PDA

View Full Version : Banned from a server!

peteyp
06-29-2002, 02:22 PM
I got banned from a server for chat killing ( I was already killing him before he opened the chat) Is there something I can do to get unbanned like changing ip or something?:fett: :jawa

mInk3nine
06-29-2002, 02:31 PM
heh, how you gonna change your IP?:p unless you switch ISP's then i'd say you're assed out. i wouldn't worry too much tho, if the admin happens to restart the server for any reason, then that'll clear the IPs...unless of course, he didn't paste your IP into the server cfg to ban you for life...

FalloutGod
06-29-2002, 02:47 PM
Learn how to hack and crash his server...

BlackDove
06-29-2002, 03:39 PM
You tell me what kind of a conn you have, and I'll tell you if you can change the IP or can't.....

Usually, you just gotta change your name....

(and I know how to do what Fallout said :D)

Tyrion
06-29-2002, 04:43 PM
I forgot I let Fallout God use my avatar, so I was freaked out when he said that....

oh,and Kal-El....I have a padawan and all you have is being known as Resident Jackass!!!!!!

:D :D :D

*Insert flame under post.*

BlackDove
06-29-2002, 05:13 PM
Is that supposed to make me jealous?

Tyrion
06-29-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by =SSC=Kal-El
Is that supposed to make me jealous?

It should,but if it doesnt then that means you arent human...

BlackDove
06-29-2002, 05:25 PM
It isn't...

But I know you are jealous of my status and my title :D

Tyrion
06-29-2002, 05:26 PM
It isn't...

But I know you are jealous of my status and my title :D

oh,sure throw that onto my face again...one of these days when you are a old man.....:evil5:

BlackDove
06-29-2002, 05:27 PM
Yes, I will ground you...

darth dragon
06-29-2002, 06:28 PM
Why don't you just get broad band

Tyrion
06-29-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by darth dragon
Why don't you just get broad band

Why are you bragging about that?Oh well,I have BB too.And,add me to your sig.

darth dragon
06-29-2002, 06:43 PM
u waht to be on my respect list well u have to earn it as all the rest i know well and i only met you. Which side are u light/dark.

Tyrion
06-29-2002, 07:22 PM
u waht to be on my respect list well u have to earn it as all the rest i know well and i only met you. Which side are u light/dark.

I'm dark,but how the hell did Kal-El get on your respect list?

QuietSith
06-29-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by peteyp
I got banned from a server for chat killing ( I was already killing him before he opened the chat) Is there something I can do to get unbanned like changing ip or something?:fett: :jawa

Uh, if you were banned the admin doesn't want you back on his server.

Keywords - his server, not yours.

Move on.

Ah Boon
06-29-2002, 07:45 PM
shut up darth. most of ur posts r spams anyway

BlackDove
06-29-2002, 07:48 PM
And you are just the sunshine of fruitfulness?

Tyrion
06-29-2002, 07:49 PM
CATFIGHT!!!!!!!!

BlackDove
06-29-2002, 07:51 PM
I'm not a girl...

Tyrion
06-29-2002, 07:52 PM
I'm not a girl...

You sure act like one...:D :D

BlackDove
06-29-2002, 08:03 PM
I understand how it is when you are 11....

Tyrion
06-29-2002, 08:05 PM
I understand how it is when you are 11....

Yep,you sure do.

BlackDove
06-29-2002, 08:27 PM
Of course I do

Ah Boon
06-29-2002, 08:30 PM
wow kal, ur still alive :D j/k

BlackDove
06-29-2002, 08:31 PM
Always.....

Tyrion
06-29-2002, 08:32 PM
Always.....

:eyeraise: :eyeraise: :eyeraise:

Ah Boon
06-29-2002, 08:47 PM
is tat how u get 1000+ post count with pure spammage? hmm... n00b... i am here earlier than u

darth dragon
06-29-2002, 09:43 PM
Ty kal el is ther because he is an alright guy and can take a joke unlike ah boon you has his head up his arse or needs glasses as he would notce that not any of my posts are spam. By the way ty u r on my sig as u r dark.

Demise_SOK
06-29-2002, 11:17 PM
There are plenty of servers out there. If someone bans you outright for a first time infraction without even giving you a second chance or the ability to explain yourself sounds like a pretty crappy admin. and you should just move on.

