PDA

View Full Version : hypothetical question..

Tyrion
07-01-2002, 05:38 PM
You and your loved one are stuck in 2 cages with a button in each one.A man comes out and says that if you push the button,you die,but your loved one is free.If your loved one pushes the button,they die,but you live.if none or both of you push the button,you both die.your loved one's button is within reach of you,and if you press it they die.

What will you do?

Zindell
07-01-2002, 05:42 PM
If I was actually in love with the person, but I don'T believe in love (let the flaming begin). I would push my button and Die, because I would want my loved one to live, Plus living without my loved one would suck anyways so I'd spare myself from that.

MasterD-LeyAmas
07-01-2002, 05:44 PM
If it's someone that you truly love, you'd hit your button, and you wouldn't think twice.

Of course, if it's just someone you're fooling around with, then you hit their button before they can reach yours. :D

Tyrion
07-01-2002, 05:44 PM
When I meant loved one,I mean Wives and girlfriends.

Zindell
07-01-2002, 05:47 PM
who says everyone truly loves their girlfriend. and if you've been married for over 3 months... you'd hit their button for sure.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ok i really gotta go to bed...

MasterD-LeyAmas
07-01-2002, 05:48 PM
Yeah, but girlfriends, about 90% of the time, don't count as ones that you're actually in love with.

Depending on who you are, a wife may not be either... that just means you went too far without admitting something to yourself. :)

Tyrion
07-01-2002, 05:54 PM
New one.You are stuck on a island for 5 years.You have no way of getting out.A nice old lady with a boat comes along and lands on the island.You find her.She says the boat only has enough room and supplies for 1 person to get back home.She says that when she get there,she'll call the Navy and they will come for you in 12 months(long I know).

You could either live on the island for 12 more months,or let her stay on the island for 12 more months.

What would you do?

Shadow Angel
07-01-2002, 05:56 PM
I dunno. That would be a pathetic way to end your life, in a cage. I would like to die in battle, or fall into a bottomless pit or in an explosion where no one can really confirm if you're dead or not, so you can be like Elvis and people think you're still alive. I wouldn't sweat it too much about killing the person in the other cage because I'd meet them in heaven/afterlife/whatever (I believe in the existence of life after death.) If it were my wife, I'd be kinda worried if I pressed her switch because then she'd probably "divorce" me in afterlife. If it were, say, my dad, he's kinda old and he holds practically no value for life, you know, like sacrifing his life for other people, not meaning suicidal-type (he's 64, and healthier than most 30-yr. olds, though.) Ah, hell, I don't want to think about those kinds of things.

Zindell
07-01-2002, 05:59 PM
i'd tell her to go home and find a bigger boat, if she says no then I'd wait the 12 months.

MasterD-LeyAmas
07-01-2002, 06:04 PM
I'd hit her over the head with a coconut and steal her boat, to heck with the old lady. Old people like warm climates anyway. :D

MasterD-LeyAmas
07-01-2002, 06:11 PM
Hey, I got one... not a morality issue, rather a "think about it" question:

The police discover a man dead in his car at 5:00 in the morning, parked at the local park. Upon further inspection, they find that he has been shot twice in the back of the head.
However, the doors were locked, the windows were rolled up, the keys were in the ignition, and there were no other fingerprints (or any other evidence) of anyone else entering/leaving the car. It was also ruled out as being a suicide. And no, the bullets hadn't been shot through any part of the car.

So, how could he have been shot?

Any detectives here? :)

Jubatus
07-01-2002, 06:45 PM
The killer was and is still in the car.

MasterD-LeyAmas
07-01-2002, 07:03 PM
nope. They would have found him when they opened the car.

Keep trying...

defalc
07-01-2002, 07:14 PM
Ack dude, that's a toughie. How did he die darnit, tell meee! :D

MasterD-LeyAmas
07-01-2002, 07:22 PM
Well, since I don't think there's too many other people on the board tonight.........

nah. I'll wait to tomarrow to answer it. oooh, that's gotta suck.

