PDA

View Full Version : The dual saber cometh

Dest
07-07-2002, 12:29 PM
http://www.8op.com/dest123/JediMod.html - I'm seeing doubles

I'm close to adding dualsabers into the game. I have most of the server side stuff done and both of the sabers hit. The lines are red because I'm using G_TestLine since I dont have the clietnside stuff. I know there aren't really any dual saber animations but I don't care!

By the way thats not in the mod yet, I just put the pictures there because 8op denys direct picture links.

bacon
07-07-2002, 01:28 PM
Cartoon sabers O.o
Me suspects fake

DiscoFever
07-07-2002, 02:04 PM
hmm...fakey fakey fake

imo

Jaii der Herr
07-07-2002, 09:11 PM
Adding a second saber is not really difficulty. Adding new animations so that it look's good. That's the problem!

-Chrono_MOT-
07-07-2002, 10:32 PM
I guess no one bothered to check out my previous thread on this. New animations aren't possible, but the actual sabers themselves are. Here is an actual doctored pic (showing the lighting of the sabers, the hilts are real)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dortiz2k1/dualies1.jpg

Dest
07-08-2002, 03:08 AM
I think you missed the part where I said I was using G_TestLine. I haven't added in the clientside code so the actual second saber is not being drawn but the server knows it's there so you *can* hit people with your invisible 2nd saber. I'm going to add the client side code today and then you will belive me more :)

Dest
07-08-2002, 04:39 AM
chrono did your sabers actualy work? I mean could you hit people with the second one?

-Chrono_MOT-
07-08-2002, 05:56 AM
no, that's why I was looking for a coder to help me :P

but I did find out that if you substitute Tavion's stance for blue stance (or add it as a "green" stance) it looks much, much nicer.

I did that with my double saber model in SP and it looked fantastic...unfortunately only one saber was lit but since both hands were not swinging it did look like two sabers.

Here's a layout of what you need to do Dest:

1.) Get Tavion's stance in-game.
2.) Get the two-sabers being drawn working (find the variable that draws the destroyer's second blade, flip it and arc the tag to come out of a different variable location...this can be done, I know it can.)
3.) Use Tchouky's RGB mod to have two different colors.
4.) Get the damage working (obviously you have).
6.) Make it so that you stand still holding the saber with one hand instead of two.

There. Recipe for two sabers. PM me if you want the model that has two sabers in it. I'll try and make an md3 file for you if you want it. I believe we can do this 100% and I have faith in your coding friend. Let's make a double-saber mod team and have at it :P

Emon
07-08-2002, 07:30 AM
Oh man, you people think of such great stuff!

G_testline, ahhhah! What a great excuse for not being able to make a good looking saber in PS. Keep up the great fakes, they're funny. :)

t3rr0r
07-08-2002, 08:14 AM
emon quit being such an ass.

-Chrono_MOT-
07-08-2002, 08:51 AM
umm..have you even downloaded his mod? g_testline is in there idiot...geez.

don't worry, you won't be laughing so hard when we really have the mod working and you're kicking yourself in the head. I already said the above lit sabers photo that I had was fake, apart from the hilts being in both hands (which is very real).

The only thing left for Dest to do is to locate the code that ignites the bottom half of the destroyer, and to change the tag which it ignites from. If he does that, then anyone can make double sabers (based off of a single double saber model, which I currently have).

NickR
07-08-2002, 09:54 AM
Again Emon, Why are you such a prick?

G_TestLine is a valid game function in the JKII MP source code. Most of the coders on this coding forum would know that. But your not a coder are you? Why do you hang around in this forum for?

MysticSpade
07-08-2002, 10:23 AM
hey ppl what's up. I have the Tchouky scaling mod the RGB seems to work but the scaling part i can't get. But any ways y is there a link to DL this mod when it has no purpose with this mod, other then being uncoordinated. I don't want to sound rude but really what role does this mod play w/ your twin sabers.

-Chrono_MOT-
07-08-2002, 12:18 PM
Hey dest throw that mod my way so I can test it against my models and make sure you have the collision box set in the right place. also, let me know if you figure out what the ignition tag is for the destroyer's second blade, so I can change the tag on my models.

