where is the guy who won the tournament of 'your' game registered.

Yep the losers come from Q3W, thats why he won $25000 and you suck cock.

snaK9
07-01-2002, 05:42 PM

a forum for utter morons http://www.lucasforums.com/images/icons/icon2.gif

snaK9
07-01-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Munkaboo
and BTW i love how complete noobs win stuff like this, who arent involved in the community AT ALL.

and you know what else would be totally kick ass? if lots of ppl in the top 25 were DQ'd for using another account, and ppl from top 50 were bumped down, w00t that would own :D

so, your 15 posts on a lucasarts message bored make you a community keystone?

a forum for bitter losers http://www.lucasforums.com/images/icons/icon2.gif

horton
07-01-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by RectalFury

or maybe these two guys know eachother and they shared their obviously superior tactics and destroyed everyone from this forum.

tough **** losers.
:violin:

Pedantic
07-01-2002, 05:48 PM
What?! Where's the forum? ;) :D

bus
07-01-2002, 05:49 PM

sif i give a **** that you think UT is better than Q3A,come and make your accusations at the board hes registered at, or are you going to hide here like an ownT twat?

Mouze
07-01-2002, 05:50 PM
Why does everyone have to go and point fingers? Yes, inolen won the tournament with the best time. Isn't that sort of the point?

I really don't see a way of cheating when you have a store full of people and Gateway employees lurking over you like vultures.

Maybe if you got it into your thick skulls that the inolen is good at the game, you might understand why he won the tournament.

phoq
07-01-2002, 05:55 PM
Smells like a cs-community in here.
inolen > you.

horton
07-01-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by bus

sif i give a **** that you think UT is better than Q3A,come and make your accusations at the board hes registered at, or are you going to hide here like an ownT twat?

they are right though Quake3 sucks its so badly made.

oh, hold on a minute what engine does Jedi Knight 2 use?

snaK9
07-01-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Mercen4ry
Either that, or the guy is Gateway's "mole" to redeem some of the prize money, just like with the McDonald's Monopoly Scam. That would be funny.... :D

.... but sucks for anyone that entered. :(

yes, because the only way that someone could win would be if they were in cohorts with gateway.

a forum for baseless accusations http://www.lucasforums.com/images/icons/icon2.gif

Mouze
07-01-2002, 05:57 PM

You are the dumbest f.ucking c.untrag I have ever seen since I started using the internet.

snaK9
07-01-2002, 06:22 PM
you were easy.

Mercen4ry
07-01-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by snaK9

yes, because the only way that someone could win would be if they were in cohorts with gateway.

a forum for baseless accusations http://www.lucasforums.com/images/icons/icon2.gif

It's called a joke snaK9. At this point, all this forum is around for is for people to let off steam, and since I made sure to not enter the contest for exactly this reason, I'm glad I missed it. Inolen could be the best damned FPS player in the world, for all I care, but it isn't the point. Look at the McDonald's Monopoly Scam. Just the sheer fact that it happened proves that such corruption is possible, hence I brought it up in a mocking sort of way. Am I implying that Inolen cheated? Hardly. I'm just cracking a small joke to help people simmer down after the contest.

Baseless accusation? Try amusing joke. Period.

A forum for one lamer that doesn't understand the nature of posts. http://www.lucasforums.com/images/icons/icon2.gif

snaK9
07-01-2002, 06:46 PM

It's called a joke snaK9. At this point, all this forum is around for is for people to let off steam, and since I made sure to not enter the contest for exactly this reason, I'm glad I missed it. Inolen could be the best damned FPS player in the world, for all I care, but it isn't the point. Look at the McDonald's Monopoly Scam. Just the sheer fact that it happened proves that such corruption is possible, hence I brought it up in a mocking sort of way. Am I implying that Inolen cheated? Hardly. I'm just cracking a small joke to help people simmer down after the contest.

Baseless accusation? Try amusing joke. Period.

A forum for one lamer that doesn't understand the nature of posts. http://www.lucasforums.com/images/icons/icon2.gif

yes. such a good joke it was too.

snaK9
07-01-2002, 06:50 PM
you were easy.

Mercen4ry
07-01-2002, 06:59 PM
Flamity flame flame flame. http://www.sneakybuffalo.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Do you actually have something useful to add to this thread, or are you just looking for attention? Oh wait, isn't that your mommy behind you telling you it's past your bed time?