Seriously though, I'll answer it tomarrow, after more people have had a crack at it. Someone's gotta know this one...

Redwing
07-01-2002, 07:23 PM
The murderer wore gloves. It's not that hard to not leave evidence of entering a car if it was unlocked.

Wacky_Baccy
07-01-2002, 07:29 PM
Posted by Redwing
The murderer wore gloves. It's not that hard to not leave evidence of entering a car if it was unlocked.
Uhmm...
However, the doors were locked, the windows were rolled up
:D

And no, I don't have the answer... yet...

Ben_Walker
07-01-2002, 07:38 PM
For the cage, I'd press my button, sacrifice myself for her. I would rather die in a sword fight but I would like to be able to play Jedi Knight 2 but that's not gonna happen. As for the island, think 'it couldn't have been an attractive 25 year old who wanted to have some fun' and tell the old lady to go and call the navy for me and I'd live on there for another year and grow a beard that rival's Qui-Gon Jinn's.

Redwing
07-01-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

Uhmm...

And no, I don't have the answer... yet...

The murderer closed and locked the doors after him, of course. ;)

BCanr2d2
07-01-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
You and your loved one are stuck in 2 cages with a button in each one.A man comes out and says that if you push the button,you die,but your loved one is free.If your loved one pushes the button,they die,but you live.if none or both of you push the button,you both die.your loved one's button is within reach of you,and if you press it they die.

What will you do?

I wouldn't put my loved one through the pain of losing me, so I would press no button and cherish the final moments together. Why subject your loved one to years of pain?

For the murder - it could be that the man was shot outside of the car and made his way in to try and find help.
Pistol fell off and accidentally fired.
Was shot whilst the doors were open, and then closed the doors after the killers left, may not have killed him straight away...

Wacky_Baccy
07-01-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Redwing

The murderer closed and locked the doors after him, of course. ;)
the keys were in the ignition,

:p :p :D ;) :D

Redwing
07-01-2002, 08:12 PM
Who says the guy locked the doors after putting his keys in the ignition? :D

Wacky_Baccy
07-01-2002, 08:23 PM
I do! :p :D

shidobu
07-02-2002, 07:50 AM
on the car thing, many cars have power locks, i.e. tehy can lock the dor by pushing a button. The dor was unlocked befor eth murder took place, the killer got in the back, shot the man without leaving evidence, and locked the doors while one [the one he left through] was still open. he then exits the car and closes the door.

Dath Maximus
07-02-2002, 07:55 AM
now lets see here.

hmmmm im gonna use my powers to call my monkey minions to break us free.

Hey its a hypethetical question and thats my hypethetical answer

Darth Talliusc
07-02-2002, 07:57 AM
if it was true love i wouldnt want my loved one to live on under the care of some crazy maniac who put us in this situation in the first place, therefore i would hit both of our buttons at the same time, live together die together

Zindell
07-02-2002, 08:19 AM
Aha I seem to have come to my conclusion rather easily meaning i am most likely wrong.

The man was in a parking garage and some tried to rob him, he ran and was shot in the back of the head twice. Somehow he managed to get into his car, locked the doors for his safekeeping and put the keys in the ignition and started to drive for help, but he only made it to the park.

Otherwise he was shot in the park and he hadn't even started the car yet.

MasterD-LeyAmas
07-03-2002, 08:44 PM
Well, you're all at least using your brains; but perhaps too much. No one entered or exited the vehicle, it's been proven that the doors weren't opened; it's an older car without power locks; and no, the guy was dead immediately upon being shot in the back of the head.

Think simpler...

Nobobdy knows this one, huh?

JrKASperov
07-03-2002, 10:58 PM
I'd not push anything and let my loved one decide, I would prefer if we both died though, seeing that none of us would be able to live peacefully without the other...

Pedantic
07-03-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by MasterD-LeyAmas
Well, you're all at least using your brains; but perhaps too much. No one entered or exited the vehicle, it's been proven that the doors weren't opened; it's an older car without power locks; and no, the guy was dead immediately upon being shot in the back of the head.