Emon
07-08-2002, 12:44 PM
Oh, you're serious... I thought that was meant as a joke...ok..good luck then.

Dest
07-08-2002, 02:01 PM
Success! check out http://www.8op.com/dest123/jedimod.htlm
(dont worry I took the link to download it off until I fix all my bugs heh)

At the moment both the sabers cant be hitting at the same time for some reason, but other than that they work nicely although they look pretty weird most of the time.

Source code isnt recent by the way.

Dest
07-08-2002, 02:14 PM
anyone know what animation numbers desann and tavion use for their styles?

Jaii der Herr
07-08-2002, 03:34 PM
look into the animation.c or whatever

BOTH_A4 etc. is desann
BOTH_A5 etc. is tavion

in the saberdata_t you will find the terms used in the code...

-Chrono_MOT-
07-08-2002, 08:08 PM
very good work. VERY good work I am incredibly impressed with you Dest. Now send me the damn mod so I can beta test it :)

Wait...got done looking at those screenshots.

OMFG you are the man. Now send me the damn mod! I have to test this out so I can make some doublesaber models!!

Congratulations buddy. Now if you could just figure out how do make the two sabers different colors with Tchouky's mod.

>-[The]-< *AsC*
07-08-2002, 08:19 PM
Ho my god ! Very very beautiful pics !! I can't wait for this mod !! With my Anakin's skin and Dooku's skin , i will remake the episode2 !

Dest
07-08-2002, 09:52 PM
There is a server runing the mod at 65.35.84.123 :28070

I still have some bugs to fix before I release it.

-Chrono_MOT-
07-08-2002, 10:44 PM
that's fine, I am going to go check it out right now (well, in an hour or so as soon as I get home for lunch) :)

any commands I should know of?

-Chrono_MOT-
07-09-2002, 01:02 AM
dest I can't get in because it's a pure server.

ihavedirt
07-09-2002, 01:07 AM
have you got auto download on? i got in without a problem

besides my bad ping :( 56k from oz

Dest
07-09-2002, 03:49 AM
if it wasnt pure then you could get in without clientside dualsaber code and your client would be very confused.

-Chrono_MOT-
07-09-2002, 04:12 AM
lol I gotcha, I enabled downloading and got in fine. posted some pics on the modeling to promote you. Good work man! This is all we have left to do (and I recommend that you don't release it until you figure at least one or two out):

1.) Tavion and Desann stances

2.) Different colored blades

3.) Ability to use one, two, three, or four ignited blades at once.

4.) Please take off that horrible client-side scaling. Everyone I was playing against used two destroyers and scaled themselves down so tiny they were impossible to hit.

5.) Keep that saber-throwing stuff, although it'd be cool to throw sabers people would abuse it to death.

studman0201
07-09-2002, 04:44 AM
The server has a password. What is the password?

is the server name Clan [Jedi]

NickR
07-09-2002, 06:00 AM
Good work man! This is all we have left to do
I'm sorry -Chrono_MOT- What have you done?

4.) Please take off that horrible client-side scaling. Everyone I was playing against used two destroyers and scaled themselves down so tiny they were impossible to hit.
Erm isn't the model scaling controlled by the server?

SithBrakiss
07-09-2002, 07:47 AM
I must admit,this is EXTREMELY impressive....i wish i had HALF the skill you had....
the only thing ive ever done is made a saber....cool tho...cause now i can use my Luke ROTJ saber and my Obi Wan Episode 2 saber....hehe

-Chrono_MOT-
07-09-2002, 07:47 AM
lol nick, typical n00b reply. you read too literally. never once did I say I had done anything, but in actuality I contributed quite a bit of info to Dest for use in this mod. A lot of ideas we had in common and that's when we realized this mod was going to be a reality.

second of all, yes - it is controlled by the server but clients can change their size using the server and make themselves incredibly small...or incredibly large.

shush - think before you reply, and be gone from this thread.

SithBrakiss
07-09-2002, 07:53 AM
Question: i dunno if this is offtopic or not....but where is the server...or can i know that?

NickR
07-09-2002, 10:05 AM
LOL -Chrono_MOT-, typical prick reply!