The truth is, while you've just been moaning about the people replying on this thread, you're just no more than a whiner. Leave us alone. We'd be better off without people like you infecting these forums, snaK9.

</flame>

That said, I think I'll leave this thread while I'm ahead. It seems it's turned into one big sh#t-slinging war anyway, and I'll be damned if I place myself right in the center of it.

Mouze
07-01-2002, 07:16 PM

You are the dumbest f.ucking c.untrag I have ever seen since I started using the internet.

Oh wait, isn't that your mommy behind you telling you it's past your bed time?

I stand corrected.

bus
07-01-2002, 07:30 PM
what a bunch of wankers, make totally false,baseless accusations,then when challenged try and pass it off as a joke,
you bunch of pathetic,gutless llamas

ownT

Mercen4ry
07-01-2002, 07:49 PM
*Mercen4ry happily hits the post button, then realizes that he already promised to get out of this flame fest before it was too late*

Oh screw it. Whine all you want, the difference between yourself and the likes of me is I meant it as a passive joke as a first place, thus I have a sense of humor. If you would rather be the most "1337" jedi in your own little world, be my guest; at least I don't have to resort to pathetic whining to get my point across.

But if you want the response I planned on writing, fine, and I quote (I actually typed this earlier, only to delete it for the sake of being "nice." :rolleyes: ) -

"Besides, it's my damned post, and it's not your right to tell me what I should and shouldn't do. Keep your opinions to yourself, lamer."

There. After all of the needless bullcrap that has been posted up on this forum, let me get another thing off my chest. Screw all three of you. The reason I will always stand strong and not be brought down by the petty insults that you sling at me is this - my world does not revolve around flames and how "1337" I am. I'm a human being, not to be confused with the type of filth that runs around flaming people for no better reason than to feed their own shrunken egos, and if you all would act like civilized people instead of animals or complete morons this could all be avoided. Then again, if I wanted an intelligent conversation I wouldn't be posting here, yes? :rolleyes:

There, see if you three can puzzle out the meaning in this post, because I will not stand for this crap. Adios, lamers.

snaK9
07-01-2002, 07:56 PM
blah

no, the truth is, dip****, that some of you people called inolen a cheater.

that's it.

Do you actually have something useful to add to this thread, or are you just looking for attention? Oh wait, isn't that your mommy behind you telling you it's past your bed time?

bwahaha

g1!

Pho
07-01-2002, 07:58 PM
OMG, you're saying he cheated, just because he can get a better time than all of you? oh no, i think thats just known as being a bad loser.

Oh yeah, Q3W > LucasTarts.

And you know what? i don't recall anybody talking about UT.

snaK9
07-01-2002, 08:00 PM
*Mercen4ry happily hits the post button, then realizes that he already promised to get out of this flame fest before it was too late*

Oh screw it. Whine all you want, the difference between yourself and the likes of me is I meant it as a passive joke as a first place, thus I have a sense of humor. If you would rather be the most "1337" jedi in your own little world, be my guest; at least I don't have to resort to pathetic whining to get my point across.

But if you want the response I planned on writing, fine, and I quote (I actually typed this earlier, only to delete it for the sake of being "nice." :rolleyes: ) -

"Besides, it's my damned post, and it's not your right to tell me what I should and shouldn't do. Keep your opinions to yourself, lamer."

There. After all of the needless bullcrap that has been posted up on this forum, let me get another thing off my chest. Screw all three of you. The reason I will always stand strong and not be brought down by the petty insults that you sling at me is this - my world does not revolve around flames and how "1337" I am. I'm a human being, not to be confused with the type of filth that runs around flaming people for no better reason than to feed their own shrunken egos, and if you all would act like civilized people instead of animals or complete morons this could all be avoided. Then again, if I wanted an intelligent conversation I wouldn't be posting here, yes? :rolleyes:

There, see if you three can puzzle out the meaning in this post, because I will not stand for this crap. Adios, lamers.

rofl

you were easy.

Mercen4ry
07-01-2002, 08:03 PM
Let me be frank. Even IF Inolen had cheated, I don't care one way or the other, because I didn't enter in the first place.

And please, keep flaming. It's liable to get you Banned from the forum. I'm sure any mod who sees this thread will kill it, anyway. :)

Mouze
07-01-2002, 08:11 PM

at least I don't have to resort to pathetic whining to get my point across.

At least I don't have to write essays to get my point across.

Pho
07-01-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Mouze
At least I don't have to write essays to get my point across.

haha

Mercen4ry
07-01-2002, 08:15 PM
Ok then, let me simplify that whole post into one word, just for you.