Think simpler...

Nobobdy knows this one, huh?

Oh, just tell us the answer already. ;) :D

wily888
07-04-2002, 01:17 AM
How about this. MasterD said that suicide was ruled out, but what if he was cleaning his gun behind his head while sitting in the car and just as he put it back together, it shot off by accident.

obi
07-04-2002, 01:29 AM
Here's one.

There is a cat in the middle of the road, and a semi is coming. You could push the cat outta it's way, and the cat lives, but you get hit, or, you can watch it get smacked.

Me, I would say bye bye kitty. If you where in the road, the cat wouldn't do anything to save you. :p

WolfmanNCSU
07-04-2002, 01:31 AM
One less cat in the world, but loads of entertainment. :D

wily888
07-04-2002, 01:33 AM
Death to the cat. Cats have to be the most worthless animals around. All they do is look at you and wear this look on your face like they know something you don't. When you try to pet them, they get all pissy and run away. I mean come on! I men there was this one cat that I knew and he decided that he would lick my feet cuz I was lying down on the rug barefoot watching TPM at a friend's house. I told the cat to go the **** away but it came back so I hit the cat and it got all pissy and so did my friend.

s0ulblihtr
07-04-2002, 01:36 AM
I've got a riddle for you... see if anyone can figure it out.

Theres a guy who commited suicide. When he was found he was hanging above the ground 5 ft. There was no chair or anything else in the room. ONLY HIM AND THE ROPE HE HUNG FROM. The door was locked and he no one but he could have entered or left the room. There are no outside locks or windows. So no one could have entered. The only thing is that the floor was soaking wet when they found him. How did he commit suicide? There was nothing in the room but he and the rope.

Figure it out...

A prize to the one who can figure it out.

wily888
07-04-2002, 01:40 AM
He tied the noose around his neck while standing on a block of ice. The ice melted leaving a pool of water on the floor.

obi
He couldn't be found if he was the only one who could enter or exit.

SPY_jmr1
well... I dont think I could sit there and watch a cat get hit, I would not handle it very well...

you missed a option though, run grab the cat, and KEEP GOING!:rolleyes:

who gonna say "gee good thing that cat is outa the way, I think ill just stand here and wait for the end."

I can think of another way, after moving the cat, DROP... semis are rather tall...

humans are funny like that, we see many ways out of a problem...

obi
07-04-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by SPY_jmr1
well... I dont think I could sit there and watch a cat get hit, I would not handle it very well...

you missed a option though, run grab the cat, and KEEP GOING!:rolleyes:

who gonna say "gee good thing that cat is outa the way, I think ill just stand here and wait for the end."

I can think of another way, after moving the cat, DROP... semis are rather tall...

humans are funny like that, we see many ways out of a problem...

kiss my arse, SPY! :p

I didn't think of those options. Even with them availible, I would still watch it get hit. Loads of fun. :D :D :D

WolfmanNCSU
07-04-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by wily888
He tied the noose around his neck while standing on a block of ice. The ice melted leaving a pool of water on the floor.

Yep, Yep

I was going to answer that, but you beat me to it.

wily888
07-04-2002, 01:50 AM
I'm still wating for my prize.

obi
07-04-2002, 01:51 AM
Has anyone read my answer? I think mine is the correct one. So, Soulblihter, what is the correct answer?

s0ulblihtr
07-04-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by wily888

he got it right...

Your prize is... a round trip to planet Jasodor. Where you will be treated your hearts desire. Women of all different Species tending to your every desire, Entertainment all night long, And all the beer and liquor you could ever want. Anything else I forgot to mention?

obi
07-04-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by s0ulblihtr

he got it right...

Your prize is... a round trip to planet Jasodor. Where you will be treated your hearts desire. Women of all different Species tending to your every desire, Entertainment all night long, And all the beer and liquor you could ever want. Anything else I forgot to mention?

well then, how was he found if there where no windows, and he was the only one who could go in or out?

s0ulblihtr
07-04-2002, 02:17 AM
His family got worried and busted in on him.

weenus
07-04-2002, 02:50 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the cop who found him, shot him.

