PDA

View Full Version : Light or dark

James Brophy
07-07-2002, 12:22 AM
What do you prefer the light side or the darkside?

Darklighter
07-07-2002, 12:45 AM
Darkside I say. Are you talking about multiplayer?

I am more of a lightside person, but i can't resist using lightening and grip. I kind of prefer to attack than defend.

Steg
07-07-2002, 04:50 AM
light side all the way
both SP and MP
nothing beats abosrbing all that annoying lightning then puching/pulliing and speeding ur opponent into oblivion!

Steg

JandoFett1842
07-07-2002, 08:47 AM
The Dark side forever dominates my JO destaney. But still i hate grippers, cheep bastardes, much beter to push/pull someone off a cliff than grip them over one!!!!

Yoda_623
07-07-2002, 10:34 AM
I like light side. I use heal and mind trick a lot so its good for me.

Homosexual Ewok
07-07-2002, 12:15 PM
You know I used to say people who stuck with the Dark side after v1.03 came out were destined for failure. But as of late, on Full Force duels, I have seen some incredibly clever and effective Dark Side players.

:lightning

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-07-2002, 04:49 PM
Depends...

Light if I'm the flag rusher on CTF (Absorb, Mind Tricks, Protect)
DARK if I'm defending on CTF (Grip, Drain, Lightning)

I like to use different tactics in different games.

Chewie Bakker
07-07-2002, 05:12 PM
I mostly play light side, but on occasion try out the dark side for a bit of variety. I payed for the game, so I use both.

My favoured weapon is the lightsaber, but it's fun using homing rockets and other weapons.

Mostly I play as the Jedi though. :slsaber:

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.

NerfYoda
07-07-2002, 05:58 PM
I'm a light sider because I'm primarily a defensive player. That would explain my low scores on all the servers. :)

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-07-2002, 07:29 PM
yeah i think the darkside is cool, but the lightside always wins:OP

Agen
07-07-2002, 10:14 PM
If you know how to work the darkside well you will do very good, suppsoed to be the other way about tho, Darkside- all brawn and no brain Lightside- Which strategy should i use now? hmmmm

Kstar__2
07-08-2002, 04:32 AM
Darkside in MP!, becouse you can actualy hurt someone, without using a weapon, but in SP, i'm the nice guy, and play with lightside. just cuz itz kyle, and who wants to be a baddas darksider, if you can have jan?

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-08-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Chewie Bakker
I mostly play light side, but on occasion try out the dark side for a bit of variety. I payed for the game, so I use both.

LOL :lol:

I like that. People who didn't pay for the game should only be able to play as Rodian's with the Bryar pistol, and no force.

:rodian: - Dook!

James Brophy
07-08-2002, 05:54 AM
im still not sure i made this post to prove to my friend that the darkside was better but it has backfired!:lol: :lol:

Lord_PhilMil
07-08-2002, 07:33 AM
Darkside is the best unless you are in a duel then light side but I almost never duel anymore.
By the way, Absorb is such a cheezy power!!

darthbong
07-08-2002, 07:54 AM
i began onb the dark side lighting people silly, and cokeing them (one of my fav things to do was grip them and toss them off of the edge of something ;) ) but after seeing AOTC (i also saw ep.1, 4, 5, & 6 that day) I relized the error of my ways and converted to the light side, useing it for defense more and crafting my skills with a light saber to strike down those who oppose me. :lightning :syoda:

Hanch Saode
07-08-2002, 08:30 AM
I tend to use Light Side...

Guess it's just my personality who is having it's play about that!!

:) :D

XERXES
07-08-2002, 08:30 AM
yes, im bad...i use the darkside. all you lightsiders, you dont know what your missin... but usually i play in no force servers.

QuietSith
07-08-2002, 08:40 AM
It's all in the name.

IronJedi Kaga
07-08-2002, 08:48 AM
Darkside is more fun and has the cooler powers IMO. However if nothing but winning matters, lightside is the better choice because of absorb.

Shadow Angel
07-09-2002, 04:44 AM
I don't get it. More people post for Dark, but there are more Light votes.

I am definitely Dark Side. All those Absorb and Protect moves are cheesy. Who wants to use those when you can use GRIP and LIGHTNING?

I guess it's after the Yoda craze that everyone's converting to the Light Side and the Jedi. *sigh* Damn that little green bastard.

Hanch Saode
07-09-2002, 05:35 AM
Bah!! That little cute green fella'! He's so lovely!

Hey, I noticed it too! That thing about more Light votes than Dark votes, and then a lot of posts favouring Dark side....weird....smells.....weird......

I sence a disturbance.... :confused:

Agen
07-09-2002, 05:39 AM
Lightside is better in 1.03 so alot of people who want to win will go light, but a smart darkie can always win *cough* rage drain *cough*

thaumaturgy
07-09-2002, 05:48 AM
The best defense is a good offense. Dark Side, baby.

"Evil always wins, because Good is dumb." -Spaceballs

Pada-Wan
07-09-2002, 06:04 AM
"I guess it's after the Yoda craze that everyone's converting to the Light Side and the Jedi. *sigh* Damn that little green bastard."

Weak in you, the force is

XERXES
07-09-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Pada-Wan
"I guess it's after the Yoda craze that everyone's converting to the Light Side and the Jedi. *sigh* Damn that little green bastard."

i havent:D

JandoFett1842
07-09-2002, 07:58 AM
Dark Side only bacfires when u use that one force power (fergot, cuz i dont use it). I know some really good Light Siders, like this guy i played last night, TheGhost, but those lightsiders who think that they are all that when they use mind trick to escape during a battle or sneek up on u are pussys. I can shoot them even when i cant see them!

darthbong
07-09-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Pada-Wan

I agree. He Knows not the power of the LIGHT side.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yoda/img/movie3_bg.jpg

Shadow Angel
07-09-2002, 07:34 PM
Whoa, that is one crisp and clean pic.

And I didn't say that the the Dark Side is better "just because."

I have no use for Mind Trick, or Absorb, or Protect. (well, maybe Mind Trick, a little.) I just do my best not to get hit. If I do have to die, I don't mind respawning that much. At least I start with a full Force bar.

I find the Dark Side powers not only an alternative weapon when you run out of ammo, but it's much more entertaining to use. Who doesn't like choking or shocking their opponents to death?

Well, like I said, most people since the the Yoda fight here are Light-Siders, Yoda fans, etc. As for non-JKII stuff, I find the Dark Side users, like Vader and Sidious, much better characters than than the Jedi. The only Jedi I really like is Luke (which is, like, the least favorite of the Light Siders, hehe.)

Just my opinion. Dark Side forever.

[*TK*]Mr.Kill
07-09-2002, 07:41 PM
i use both but in sp i use lightning heal grip and push alot

i only use push grip and lightning in mp

Duelist
07-09-2002, 07:41 PM
I agree very much with Shadow Angel.

Moreover, Drain is always better than Heal because of the radius in which Drain affects.
Lightning is just plain entertaining :emperor:

Although having said these, I'm still learning to side with the Light. Abandoning Lightning and Drain is hard... :tsk:

DarthCobra
07-09-2002, 09:37 PM
Darkside = offensive
Lightside= defensive

I personally like the darkside cause im an offensive kinda person and i think grip is really fun tossing ppl real far :)

Though I dont use lightning unless its being spammed already. Drain is a nice replacement for absorb/heal. Seeing counters mind trick (always spend the 2 force points)

You decide.

Obi-Doo
07-10-2002, 08:31 AM
Remember:

DarthCobra
07-10-2002, 08:57 AM
If thats spose to imply the darkside is only for cheaters. Thats about the stupidest thing ive heard.

Uranium - 235
07-10-2002, 09:02 AM
I use light side just because it's so incredibly overpowered. In Singleplayer I like Dark Side cuz it's so cool. Besides all the geeks that horde in this forum get angry when I say Darth Vader is coolest badass (And Mark Hamil can't act.)

Mind Trick: Quick little force use. Counter with Seeing. BUT: Seeing is sustained! BIG WASTE OF FORCE! AGH! Invisible!?

Absorb: Sustained. Force doesn't affect you and it recharges your um.. thing. vs Drain: Total loss of force leaves YOU with LESS.

Heal: Nothing much. About the only LS power that isn't toally n00bified and cheap.

Team Heal: *Yawn*

Lightning: Little damage. Have to aim it. Big force drain and if you have a dark monitor like me you can't see if they're using Absorb and you're wasting your time.

Grip: Decent, but I have a problem with accidently tapping the force key and gripping someone, and then I just wasted my stock. Easily countered, unlike Light Side powers.

Dark Rage: Only okay. Moving slow is a good way to die, however.

Raven ****ed the Dark Siders up the ass. Lightsiders are the JK2 equivilent of "Newbies for life"

Chewie Bakker
07-10-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Uranium - 235
Raven ****ed the Dark Siders up the ass. Lightsiders are the JK2 equivilent of "Newbies for life"

I disagree. The lightside - when played properly - is purely for defense against the darkside. The darkside is purely offensive.

There's nothing wrong with the game as far as the programming is concerned. It's how people use the Force powers which is the problem.

Chewie Bakker
07-10-2002, 12:32 PM
...and The Dark Side is not for cheaters. Just look at all the lamers who spam the Absorb+Pull+Backstab combination.

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.

MrYepp
07-10-2002, 02:59 PM
By liking, I would go with darkside.

but it really depends on the situation.

ctf_ns_streets is really a bad map to not have absorb when you're playing with people that know what they're doing.

JediNyt
07-10-2002, 03:13 PM
I choose dark more than not especially in FFA games just cause it gives you more offensive power. But some people get carried away and assfight with lighting. Sheesh!:p

JediNyt
07-10-2002, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chewie Bakker
...and The Dark Side is [B]not for cheaters. Just look at all the lamers who spam the Absorb+Pull+Backstab combination.

I totally agree:mad:

Deus Proeliorum
07-10-2002, 07:41 PM
I think the Dark Side powers are so much cooler. I mean, THIS is POWER! But what can i say. they ALL can be countered by Absorb. On multi-player i find it a waste of time to use Darkside Force powers because of Absorb.

Light Side powers are simply boring. Healing, even at rank 3, simply isn't economical. ditto for Protection, and with Mind Trick the game is up quickly. Most of the time i just go around using the lightsaber alone, slashing and throwing, and toggling on Absorb when i run into an avid Darksider.:evanpiel:

vizor
07-27-2002, 02:21 PM
the dark side is stronger then the lightside.
i thing lightining grip rage and drain is better then protection
and the other s**t.

i am a sith and i dont want to go to the lightside
someone sayed: you must find to the light

i say:you already found the light but see what the dark is good for!!!!!

Diablos
07-27-2002, 05:08 PM
id definiately say the dark side. one reason is it awesome to act like palpatine or vader when ur frying or choking someone :lightning + :vadar: = :D then again some part of choice depends on the situation. ur screwed if u dont have absorb on ctf_ns_streets. i feel a fairly experienced player would love dark side, cause if ur opponent has absorb, shoot em or slash em. there is a little trick i like using with dark force and the red style. . .

Robrob
07-27-2002, 05:31 PM
I prefer the light side but can switch to dark if needed.