Whiner. :D

horton
07-01-2002, 08:16 PM
Horka should be banished to this forum.

This forum and Horka deserve eachother, both are ****ing ghey.

Mercen4ry
07-01-2002, 08:21 PM
Somehow horton, I'm starting to agree with you. Well, not the forum exactly (many threads remain flame-free, IMO), but this thread? Definitely.

Right now I'm still trying to figure out why people like these exist; to torment the rest of us, probably. :rolleyes:

(So the question is, why am I enjoying egging them on so? :eek: Must be because I want to vent a bit, myself, and these flamers make good targets.)

bus
07-01-2002, 08:23 PM

the point does not revolve around anything else but you f.uck tards trying to say inolen cheated,then once we came to his defence you try and say"oh it was a joke" what a load of crap!
you lot make me lol,you've been caught heaping s.hit on some one.

take your own advice,f.ucktard

horton
07-01-2002, 08:24 PM
I'm a human being, not to be confused with the type of filth that runs around flaming people for no better reason than to feed their own shrunken egos, and if you all would act like civilized people instead of animals or complete morons this could all be avoided. Then again, if I wanted an intelligent conversation I wouldn't be posting here, yes? :rolleyes:

oh man, we should be nice to eachother, giving love and respect to our fellow human beings.

stupid wanker

Agen
07-01-2002, 08:28 PM
There's 2 reasons why i didn't enter this
1. then earest gateway is 2-3 miles away.
2. I think alot of it would be down to luck, sure you can get good at it but if you were lucky and good you would get a very good score.
3. Possibly first place people have configured and screwed up everything aka managed to cheat and stay in the rules witohut getting caught too.

Mercen4ry
07-01-2002, 08:34 PM
Wow, 5 flamers now, like moths to the, well, flame. I feel loved already, but at this point I will still not back down, mainly since all 5 of you don't scare me one bit. Don't want to believe my comment was a joke? Be my guest; it just shows the limit of your intelligence.

You can worship Inolen as your own personal messiah for all I care. Heck, you can fling just about as much sh#t my way as you like; my world doesn't revolve around flaming people constantly like yours does. Stop crying, grow up, and end this thread. It's futile. Just continuing to bash me proves your own weakness, forcing you to A) gang up on me, since your single threads are not enough to break me or B) continue just to feed your shrivelled egos caused by being kicked at school or worse.

Feel free to continue, but keep in mind that what I say stands through all your flaming. Inolen could very well be a cheater. Then again, he probably isn't. Does it really matter, since he's going to be $25k richer regardless? Nope. And does it really matter what my opinion is on someone that I not only don't know, but wouldn't care about anyway because I didn't enter the contest? You answer that one.

Merc out yet again. :fett:

snaK9
07-01-2002, 08:37 PM
Let me be frank. Even IF Inolen had cheated, I don't care one way or the other, because I didn't enter in the first place.

And please, keep flaming. It's liable to get you Banned from the forum. I'm sure any mod who sees this thread will kill it, anyway. :)

you think i give a **** about being banned from this forum considering that my only posts have been in this thread?
..mmm

weren't you leaving anyway?

AND, it's even more obvious that you DO CARE otherwise you wouldn't be writing short essays.

kthx

Mercen4ry
07-01-2002, 08:42 PM
Hrm? I don't care about the contest, but I will stand up for myself in the midst of flaming, plain and simple. Read the facts, and stop complaining. :rolleyes:

Agen
07-01-2002, 08:45 PM
calm down guys.
What's the point in flaming each other if it won't make a difference to the other person or jsut get him to flame you back?
Take a chill pill :)
Anyhoo argueing aint gonna make a difference to his 25k

snaK9
07-01-2002, 08:46 PM
Wow, 5 flamers now, like moths to the, well, flame. I feel loved already, but at this point I will still not back down, mainly since all 5 of you don't scare me one bit. Don't want to believe my comment was a joke? Be my guest; it just shows the limit of your intelligence.

You can worship Inolen as your own personal messiah for all I care. Heck, you can fling just about as much sh#t my way as you like; my world doesn't revolve around flaming people constantly like yours does. Stop crying, grow up, and end this thread. It's futile. Just continuing to bash me proves your own weakness, forcing you to A) gang up on me, since your single threads are not enough to break me or B) continue just to feed your shrivelled egos caused by being kicked at school or worse.

