PDA

View Full Version : textures appearing ridiculously small

la$her
06-30-2002, 09:01 PM
I've been using JK2radiant, and after finally managing to get the editor to let me use the game's textures, now it has another problem. When I compile a map , I get messages like 'WARNING: couldn't find image for shaders textures\yavin\something or other.' Then when I run the map, all the texture images are about as big as, say, kyle's head. Imagine having a sky which was lots of tiny sky images repeated over and over again and you'll see my problem. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please?

volrathxp
06-30-2002, 11:24 PM
that's because you just slapped the sky texture on and went.

in order for it to look like a real sky you need to use the yavin shader. look for a texture in your texture browser that looks like a small red and black checkerbox called "yavin" (w/o quotes). Apply this texture to all your parts of your skybox. Then compile and check it out.

Btw: that effect you mentioned is known as tiling. It's where the engine literally tiles a texture over a brush.

Happy mapping!

la$her
07-01-2002, 03:13 AM
Thanks for that, I haven't tried it yet but I will very soon. However, I should also mention that this has happened not only to the sky but also to every texture in the level.... or will this work for that as well?

volrathxp
07-01-2002, 03:17 AM
no skies are different.

for other textures if you do want them to stretch and not be tiled then you would select the surface of the brush (i.e. do a ctrl-left click) on the surface and then hit the "S" key to bring up the Surface Inspector. Then you can stretch it, fit it, move it, etc.

happy mapping!

la$her
07-01-2002, 03:23 AM
Ah, drat... already tried that. Might try reinstalling radiant, maybe it got messed up somewhere... for example, I was under the impression that it could read textures from the pk3 files, whereas I had to extract the textures directory.... crazy stuff. Maybe.

volrathxp
07-01-2002, 07:07 AM
which radiant are you using? JK2R?

Go out and pull down GTKRadiant. http://www.qeradiant.com