PDA

View Full Version : Scenarios. The death of SWGB on the zone?

DarthMaulUK
07-07-2002, 09:02 AM
I believe this is going to be the case. Too many rubbish scenarios are taking up space in the RM (Random Map) room and should be in the Scenario room.

RM'ers are finding it difficult to play their games now and are turning their backs on playing on the zone. Something that causes me concern.

Everyone is entitled to play their games - but in the correct rooms and it would be nice to see people from here lead the way.

With Scenarios, I have found so many reworkings of 'Senate' , 'fort blood' - which i like but someone else has re-worked it so the host has a massive advantage, meaning that even playing the game is a waste of time.

Once the new look GB.com is up and running, I will focus alot on online playing as I am getting a little upset with the emails I get from people saying that they wont play online due to the Scenario guys taking up room in the RM room.

On a trip to the zone, out of the 51 rooms - 38 were scenarios. Naturally I will be seeing what the zone can do to help.

Views welcome.
DMUK

Chimaera_JAB
07-07-2002, 09:49 AM
I am a big supporter of this cause. DarthMaulUK speaks for many people when he speaks and has a firm grasp on the community in general. I am the founder of one of the still active clans and would like Lucas Arts to do anything it can do to make the online gaming experience more enjoyable for those whom have bought and play its products on The Zone.

If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.

Respectfully,

Chimaera_JAB
www.chimaeraclan.net

AU_Andy_Ewok
07-07-2002, 07:06 PM
I don't know wether it's LA or the Zone but this game is dieing because of the way it is hosted on the zone.

Lots of small things make lead to a poor gaming experiance. The biggest problem is Death Match and Scenario games in the Random Map Room. There are separate rooms for these games styles but they are either too stupid or too lazy and decided to use the Random Map room.

Another problem is how the Restore rooms don't work. This isn't a huge problem but what's the point in having rooms that don't work?

No rated rooms is another mystery. Most RTS games on the zone have rated rooms. But SWGB made on the same game engine as AOK doesn't have rated. Rated rooms is a must it keeps players competitive and makes the less good players want to learn so they can get higher scores.

The rooms are too small. They need to make a 75 game rooms. This wouldn't be a problem if Death match and scenario games where in there own room.

They way to fix this would be too fix the rooms so you can only launch RM games in RM rooms and DM games in DM. It's been done in AoK and is the answer for this game. This is first priority. We also need the Restore and rated rooms fixed but that's another matter....

AU_Andy_Ewok

DIO_OsiRis
07-08-2002, 02:56 AM
I wanted to register my support for what DarthmaulUK is saying, the RM rooms are becoming so crowded with non RM games that people are giving up playing the game and going elsewhere.

Please Act now to stop the rot.

DIO_OsiRis.

http://www.clubs.battlestats.com/clans/DIO/

culligan_man
07-08-2002, 07:31 AM
I'm about to buy this game but reading all these posts is scaring me a little........who can be emailed about rated rooms?.

Dschädei
07-08-2002, 07:51 AM
I completely agree with whats been stated in this post.

I wouldnt like to see SW GB or SW GB CC die anytime soon.

AU_Skythe
07-08-2002, 12:09 PM
Yes i agree with this all. I know there are many more people who want the Scenarios (particulary) and DM games out of RM Rooms. Personally i dont have a problem with the DM games and dont mind a scenario or two myself but now its just ridiculous.

Im sure many other people share these views but they just cant be bothered to voiice their opinions :)

ED_oscar1
07-08-2002, 04:31 PM
i think they should play in the ohter pescifiv rooms.
i play scenario too but evryone always plays them in the rm room.
so im stuck playing scenarios in the rm room too.
if i could play them in a scenario room i would

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF ALL WAS SO EASY
WHY NONE WOULD SUFFER IN THIS WORLD
“zidane in i want to be youre candery (final fantasy 9)”

Fishflesh
07-08-2002, 08:29 PM
agree

í have try to confince popole at the zone for a week but thay dident lissen.