Feel free to continue, but keep in mind that what I say stands through all your flaming. Inolen could very well be a cheater. Then again, he probably isn't. Does it really matter, since he's going to be $25k richer regardless? Nope. And does it really matter what my opinion is on someone that I not only don't know, but wouldn't care about anyway because I didn't enter the contest? You answer that one.

Merc out yet again. :fett:

yes, i can very much see how making you look stupid is highlighting my own weakness.

bus
07-01-2002, 08:46 PM
:rolleyes: tosser:rolleyes:

bus
07-01-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
calm down guys.
What's the point in flaming each other if it won't make a difference to the other person or jsut get him to flame you back?
Take a chill pill :)
Anyhoo argueing aint gonna make a difference to his 25k

wow 25k to you if you can manage to make a post without spelling mistakes

Q3W++

Agen
07-01-2002, 08:56 PM
spelling isn't my top priority and yes i know how to spell arguing.

Mercen4ry
07-01-2002, 08:57 PM
Correct Agen. There are just some people out there who don't understand the meaning of "calm down," "chill," or the occasional "shut up," and I think these are two of them.

At that, I think I will take my leave from this thread, just to set an example. I said what I have to say, and if snaK9, bus, horton, Pho, or Mouze don't like it, tough.

At the very least, I can say that these five are exactly the kind of folks that SHOULD be dealt with, though. If any mod sees this post, please, do us all a favor and ban their accounts, and even mine if it so pleases you. I think I'm the first person to actually have the balls to address flamers for who and what they are, especially five at once, and you know what? I enjoyed it the whole way through. :cool:

*And thus ends this exciting chapter of Flame Wars. Please turn the tape over to rewind*

Con. Snake
07-01-2002, 08:59 PM
Ah, it's so nice when the Lackeys, Lapdogs, and other social rejects come out of their **** hole looking for a fight.

bus
07-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Con. Snake
Ah, it's so nice when the Lackeys, Lapdogs, and other social rejects come out of their **** hole looking for a fight.
stop saying nasty things about yourself

bus
07-01-2002, 09:03 PM
User Information
Handle Munkaboo
Age Group 13-24
Best Time 0:53
Current Rank 38

Handle inolen
Age Group 13-24
Best Time 0:35
Current Rank First Place!

can you say ownT!

Con. Snake
07-01-2002, 09:05 PM
Oooh, how clever.

You see, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain, that he sent you kiddies to do his dirty work. Now this makes you one of two thing, either a Lackey, or a Lapdog. Now, if he has nothing to hide, then why must he send his little troopers in to fight his fight for him?

Those are the actions of a coward, or someone with something to hide. End of story.

bus
07-01-2002, 09:06 PM
im done :cool:
nite tards
ban away:D

bus
07-01-2002, 09:11 PM
Oooh, how clever.

You see, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain, that he sent you kiddies to do his dirty work. Now this makes you one of two thing, either a Lackey, or a Lapdog. Now, if he has nothing to hide, then why must he send his little troopers in to fight his fight for him?

Those are the actions of a coward, or someone with something to hide. End of story.

ffs let me get to bed,
1st.i originaly asked you tards to come and whine about him winning in his home forum, which i note none of you gutless wonders have done.
2nd. as far as i know, he knows nothing of whats gone on here.
3rd.im going to bed, carry on:D
4th.he ownz you all, and hes got the cheque to prove it!

Agen
07-01-2002, 09:18 PM
Correct Agen. There are just some people out there who don't understand the meaning of "calm down," "chill," or the occasional "shut up," and I think these are two of them.

At that, I think I will take my leave from this thread, just to set an example. I said what I have to say, and if snaK9, bus, horton, Pho, or Mouze don't like it, tough.

I get a feeling they will all be getting warnings off mods( perhaps worse), and maybe you too.
Most of the time it's best to try and keep the peace or just leave instead of replying, as it makes you look as bad as them. Believe me, I know it all too well.

H-52
07-01-2002, 09:43 PM
Oooh, how clever.

Jezus f*cking christ...just how retarded can you get?

Inolen aked us for nothing. We just happened to notice that a thread was up over at this forum accusing him of cheating. These accusations are, needless to say, based upon pure fantasy. You dont need to be a popular guy ( wich inolen isnt ) to get us to respond to that.

Please do yourself a favor, call your ISP and have them disconnect you. If they ask you for a reason then simply answer: "cause I'm too stupid to be on the internet!"

