PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek or Star Wars?

Phillio
07-03-2002, 05:42 AM
Which do you like better? I posted this same thread at a star trek forum, and in 5 days, i will average up all the votes together to see which one ppl like better.........

Yoda_623
07-03-2002, 05:45 AM
SW is way better. But, why are these threads being submitted again its just gonna start another Trekkie vs. SW war.

Phillio
07-03-2002, 05:50 AM
I will not let a war start here. This is which you TRULY like better, not a warzone. I posted this same thread here>>> http://216.203.248.212/ubb/Forum15/HTML/001364.html .

Robbiesan
07-03-2002, 05:57 AM
both

Vestril
07-03-2002, 06:09 AM
I like TNG almost enough that it is in the same league as Star Wars. Almost.

obi
07-03-2002, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Yoda_623
SW is way better. But, why are these threads being submitted again its just gonna start another Trekkie vs. SW war.

yea, there has only been about....hmmmm......*counts fingers*...............more polls/debates on this then you can count on your hands and toes.

Don't make another thread like this, to all. PLEASE, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted both by the way.

Dath Maximus
07-03-2002, 06:44 AM
I refuse to fight another star trek star wars war.

I suffered to many loses

*remebers scotty*

DARN YOU Ummm who made that virus again.

Phillio
07-03-2002, 07:58 AM
FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! THIS IS NOT A WARZONE!!! I did it different than others....I am doing also this poll in a star trek forum.......so it isn't like the....*counts fingers* thousand other ones!!

obi
07-03-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Phillio
FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! THIS IS NOT A WARZONE!!! I did it different than others....I am doing also this poll in a star trek forum.......so it isn't like the....*counts fingers* thousand other ones!!

yea, it is. They all had "Star Trek, Star wars, or Both" options. It is exactly like the other ones. But hey, If your doin this on the startrek.com forums, they take it personal over there! watch your back on startrek.com!!!!!!

Dath Maximus
07-03-2002, 08:02 AM
Your admiral kenobi over there arent you obi

i might have to go there to bug you

Kit fisto JK
07-03-2002, 08:39 AM
A war this thread will not create

obi
07-03-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Dath Maximus
Your admiral kenobi over there arent you obi

i might have to go there to bug you

OMG!!!!!!!!

hOW DID YOU KNOW?!?!?!?!?!?

I am admiral kenobi!!! Seriously!!!!!!!!!!

What's your name there?

Emon
07-03-2002, 09:22 AM
Star Trek is bent on uber realisim and being geeky, that's why it sucks.

Star Wars involves romance (Kirk getting a girl every other episode doesn't count), an epic struggle of good vs. evil, fiction and some geeky stuff for the geeky people.

And SW geeky stuff is cool, ST geeky stuff...sucks.

[IAF]Nova
07-03-2002, 02:23 PM
Theres one Major difference.

Star Wars plays in the past and has absolutely nothing to do with the Earths civilization today
:dsaber:
Star Trek is in the near future and is based around humanity as in Us as humans

Therefore I think you cant and you shouldent compare the two.

Where you could say that the Death Star has no chance vs. a Borg ship for all those people who know a slight bit of Star Trek around here.

[IAF]Nova
07-03-2002, 02:25 PM
Oh yeah, and whats the point of placing a vote of what people like better on a Star Wars Message Board?
lol
Post one on a Star Trek message board and you'll get a totally different result.

CapNColostomy
07-03-2002, 02:34 PM
That's a good question to post on LUCAS forums...Who do you suppose might win it here? While your at it, go to a Ford website and ask who likes Chevrolet better...

Darth Groovy
07-03-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Yoda_623

There is no contest considering that without Star Wars, Star Trek would not have lived this long or gone to the proportions it has, not by a long shot. If you don't agree with that, Know this, until Star Wars hit the big screen in '77 the Star Trek television series was cancelled. Paramount resurected Star Trek and made a movie to compete with Star Wars. But considering most sci-fi was a bust until the popularity of Star Wars hit there really is no contest. Star Wars will always win. Trekkies owe us man.

Darth Groovy
07-03-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
That's a good question to post on LUCAS forums...Who do you suppose might win it here? While your at it, go to a Ford website and ask who likes Chevrolet better...

This past May, on opening day of AOTC I was sitting in class and the teacher had mentioned something of about an early dismissal. I mentioned that was awsome since Episode II was released that day and some girl says "oh you like Star Wars? so are you a Trekkie then?

In space.... no one can here you scream!:edeaths:

CapNColostomy
07-03-2002, 03:43 PM
HAHAHA...if ever there were a reason to scream, that has to be it.

Darth Groovy
07-03-2002, 04:33 PM
I thought of another................

"Enterprise"

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Vestril
07-03-2002, 11:25 PM

Hey, good point, unless you actually read his post:

I posted this same thread at a star trek forum, and in 5 days, i will average up all the votes together to see which one ppl like better.........

:p

JandoFett1842
07-03-2002, 11:32 PM
Star Wars is a lot better!

Pedantic
07-03-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by darthgroovyii
I thought of another................

"Enterprise"

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

From someone who likes both Star Wars and Star Trek's point-of-view, I can wholeheartedly agree with you on that one.

CapNColostomy
07-04-2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Vestril

Hey, good point, unless you actually read his post:

:p

Uhhh...right. I did read his post. What's your point? I'm saying on a LUCAS FORUMS, you'll more than likely find more SW fans than ST fans...On the ST FORUM, I Imagine he'll find more ST fans than SW. DOH!

Darth Groovy
07-04-2002, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Pedantic

From someone who likes both Star Wars and Star Trek's point-of-view, I can wholeheartedly agree with you on that one.

Good, because I didn't want to come off as sounding like I come here just to rip on Star Trek. Actually I liked the Next Generation TV series, however everything that has come out since then is just awful. And Enterprise is another blatant attempt to cash in on Star Wars. Star Trek "prequal"? Lame.:rolleyes:

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-04-2002, 05:57 AM
I'm pretty sure that all of us Star Wars fans are getting sick of seeing star trek on our forums.

*Darth Vega*
07-04-2002, 06:12 AM
Star wars would win. star trek has been crap after the original series and first 6 movies.

Picard: What do you want?
Vader: You will lower sheilds.
Picard: I will lower sheilds.
*BOOOM*

Lightning
07-05-2002, 04:39 AM
Star Wars wy do you think i'm in this bbs;)

Darth Groovy
07-05-2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by *Darth Vega*
Star wars would win. star trek has been crap after the original series and first 6 movies.

Picard: What do you want?
Vader: You will lower sheilds.
Picard: I will lower sheilds.
*BOOOM* \

Mwahahahah!!!! Suckey!!!!:vadar:

obi
07-05-2002, 04:48 AM
Please let his die and go away.

Thank you.

Darth Groovy
07-05-2002, 04:49 AM
I am interested in making a fan film. It starts out just like A New Hope only the Rebel Blockade Runner is replaced with the Enterprise. The Rebel troops are replaced with red shirts. And the captain that gets choked by vader is replaced with William Shatner.:vsd:

obi
07-05-2002, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by darthgroovyii
William Shatner

hey, thats William Fatner, to you, buddy!

Phillio
07-05-2002, 04:55 AM
Ok now, no more making fun of star trek. I don't mind when you say star wars is much better! But when you start making fun of it and stuff.....personally, I like star trek. Some people like it, some don't. Keep your answers to i like "star wars better" or vise versa. But I don't like seeing star trek thrown around and made fun of. I know a lot of people who like star trek, (and a lot who don't). Just, plz, stop the making fun of it. This is a poll. Not a "make fun of star trek forum". ;)

-Phillio

obi
07-05-2002, 04:58 AM
Ok now, no more making fun of star trek. I don't mind when you say star wars is much better! But when you start making fun of it and stuff.....I like star trek. Some people like it some don't. Keep your answers to i like star wars better or vise versa. But I don't like seeing star trek thrown around and made fun of. I know a lot of people who like star trek, (and a lot who don't). Just, plz, stop the making fun of. This is a poll. Not a "make fun of star trek forum". ;)

I wasn't mocking Star Trek, just William Shatner. I love Star trek as muchas Wars. You missed the Avatar invasion! I was Commander Riker!!!!

Darklighter
07-05-2002, 04:58 AM
I like Star Wars. I like Star Trek also. Enterprise programme is cool. Star wars films are wicked! Simple observation on my part.

Phillio
07-05-2002, 05:00 AM
Sorry obi-13, i wasnt talking to you. I have met trekkies who hate william shatner!

Darth Groovy
07-05-2002, 05:08 AM
I don't hate anyone. I don't hate Star Trek. I don't make fun of those who like it. I only have a hard time with the ones that learn how to speak Klingon by listening to CDs and read "Starfleet Officer's Manuals" in they're spare time.

Now if you will excuse me, my makeup is running.........

"I knew it......I am surrounded by *******s!"

_Dark Helmet

To'pek
07-05-2002, 05:26 AM
I think that they are both cool and that if you insult them you insult me so you cant win either way

Newbie*

-----------------------
| :lsduel: | ___ ||
----------------------- | :duel: _||
--------------------

hehehe :D

Phillio
07-05-2002, 05:28 AM
I may be a trekkie, but i dont sit around listening to cd's trying to learn klingon. I agree, you shouldn't ghet to wrapped up in one certain thing.

obi
07-05-2002, 05:32 AM
I may be a trekkie, but i dont sit around listening to cd's trying to learn klingon. I agree, you shouldn't ghet to wrapped up in one certain thing.

P'taks! All of you! P'taks!

:D

BTW, maybe I'm dumb, but what exactly is that To'pek? I know it's Luke and vader deualing, but whats with the lines?

Skuttle24
07-05-2002, 07:29 AM
LOL
1 person voted trek
maybe the trekkies r dieing off!
yes!!!:D

Darth Groovy
07-05-2002, 07:32 AM

"Hey that is my line!"

_Pete the Fajita

Darklighter
07-05-2002, 07:33 AM
Well, you have to remember this is a Star Wars forum. No one around here will admit they like Star Trek better.

Phillio
07-05-2002, 07:34 AM
Hehe, you forgot this is a star wars forum Skuttle24......

MWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!

Anyway, I haven't gotten much respnse on the forum at the star trek site......

*Darth Vega*
07-05-2002, 09:06 AM
omg, you mean people try to learn like fake languages?!?

Darklighter
07-05-2002, 09:11 AM
quite sad, huh?!:confused: :(

Darth Knight
07-05-2002, 10:20 AM
star trek the next generation is the best star trek but star wars still owns

Darth Groovy
07-05-2002, 12:59 PM
omg, you mean people try to learn like fake languages?!?

Forgive them.....they know not what they do.
I am surprised they don't offer a Klingon class at a public university. You never know when speaking Klingon would come in handy.
Hey, anyone know a seven letter Klingon word for meatloaf?

Yogurt: "Maghff mwuff mooff"
Lonestar: "Is it written in an alien language?"
Yogurt: "No I was just cleaning my throat"

Dath Maximus
07-05-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13

OMG!!!!!!!!

hOW DID YOU KNOW?!?!?!?!?!?

I am admiral kenobi!!! Seriously!!!!!!!!!!

What's your name there?

Dath Maximus!!!

s0ulblihtr
07-06-2002, 12:20 AM
I Love Star Wars. Hands down that is my favorite. I like Star Trek TNG... I actually found myself likeing Deep Space 9. As far as the others.... :dozey: :dozey: :bored: :bored:

*Darth Vega*
07-06-2002, 12:35 AM
if i ever found somebody who was learning klingon or some fake language i would sooo give that queer a swirly

Dath Maximus
07-06-2002, 09:51 AM
if i ever found somebody who was learning klingon or some fake language i would sooo give that queer a swirly

You Patak!!

cholobHa'!!!

Darth Groovy
07-06-2002, 07:03 PM

I have an Inergalactic phrase book written by Ben Burt that teaches you Bocce' Wookie speak, jawa and Hutese but I bought it only because Ben Burt wrote it. Without Ben, who knows what a lightsaber would sound like.

To'pek
07-08-2002, 11:13 AM
obi-wan 13 that was supposed to be the emporor's throne room and the bespin catwalk but its got riped apart when put together there it looked cool in the typing screen but bleh

the empire ownz joo

:trooper: :trooper:
:trooper: :vadar: :emperor: :trooper:

hehehe :)

Throno-Denkai
07-08-2002, 11:27 AM
Thats a stupid question, Star Wars ofcourse!!! Star Trek is old and it doesnt have a good story like star wars, also there is not a signature weapon like lightsaber in star trek.

obi
07-08-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by To'pek
obi-wan 13 that was supposed to be the emporor's throne room and the bespin catwalk but its got riped apart when put together there it looked cool in the typing screen but bleh

the empire ownz joo

:trooper: :trooper:
:trooper: :vadar: :emperor: :trooper:

hehehe :)

oh ok. I don't know why I didn't see it at first;)

I just saw a bunch of lines and two saber duals:)

Kurgan
07-08-2002, 02:14 PM
Bantoo bah dooba hootah hootah hoo....*

* I speak fluent Huttese, thank you. j/k! ; )

Phillio
07-09-2002, 01:42 AM
I'm afraid my thread in the star trek forum didn't get many responses. Oh well. I am going through a faze where I am TOTALLY sick of star wars! I have been playing JKII 24/7 evert since I got it. Now I am playing Starfleet Command: Orion Pirates and Elite Force. I also changed my sig! This forum has no use anymore. No more votes or responses. I don't care if this forum gets closed. It didn't work out. So, now, we will ignore thi forum and never look at it again....................

obi
07-09-2002, 03:48 AM
I'm afraid my thread in the star trek forum didn't get many responses. Oh well. I am going through a faze where I am TOTALLY sick of star wars! I have been playing JKII 24/7 evert since I got it. Now I am playing Starfleet Command: Orion Pirates and Elite Force. I also changed my sig! This forum has no use anymore. No more votes or responses. I don't care if this forum gets closed. It didn't work out. So, now, we will ignore thi forum and never look at it again....................

you have.............issues..........of some sort............

Darth Groovy
07-09-2002, 03:35 PM
The Huttese phrase:

"Kavaa kyotopa bu whirlee backa?"

Translation in basic:

"Can I visit the dancers backstage?"

I am not making this up, Ben Burt wrote this.

from: "Star Wars:Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide, A Language Guide to the Galaxy" 2001 The Ballantine Publishing Group. A Del Rey Book.

2001 Lucasfilm Ltd. TM All Rights Reserved.