PDA

View Full Version : Why didnt they chase Jango?

Kaito Fett
07-03-2002, 06:28 PM
This is from a topic I brought up in Chat today.

In the beginning chase scene through coruscant Anakin and Obi go far out of their way to grab Zam. Even falling a long distance to land on her/his speeder. And entering a rough bar to get their hands on her/him. They finally grab Zam and drag "it" outside. What happens? A dart hits "it" in the neck and they see Jango jet up. Here is my big question. If they were willing to go through all that for Zam how come they didnt go after Zam's killer? He wasnt any further away then Zam was anytime during the chase and there were plenty of speeders laying about. Why didnt one of them jump in and go after him? They didnt even look like they cared about it.
"Oh there goes the guy that just killed our only knowledge of what happened and maybe the ring leader in all this. Dont think we will pursue him. Lets just sit here and listen to her garbled last message before she dies and spend a week trying to find some world that doesnt exist"

Kaito Fett

greedo626
07-03-2002, 07:08 PM
it would have been hard to chase jango because they did'nt have a speeder and by the time they got one jango would have been long gone.

MasterD-LeyAmas
07-03-2002, 07:57 PM
Yes, it would have been one thing if Jango had run away on foot, but he jet-packed away, strait up. Unless they managed to fly somehow, it would have been almost impossible to catch him.

WolfmanNCSU
07-03-2002, 08:20 PM
Plus they were probably getting tried and the scene was long enough already. :D

Darth Joka'ar
07-03-2002, 10:17 PM
Hm...Jedi should carry a Blaster:p

Pedantic
07-03-2002, 10:20 PM
A Jedi would never carry something as clumsy and random as that. ;) :D

Jedi_Monk
07-04-2002, 12:45 AM
A Jedi would never carry something as clumsy and random as that.
A blaster's only clumsy and random if you don't know how to use it, kid ;)

Lightsabers own, though :D

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Jedi_Monk.jpg

Kaito Fett
07-04-2002, 01:15 AM
it would have been hard to chase jango because they did'nt have a speeder and by the time they got one jango would have been long gone.

So when Obi falls off the destroyed droid, Zam jumps into her speeder, and Anakin finally after several minutes cathes Obi, isnt Zam long gone and too far to pursue and yet they do? They must have some Jedi Tracking skill because of all that happened they always knew where Zam was. Anakin (before he lept over the side) was looking straight down for the car. He must have had some force tracking or something to be able to spot that car so far away. He fell 5 seconds. So that car way off behind them when he fell. Guess Force Tracking dont work for guys with jet packs wearing silver mandalorian armor. "Oh younglings. About force tracking, I want to teach hmmm. But for catching silver armored mandalores with jetpacks it is not."
And there were speeders all over. At least closer then having to climb up to a roof and look for one "he liked". And the speeder. as Anakin and Zam proved, can go any direction.

Kaito Fett

Kyth'emos
07-04-2002, 01:33 AM
I think that speeder was either theirs or Padme's, I think the Jedi code would include somthing as basic as not stealing.

Kaito Fett
07-04-2002, 02:30 AM
I dont think their code would include no stealing. More along the lines of taking something in an emergency is allowed. They arent allowed possessions after all. So I think that includes sporty yellow speeders.

Jedi: We are sorry to inform that your kids were tortured and massacred last night.
Mother: OMG but your Jedi. Couldnt you stop it?
Jedi: Sorry miss but we were across town and could not get there in time. Its against the Jedi Code to steal transport.
Mother: My kids died because you cant get transport?
Jedi: Yes miss I am sorry. They died painfully and slowly because it took us two hours to get there. The killer had plenty of time. But at least our code is safe. And that is great news.

Kaito Fett

Tyrion
07-04-2002, 02:31 AM
....for some reason,I believe they would do that....

Kit fisto JK
07-04-2002, 03:22 AM
no they wouldnt

Kyth'emos
07-04-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Kaito Fett
I dont think their code would include no stealing. More along the lines of taking something in an emergency is allowed. They arent allowed possessions after all. So I think that includes sporty yellow speeders.