Con. Snake
07-01-2002, 10:47 PM
All I see is excuse after excuse after excuse from you. Don't bull**** me, its ****ing obvious he sent his lackeys. And everytime you wanna say why can't the accusers go there and accuse him, I'm gonna say why can't he come here and defend himself.

phunnner
07-01-2002, 10:58 PM

a forum for utter morons http://www.lucasforums.com/images/icons/icon2.gif

http://www.lucasforums.com/images/icons/icon2.gif quake3world.com

phunnner
07-01-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by horton

stupid wanker

OUCH!!! the Q3 inter-thugs are hittin this place hard!!!

phunnner
07-01-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by bus

wow 25k to you if you can manage to make a post without spelling mistakes

Q3W++

wOW! spelling flamage!!!

hardcore++

phunnner
07-01-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by bus

stop saying nasty things about yourself

wHOA MAN!!! another nasty burn!!

*awaiting the dreaded "i know you are but what am i" comeback*

Q3W represent !!!

inolen
07-01-2002, 11:36 PM
hies

inolen
07-01-2002, 11:44 PM

You know nothing, don't you? Yea your 15 posts makes you a big part of the community. I've NEVER heard of your name in anything. I have been playing FPS's for year (namely q3). I doubt you can even straffe ffs. Quit being a sore loser. And also, just for you.
http://www.cached.net/images/inolen.jpg

Munkaboo
07-02-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by inolen
[B]

You know nothing, don't you? Yea your 15 posts makes you a big part of the community. I've NEVER heard of your name in anything. I have been playing FPS's for year (namely q3). I doubt you can even straffe ffs. Quit being a sore loser. And also, just for you.

First, off, gratz for winning Inolen, you pwned us all.

Second, I reaaally don't want to continue this flame war so I'm not going to say anything to anyone for the sake of the thread, since I'm not a little flamer that has to resort to criticize spelling like the Trolls that just came here. And about that post count crap, who says I haven't been reading the forums? I would think that makes me pretty attuned to the community myself, but hey, whatever can be used in an arguement is fair bait.

And damn, my route was very similar except i went the rocket route and didn't bother with the other side =/

inolen
07-02-2002, 03:13 AM

First, off, gratz for winning Inolen, you pwned us all.

Second, I reaaally don't want to continue this flame war so I'm not going to say anything to anyone for the sake of the thread, since I'm not a little flamer that has to resort to criticize spelling like the Trolls that just came here. And about that post count crap, who says I haven't been reading the forums? I would think that makes me pretty attuned to the community myself, but hey, whatever can be used in an arguement is fair bait.

And damn, my route was very similar except i went the rocket route and didn't bother with the other side =/ Another route I ran:
http://www.inolen.com/images/misc/map2.jpg

inolen
07-02-2002, 03:15 AM
And for that 35 second route I just followed what my friend did for his 36 seconds (cant remember it).

AoD
07-02-2002, 03:21 AM
Face it Inolen beat you punks hands down, if you knew the way of the straffle and other uber l337 skills then perhaps you would've stood a chance, but the fact of the matter is Q3A tought him his skills and he showed you all up, get over it.

GG Inolen!!

Kirin
07-02-2002, 03:42 AM
I'll just sit here and watch in yet another Quake3World forum assault.

AoD
07-02-2002, 03:46 AM
BTW did you guys know that Inolen makes a ****in' awesome bot, oh and that reminds me good work on the latest update inolen.

blood_angel1977
07-02-2002, 04:01 AM
I know how inolen cheated!!!!!!!!

HE USED THE MOUSE!!!!!:mad:

DooMur
07-02-2002, 04:08 AM

Hardcore Quakers dominate in n00b FPS games.

blood_angel1977
07-02-2002, 04:10 AM
He also cheated by killing people quicker.

blood_angel1977
07-02-2002, 04:13 AM
And he also cheated by not spending hours and hours online talking about ewoks.:mad:

I DEMAND HE BE STRIPPED OF THE 25K AND GIVE IT TO ME!!!

blood_angel1977
07-02-2002, 04:18 AM
And its obvious he paid everyone who watched him cheat to say nothing. Even the contest organisers.

WORST.CONTEST.EVAR

ToKe
07-02-2002, 04:44 AM
i love it when someone pisses off the q3w peeps, they really look out for their own.

gj

oh and inolen, good goin man.

timothydog
07-02-2002, 04:45 AM
Congrats Inolen.
35 seconds is phenomenal. It put my 1:01 to shame.. But I am 26 and have to work all day. I don't have time to sit around and play games all day. ;)

I'm curious. Did you spawn from the Red room only? or did you join the game after it began to be spawned somewhere else?

inolen
07-02-2002, 07:32 AM
Red room. Thx ToKe and Tim.