at the end of the week i was angry about it and i treid to boycott
rooms whitout sucses maxsimum was 5 and the members+ did not alow it

so i gess this problem wil never get soleved!:rolleyes:

stormtroop
07-09-2002, 08:45 PM
i think that msn should ban people who exploit the zone.
when you look at the title radom game you exspect to see random games in this area but instead there is load of crap sciernois in the zone

SiTh_l7arius
07-10-2002, 12:09 AM
Scenarios. The death of SWGB on the zone?
Sounds more like a polemic than a real problem :P
Maximum players i ever seen at this game must be somethin like 600.
Theres 30 SWGB rooms (18 SWGB, 12 CC) without trialversion rooms
51 tables per rooms.
51 x 30 ... 1530 ;)
I dont really care how the room is called, *Rm*, *Dm*, *Gallactic Tyranny* as long as i can play.
Even though, i m trying to play in dm rooms now.
Peace.
l7arius

pbguy1211
07-10-2002, 02:19 AM
It's more annoying than anything. When you go into a Random Map room and you see a Hero or Jedi Fest, an RPG, a Senate game (don't even get me started on these), or someone farting around in a room and locking it so no one else can use it while they hold it for 5 hours.
For example, at 1:15pm US Eastern Time, there were 7 rooms out of 51 that were random map rooms. All the others were filled. The others were filled with Senates, Jedi/Sith Fests, Cronoball, RPGs and a couple of Manhunts...
Why is it so hard for these people to go to a Scenario room?

I find it more fun to play the computer these day. And at least the computer doesn't do this in the set up room....

Moron: 9

I'm done venting... for now.

KhaleeLah
07-10-2002, 05:36 AM
I didn't even play the scenarios that came WITH the game. Why the H**L would I want to play them on the zone?

The sooner we get rid of these morons, the better.

KL

giantcorn
07-10-2002, 03:13 PM
well, i've had enough of it too. i am going out to buy a new game tomorrow. it's just not worth the time and aggrevation to find an RM game with all the BS scenarios and DMers crowding the RM room. i'm also tired of people locking themselves in rooms just to show the world they have room #1.

i really like the game and i have lots of friends from SWGB but if it stops being fun, then i'm not playing. i may drop by once in a while, but pretty much this is it for me.

for all of you who i have gotten to know, i hope i will see you in other games. my free time will be better spent learning to play a game that i can actually enjoy online.

stormtroop
07-10-2002, 03:58 PM
why dont we all sign a pentiton saying that we want the screanioro people to go in there rooms and the random map people go in there room thats how easy it can be solved but know they have to keep on doing to annoy people if i was you i would just not join there game and take the mick saying there map is crap.or all of the members here at lucas forums could hog all the rooms for hours and hours and say we aint giving them up until the gameroom hoggers go away

DarthMaulUK
07-10-2002, 07:33 PM
I have been trying over the past few days to get people into the Scenario rooms to play their games

To some extent, it worked - managed to get around 20 in there the other day - a room record!

I did notice a few in there yesterday and the DM'ers are starting to use their room (well done guys). However, I had a major debate with a Scenario player and they just couldn't get it into their head.

They claim that RM'ers should move to another room which enraged me and after speaking to Matthew Keast (lead test on this game) even he is upset by whats going on.

It is all zone politics - Lucasarts must have upset Microsoft for whatever reason but the bottom line is that the community is suffering.

I appeal to every single GB.com member who plays on the zone - PLEASE make the effort to play in the correct rooms. If you want to play a Scenario game, host it in the Scenario room but advertise it in the RM room. People will move over and more will if we all do are part.

I am sick of the selfish attitude being taken by some. RM'ers can't get a game in their room and this is wrong. New players and even new members have signed to this forum just to vent their anger.

Being a zone + now I am allowed to ask people to move, and I am working on removing people who host Scenario/DM games in the RM room.

We are a community - lets act like one.