Just because someone doesn't have a large amount of posts under his belt doesn't mean he's a n00b. It means that possibly he doesn't spurt out loads of bull**** on threads when noone gives a dam what you say. Those ideas of yours were probably already in Dests mind before you blurted them out, just to make yourself look big.

Don't call me a n00b ever again right?

BTW Clients can't alter their size through the server since the scales themselves have only one entry point and that is through the cfg file, which only the admin can modify.

Oh and btw, contributing a bit of info is a far cry from actually helping him with the code, which I have done.

Jesus, How old are you anyway?

-Chrono_MOT-
07-09-2002, 10:10 AM
21, **** you n00b, and I'll say what I please. Who the hell are you anyway? When did you all of a sudden appear on the scene and assume that just because of this thread this idea has never come up before?

Thought so. How old are you?

NickR
07-09-2002, 10:20 AM
When did you all of a sudden appear on the scene and assume that just because of this thread this idea has never come up before?
LOL, Just because you registered on this forum first doesn't mean you were on the scene before me. Hell, this game just came out 2 months ago. God you arrogant prick.

BTW, I never said that this idea had never come up before. Jesus!!

Oh and I'm 21.

-Chrono_MOT-
07-09-2002, 10:49 AM
heh...I've been playing this game since it came out. I could care less any more, I'm done arguing with you. In case you didn't notice, you were the one who started attacking me, not the other way around. Get a damn clue my friend.

Dest
07-09-2002, 01:55 PM
I really just made the dualsaber mod cause people didnt think it could be done.

Oh and if the server has a password it means I'm testing client side code.

ihavedirt
07-09-2002, 01:59 PM
hey dest,

ive been playing on the server since last night and ive noticed that there are a few different mod options with the sabers and scaling of characters etc. a few people were asking how to do various things and i was just wondering if you have a list of the mods you were using.

for example:
/model yoda
/model tiny
/model large

* how to get the long sabers
* how to get characters the sizes of ants

i think there were possibly a few?

thanks

~* beau *~

NickR
07-09-2002, 11:21 PM
Dude I asked you some questions, I never attacked you. If I had attacked you, people would know it.

Now I'm done arguing with you.

NickR
07-10-2002, 01:12 AM
Here is a picture of me with a saber in the left hand.

http://nickrhead.users.btopenworld.com/images/shot0000.jpg

It was half of what is my own twin saber code. I'm about to test the twin saber code now so if it goes according to plan I'll post a pic for you guys.

Dest
07-10-2002, 01:24 AM
Cool nick, now try bolting it to limb 3 instead of 1 :) or maybe it was 2 instead of 1. It's pretty funny, you get a crotch saber :)

t3rr0r
07-10-2002, 01:26 AM
i see your schwartz is as big as mine. dest, you should imput right or left sabers incase a tenel ka model ever comes out. :D

-Chrono_MOT-
07-10-2002, 01:30 AM
very good. now all that's left is to get Tavion and Desann's unglitched stances in the game. For some reason you can see everyone else but your self using it.

When either of you figures out how to use two different hilts let me know so I can design some hilts for you to stick in your mod.

studman0201
07-10-2002, 01:40 AM
Hey dest would you be interested in me doing some animations, It wont be all new. For my styles I take all off the different styles and make the animations so the hands are never together.

I think it would be possible.

I've made Darth Maul Stance(soon to be released)

Working on a Yoda Stance

Check The Modeling Forum for more on this

NickR
07-10-2002, 02:12 AM
Dest is having trouble with the stances. It's wierd, I've managed to use both tavions and desanns stance in my code, it doesn't seem to be working for Dest though. :(

-Chrono_MOT-
07-10-2002, 02:33 AM
nick, for some odd reason in dest's code I get huge glitches in those stances. I can see everyone else using them no problem, but my guy glitches. I'd be happy to help beta test these, as I have a ton of time on my hands when I'm not admining for volaris.

NickR
07-10-2002, 04:20 AM
We've found the problem. Dest's if condition is not be set correctly on the client. He's working on it.

