PDA

View Full Version : whats the best dismemberment patch?

Nebelwerfer_
07-04-2002, 05:57 AM
It seems kinda lame to watch a starwars movie and see how powerfull the saber is and then play JO and slash someone four times in the head and just watch them fall down.
I need a patch that makes it look real.

Old_Ben
07-04-2002, 07:22 AM
You dont need a patch. For single player all you have to do is type in helpusobi 1 and then g_saberrealisticcombat 1 or cg_dismember 3.

In multiplayer type in cg_dismember 100 and you can see limbs flying even if others can't.

Pedantic
07-04-2002, 02:21 PM
g_saberrealisticcombat 3 also is good for major dismemberment. :)

Old_Ben
07-04-2002, 02:29 PM
The dismemberment cheats seem to make it easier to slice things up. It's probably better not to use if you want to see if you can beat the game.

Pedantic
07-04-2002, 03:32 PM
Yes, beat the game, then go back with g_saberrealisticcombat 3. It's so much fun slicing up stormtroopers. ;)

Bluezman
07-04-2002, 05:18 PM
Ah, the dismemberment issue pops up again...

Here's some problems with that issue that most non-european gamers do not consider :rolleyes: : CENSORSHIP!!!! :(

Nebelwerfer, I assume you are German, just as I am. :D So you'll notice that in single player most probably the saberrealisticcombat stuff doesn't do the trick (besides it's a cheat and you might want to have dismemberment without the cheat).

SINGLE PLAYER
Getting dismemberment to work with the german version is very tricky. I can't get it straight now but it was something like uninstall the game, set all language settings in windows to american, install game, set every language setting in the game to english, turn cg_uicensored to 0, bla bla bla....VEEERY tricky stuff...

It didn't work for me, don't know why. Friends of my got it to work, probably it's even something about Windows XP or whatever. I finally got it to work with a patched .exe I got from bloodpatches.de. I don't know if they still have it, however, it only worked with the 1.02 version of the game. Duh! :( I haven't got it to work in 1.03 (single player that is).

MULTIPLAYER
Here dismemberment is a server side thing. If it isn't enabled server side, you can't see it. If it is enabled, the client needs to set cg_dismember 3 (like Old_Ben said, setting it to 100 doesn't change anything: 0 is off, 1 is only arms and legs and 3 is everything including waist cuts and heads). For Multiplayer, no patch is needed. The trick is to find a server that has it enabled. Most servers run by Gaming communities such as jolt.co.uk or gamers.net have it turned off because they have lots of kids on the server (violence in computer games is a big issue in Germany :( )

If anyone knows how to get dismemberment to work in single player in 1.03 (europeean version), pease tell me.

Nebelwerfer, if you want the patch for 1.02 and can't find it, pm me and i'll mail it to you...

teleguy
07-04-2002, 08:53 PM
If anyone knows how to get dismemberment to work in single player in 1.03 (europeean version), pease tell me.
At http://www.blutpatches.de theres a patch for 1.03 available.
It is also supposed to add blood to the game but instead of blood you can only see a lot of grey squares. To make it work you have to download the ultimate blood patch from JediKnight2.net .

Bluezman
07-04-2002, 08:59 PM
Cool, thanks. Last time I checked, they only had the 1.02 version.
I'll try that as soon as I come home...

I am just playing Single player for the 3rd time, now with cheats and all force powers maxed out from the beginning, having lots of fun with stormies etc. but couldn't use dismemberment so far.... now, let's rock :naughty:

JEDI OUTCAST
07-05-2002, 01:33 AM
:cool: g_saberrealisticcombat 9 - kills all with one hit by the saber,

Bluezman
07-05-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by JEDI OUTCAST
:cool: g_saberrealisticcombat 9 - kills all with one hit by the saber, including yourself :D

Nebelwerfer_
07-05-2002, 05:48 AM
It's rather disappointing to have dismemberment turned on and only see hand fly off every 4 kills, but I just use ultimate blood patch, and is pretty cool, but as for G_saberrealisticcombat, i set it to 3 and nothing happins, i'll try to set it to 9 and see what happens. and as for Neuer Jedi Knight 2 Blutpatch, will that show torso cuts into 2 peices?

Bluezman
07-05-2002, 07:00 AM
I tried it, it works nicely. You get cut off limbs with every kill. Arms, legs, heads, torsos cut in half...