DMUK

stormtroop
07-10-2002, 08:49 PM
this is grt new and i think we should make a team dedicated to getting people to go in the right rooms and we can boycott the rooms to show them what its like i would like to join forces with you darth maul on this matter if you think this is a good idea email me seniorure@hotmail.com or privite me or post back in this forumm
we can do it if we work together

AU_Skythe
07-10-2002, 09:47 PM
i think online petition is the best idea, boycotting will not do anything you will just get booted by some +mplus, we have already started losing members and surely there are more to go.

giantcorn, tho i only played one game with u im sure everyone will miss someone of your skill ^^

stormtroop
07-10-2002, 11:07 PM
yeah alright maybeboycotting not thatgood but what about sending the oweners of the room lots of email complaints about this matter.again though im thinkinhgabout,making a team to discuss this matter maybe a net meeting on msn messenging.so pls emailorreply about this matter. seniorure@hotmail.com

giantcorn
07-11-2002, 12:49 AM
DMUK, i know you are putting in alot of effort into this website and this game, and alot of people appreciate it. but maybe the next time you talk to Keast about the game, you need to remind him that by the time they fix the zone problems, there will be no more RM players left.

part of the reason i am giving up is i know at least a dozen other high inter/expert players who are now playing other RTS games and not SWGB. not because the other games are better, but because we can't find a game on the zone.

when an expert, someone who has put the most time into learning and playing this game, quits because the zone is joke, there are some serious problems. i think i was one of the most dedicated players out there for almost a year, and even i've had enough.

Keast and other LA people may not be bothered by 10-15 people leaving the zone, but they should be concerned. we were the first players on the zone, we formed the community, first posted on all the forums, and were the backbone of SW online. as we move on to other games, other players will follow us, and this community and this game will slowly die.

DarthMaulUK
07-11-2002, 01:41 AM
I was hoping that with the release of the patch, the rooms will get the coding needed to make the correct games slot into the correct rooms.

It doesnt look like it will :-(

I did speak to him briefly about it but he I doubt he can do much. I will email my marketing contact at LA to see if they can get some response from Garry Gaber or anyone from their tech department.

Either way, this childish behaviour from both LA & MSN Zone has to stop. Garry Gaber showed us a new direction from LA in terms of listening to the community, lets hope it continues.

DMUK.

DarthMaulUK
07-11-2002, 01:54 AM
I have emailed LA and I will keep my fingers crossed. If I don't get much joy, I will email Garry Gaber and hopefully he can help. Lets face it, he is a fan of the game and plays it.

This is what I have said:

'Hi heather.

This is really a matter for Garry Gaber and it would be great if you could forward this to him.

On the MSN ZONE, they have rooms for each type of game for SWGB. RM, DM, Scenarios. However, currently, all the Scenario guys flood into the RM room - leaving no room to play RM games.

Rm'ers are quitting this game in their dozens and I am getting emails and posts on our forum about how unhappy RMers are becoming with this whole situation.

As a MSN ZONE moderator, I am trying to get people to play in the correct rooms - a slow process and I feel by the time I succeed, there will be no RM left.

Example. One day, from 51 rooms, 38 were scenarios, 5 DMs, a handful of RMs and a few were locked, so no one could play.

I dont know what LA have done to upset MSN Zone, or vice versa but someone has to act and I believe and hope that Garry could be the 'Knight in Shinning Armour'!

You guys MUST communicate with the ZONE to get this matter sorted out for the sake of the shrinking community. Come on, show us you really do care :-)))

Thanks for your time.'

DMUK

stormtroop
07-11-2002, 04:19 PM
thats grt news darthmauluk and lets hope we get a decent reply.and as soon as you get a reply make sure you you post the repy straight away.in the mean time pls vist my subject titled msn_thez zone rooms i think its something like that

CorranSec
07-11-2002, 05:26 PM
Hey people.
Though I am a newcomer to the Zone SWGB community, I still strongly support DarthMaul UK's cause. These scenario and death match people need to be sorted out or the game will die, and the people in charge.... whoever they are... need to be convinced to do something!!!
If there's anything I can do to help you, please tell me.
Thanks for bringing this up, it is a very important topic.

KhaleeLah
07-11-2002, 10:37 PM
It's getting worse people....

I FINALLY managed to get my own room to host an RM game in the RM room, and guess what? Had a HARD time finding anybody to play. RMers are definately going elsewhere.

KL

AU_Armageddon
07-11-2002, 11:51 PM
I hate to admit it, but even my infinite patience in this regard is being tested out here. The truth is, this patch is quite simply the final hope LA has to rectify the problem. War3, AOM alpha, and even titles like NWN are gaining an uneccessary boost to their already competitive appeal.

People have been coping without Rated (albeit it has cost the game MOST severely), but this garbage with the rooms has become the straw that is 'breaking the camel's back'.

There is an alternative solution to the rooms that I am unsure as to why it has not been pursued. The 'default' room (Galactic Tyrranny) should be changed to a Scenario Room instead with the RM rooms moved lower. For the world of me, I cannot imagine why this has not been done. RM players are typically older, more conscientous, and have always demonstrated a greater commitment to the game. It is logical (for more reasons than this) to assume that they would be more likely to take to using the correct rooms if they were retitled accordingly.

However, it is possibly too late even for that simple solution. The bottom line right now is that if this patch doesn't accompany some of the core changes which ironically would have been welcomed more strongly than an x-pac, the number of otherwise committed players (i.e. the experts/goods/high ints) that will leave will see to the effective death of all of the strategy forums and the end of competetive RM.

Duke Straykker
07-12-2002, 12:29 AM
Armageddon, I actually said something like that in a previous post of mine. Why not try switching the names of the game rooms, I think all they want is to be in the first rooms, maybe that will leave them.....

Also, I hardly ever, if at all play at the zone, sadly. But, If you guys are willing, I am there for you guys as another man in the blockade wall ;)

DarthMaulUK
07-12-2002, 01:31 AM
This is something I am praying that the patch brings. Either way, MSN ZONE has to change the rooms to allow the patch to work, I really hope that they also change the rooms.

I dont care were the RM rooms are, but we need them and we need to make sure that the Scenarios dont move in there.

Fingers crossed for later today.

DMUK

Yuuzhan
07-12-2002, 03:07 AM
Ok, I DON'T normaly post messages on boards like this but this is getting WAY outta hand. Today is 7/11 and at noon in both the SWGB and CC RM 1 Lobbys(that being 102 games all told) there are just 9 RM games. Whats the answer?? I don't know but I have some ideas.
For starters telling the people that play scenarios or DM all the time to go to the correct room isn't going to get anything done. Its either kids that won't listen or stuborn teens/adults. Its like talking to dead man.
So what to do about it. 1) Well we could get a bunch of people to send The Zone an e-mail asking for more games pre lobby. Say around 70 maby. 2) Ask The Zone to change the names back to Galactic Tyranny and things like that and let anyone play anything......anywhere(not crazy about that one). 3) Fianally we could go the hard route. This last one won't be easy and would need DMUK to spearhead it but.....a online petition perhaps started right here with enough people siging it would be hard to ingore. If u take the fact that at most there are 600 people in SWGB at peak time we would need 300 to 400 people to sign it. This seems to be the best answer in my view.
I'd like to end by sayin that I do play a scenario every now and again but have mostly stuck to RM as late because this is a problem that needs fixed so I will boycott scenarios til then. I'm not a GREAT RMer but how can I get better without any RM games to play?
Any commets and/or ideas?

Teabag
07-12-2002, 11:28 PM
How bout we ask Lucasarts to create a patch that will give this game support on Heat, Gamespy, and M-player. That way there are alternatvies if MSN zone wants to be jerks.

Grey_Pilgrim
07-13-2002, 12:04 AM
whenever i go on the zone I look for a senate game. But yes as you said The RM rooms are for RM, terminate the commander etc. I see more DM the scenaios. I tried saying something about moving to the other rooms but they all thought I was weird so...

Grey_Pilgrim
07-13-2002, 12:07 AM
Oh yeah. Room 2 for for CC has lots of empty games. But i will try to convince people to move.
:deathii:

MontyCora
07-13-2002, 12:16 AM
I agree completely with DMUK. I play lots of Scenarios cuz i like some of them, but recently they are beginning to suck........... like kids changing them so they will always win...........

I have been playing RM games recently. Even though I stink pretty bad, but thats how you get better. My streak: 1W/1L!!

Anywho, if the Scenaro kiddies would goto Scenario Room, I would go. I have been trying to host Scenarios in the Scenario Room and advertising in other rooms, but with very little success. I think people are just too lazy to goto the Scenario Room to play.

Either the Zone needs to take some action to fix this, or they could just change the name of CC Random Map 1 to something like "All Games", and make CC RM 2 be the first room.

:guard::guard::emperor::guard::guard:

Grey_Pilgrim
07-13-2002, 12:25 AM
I remember when it was "galactic tyranny" "rebel alliance" "sith masters" etc. It was alot easier then. Now we go into the CC RM rooms to find hero fests, fort blood, and deathmatch everywhere. I just went on there to find a few people in the DM room and no one in the scenario. I dont know how we'll ever get this to stop. :bdroid2:

DAoC_Purelight
07-13-2002, 02:55 AM
Just to be the voice of reason here, the scenario players are not totally at fault. I see Lucus Arts as having a lot more of the blame. They totally copied AoK, but only changed units without improving ANYTHING. The graphics are bad enough for any game, but for Lucus Arts (a graphics company) the graphics on this game are completely worthless $H!T. The AI also is not any better than aok, it may even be worse. Now all of this is insane due to the fact that GB came out 2 years after aok. THIS IS THE MAIN ReASON PEOPLE LEAVE.

I don't see scenarios as the death of GB, I see them as the only thing keeping it alive. There is absolutely no reason to play RM games when aok has better players, rated rooms, same gameplay and graphics, and MUCH better unit balance. The only thing GB has going for it is the scenarios because that is the only thing that is at all different from aok.

I have made an RPG scenario based on SWG, but thats only because I find no challenge in RM here. All the rm experts are in aok and I find no challenge in rm if the team isn't sided against me.

And another thing, why do we not have 75 game rooms like most other games, including aok?

PS. I agree senate is boring and worthless

DarthMaulUK
07-13-2002, 03:15 AM
The game having 'bad graphics' has nothing to do with what is happening on the zone.

Scenario players ARE killing GB off by taking up slots that are meant for the RM players. Like people have said here, its totally selfish.

Decent RM players and even new ones cant find a game and are leaving the zone to play off line. The fact that SWGB uses the AOK game engine wasnt actually a shock to anyone - we already knew - hence why alot of people bought it.

I hope that with the release of the patch, Scenario players are FORCED to play in the correct room, with the zone adding the new 1.1 patch for CC, I hope they sort out the rooms.

DMUK

MontyCora
07-13-2002, 06:38 AM
I remember when the rooms were called "Rebel Alliance" "Jedi Knight" and other things. I think that might be part of the reason why people don't goto the right rooms. They just ignore the name.

JediMasterEd
07-13-2002, 09:59 AM
i have seen a number of senarios on the games and they are gettin me and other ppl really angry. word for the wise, there are other room to play in though. there are 4 Random Maps Games, 4 DM games and 2 custom maps. its like they don't see the room "Custom Maps Room 1 and 2." God, ppl are so blind sometimes. i just went to the game room, more than half are scenarios. this is sad. is this the fate of GB CC?

Duke Straykker
07-14-2002, 06:10 AM
Armageddon, I have great respect for you, and AU, your clan. But when I member of your clan, apparently a high ranking member, is doing exactly the opposite of your views, and hosting Scenario games in the RM room, and swearing repetitively at me, all for telling him there is a room specifically FOR Scenarios, I find it hard to repect AU as much as I should, and would like to.

If you would like this members name I have it for you, but I would like to try and keep it quiet as muchas I can on the forums as not to cause any embarassment.

Lex
07-14-2002, 07:59 PM
:swear: all thoose gay scenarios ruined the RM rooms, get rid of em!! hopefully the patch wil change sumthin...

pbguy1211
07-15-2002, 04:54 AM
The most lame scenario to ever exist BY FAR is a Senate game.
I mean, how hard is it to win a game, that you make, by giving yourself a ridiculously unfair advantage to begin with? Ooh, I'll give myself a deathstar with 30,000 hit points and a severe amount of attack power that will wipe most enemies out with one shot. That's fair... give me a break. These lamers wouldn't last 20 minutes in an RM room....

DK_Viceroy
07-15-2002, 09:20 PM
Random map Means Any map and a scenario is a map so there is no complaint and some people could just go into another room and the boycotters don't help because they take up rooms and just sit there which means that it is being wasted :lsduel: it is a fight of wills really everyone at some point in time goes into scenarios and then they have the cheak to complain Even my Clan is guilty of it we do use random map room 2 which is always next to empty :deathii: when the random map room 1 is always full :deathstar it's silly but at least we don't clog up other rooms people who want random maps should just go into random map 2 it means that there is a place for peolpe to play so it means that they can't complain about scenario rooms or you could always go into the scenario rooms since NO ONE uses them :bdroid1: i do understand what everyone is saying though it is paathetic they should rename the rooms but i am most angry with people locking themselves in rooms or using them for chat instead they should go to msn chat it's pathetic :o and just plain daft and a patch would just make people angry for some of theses scenarios people spend months it would be a shame for that to go to waste the best soloution is what has already been suggested changing the rooms to name like galactic tyranny and sith lords and things and try to make them bigger say a 149 more to take each room up to a round 200 clear up the lag and make more lobby's say 6 more taking it up to ten then no one can make a justified honest complaint.:cool:

DK_Viceroy

http://www.geocities.com/dk_viceroy/

For Honour

simwiz2
07-16-2002, 02:27 PM
Yes, it is sad but true that CC is dying because of scenarios in the RM room. Unfortunately though I think it is too late. Already finding even inters is next to impossible, and that is if a room can be obtained. In terms of RM games, CC is already dead IMO. :( If nothing is done then the RM room will be full of scenarios, but if something is done the RM room may well be empty, the way things are going right now.

Lex
07-16-2002, 03:46 PM
I C we will never get rid of the scenarios.......why do u think is it random map room 1???? go away!!!!!!!!!

Talon__Raiden
07-17-2002, 07:08 PM
I enjoy both a good RM and Scenario, I hate it when a host decides to give himself the advantage but there will always be such fools but as we all know CC random map one and GB randpm map pne are the rooms with the most players and to add to this on most days at least 5-8 rooms are locked up or camped by people not there and it just aint fair. If you can get enuff people to go to the scenario room them i would have no objectio n hosting and playing games there and i don't tink most people would

Fishflesh
07-17-2002, 07:45 PM
i tried to get pepole to sceinrio room and it workt

did get 10 pepole in there

then sudenly everybody left:(

Lex
07-17-2002, 08:28 PM
keep trying, your nooble deeds will be honored :p

captain_drake
07-17-2002, 08:47 PM
i love playing Senerios
a good hero fest game now and then is very nice but i do have to agree
it would be nice to go into a certain room for a certain game
but alas i don't see that happaing anytime soon

DAoC_Purelight
07-18-2002, 01:09 AM
If yall must continue complaining about this, why don't you go and do something about it. The main reason people don't go to the scenario room is because it is always empty. If you want to help fix this, join the scenario room as well as random room 1. You can have both open, and make the room look like it has more people. Get enough people to do it you may get the change you want.

Although again I am gonna say that I believe that scenarios are the only thing keeping GB alive. There is nothing in this game that is any better than AoK. Plus all the good RM players stayed in AoK as they wait for AoM. My point in my preious post was not to condeem GB, but point out that the only thing this game has over AoK is that there is a lot more potential for scenarios because of the focus of the units.

simwiz2
07-18-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by DAoC_Purelight
There is nothing in this game that is any better than AoK

IMO this game has much better balance than AoC has. I haven't played AoC in awhile so I don't remember which ones but there are a few civs that all the experts use, and the rest are n00b civs. Koreans got banned for being strong in DM, the patch made them worthless in RM. One of the civs, Chinese IIRC, was completely ruined by TC, and last time I bothered to play that game the Huns were a great expert civ.

This game also has better graphics than AoC. Ships explode in a plume of water when they are destroyed, rather than AoC's lame collapse into a piece of driftwood. They could have at least shown them sink or something. Buildings explode and it looks really cool in CC (cool enough for it to be worthwhile to make a realistic-looking scenario template of an entire map of stuff blowing up). AoC just had the building dissappear into a pile of rubble.

IMO this game is much better than AoC.

Fishflesh
07-18-2002, 01:51 AM
at this moment you got to get to cc scenario room and help get peeps!!!!!!!!!

over 35 now

whit 10 games

i just wish DMUK could see this

o there is now so mutch space in the RM Room!!!:beam1:

_Slash5_
07-18-2002, 11:22 PM
...only RM dies :(

DarthMaulUK
07-19-2002, 12:08 AM
You can't count scenarios as a competitive game. So, the game will have lots of scenario players. It doesnt take long before people get bored of the 'Senate', Jedi fest and other naff scenarios out there.

And lets face it, most of them can't make their own scenarios - they just hash up other peoples work and give themselves (the host) increased attack and hit points, making the whole experience a waste of time.

DMUK.

AU_Skythe
07-19-2002, 01:31 AM
Well Well, Rm is kinda dead aldready but is there any way you can use your authority and talk to some of the more Official +pluses DMUK and get them to change the settings so only RM games in RM rooms (i heard this was possible in AoC which is same engine as GB)

DarthMaulUK
07-19-2002, 02:03 AM
I was kinda hoping that the rooms who have been changed when the patch came out - since the MSN Zone tech team were already sorting the patch out....they didnt add the code needed.

Still, a few of us have some ideas up our sleeves...check MFO.

DMUK

Dvlos
07-19-2002, 08:49 PM
I used to play CC/SWGB all the friggin time I personally enjoy pure random maps/dm's not all these custom made scenarios!!!!!!

END IT... At least go to a different room for Custom Games and RM in the other... I've actually gone back to STARCRAFT just to get the feel of hectic true RTS build/conquer feel.

stormtroop
07-22-2002, 10:19 AM
i mean i once played a senete game and got wiped out straight away by a wokkie recruit

simwiz2
07-22-2002, 01:41 PM
In Senate games the host has the ability to produce unlimited units for free, so everyone else is trusting the host to be nice and not wipe everyone out instantly. While playing those games so that I could ruin them, fun became so scarce that I would resort to putting the Jedi Council into the "dissappear box" to obtain some amusement.

LSF_Tango1
07-27-2002, 05:08 PM
Well i agree with MaulUK all the way here so COME ON LUCAS! Give us a hand here.

Tango1
BSC game Sysop
LSF
Lt. General Tango1 of Rebel Alliance Army

MadFox
07-27-2002, 05:12 PM
Amen to that! They have their own room to play. It would be simpler if they just used it.

SiTh_PoVveIZs
07-27-2002, 05:30 PM
~~SiTh_PoVveIZs~~DM ExPErt~~

As a DM player its a different view for me. I've been playing SWGB on zone for over 1 year now and hoping to play this game online until it dies. But as I read all these posting I can remenber back to the old days when they had the rooms called "Galactic Tranny" etc...and now that we have these "DM, RM, and Scenario rooms" things have changed. I wouldnt mind going in my room (DM room)...but to tell u the truth it isnt fun playin in the chat room with yourself....now dont get me wrong..ive tried many times to get peeps to follow me into the DM rooms and it sometimes works..but only that day..and then the next day once again 0 peeps are in the room.:mad: and I don't think I should have to go threw the trouble of getting peeps in the DM room everyday...its a waste of my time and i could care less :D. I come on the zone to play the game and not to worry about what room im in... :p. It also seems to me like the most peeps who are complaining are the RMers I think they should'nt worry about it..its just a game guys..you should just not worry about whats going on...if RMers feel unhappy then you allways got that RM room 2 open :D. As long as im play on zone I will continue to go the RM room until DM players go to the DM room.:)

:flamethro:~~PoVveIZs~~:swear:

King Drax I
08-01-2002, 09:10 AM
My suggestion would originally have been that all we RM'ers move across en masse to another room, (scenarios room would appeal to my sense of justice/humour!) but the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that this would not work.

These are my reasons.

The main reason all the Scen. trolls go into the RM room is that there are lots of people in them. They see the '191 players' listing, they think (if that's the right word) 'Ah- more people- more chance of finding an opponent- I'll go in there'. What they fail to recognise is that, as has already been stated in this thread, if they all went into the Scen. room as they should, there would indeed be more _relevant_ people there in that room, i.e. people who want to play scenarios.

Now if we all move into another room, all the trolls will simply see the higher numbers in the room we have moved to, and follow us there like flies follow sh1t. We could then move back, and they'd follow us again. And so on. It doesn't occur to them that they'd find more scen. players willing to play if they went to the right room. These are brainless plods we are talking about here! :)

Now when I visit the RM room, there are always loads of people 'looking'. These folks are waiting to play a game, probably a RM game as they're in the RM room. If they wanted a scenario, they'd be in the games like a shot (there are certainly enough to choose from !! :().

So what I think I'll do is to go into another room (SCENARIOS!!!!), host a game, and advertise in the RM room. Hopefully some of the 'Waiting' players in RM room would come across to play. Yes, the trogs would follow but by the time they got there the game would have begun. It is possible to have two room windows open simultaneously, say RM and Scen. If more of us did that, we could switch between rooms no problem. Certainly, whenever I've hosted a RM game, the game has filled up very quickly. The players are there, it's just finding the space to meet and play that's the problem.

It would be even better if, as another forumer has suggested above, the Zone reset the room titles to the old 'Sith Lords', 'Jedi Masters', 'Rebel Alliance' and 'Galactic Tyranny', though. The trolls would still go to the highest populated room, but at least we RM'ers wouldn't feel as conscience-bound to stay in _our_ correct room when they force us out. This would be loads better.

DMUK, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

darthsabatino
08-08-2002, 10:21 PM
I agree with DarthMaul, there are way to many scenarios and DM games going on in the RM rooms on the zone. I like playing scenarios once in awhile, but usually I like to play a random map game and it's getting harder and harder to find one. I hope something is done about this.

:deathstar

Darth Windu
08-09-2002, 07:53 AM
In my opinion one of two things is going to happen-

1. Scenario's destroy online play
2. The incompetant retards who caused this problem in the first place will get off their butts and make it so that only random map games can be played in the random room and so on.

It would be a shame for SW:GB to die online because of the lazyness of a few people out there, and a group of people whom like to cheat and have an inability to read or understand english.

Sithmaster_821
08-09-2002, 04:04 PM
have an inability to read or understand english.
That sound a lot like some one i know.

Darth Windu
08-10-2002, 02:33 AM
This is about the current situation of random map death on-line, not insulting each other.

simwiz2
08-10-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

That sound a lot like some one i know.

That was a bit mean. AFAIK Windu hasn't said anything incredibly stupid in this thread yet, so there's no reason to insult him here (yet). :p

Sithmaster_821
08-10-2002, 10:46 PM
He was above his quota on many other threads, so this is just overflow critizism from other places.

CorranSec
08-11-2002, 03:38 AM
Ahh..... sith, simwiz, windu, you just can't stop arguing. It's funny, really. Every thread you're together in, it's insults and snide comments flying here, there and everywhere.
:D lol

Scenario games are getting on my nerves... I've played hero fest, jedi fest, blah blah blah, and to put it quite frankly, they are nothing compared to a good, decent, fair, enjoyable, RM game.
Even a DM (I'm not that good at them and don't like them as much as RM's) would be fine, they're good sometimes.
But RM's are the true game, what GB is all about. These hero flag ripoffs are getting old.
Sometimes, I allow, it's fun to get huge hordes of some kind of guy and tear your enemies to pieces. Sometimes. But I just enjoy RM's so much more. They're based on your real skill, your skill at playing the game, the game that LA designed, not games that other (and no offense, but not nearly as SKILLED people) have designed.
The scenario players need to be moved so GB and CC can survive as games and the majority of skilled players, RM players, will not give up and leave.