I'm also curious if there was a time of Death, like by the autopsy. But 5 on the dot is a solid time for a cop to just up and find a guy dead in his car.

-----

or, its one of those cars with the back seats that fold down, and the killer got out through the trunk.

eben15
07-04-2002, 02:56 AM
If I was actually in love with the person, but I don'T believe in love (let the flaming begin)-Zindell.

Actually, Zindell, Love is pretty much a western concept. During my travels I was shocked to discover that much of the world does not believe in love. In most of Africa and in many parts of the middle east, love is considered a weakness. The same goes for large parts of the far-east and India. The concept of romantic love is now only spreading as a result of the pervasiveness of our western culture.

Kyth'emos
07-04-2002, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by eben15
If I was actually in love with the person, but I don'T believe in love (let the flaming begin)-Zindell.

Actually, Zindell, Love is pretty much a western concept. During my travels I was shocked to discover that much of the world does not believe in love. In most of Africa and in many parts of the middle east, love is considered a weakness. The same goes for large parts of the far-east and India. The concept of romantic love is now only spreading as a result of the pervasiveness of our western culture.

Wow, I am really glad I am not from the eastern part of the world that would really really suck.

Darth Knight
07-04-2002, 05:43 AM
you got that from bauldars gate

Old_Ben
07-04-2002, 06:05 AM
Well, since I don't think there's too many other people on the board tonight.........

nah. I'll wait to tomarrow to answer it. oooh, that's gotta suck.

Seriously though, I'll answer it tomarrow, after more people have had a crack at it. Someone's gotta know this one...

It's been two days and he still hasn't answered.

Tyrion
07-04-2002, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Darth Knight
you got that from bauldars gate

From the second one,tho I modified it because I already predicted what they were say if I put your twin.

shidobu
07-04-2002, 06:19 AM
I'm still waiting for the right answer to the car problem.

Exterminator234
07-04-2002, 07:20 AM
the car was convertable with the top down?

Zindell
07-04-2002, 11:44 AM
Maybe he doesn't know the answer yet and is trying to figure it out himslef... TELL US!!!

I'm such an ******* when I want to be.

MasterD-LeyAmas
07-04-2002, 02:49 PM
Well, since you all seem to have given it your best shot, I'll now reveal the answer behind the dead man in his car...

The top was down. (it was a convertable)

:rofl:

Elijah
07-04-2002, 02:51 PM
Forget the loved one, Push the button!!!! :p

*note: this was a joke... no flames please*

Tyrion
07-04-2002, 02:52 PM
Well, since you all seem to have given it your best shot, I'll now reveal the answer behind the dead man in his car...

The top was down. (it was a convertable)

:rofl:

Exterminator is right I guess.He's good for an eleven year old....wait,did I say that outloud?:D

MasterD-LeyAmas
07-04-2002, 03:31 PM
Oh yeah, I didn't see that exterminator replied with the right answer... here you go, you get a prize!

:gift:

:thumbsup:

:cheers:

obi
07-04-2002, 03:36 PM
I have one for you, Tyrion(and Tyrion only please).

You are a Taxi Driver. The Taxi Driver has been working at a Taxi Company for 6 years. The taxi driver just bought a 20 year old taxi with 2 tires flat, 3 windows busted, and it needs a good oil changing. The Taxi driver makes $39.00 a day with tips. THe taxi driver works 6 days a week, 10 hours a day. How old is the Taxi driver?

Tyrion only, please.

(I just want to see if you can get this one :p)

Pedantic
07-04-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Tyrion only, please.

Can you reiterate on that part please? I don't think you stated that clearly enough. ;) :D

Tyrion
07-04-2002, 03:42 PM
it's a trick question,it doesnt say what age he is,only that he's worked as a Taxi Driver for 6 years,he bought a 20 year old car,and he get paid $39.00 a day and he works 6 days a week and 10 hours a day.

Do I get a beer?:D

obi
07-04-2002, 03:43 PM
Gimme a break, it's 2:45 in the mornin, and I didn't realize I typed it twice. I'm lucky I can still spell halfway decent.

:p

obi
07-04-2002, 03:44 PM
it's a trick question,it doesnt say what age he is,only that he's worked as a Taxi Driver for 6 years,he bought a 20 year old car,and he get paid $39.00 a day and he works 6 days a week and 10 hours a day.

Do I get a beer?:D

nope. Wrong answer.

Lime-Light
07-04-2002, 03:45 PM
ARGH! it does say how old the taxi driver is damnit! And in Tyrions case, the driver's not old enough to drive the Taxi...

EDIT: Lemme answer Lemme Answer!!

Tyrion
07-04-2002, 03:45 PM
If the Taxi Driver is me,the the answer is either 11 or 17.

Edit-and I was gonna say that in my first guess,but I decided not to.

Lime-Light
07-04-2002, 03:46 PM
how can you be 2 ages at once?

obi
07-04-2002, 03:47 PM
DING DING DING!!! Lime-light had to tell you! for shame, Tyrion! For Shame!

but, why not.

Waiter, another round, please!

Tyrion
07-04-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Lime-Light
how can you be 2 ages at once?

It's either that I was working as a Taxi driver since I have 5,or that I worked as a Taxi driver from now to 17 years old.

Lime-Light
07-04-2002, 03:49 PM
Ah, well anyway...mystery solved. And no beers for the minor!

Tyrion
07-04-2002, 03:50 PM
DING DING DING!!! Lime-light had to tell you! for shame, Tyrion! For Shame!

but, why not.

Waiter, another round, please!

No,I had the answer before Lime-Light,except I didnt decide to post it in my first post.

Nuther round,on me.:cheers:

obi
07-04-2002, 03:51 PM
I'm gonna emphisize on the first sentence.

"YOU ARE A TAXI DRIVER."

Therefore, it would be Tyrion's age, 11.

Don't you just hate those questions?

Tyrion
07-04-2002, 03:52 PM

"YOU ARE A TAXI DRIVER."

You know,I had that answer.But no,I had to go and post that it was a trick question.Dont you hate it when you have the right answer,but you decided to post the wrong one?

Lime-Light
07-04-2002, 03:53 PM

"YOU ARE A TAXI DRIVER."

Someone is a little behind....

Tyrion
07-04-2002, 03:54 PM

Explain

obi
07-04-2002, 03:56 PM

as I said earlier....woa..........wait.......it's now 3 am here!!

Must.......stay........awake..................

I think I am havin a bad case of insomnia. gimme a break.

Lime-Light
07-04-2002, 03:57 PM
2 here. I have to work tommorow....er today. Crap.

Tyrion
07-04-2002, 03:59 PM
I get WCIII tomorrow.And it's for free becuz I'm not paying for it.So

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obi
07-04-2002, 04:01 PM
I get WCIII tomorrow.And it's for free becuz I'm not paying for it.So

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shut up, console whore!

(see console gaming poll)

Hey Tyrion, who is givin you that game?

Lime-Light
07-04-2002, 04:03 PM
Him mom. Any bets? Ah the joys of parental slav-...support.

Zindell
07-04-2002, 04:03 PM
It's free because you don'T have to pay for it???

that doesn't make sense I reckon.

Tyrion
07-04-2002, 04:05 PM

shut up, console whore!

(see console gaming poll)

Hey Tyrion, who is givin you that game?

My dad,tho my mom made my dad because I had to get 2 teeth pulled out of my mouth.My mom is really defensive and thinks I'm fragile,so that has it's perks.:cool:

obi
07-04-2002, 04:08 PM
hmmmmmmm

I wonder what you would get if I broke one of your legs........wanna see? :D

Lime-Light
07-04-2002, 04:10 PM
A new BIKE! Man, would that be dissapointing...