It gives you the option of having blood (instead of the yellow sparks coming from the saber, they are red, looks like blood) or having no blood (for all the people saying "Nooooo, blood is not right, the saber seals the wound, there is no blood supposed to be seen!!!")

Try it, you'll like it. :)

Pedantic
07-05-2002, 07:51 AM
You have to have cheats enabled for g_saberrealisticcombat to work. Did you do that? :) Unless you do have the European version and that doesn't work or something, but, of course, I wouldn't know about that 'cause I don't have the European version. ;)

Moldy_Bun_Bolon
07-06-2002, 08:32 AM
you know the blood mod its unrealistic because you know that a light saber is all heat and it only burns you i would download the sword mod from jedi center and then the blood mod so it looks cool and whats the difference betwen the g_sabercombat 1 thingy (or however you spell it) and g_sabercombat 9?

:atat: :deathstar

Old_Ben
07-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Moldy_Bun_Bolon
you know the blood mod its unrealistic because you know that a light saber is all heat and it only burns you

That wasn't true in ANH when obi cut off that guys arm in the cantina, but I guess that was just because they weren't able to do that in movies then.

Subject452
07-06-2002, 08:40 AM
you know the blood mod its unrealistic because you know that a light saber is all heat and it only burns you i would download the sword mod from jedi center and then the blood mod so it looks cool

You could also download my Katana Battles Beta mod for Jk2.
You can download the mod here http://mbalch.free.fr/subject452/katana_battles.zip
Want more info about the mod then read the following thread:

http://64.246.44.70/~lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63435

Kurgan
07-06-2002, 09:41 AM
you know the blood mod its unrealistic because you know that a light saber is all heat and it only burns you i would download the sword mod from jedi center and then the blood mod so it looks cool and whats the difference betwen the g_sabercombat 1 thingy (or however you spell it) and g_sabercombat 9?

Actually, you'll notice in TPM Maul bleeds (spray of red mist) when he gets cut in half, so lightsabers still can make you bleed.

Pedantic
07-06-2002, 09:43 AM
Huh? I never noticed any blood...and logic suggests that there shouldn't be any. :)

The Truthful Liar
07-06-2002, 09:51 AM
There is blood, reason being Obi wan struck with such force and speed there wasn't enough time to seal up the wound (it did seal up, just not immediatly). Same goes for the scene in the cantina (ANH) he also attacked very quickly. :D

Obi wan's jedi reflexes are just too damm fast :p

;)

Pedantic
07-06-2002, 09:52 AM
He couldn't be fast enough. The wound should cauterize instantly. As for the cantina, well, that was weird. ;) :)

Ged
07-06-2002, 10:07 AM
Um actually if you read 'A New Hope' i think you'll find that when Luke first lights up his old mans Blue Lolly, it's described as an opaque blue-white blade which gave off no heat. Therefore no heat = no automatic cauterizing of wounds, inflicted with the saber ;0)

Cheers ....

WasteLock
07-06-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Ged
Um actually if you read 'A New Hope' i think you'll find that when Luke first lights up his old mans Blue Lolly, it's described as an opaque blue-white blade which gave off no heat. Therefore no heat = no automatic cauterizing of wounds, inflicted with the saber ;0)

Cheers ....

Actually it gives off no heat because a Jedi's saber is designed to use very very little energy unless it is cutting through something. According to http://www.starwars.com

Trannyn Covnant
07-06-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Moldy_Bun_Bolon

:atat: :deathstar The difference is that the higher the number the less slashes it takes to take off a body part such as with G_saberrealisticcombat 1 if you touch the enemy with the tip of your blade it wont kill him. with 9 if you were to touch the tip with your finger your arm would fly off.

WasteLock
07-06-2002, 12:13 PM
::snippy snip snip::Once unleashed, the power channels through a positively charged continuous energy lens at the center of the handle. The beam then arcs circumferentially back to a negatively charged high energy flux aperture. A superconductor transfers the power from the flux aperture to the power cell. As a result, a lightsaber only expends power when its blade cuts through something. So efficient is the blade, that it does not radiate heat unless it comes into contact with something.

Ged
07-07-2002, 08:14 AM
Heh, efficient? .... Yeah sure, as long as you have a miniature 'black hole' in the hilt, to drag the light back in upon itself. ;0) ....