For example, I was on a FFA server the other night were the admin killed me twice by spamming kick to the face, I tried to return the favor by kicking him back and he warned me to 'stop spamming kick'. At that hipocracy (calling me a spammer), I told him to shove the server up his ass and left.

BlackDove
06-30-2002, 12:19 AM
Nice try to get back on topic

darth dragon
06-30-2002, 01:36 AM
what was the toplic any way.

icefox98
06-30-2002, 02:28 AM
*cues omnious music in the background*

"Darth Dragon, a huge moron who could not spell "your" out fully ever if his life depended on it.....Darth Dragon, a cute little troll who has nothing better to do than spam a JKII board.....FEAHR THE DAHTH!

*Music stops, The Oompah Loompah song then RAGES in the background.*

*Darth Vega*
06-30-2002, 03:12 AM
I guess nobody here has ever heard of IP Masking then?

I'll give you all a hint, go to google and do a search on proxy and subnet.

This would make you effectively unbannable since they could ban 99% of the ip's on the net and still wouldnt get you. Would also make you unbannable from forums like these too.

Usually these are best used on a power tripping admin :D

Tyrion
06-30-2002, 03:21 AM
Ty kal el is ther because he is an alright guy and can take a joke unlike ah boon you has his head up his arse or needs glasses as he would notce that not any of my posts are spam. By the way ty u r on my sig as u r dark.

Yes.....my plan is working perrrfectly......

*Darth Vega*
06-30-2002, 03:26 AM
Regarding his sig:

The dark side rules! Let your anger control you and no weakling jedi will ever touch you! Death to the jedi! Power to the sith!
Jedi are weak, sith are strong. Only the strong shall survive!
So says Darth Vega!

edit: and just cause you get here before somebody dont mean you make more posts than them. mebe you spend 5 mins here a day and they spend a hour here a day. multiply your post count by 12 and there you go. i've seen spam, dont believe me go to www.gamegossip.com into the newbies forum and look at stupid topic. that is spam. there is no spam here.

darth dragon
06-30-2002, 04:09 AM
prech it Darth Vega speak the truth and all shall be destroyed and the darkside will rule. Ice fox u r a twat and have a shi*t name, oh and you r a twat. Tyrion what plan plz let me o=in on it plzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QuietSith
06-30-2002, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Demise_SOK
There are plenty of servers out there. If someone bans you outright for a first time infraction without even giving you a second chance or the ability to explain yourself sounds like a pretty crappy admin. and you should just move on.

For example, I was on a FFA server the other night were the admin killed me twice by spamming kick to the face, I tried to return the favor by kicking him back and he warned me to 'stop spamming kick'. At that hipocracy (calling me a spammer), I told him to shove the server up his ass and left.

Well, not all bans are bad.

I had a guy who was constantly saber down killing people on my server.

I implemented the good JK 2 ++ slap command and kept telling him to stop but he just started swearing at me.

I finally kicked him.

He came back, and I kicked and banned him.

I felt perfectly justified in my action.

StormHammer
06-30-2002, 04:24 AM
icefox98 and Darth Dragon - stop the flames, please. They're not appreciated. :cool:

Everyone Else - Please try to gear your discussion toward the title of the topic. There's only a few posts in here relevant to the discussion...if you want to start posturing, please do it via PM or elsewhere, instead of hijacking someone else's thread. Thanks. :cool:

darth dragon
06-30-2002, 04:26 AM
Stormhammer and u r.

Kurgan
06-30-2002, 04:34 AM
Amen to that SH. ; p

Anyhow, the person who hosts the game has the right to kick anyone who joins at his or her SOLE DISCRETION. That's one of the privileges of being a server admin.

Now if he's being a jerk about it, you don't have to pay him the courtesy of playing on his server, and that's about all you can do. Anything else just makes you more of a jerk than he was (IMHO).

My advice? Change your name and reconnect to the 'net if you have a dynamic IP, but chances are he'll just ban you again if that's his attitude. You'd be better off finding another server...