Jedi: We are sorry to inform that your kids were tortured and massacred last night.
Mother: OMG but your Jedi. Couldnt you stop it?
Jedi: Sorry miss but we were across town and could not get there in time. Its against the Jedi Code to steal transport.
Mother: My kids died because you cant get transport?
Jedi: Yes miss I am sorry. They died painfully and slowly because it took us two hours to get there. The killer had plenty of time. But at least our code is safe. And that is great news.

Kaito Fett

yeah pretty much, the old republic Jedi Councal was really stupid like that.

JandoFett1842
07-04-2002, 04:55 AM
Because they are ****'en Idiots! Didnt you ****'en know that?

obi
07-04-2002, 04:59 AM
Actually, I don't think Jango got that far. I am guessing he hid between buildings, or in traffic or something. A person on jetpack is a lot smaller then a person in a speeder.

Nebelwerfer_
07-04-2002, 05:04 AM
Because if they did go after jango, they probly would have caught him and the movie would only be an hour and a half long...
THERE I SAID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111ONE

shidobu
07-04-2002, 05:31 AM
I find it hard to believe that one could hide from a Jedi.

obi
07-04-2002, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by shidobu
I find it hard to believe that one could hide from a Jedi.

They did a good job hiding a clone army.

JandoFett1842
07-04-2002, 09:52 AM
:wstupid:

kfretz
07-04-2002, 09:54 AM
Yogurt!, i hate Yogurt.

obi
07-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by JandoFett1842
:wstupid:

I don't see how that was stupid. Yoda said himself:

"Diminishing our power is, if see the creation of this army we did not."

AND STOP SPAMMING!!!!!!!

augh!

greedo626
07-04-2002, 10:08 AM
if anakin and obi-wan had caught jango at first, than mace never would have cut off his head. now who wants that? :mace:

*Darth Vega*
07-04-2002, 10:42 AM
guys, its just a movie.....repeat after me....just a movie...

obi
07-04-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by *Darth Vega*
guys, its just a movie.....repeat after me....just a movie...

sorry, but if someone calls me stupid, I'm going to explain my point. And I was stressing the "Don't spam" like I have been doing to get poeple to stop spamming. It gets on my nerves.

aahz
07-04-2002, 11:50 AM
the reason they didnt is because there little whiny bitches

thats right obi_wan 13 [insults deleted, this is why this poster was banned!]

obi
07-04-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by aahz
the reason they didnt is because there little whiny bitches

thats right obi_wan 13 obi wan is a little whiny bitch that sucks my cock every night:rhett:

oh wow........the maturity level is rising.......:rolleyes:

Pada-Wan
07-04-2002, 12:24 PM
i didn't know jedis sucked cock....

do not listen to him master kenobi. feel the force...not the anger

obi
07-04-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Solo Act
i didn't know jedis sucked cock....

do not listen to him master kenobi. feel the force...not the anger

Don't worry, he's banned anyway. Thanks for your support, Solo act.

Pada-Wan
07-04-2002, 01:03 PM
Great news master

obi
07-04-2002, 01:10 PM
Great news master

Padawan? Sure........Just don't go hackin me up when your all grown up, ya hear?

:D

Pada-Wan
07-04-2002, 01:44 PM
How do you like my sig master?

obi
07-04-2002, 01:51 PM
I like it very much, my apprentice. It reminds me of........me.:D

If Tyrion makes fun of you, just let me know. I have a ruler he despises. :D

welll anyways, back on the topic, I think that Jango was too quick for Obi and Annie at the time, because you remember how he shot down that one jedi in the arena? It's probably the same deal. He did give Obi-wan a run for his money on Kamino.

Pada-Wan
07-04-2002, 01:57 PM
btw, can padawan's have green lightsabers? or is that only for jedi knights? and yea, by the time they go to a speeder, jango was long gone IMO

obi
07-04-2002, 02:00 PM
btw, can padawan's have green lightsabers?

yes they can. We musn't stray too far off topic. We musn't fall to the spam side.

Plus, I think that jetpacks are faster then speeders. There's just something about them.

Lime-Light
07-04-2002, 02:00 PM
....because there wouldnt be much of a movie left if they had caught him there. No Kamino, no clones, no Geonosis fight, no end saber battle.

Pada-Wan
07-04-2002, 02:06 PM
Jango is an expert at jet flying anyway. They would just have wasted their NRG looking for him.

