View Full Version : Skins in Single Player
07-01-2002, 09:25 AM
Hi I'm new here but I love Jedi Outcast. I have 3 questions.
1. Lately when I tried to install (extract) skins and use them in single player they don't work. Is this because skins don't work in single player and only in multiplayer? Or can I use them in single player?
2. Did anyone make a Vader skin?
3. Is there a way to get the double edged lightsaber in singleplayer?
07-01-2002, 09:27 AM
please respond to my questions thanx peace.
07-01-2002, 09:37 AM
1. you need a mod to change the single player skins, that or you have to do some renaming or something
2. there is a vader skin
3. probably but i dunno
07-01-2002, 09:47 AM
Thanks, but can you be a little more specific. What file do I rename? What mod do I download?
07-01-2002, 10:06 AM
07-01-2002, 12:11 PM
1) you need a mod to change ur skin (sp_luke or sp_dessan mods)
2) yes there a vader skin. go get it here www.jk2files.com
3) it only works in mp (multiplayer) go to ur console and type devmap (map that u want) after that cheats will be enabled. then go to ur console and type /thedestroyer
07-01-2002, 12:19 PM
go to the skinning forum or modding one, ican't remmebr which, though? and there will be a whole guide to converting mp skins to sp. Good luck, (you'll need it).:cool:
07-02-2002, 12:36 AM
MP to SP skins is a complicated process - not *to* complicated - But a lot more work to explain here than in one or two sentances.
I would recommend - as other have said - Going to the Editing or Skinning forums as there are tons of threads on doing just that and learning how to do it yourself instead of relying on Mods because that way you have the freedom of changing any aspect of the game you like from saber hilts to skins to sounds.
At this point, having had the game for sometime, I've customized SP and MP to be what I want in terms of characters (skins), sounds, music, forcepowers (via autoexec.cfg) and everything else.
07-02-2002, 02:29 AM
Thanx but one more thing, can I change the normal kyle skin with any other mods?
07-02-2002, 03:11 AM
i dunno, why don't you go browse the files @ jediknightii.net?
07-02-2002, 03:44 AM
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.