-Chrono_MOT-
07-10-2002, 04:39 AM
how about two different saber colors? or more importantly, how about not allowing two double-edges? seems a bit unfair if you ask me :P

I'm currently working on a nice SP mod so now I can go do something else :P

NickR
07-10-2002, 05:26 AM
my mod already makes sure that you can't have twin double bladed sabers and has a different colour for the second saber blade.

-Chrono_MOT-
07-10-2002, 05:40 AM
really? throw it my way so I can check it out. I'm eager to start modeling for these sorts of things (also want to make NPCs for MP map that use double sabers)

chronofanatik@yahoo.com

NickR
07-10-2002, 05:45 AM
Ok I got the dual saber colours working.

http://nickrhead.users.btopenworld.com/images/shot0001.jpg

-Chrono_MOT-
07-10-2002, 05:54 AM
I hope you guys are working together on this. It's already getting better and better :P

BTW, have you figured out how to use two different looking hilts? Or are you only using the same model twice? This is the kind of thing I wanted to look at because if you are only using the same saber model twice I dunno if you can use two different hilts. That's why I want to design two hilts for you guys for when you release your mod. ^_^

SithBrakiss
07-10-2002, 06:30 AM
i like that....anyways,Chrono,i'd Suggest a Plo Koon saber hilt.

Dest
07-10-2002, 07:42 AM
yeah I'm going to add in dual colors in a bit. Working on stances now

t3rr0r
07-10-2002, 09:32 AM
dest, have you figured out if you can make new stance colours?

Dest
07-10-2002, 10:28 AM
yes but I have it so if you have double sabers you only get two stances and you dont get those stances without doublesabers. So I'm just using blue and yellow for doublesaber stances.

t3rr0r
07-10-2002, 10:51 AM
in the future will saber selection be in the player menu, too?
/me can't wait to play the mod again... :D

bacon
07-10-2002, 11:04 AM
This mod is fun ^_^

I'll probably upload the 6 screenshots of it I have.

t3rr0r
07-10-2002, 11:24 AM
/me goes to page one when bacon thought the screens were fake ;)
look how far you've come. :D

Red Devil
07-10-2002, 11:34 PM
Where can i download it cuse the sorce code i packed and did not work and i want to download please

Dest
07-11-2002, 11:36 AM
menus scare me.

Zey
07-11-2002, 04:15 PM
Dest well done mate... it owned last night :)

Wicked Double Sabers...

What about assigning it to a stance? like a green stance, and have a new stance and moves with it?

Already got that special move sorted, it owns ;)

Well Done mate

Red Devil
07-12-2002, 12:17 AM
Please can some one send me the dual sabers gunnut14@msn.com

Tinny
07-12-2002, 02:22 AM
would it be possilbe to have dual blasters like jango fett? i don't think it would require new animations but that would own.

Wheezle
07-12-2002, 07:43 AM
how come I can't use this is my own server?

Dest
07-12-2002, 08:00 AM
yeah dual blasters could be done.

I haven't released the mod yet so you cant use it on your server yet...

t3rr0r
07-12-2002, 08:20 AM
dest, how far along are you in updating for 1.04?

Dest
07-12-2002, 08:45 AM
They havent said how to update mods for version 1.04 so I haven't done anything

t3rr0r
07-12-2002, 09:13 AM
and i can't play cause i can't degrade... :(

bacon
07-12-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by t3rr0r
and i can't play cause i can't degrade... :(

Here's something you should try for next time: THINK before DOING ;)

t3rr0r
07-12-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by bacon
THINK before DOING ;)
but i always leap before i look! :D anyway, someone should test the mod on 1.04 to see what is nerfed and take it from there.

Master Burner
07-14-2002, 07:21 AM
anyway what does Protocol 16 mean?? i can't join the game... even though i have tried updating :( :( :(

-Chrono_MOT-
07-14-2002, 07:41 AM
you have outdated client side code.

Sometimes you will get this error anyway (happened to me twice).

Restart JK and try and rejoin and you should be able to (if you downloaded 1.4)

Master Burner
07-14-2002, 07:43 AM
okay i'll try (the 1.04 patch is the assets5.pk3 right??)

EDIT:

damn didn't help :-\

tried to restart game rejoin server 3 times
all 3 times it says the thing with the "This server uses protocol 16".... maybe i should try and restart my computer?!

Dest
07-15-2002, 01:26 PM
JediMod v1.0 is released look for it on jediknightii.net

t3rr0r
07-15-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Dest
JediMod v1.0 is released look for it on jediknightii.net
w0000t. :D screenshot time! :D

Red Devil
07-15-2002, 11:17 PM
I can not find the mod :(

Red Devil
07-15-2002, 11:45 PM
I can find JediMod Beta 1 and not JediMod v1.0 the beta it says 2nd saber instance at top :( i can not have duel sabers how can i fix ??

rut-wa jodar
07-16-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Red Devil
I can find JediMod Beta 1 and not JediMod v1.0 the beta it says 2nd saber instance at top :( i can not have duel sabers how can i fix ??

Wait for JediMod v1.0 it should be available to download today. The beta version is buggy to say the least.

Dest
07-16-2002, 03:00 AM
try jk2file.com they are faster at uploading... maybe jediknightii.net got distracted and is playing my mod instead of uploading it :)

Red Devil
07-16-2002, 05:18 AM
k i got it but how can i sit on the floor like you did on a scerenshot on jk2files.com ???

Andy867
07-16-2002, 05:24 AM
Hey Dest, how come when running my ded server, I go into the game, and when I do the twosaber, it works, but at the top, it says Unknown cmd twosaber, and the same goes for sit, TheDestroyer, taunt... is there somethign I am missing???

MysticSpade
07-16-2002, 05:24 AM
I have it but it won't losd the mod correctly. It shows no stance indicator and none of the cmd's work. So either I left something out while DL'ing. But it works fine on other ppl's server's but i can't seem to load it on mine.

volrathxp
07-16-2002, 05:36 AM
was playing last night on the server with Chrono... I must say.. this mod is really great guys. The new command stuff like sit is pretty schweet. This mod keeps getting better and better and better. So what's planned for version 2.0? Dual weaponry. :p

oh and before I forget, have you guys figured out how to scale weapon fire yet? cuz if you scale yourself really small, like .1 - .2, all the weapon fire is the same size as it would be if you were like 1 or so. also weaponry tends to fire from where it would be if your were scaled at 1 at that size as well. hmm.. just a thought.

Love it guys!

Toonces
07-16-2002, 07:33 AM
Fantastic mod Dest, by far the best one out. My favorate little feature though, when you toss your saber at someone they can knock it to the ground, priceless :D The little delay between it hitting the ground then coming right back is perfect. It takes some strategy now to kill somebody with a saberthrow. If you miss, your screwed ;)

I love it!!

Oh, one feature I'd love to see is multiple taunt support, some charecters have so many great lines it's unfortunate to pick just one

CT :lightning
www.drivingcatstudios.com

Darth-Nasty
07-16-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Toonces
My favorate little feature though, when you toss your saber at someone they can knock it to the ground, priceless

hmm i find that a problem when i use it. I have to run round for ages looking for where it went.

oh yeah a few other things:

1. bot dualsabers: i have tried everything to get my darthmaul bot to use a doublesaber but i cant get it to work (i did have it working previously is tchoukys mod) any help?

2.bot two sabers: are you gonna incorporate this?

3. i see you have disabled the normal stances when using 1 doublesaber. i dont think this is nessacerry. I can see the point of using it with two sabers but with one doublesaber the original stances still work well

so far this post has been just criticism. just constructive mind.

now for the congratulations for making the bestest mod ever!

:) :)

JediSwimeh
07-16-2002, 10:37 AM
Dest, this is THE BEST mod ever!
I do not usually post in the forums as I am only a n00b, but this I had to post and say well done, what an awesome mod.
Keep up the good work.
:D

Dest
07-16-2002, 12:03 PM
the normal stances with the double bladed saber were weird cause the 2nd blade of the saber would always hit you in the nuts. And the normal stances are kindof the advantage of the single saber.

Callum
07-16-2002, 12:29 PM
Dest.................

I LOVE YOU!!!! ;)

no criticism that i canthink of at all

Awesome work, keep the faith

rut-wa jodar
07-16-2002, 03:29 PM
It`s a shame a "dual saber for bots" option was not included, still a :drop2: mod though. Dest. any plans to add this option ? played the mod for hours, gr8 work:thumbs1:

nomad
07-16-2002, 04:01 PM
YES!!
Great job Dest!!
You managed to do it! Two sabers, and I like the balance!
There are a lot of features to play with and set up some pretty different sittuations. Nice!!
Thank you so much!!

I love the force jumping off walls in mid-air.
Since you added those emotes, I wonder if you are interested in getting more than one taunt sound file to work for characters?
If you are, I know Garik Loran (sp?) did some work in that area once before. Perhaps that is another mod idea you might incorporate into your fabulous collection of mods.

May I imitate the Comic Book Guy and declare,

"Best Mod ever!"

Thank you Tchouky! Thank you Dest!

-nomad

MTFBWY

rut-wa jodar
07-16-2002, 08:26 PM
I have noticed 2 small problems with the mod

1) bot_honorableduelacceptance is still cheat protected

2) when using dual sabers if one fall to the ground, the other switches off (probably nothing you could do about that !)

Darth-Nasty
07-16-2002, 09:27 PM
does anyone know how to get a bot armed with a double-bladed lightsaber?????????????????????

rut-wa jodar
07-16-2002, 09:54 PM
For some reason bots can no longer use doublebladed saber`s
Mmmmmm...... ?????
the more I use jedimod 1.0 , the less i like it.

Sorry I`m being unfair after all the mod is designed primarily for online play

Andy867
07-17-2002, 02:07 AM
*sighs* *has been answering these questions all night and most of the day* :) to use the bots with dualbladed sabers, you must make sure to have in the autoexec.cfg file, OR your server.cfg file these lines

seta mod_debugcheats 1
seta mod_dualblade 1
seta g_botdoublesaber 1

so when you add the bot, it will have a double bladed saber...
Hopefully that will help any of you wanting bots with Maul-like sabers:)

rut-wa jodar
07-17-2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Andy867
*sighs* *has been answering these questions all night and most of the day* :) to use the bots with dualbladed sabers, you must make sure to have in the autoexec.cfg file, OR your server.cfg file these lines

seta mod_debugcheats 1
seta mod_dualblade 1
seta g_botdoublesaber 1

so when you add the bot, it will have a double bladed saber...
Hopefully that will help any of you wanting bots with Maul-like sabers:)

Already tried that and it still doesn`t work

Black_Eagle
07-17-2002, 03:05 AM
filefront has gone down and i cant download it from there could sum1 plz plz plz plz upload it sumwhere so i can download it cause i really really really want this mod

Thanks in advance

Andy867
07-17-2002, 03:33 AM
you're in luck, I have it posted on my Project Duality website (http://www.geocities.com/dmccarthy100)

Hope the link still works for downloading:-D

emagdinm
07-17-2002, 05:21 AM
i need help. this is the first time i try to use a mod in this game and i am havin probs.

i download JediMod.zip and i extract the contents of the zip to GameData\JediMod.

so i have the following in that folder:

autoexec.cfg
cvar.txt
description.txt
games.log
JediMod.pk3 (630 k)
jk2mpconfig.cfg
readme.txt server owner readme.txt
tckmodel.cfg

so i go into JK2mp>setup>mods>JediMod v1.0 (i just named it that)

and after acting like it is loading something it comes back to the original JK2mp screen (supposed to do that?) so then i go to create server, and once inside it just keeps saying "no 2nd saber instance"
so how do i get this to work?
and once i do, how do i know what servers have the mod?

any help will be greatly apreciated.

-peace

rut-wa jodar
07-17-2002, 05:45 AM
sounds like you downloaded the beta version instead of v1.0 because the main jedimod.pk3 file should be over 2.5 mb

nomad
07-17-2002, 06:08 AM
I'm in the same boat as rut-wa jodar
I've done all the things you've said. I also had it working in the original tckmod. Is it just missing or is there something else we've got to do now?

-nomad

Andy867
07-17-2002, 06:11 AM
Rut is right, you need to go to www.geocities.com/dmccarthy100 and get a real copy.. from there, you just need to extract the files BACK into your gamedata folder aka the JediMod folder when you use "use Folder names" then you need to go into the autoexec.cfg and add this line

seta mod_debugcheats 1

this will make everything but the doubleblade work
to get THAT to work
add this line

seta mod_dualblade 1 (for one doubleblade, 2 for 2 doubleblades)

t3rr0r
07-17-2002, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by rut-wa jodar
sounds like you downloaded the beta version instead of v1.0 because the main jedimod.pk3 file should be over 2.5 mb
actually, v1 is only 1.83mb. i hope dest allows movement when taunting, in the future. as well as fixing the bug that freezes a person if they're choked when sitting. as well as the other little things.

Darth-Nasty
07-17-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by nomad
I've done all the things you've said. I also had it working in the original tckmod. Is it just missing or is there something else we've got to do now?

-nomad

yep exactly the same here had it working perfectly in tchouky's mod but someone has taken it out for some reason.

emagdinm
07-17-2002, 07:26 AM
W00t
it works...

now to find some servers that use it...
anyone know of some good ones?

m0stw8nt3d
07-17-2002, 08:25 AM
is anyone having any problems with the colors for the double lightsabers? i go to setup and to the tck mod thing and change the color but it never shows up... it's still the regular blue or red... can someone help? i've enabled the saber colors but it still doesn't do anything....

EDIT: the tck color mod works when i'm playing in FFA but it doesn't work in TFFA and i usually play TFFA...

nomad
07-17-2002, 02:23 PM
hmmm
The version I have is the exact same size as the one you're saying to download. I think I have the correct version. Also, when I unzip it, I just right click, extract to here and then I copy and paste into the gamedata folder. I get no such options about "use folder names", I've never had to deal with that option.
"Curious"

But you're telling me if I go about it this way (the way you mentioned), then botdoublesaber can be enabled and will work?
I'll give it a go then.
Thanks for the help and this is still a truly great mod.

-nomad

MTFBWY

remark 666
07-17-2002, 02:47 PM
this mod is great, I love everything (exept that you can't see when in mrbig mode)

this would get a lot better if you made more things like /kiss /sit /stand /etc, bla bla bla. How about float, fly, dance, swim, punch (in that hydroball mod), play dead, fart 0_o and some other fun things ^_^

rut-wa jodar
07-17-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by nomad

-nomad

I heard somewhere that the reason bot`s can`t use maul like double sabers is because of some conflicting bug in the source code. can anyone verify that ??

Andy867
07-17-2002, 03:52 PM
In TFFA and TCTF the colors will ALWAYS be just red and blue.. that is a hard coded line in the source code... well, actually, i dont know bout that, but I know that the line in the source code for gameplay overrides the TCK TGB saber color mod...

m0stw8nt3d
07-18-2002, 01:27 AM
In TFFA and TCTF the colors will ALWAYS be just red and blue.. that is a hard coded line in the source code... well, actually, i dont know bout that, but I know that the line in the source code for gameplay overrides the TCK TGB saber color mod...

i was able to use the tck tgb saber color mod before in TFFA but not while using the jedimod... does anyone know why it won't work?

rut-wa jodar
07-18-2002, 02:01 AM
yeah ! its because some of dest. source code is conflicting with some Tck rgb saber code

Andy867
07-18-2002, 02:04 AM
you might want to consider that DEST might have implemented the idea that for TFFA and TCTF, to help distinguish better who is red, and who is blue... ever think of that.. That's my hypothesis

emagdinm
07-19-2002, 06:38 AM
i am not seeing 2 sabers...
i have the mod working, well i thought i did, what do i need to do to get 2 sabers, the 2 new stances work just fine. but i want another saber ...

o yeah, it is v1.0 (just thought i would let u know)

remark 666
07-19-2002, 08:32 AM
shift + ` then type /twosaber in the console ;)

emagdinm
07-19-2002, 08:58 AM
i read the read me's and all, i tried that.
but i will go try again.

any other ideas?