Darth Groovy
07-05-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Kaito Fett
This is from a topic I brought up in Chat today.

In the beginning chase scene through coruscant Anakin and Obi go far out of their way to grab Zam. Even falling a long distance to land on her/his speeder. And entering a rough bar to get their hands on her/him. They finally grab Zam and drag "it" outside. What happens? A dart hits "it" in the neck and they see Jango jet up. Here is my big question. If they were willing to go through all that for Zam how come they didnt go after Zam's killer? He wasnt any further away then Zam was anytime during the chase and there were plenty of speeders laying about. Why didnt one of them jump in and go after him? They didnt even look like they cared about it.
"Oh there goes the guy that just killed our only knowledge of what happened and maybe the ring leader in all this. Dont think we will pursue him. Lets just sit here and listen to her garbled last message before she dies and spend a week trying to find some world that doesnt exist"

Kaito Fett

I was beginning to wonder this but I think GL just really wanted to cut to the library scene so that he made sure that everyone knew that Jedi Read books, and it probably has something to do with the junior scolastic program.

<>Phant0m<>
07-05-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Kyth'emos
I think that speeder was either theirs or Padme's, I think the Jedi code would include somthing as basic as not stealing.

No im sure Obi-1 askes Anakin why he took so long and he said he was looking for a fast speeder to take.

EwokKiller
07-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Cant obi or anikan force pull him to them? Or saber throw their saber? Wouldnt that have killed him?

WolfmanNCSU
07-05-2002, 09:01 PM
Yes, it would, but they could sense in the force that it would really ruin the movie cause it would only leave the love story. No chase to find Jango and discover the clone army or a large battle at the end.

EwokKiller
07-05-2002, 11:16 PM
I dont tihnk Jango Fett had to do anything with the clones... it seemed like Count Dukko (dunno how you spell it) had everything controlled.. all Jango Fett did was trying to fight a jedi and in 2 seconds he got his head cut off... :saberb: :fett:

obi
07-05-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by EwokKiller
I dont tihnk Jango Fett had to do anything with the clones... it seemed like Count Dukko (dunno how you spell it) had everything controlled.. all Jango Fett did was trying to fight a jedi and in 2 seconds he got his head cut off... :saberb: :fett:

They made the clones after him.

:rolleyes:

Darth Knight
07-06-2002, 12:18 AM

did you see ATOC?

teutonicknight
07-06-2002, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13

I don't see how that was stupid. Yoda said himself:

"Diminishing our power is, if see the creation of this army we did not."

HA! FOOL! Yoda really said:

:yoda:Blind we are, if creation of this clone army, we could not see.

:rolleyes:

Your kind of mixing up lines from that entire sceen.... :eek:

:mace:Mace: "I think it's time to inform the senate, that our power to use the force has diminished..."

:yoda:Yoda: "Only the dark lord of the sith know of our weakness, tell the senate, and multiply our adversarys will."

Don't feel bad, many people can't recite every line from the movie ;):p

-teutonicknight :saberb:

teutonicknight
07-06-2002, 06:00 AM

Me thinks that you either

A. Have memory problems

B. Did not see AOTC

or

C. Making a really bad joke

And it's spelled Dooku.

-teutonicknight :saberb:

Jedi_Monk
07-09-2002, 12:13 PM
I think both Obi-Wan and Anakin were bone tired... Obi-Wan had jumped through a window and was hanging from an irate droid for a while and then got said droid shot out of his hands and fell a few hundred feet into a speeder and then he was given multiple heart-attacks by Anakin's driving. Anakin had to race through a huge apartment building, "borrow" a speeder (yes, it was stolen), jump out of said speeder onto another speeder (nother drop of a few hundred feet) fight a bounty-hunter in mid-air and then fell off of the speeder onto the ground. Then, both of them chased her for blocks through crowded streets. I think the adrenaline had probably worn off and they were both ready to collapse. Plus, if they were out chasing bounty hunters all night, they weren't there protecting Padme. Why waste time chasing a bounty hunter across the planet while he has his guard up when he's left you a perfectly viable clue and you can find him while he's not expecting you?

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Jedi_Monk.jpg