KTHXBYE
07-02-2002, 07:37 AM
well GODAMN... 35 seconds... imean how obvious is it that this guy is cheating? NOT TO MENTION he is grand prize spot AND #1 SPOT, i will be OUTRAGED if this person wins ( inolen and MikeyDez) http://programs.gateway.com/challenge/?page=ranks

my ID is Munkaboo if u wanna check out my times

since im all done my strategy was basically get an E-11, a rocket launcher, and look for clumps, i managed to get :53... but :35?? WTf?!?!

Even his Mom (JediLynn) beat you! BWAHAHAHA!!

It's so funny to hear the glubglubglubbing of you losers drowning in the shallow end of the gene pool!

Horka Thane
07-02-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by bus

the answer is plain,inolen and the first place getter are friends,as for cheating,are you serious?they had ppl watching them when they played
he only entered because of the dick head Horka Thane who was shouting off his mouth in the GD forum about how he was going to win

Originally posted by bus

you want to talk to inolen?
the come to the General Discussion board at the below link
http://www.quake3world.com/forums/
maybe you can come there and tell him your theory that he cheated.

lmao@Munkaboo, total noob eh? bwahahaha joo foo, hes been playing Q3A for years,apart from the fact that JKII is a new game,lol you crack me up,speaking of which, you been smoking it?

If I hadn't begun a media propaganda storm across the internet on how I was going to Win this tourney...then maybe people would not have been so determined to prove me wrong as to cheat.

But when you are a Super GameLord Villianous Icon like myself...Gamers from all over tend to descend to meet my challenge. *sigh*

bus
07-02-2002, 09:07 AM
horka, man you are one f.ucked up dude,
cheating?
err do you remember your post where you said you had changed the mouse sens?and using your everglide mouse pad?
you belong in this forum with the rest of the tards.
meet your challenge?
bwahahahhahah
inolen has asked you TWICE to play him, but guess what?
no show from the game lord!
go back to playing pirate pete
loser!!!!!

bus
07-02-2002, 09:12 AM
All I see is excuse after excuse after excuse from you. Don't bull**** me, its ****ing obvious he sent his lackeys. And everytime you wanna say why can't the accusers go there and accuse him, I'm gonna say why can't he come here and defend himself.

well?
you going to take that foot out of your mouth before you eat some humble pie?
ownT!
"you were easy"

Tiskit
07-02-2002, 11:05 AM
inolen is a good guy with a strong knowledge of creating bots
http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/029696.html

the fact he and his best friend won at a game they are new at is insignificant

Pedantic
07-02-2002, 11:14 AM
Jeez, calm down, people. It's just a contest. :(

RGF_roguetwo
07-02-2002, 12:11 PM
I played quite a few times and the people at the store (Gateway employees) showed me to the computer then basically left! I suppose they coulda had cameras watching or something, but no-one was watching over my back like most of you have said happened in your games.

So *shrug* I suppose he coulda pulled off a cheat, but I'm not saying he did so don't jump on me =P.

Shadow Angel
07-02-2002, 03:20 PM
Holy cow, this thread has gotten into a huge flame war since I last saw it! That was, like, after my second post on page 1!

If I started this, I'm sorry. I didn't mean disrespect to inolen, I was just proposing a theory. When I said, I would like to talk to him, I didn't mean a challenge, I meant "Hey, you really owned. How'd you do it?" If you didn't cheat, congrats to you. BTW, if you're still going to hang around and read this, you should really get into JKII. It's a great game.

Finally, to all the Q3 hardcore gamers. When I said UT could beat the crap out of Q3, that was kind of random. True, I like UT better than Q3. But, I have the Ultimate Quake Collection, I've liked John Carmack's games ever since Doom, and I think Xaero (the final boss) is cool. I just never really got into it deeply.

Peace, guys.

Mouze
07-02-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by ToKe
i love it when someone pisses off the q3w peeps, they really look out for their own.

gj

oh and inolen, good goin man.

Our forum > *

It's like a family, we protect the hive :p

snaK9
07-02-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Horka Thane

If I hadn't begun a media propaganda storm across the internet on how I was going to Win this tourney...then maybe people would not have been so determined to prove me wrong as to cheat.

But when you are a Super GameLord Villianous Icon like myself...Gamers from all over tend to descend to meet my challenge. *sigh*

i have come to the conclusion that you are actually acutely schizophrenic.

massacre
07-02-2002, 06:19 PM
Wow umm... all I tried to do was talk about the challenge and didnt get anything but one reply untill the contest was over. Anyways I would like to add that people who were saying employees were watching over your shoulder are so full of ****. I went to two different stores as they were equally far away, and in both of them the employees said "hi hows it going" and turned their back on me to continue their discussion. I only had one of them walk up to me once because they were BORED. Anyways I don't know about cheating, and congrats to innolen. I do have to add that I don't buy that path though for being consistent as I had almost the exact same thing and only got under a minute twice at home, both at like 50 secs. Takes 35 secs just to run that. Hell with force speed 2 on, if I ran from the red spawn spot through the metal door to the repeater that took about 15 secs. Then another 20 secs across the map from there into the blue base. But your path is significantly longer. However, I'm sure if you spawned somewhere else it could be done, especially in that spawn spot next to the repeater.

WasteLock
07-02-2002, 07:16 PM
First of all, congrats to inolen, he has bested us all and was gratious enough to show us how he did it. When I was signing up for this contest I thought my average time of 1:30 was good, and actually managed to bring it down to 1:15. I was pleased that I improved my time, but in the end I was truly outmatched.

Secondly, why can't people calmly and rationally debate a point online without it degrading into a pissing contest?

Lastly, it's a FPS built on the Q3/SoF2 engine. Why are the people who bought the game because it says 'Star Wars' so suprised that a seasoned FPS vet can get such a better time than them? (Speaking as an FPS fan of many years and a recent Star Wars fanatic)

These are simply my opinions and the questions are rethorical.

timothydog
07-03-2002, 12:24 AM
In my opinion, Gatway REALLY screwed up this contest. What's the purpose of playing the game Jedi Outcast if you are just going to play it like Quake 3 and go all guns? Why not just make it another Quake 3 tourney? If you are going to go with Jedi Outcast you should actually utilize the things that make the game unique. Like the lightsaber and forcepowers. ( I know you could have both but they were useless except for force speed. )

Also, we were playing on argueably the fastest produced computers with the very top of the line performance 3d cards.. yet we were playing the game at the very lowest resolution. Does this make sense at all??? Even from a sales point of view this is bad because undoubtedly some people had never seen the game run before and I'm sure were not impressed with the graphics quality.

Just my .02$

btw.. I had 2 routes for the contest. my best time was 1:01.

1. From red room w/ speed. Hit metal doors. Get E-11 and head to the other side of the map. Get rocket L. I could usually get the e-11 at 10 seconds

2. From red room w/ speed. Turn left. Get Blaster. Get Rocket. Return to room and head straight across. Get E-11 and head to other side of map.

Aka
07-03-2002, 01:14 AM
Sigh, I only had 1:17, but I could only play one day, so I guess its not all bad.

Robbiesan
07-03-2002, 01:28 AM
Congrats Inolen.. that is a truly amazing time...

Agen
07-03-2002, 02:07 AM

You Q3 peps, you haven't realised you're agruing with people that have never been on the forums til you all joined. all psots counts of 15 and stuff (a lot anyway)

Anyway, guys cool down, no need to get all hyped up, just a contest. If he cheated he chetaed, if he didn't he didn't, nothing you can do about so everyone pipe down.

Horka Thane
07-03-2002, 03:59 AM
http://www.planetquake3.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Features&file=inolen2

Yep so you all don't think he cheated? Proof is right there. He is a cheater from way back. Once a cheater always a cheater. His mom is even a cheater and she got busted and kicked out the Tourney :p

It aint over yet folks, I still feel that since they haven't finalized the results yet that he will be found out and booted :P
:fett:

Mouze
07-03-2002, 04:08 AM
Even though you got **** rank in the tourney, maybe you should be kicked out, for openly posting at Q3W that you were cheating.

http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/053620.html#11

Edit: More proof http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/053559.html#2

Edit 2: More Proof http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/053559.html#10

His mom quit because she saw inolen was getting Grand prize and didn't want two people in the same family to win one tourney.

Maybe you should give up. You seem to own yourself every time you open your mouth.

RectalFury
07-03-2002, 04:45 AM
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, AND NO ONE ELSE CAN HELP, CALL THE A-TEAM!

snaK9
07-03-2002, 04:47 AM

Yep so you all don't think he cheated? Proof is right there. He is a cheater from way back. Once a cheater always a cheater. His mom is even a cheater and she got busted and kicked out the Tourney :p

It aint over yet folks, I still feel that since they haven't finalized the results yet that he will be found out and booted :P

omfg.

he has coded a bot for ra3. this bot he never released.

that fact has sweet fa to do with a) him winning a jk2 tournament b) his friends mother refusing the prize.

yes, that's right dip****, that's actually mikey's mother. she refused her prize because her son took second in 13-24 and didn't think it was fair on the other entrants for her to claim her prize as well.

i know that this is a waste of characters. you thrive off of the attention that your little online persona generates. you're a pathetic ****ing troll.

timothydog
07-03-2002, 05:04 AM
Very INTERESTING.
If you go to the Gateway Challenge page you will notice that the standings have been modified. The day after the contest I was 41'st place. Today I'm 36th with a 1:01 time...

VERY INTERESTING!!!

Crios
07-03-2002, 06:14 AM
Why are there people so willing to talk crap and trash? Why can't people just get over a fact of life that people win some and lose some? Why does there have to be some frickin prick that simply won't walk away and instead cause a whole bunch of BS? To all you lamers who 'feel the need' to screw someone else over for your problems, get a friggin life. You came, you saw, and you lost. End of story. There shouldn't be an 'And' or a 'But'.

Did I play in the tourney? Yeah. Did I spend a significant amount of time practicing at home just to figure out how to big Inolen? Yeah. Do I feel just downright stupid after spending all those hours telling myself I could really get the best time when in the very end I was no where close? Oh yeah, you bet. Am I going to spam and spend extra hours about how I wasn't so lucky? Crap no. I aint going to make the mistake of spending additional time even thinking about it.

So, Crios, what are you going to do? I'm going to say good job to Inolen. Why? Because that's the nice thing to do. After that, I'm going to move on and forget about this Inolen character. What his past or his reputation was is his business, and unless he is a famous VIP like the President, I really don't give a crap what he does from here on in. Good bye, good job, and good luck. And if you still feel bitterness, say good riddance. After that, leave this post and never approach it again. That's how you avoid being a sore loser.

- Crios

shay
07-03-2002, 06:30 AM
I really didn't want to make an account here and all, but you guys are really pissing me off. You are all so very ignorant. Grand prize and first prize both from the same city, AND with pretty much identical times. The accounts may have been for two different people, but it is so OBVIOUS that the same person played the times for both. How hard is it to realize this? Just because the second account is for his mother DOES NOT mean that she played it. The employees at Gateway DID NOT keep a close enough eye on the playing. And YES, there was actually a way to play more than 2 games per day, thanks to the horrible loading times that we had on the computer out here. So to summarize, YES cheating probably DID occur, as I know how it was possible. And I think that INOLEN played and won for both accounts.

bus
07-03-2002, 06:36 AM

-------------------------------------
horka you are one sad person,you came into the q3w forums weeks ago saying how you were going to win,how you were going to be a game lord and a pro gamer , and what happened?
we all told you to grow up and stop talking ****, we've heard it all before, remember a couple of years ago when you were going to go to quakcon and own Fatal1ty?bwahahahhah you idiot you didnt even show up.
so i caME AS NO SURPRISE WHEN YOU GOT YOUR ASS WOOPED, regardless if it was inolen or anyone else you were never going to win, even after your 12 hrs a day practice, face it dude as a gamer you sux~
so now inolen has won and you are trying to cheapen his victory if it had'nt been inolen you would still have called the winner a cheater, some thing you admitted on the q3w forums that you had done by changing the mouse sens when no one was looking.
get over it horka, you lost, in fact you were ownT, and what are you saying now?
that your going to win the next UT contest
ffs, i hope you keep up the **** at q3w, we need a laugh in there and you are seen as a loser in fact worse than that, a pathetic person who lives in a fantasy world.
put on your pirate constume and tell us how many chicks earning over 80k are after your body bwahahahhahahha
your a loser horka get use to the idea cause NO ONE takes you seriuosly.
in fact
die in a ghey!

snaK9
07-03-2002, 07:39 AM
http://www.inolen.com/images/misc/check.jpg

Originally posted by snaKe:

so ****ing owned

bus
07-03-2002, 08:47 AM
http://tnfalpha.freeservers.com/nothorka.jpg

bwahahahah horka ownT!
suck it down and die fool