Andy867
07-19-2002, 09:07 AM
to get the sabers working, you need to make sure you have the for them activated.. to do so, you need to have a line in either the autoexec.cfg or another cfg that tells the Game this:

seta mod_dualsaber 1 ///this will activate the dual sabers

also make sure to have these lines JIC

seta mod_debugcheats 1
seta mod_dualblade 1 (or 2 if you want dual doublebladed sabers)
seta mod_emotes 1
seta scaleModels 1 (if you want to scale the models to the sizes as listed in the tck.cfg file located in the JediMod folder. )

hope that helps!!!!

emagdinm
07-19-2002, 09:16 AM
well, i was me being dumb, i had to first switch to the one handed styles to get the thing to work (DUH!).

so yeah it works now, ty for your help
i had seta mod_dualsaber 1 in the autoexec.cfg

but i will add the other stuff as well, this mod rules!

Dest
07-19-2002, 09:48 AM
bot dualsabers and the unknown command bug will be fixed in version 1.1

emagdinm
07-19-2002, 11:15 AM
//======================
//tchouky's autoexec.cfg
//======================

seta tck_saber 1
seta tck_dualcolor 1
seta tck_red1 9
seta tck_green1 0
seta tck_blue1 160
seta tck_red2 255
seta tck_green2 255
seta tck_blue2 0
seta g_botdoublesaber 0
seta g_enabledoublesaber 1
seta g_enableextended 1
seta mod_dualsaber 1
seta mod_debugcheats 1
seta mod_dualblade 1
seta mod_emotes 1
seta mod_tckcolors 1

the above is the contents of autoexec.cfg.

my saber colors are still red. i would like to know what i need to do to get them to change... do i need another mod? (besides JediMod v1.0)
i also tried to change them in game but that did no good either.

Red Devil
07-19-2002, 03:41 PM
how do i have doublesaber with dual saber

Tchouky
07-20-2002, 01:47 AM
well that's great Dest !
You're doing a great job!

Can you send me your source code ?
i'd really like to see it !
martin.tck@wanadoo.fr
thx

by the way how the selectable hilt mod is going ?

i worked on it but i had a problem with the saber throw....

Well i have only one thing to say :

keep it up !

(argh it's horrible, 2 months without pc i can't stand it !!!!)

rut-wa jodar
07-20-2002, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Tchouky
well that's great Dest !
You're doing a great job!

Can you send me your source code ?
i'd really like to see it !
martin.tck@wanadoo.fr
thx

by the way how the selectable hilt mod is going ?

i worked on it but i had a problem with the saber throw....

Well i have only one thing to say :

keep it up !

(argh it's horrible, 2 months without pc i can't stand it !!!!)

I think Dest is away for a week or so
You can find the source code here

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?3952

NickR
07-20-2002, 06:15 AM
I have already started work on selectable hilts which will work just like you select a model/skin.

t3rr0r
07-20-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by NickR
I have already started work on selectable hilts which will work just like you select a model/skin.
good luck. hope you figure it all out. :)

TheWhiteRaider
07-20-2002, 12:31 PM
I think you should resend your Jedimod to jediknightii.net again it's not showing up.

Andy867
07-20-2002, 03:16 PM
The reason for that is that hundreds of people are submitting files and news to the site by the HOUR. which is why Chris3CPO made the post to hire some more help to keep up with the massive amount of submitted material. And luckily I was chosen, and have been in constant contact with Visac about getting myself and 2 other File masters setup for the big job that lies ahead of us... But you can definitely count on the new guys and the rest of our new found team to make sure to get the JediMod and ALL the other mods up as soon as humanly possible, because you do have to consider that my JO server is 3mb download, 1.5 mb upload (when its up, apparently someone shut off my pc and I am out of town, but when I get back I will make sure to get the pc up, and also get started with the files..) I will be back in town later today (Saturday) (got delayed getting back do to some unforseen outcomes (fatigue)... but you can count on me that I will get the server and the files up, and that JediMod will be on Jk2.net by this time next week at the LATEST... For temporary storage, I have set up the JediMod along with the newly released Qui-gon Jin and Count Dooku saber hilts on my personal website that is also the home of Projcet: Duality, which you can find @ http://www.geocities.com/dmccarthy100 I know it doesnt look all that great, but for only spending 5 minutes on, its not too shabby.... Well, later peeps..

**EDIT** GO me.. go go go me... Hey everyone, JediKnightii.net now has a copy of JediMod v1.0 for your downloading pleasure, compliments of yours truly...:)