Cheers....

IAmKitFisto
07-07-2002, 11:24 AM
listen u guys. dismemberment wont work in multiplayer. somebody please tell me whats going on here? feel free to send me an e-mail. make the subject dismemberment.

:emperor: "Wipe them out, all of them." Darth Sidius TPM.

QuietSith
07-07-2002, 11:45 AM
Server:

seta g_dismember 300

Client:

/cg_dismember 300

Bluezman
07-07-2002, 06:42 PM
Quiet Sith is right. You can try it when you create your own "server" locally so you can set the vars yourself. When you play online the var has to be set by the admin.

Antilles
07-07-2002, 07:32 PM
Mnn, i am using a Chinese version JKII and windows XP, but the trick work fine for me......

IAmKitFisto
07-08-2002, 03:47 AM
I dont know what version u guys are using, bit i get a freakin error message when i change the seat g_dismember to 300!!! I have v1.02 Are u guys using 1.03? If so, that would explain it. Maybe. thanks for he help though.

__________________________________________________ __
:mace: "This party's over."
-Mace Windu AOTC

IAmKitFisto
07-08-2002, 03:56 AM
does anyone know of an ENGLISH SITE for a blood patch and update?

__________________________________________________ __

:yoda: "The dark side clouds everything."
-Yoda (AOTC)

Bluezman
07-08-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by IAmKitFisto
I dont know what version u guys are using, bit i get a freakin error message when i change the seat g_dismember to 300!!! I have v1.02 Are u guys using 1.03? If so, that would explain it. Maybe. thanks for he help though.
You nailed it. This error message (something with "Oppstack") is 1.02 only. I think they released some sort of server fix for that even before 1.03 came out. The easiest way would be to go with 1.03 IMO. If you like the changes that came with the patch, that is... :rolleyess: ;)

Bluezman
07-08-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by IAmKitFisto
does anyone know of an ENGLISH SITE for a blood patch and update?
Sorry, I haven't. But I can be of assistance with the German patch if you like. It is rather easy, only one exe-file to execute and then you have two .bat files to turn blood on or off. That's pretty much it. As for the update: if you mean the 1.03 update, you can get it pretty much everywhere, e.g. jediknightii.net.

Nebelwerfer_
07-08-2002, 03:01 PM
wow, I just got the latest version of pcgamer and there is a little section dedicated to JKII. It says that the game is alot funner with saber realism turned on all the way and it has a screenshot of kyle decapping a stormy. So it looks like we're not the only gamers wanting full realism :D :D

AuggieBenDoggie
07-11-2002, 01:23 AM
Back to the saber heat:

Not according to Star Wars.com, but here: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/jks/saber/general.html

The lightsaber actually gives off no heat. It actually excited molecules that it comes into contact with, causing them to move, thereby creating heat. For example, the blast door ir Episode I was actually melting itself...

Sorry to change the subject.

Nebelwerfer_
07-11-2002, 05:29 AM
What is the source of the info on that web page, how do we know it's cannon or not. So far we've seen cauterized wounds and not cauterized wounds. Anikins disarming by dooku showed no blood even after he woke up from his knock out, neither did lukes disarming in ESB, but in TPM with maul, yes we saw blood, and with the goons obi wan killed in the cantina, so I think it's just that wounds to get cauterized from lightsaber slashes, but as they fall to the floor, like a water balloon, they might break and leak, that would explane ponda boba in ANH. :cool:

Bluezman
07-11-2002, 07:13 AM
A wound can be cauterized and still you can see a little blood. It's like when you fry a steak in a pan, all the juice and the blood is supposed to stay inside the meat to make it more tasty. And it does. However, a little bit of juice still gets outside. It's more like a 99% issue.

The wounds generally cauterize but occasionally you see some blood. Like when Maul died, that was a huge wound, cut his whole torso in two. This wound did not couterize quick enough so we saw some blood. Anakin's arm cut off: that's a rather small place where blood could come out, this rather small wound was cauterized so quickly that there was no blood.

And yes, the blood patch is unrealistic, because every hit causes a splash of blood, not only the kills but also the normal 20 damage hits. This doesn't look starwars-ish.

Nebelwerfer_
07-15-2002, 02:19 AM
yah, the blood patch is unrealistic because there is even blood from laser wounds, and that is just stupid:evanpiel: