PDA

View Full Version : Jedi vs. Merc vs. Sith

Darth Knight
07-06-2002, 09:29 AM
How many of you guys play that server? It is my favorite sever. I love that mod

Methos
07-06-2002, 11:46 AM
i like it too, in fact i've played on several j vs s vs merc servers, although i've found that very few have the grapple available for mercs, which is sorely needed to make up for the mercs limited mobility. in fact i think i've played a few rounds with you before if thats your in game name. in my opinion this is a whole new genre of the game and have met a few very talented players, although i can say the same for the opposite as well. just tonight i was playing as a merc on a small server, in fact the only merc there, and must have been playing against a couple of completely green newbs because they kept calling me a gun whore and a coward. i took great satisfaction from blowing them to pieces. but just as a general tip for anyone joining these servers...before you open your mouth up to whine, pay attention to what kind of server it is, dumbasses.

ps. the aformentioned n00bs, the Allwhiney $hadow and his partner in all things bitchery BruK/BroK (however you spell it
) are on my 'personal amusement' list

mythren
07-06-2002, 11:54 AM
Err...how do I locate servers like this? Sounds like an absolute blast!

Methos
07-06-2002, 12:43 PM
they have a special icon, istead of a lightsaber for a saber only server, its got a saber and a gun, and usually it'll mention it in the title

HellFyre69
07-07-2002, 12:21 AM
yah, those servers are fun... But most of them are CTF... They have very Few FFA ones

mythren
07-07-2002, 12:53 AM
I played on an FFA one last night, was Jedi vs. Merc...had a blast! It's tougher than I thought it would be to do Merc though, no Force Jump makes things a little difficult :), and since I'm generally a pure-saberist anyway, I found Jedi very much to my liking, especially the fact that we have no choice but to use sabers :). However, against a merc with a Rocket Launcher, there really is no defence :D .

Gandel
07-07-2002, 05:49 AM
The IP to the server is in my sig. if you want to go play on it when type this in the console

/Connect 198.49.215.90 to find more about it, go here

http://64.246.44.70/~lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51955

to see the mod thats being worked on by the server team, go here.

http://www.anzwers.org/free/jedifortress/