QuietSith
06-30-2002, 05:16 AM
As you'll notice from this article, the Admin can also uses IP masks and basically ban an entire range:

"Notice the numbers in common, they are: 312.27.48.xxx and 312.27.32.xxx , all IP's have one of these pre-fixes. To ban a range of IP's to block BadGuy use this form of addIP:

addIP 312.27.48
addIP 312.27.32

This will filter ALL IP's in the range of 312.27.48.0 to 312.27.48.255 and 312.27.32.0 to 312.27.32.255. Please note that Quake3 or Elite Force will add them to your filter list as: 312.27.48.0 and 312.27.32.0 respectfully. The worse case scenario would be to do a addIP 312.27 , this would ban all players with an IP of 312.27.0.0 thru 312.217.255.255, we want to avoid this if possible however (because it bans over 65,000 player IP's [255 x 255]). "

And if worse comes to even worse:

"I would like to mention at this point that banning a player is not the only thing a server admin can do. For those truly deserving of further action a letter to their ISP can have the player's internet access suspended or terminated."

http://www.gameadmins.com/guides/q3/banningplayers.htm

I've only banned that one person from my server, and I even removed the ban - I just kept it there a couple of days.

You're better off joining another server, unless you can find a way to communicate with the server admin, and drop him a very 'civil' e-mail asking him what's up - if it's really important to you.

I know that if someone wrote me a nice e-mail explaining or apologizing I'd easily sucker into letting him or her back in.

*Darth Vega*
06-30-2002, 06:11 AM
You do realize it is possible to change your entire ip range don't you? Without changing isp. It's what I was talking about in my first post. :vadar:

QuietSith
06-30-2002, 06:12 AM
"I would like to mention at this point that banning a player is not the only thing a server admin can do. For those truly deserving of further action a letter to their ISP can have the player's internet access suspended or terminated."

http://www.gameadmins.com/guides/q3/banningplayers.htm

*Darth Vega*
06-30-2002, 06:26 AM
I understand it but I am starting to think you've never encountered a proxy before. A proxy can be any ip number, it can change it to anything. It cannot be stopped without banning all numbers possible from 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
That link has no mention of what I'm talking about.

QuietSith
06-30-2002, 06:29 AM
That's only for internal IP's.

There is always a way to find the external one - which is inevitably what you connect to when you join a server.

Use a proxy and go to:

www.whatismyipaddress.com

You can't just go making up IP addresses on the Internet, that's not how it works.

There is always one external IP that points to your location and ISP.

*Darth Vega*
06-30-2002, 06:35 AM
like I said you've never encountered what I'm talking about.

QuietSith
06-30-2002, 07:14 AM
I guess not, because in order to connect to a server through an ISP there will always be some external IP that you are using and can identify where you are from and what ISP you are using.

Proxies don't mask that - they are internal.

The only other method is to IP spoof, and you'd have to access another network through the ISP, and then connect.

Can you explain what you are talking about?

darth dragon
07-02-2002, 01:46 AM
how do you find ur ip addresse.

Emon
07-02-2002, 02:06 AM
Don't chat frag.

Agen
07-02-2002, 02:12 AM
how do you find ur ip addresse
I know he's just being an ass but for people who do want to find it it's put winipcfg in run on the start menu

The Truthful Liar
07-02-2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Emon
Don't chat frag.

Emon, You didn't need to spam yourself to respond to his query (no matter how innapropriate you thought it was), refrain from being rude to others just because they didn't know about something. It's behaviour like that which prevents people from asking small questions and finding out information, please be conscious of your responses - it may put people off if you don't.

Cheers ;)

P.S. This isn't a personal attack or anything, I'm just thinking about the well being of the forums. Ah yes and Agen is right, just type in "winipcfg" (without quotations) in your run command.

Emon
07-02-2002, 02:53 AM
Legion, what the hell? How is saying, "Don't chat frag." Spam? If I spammed, I would be forcing the same message over and over and over.

The reason I posted that was to let him know that if he doesn't chat frag he won't get banned. My god, you just post a message and nodays people are like, "OMG WTF YOU STUPID MOTHER ****ING ASS HOLE GO TO HELL DONT INSULT PEOPLE YOU STUPID MOTHER ****ING LITTLE BITCH!!!!11" That's all the crap I seem to be getting lately.

The Truthful Liar
07-02-2002, 02:57 AM
He was still just asking a question, you could have PM'ed him a message rather point it out on the boards. Answer a question and if you see reason to - then PM afterwards.

Cheers ;)

Agen
07-02-2002, 02:57 AM
In a way it is looked at as spam because you used 3 words in it, but his main point was to have some tact in your post.

Chastan
07-02-2002, 11:42 AM
A proxy would do nothing for a JK2 server....