PDA

View Full Version : trigger_multiple

Catscratch
07-01-2002, 09:04 PM
Somebody tell me how this works. Does it fire its target when i go into it ? or step on it ? Or do i have to set a count like target_counter ?

When i use target multiple, the targets are only fired when i enter(or step on) in and go out (step out) of that trigger brush.

In other words, the targets arent fired while im in or on the trigger brush.

Xcom
07-02-2002, 06:22 AM
It triggers when you touch (entity's bounding box intersects with trigger brush) it but technically, you can't be on a trigger brush because trigger brush is non solid.

Catscratch
07-02-2002, 06:29 AM
But it doesnt work for me the way you said.

I touch and i have to stop touching that to fire its targets. Not like trigger_once.

I was trying to activate a door and it wasnt opening after using target_activate. You told me to use trigger_multiple but its not working. I touch that trigger door doesnt open. I touch that trigger and quickly get away then the door opens. Moreover when i re-touch the trigger before the door completes its action, it gets all stupid. Door goes up again and down, stucks until i stop touching trigger.

RichDiesal
07-02-2002, 06:42 AM
That's because the door is working - it's just turning on and off psychotically fast because the trigger by default fires every millisecond that you stand in it.

Add the key "wait" and a value of "2" and it should work.

Catscratch
07-02-2002, 06:47 AM
One more thing about func_timer.

It doesnt start active if you dont click its start_on option. When it is checked the targets of the timer is fired immidiately when you start the level. That sux you know :D,

Catscratch
07-02-2002, 07:12 AM
Ehehe i ask too much.

Ravensclaw model doesnt show up correctly in the game but its cool in jk2radient.