PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Gangsta' Rap

Shadow Angel
07-02-2002, 02:13 PM
You might have heard of the SW Gangsta' Rap at the SW Fan Film Awards. It's sort of a Flash animation video recreating scenes from ANH and ESB, except with the characters rapping. Pretty funny, but I'll understand if you think it's dumb/gay.

I can't understand what Han is saying in the end. It sounds like, "Knock him out the box, Luke. Kock him out." I can't make out much of Yoda's mini-solo either.

What do you think? Get it here.

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_1403

Pedantic
07-02-2002, 02:14 PM
It it quite funny. Although it has made the "Click here" rounds, thanks for sharing anyway.

Tyrion
07-02-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Angel
You might have heard of the SW Gangsta' Rap at the SW Fan Film Awards. It's sort of a Flash animation video recreating scenes from ANH and ESB, except with the characters rapping. Pretty funny, but I'll understand if you think it's dumb/gay.

I can't understand what Han is saying in the end. It sounds like, "Knock him out the box, Luke. Kock him out." I can't make out much of Yoda's mini-solo either.

What do you think? Get it here.

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_1403

Yeah,it does sound like"Knock him out the box,luke"Yoda,I could only hear"you wont believe when the X-wing rises"

Pedantic
07-02-2002, 02:20 PM
I understood everything Yoda said, but I don't remember any of it and I'm too lazy to watch it again. ;) I guess I listen to too much rap. ;)

MotionMan
07-02-2002, 02:21 PM
LOL thats GREAT!
:)

Old_Ben
07-02-2002, 02:56 PM
I saw that a few months ago I was laughing really hard when I first saw it. Now I even catch myself singing the words I could make out.

Shadow Angel
07-02-2002, 02:58 PM
This is my best attempt at getting the lyrics. Kind of a waste of time, but who cares? Some of this might be wrong, so correct me if I am. I'm terrible at listening and translating songs.

Palpatine: It's not the east or the west side.
Vader: No it's not.

Palpatine: It's not the north or the south side.
Vader: No it's not.

Palpatine: It's the Dark Side.
Vader: You are correct.

Palpatine: A message to all you Vader-haters out there, in front of the Empire. We'll blow yo' planet up! (I think this is wrong.)

Vader: What is thy bidding, my Master?
Palpatine: It's a disaster. Skywalker, we're after.
Vader: If only he could be turned to the Dark Side....
Palpatine: Yes, he'd be a powerful ally. Another Dark Jedi.
Vader: He will join us or die.

Vader: We got Death Star!
Palpatine: Death Star!
Vader: We got Death Star!
Palpatine: Death Star!
(repeat that for a while)
Vader: And we know that we got it. (repeat some more)

Uncle Owen: Luke, get your ass over here. Get outta that dead landspeeder. (some other stuff I forgot)

Luke: Uncle Owen, I know I'm on probation. I cleaned the droids, can I go to Tosche Station? I gotta lay away another power converter, (some stuff I didn't get)

Obi-Wan: Luke, use the Force and run. Run to Dagobah, run to Dagobah. (repeat)

Yoda: (didn't get at all)

Luke: Yoda, why you bein' a player-hater? You know I'm close to confrontin' Lord Vader.
Yoda: But Luke, not ready are you.
Luke: But there's a city in the clouds where they're keepin' my crew. A Jedi's gotta do what a Jedi's gotta do, so now Vader: I'm coming for you.

Luke: That's right, R2. I've just set a new course. We're goin' to Cloud City. Mmm... some mighty good Jedi tonic. Should mix me up another.

(duel)

Vader: Impressive. Now release your anger. (other things I didn't get)

Luke: Oww! Why'd you slice off my hand?
Vader: It is imperative that you understand. Obi-Wan would never bother. Tell me what you know about your father.

Luke: He told me enough. He told me you killed him.
Vader: There is something I must reveal, then.
I'm yo' fatha'. I'm yo' fatha. (repeat a lot)

Han: (I dunno. I'm guessing "Knock him out the box, Luke. Knock him out.")

Old_Ben
07-02-2002, 03:20 PM
at the end of luke talking to owen he says now your treatin me like a scruffy nerf herder. And Vader say to luke impressive now release your anger. You must have senced that your friends are in danger.
I think for the most part that was right though.

Darth Groovy
07-02-2002, 03:56 PM
personally I liked "Troops" and "Sparring Program" The gangster rap started out ok, but it was too long, and lost it's charm about half way through. I have an Idea for a fan film. It starts out just like "A New Hope" but I rotoscope out Tantive IV and replace it with the Enterprise NC-701. Once the stormtroopers blast the wall in, all of the rebel soldiers are replaced with Starfleet Red shirts.

Shadow Angel
07-02-2002, 04:00 PM
Was that an anti-Star Trek post? MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Yes, Troops was awesome. Haven't seen "Sparring Program" yet. What's it about? Is it a spoof of the sparring program in The Matrix?