PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Ki Adi Mundi

Pages : [1] 2

Psyk0Sith
07-07-2002, 02:55 PM
It was suggested that i should start a Ki Adi Mundi model since no one "claimed" him, i also found great reference pics for once...

I've done a lot of work on the head and thought it was time to get comments from the community and the fans (any fans out there??)

http://www.renegademods.info/users/PsykoSith/kiadimundi_01.jpg

the 1st head is 500+ polys and a quick uvw map was applied to see how things were looking with reduced faces.

the other 2 are 800 somthin', faceted and smooth render.

i'm also looking for pictures where i can see the back of the head and what the pony tail should look like...

i dont have much time to work on the body right now, but in a couple of weeks i should have something done.

thanx.

Sounds Risky
07-07-2002, 03:22 PM
That looks pretty good, but I think his forehead is a bit taller than that. I'm trying to find pictures of the back of his head right now.

D@rth M@ul
07-07-2002, 04:55 PM
Doesn't he have two brains. Thats why there are two lumps right?

PyskoSith I sent you a pm. respond back if you get a chance

gj on the model cant wait to see the final result

Tap[RR]
07-07-2002, 05:13 PM
Oh man, please dont tell me your gonna use a photo for a skin.. That would mean disaster.. >_<!!!. Heh good model so far..

Grafox
07-07-2002, 05:30 PM
Hey dude, are you going to skin this model yourself? If not, I offer my services as a skinner. grafox@quicknet.nl

Arán
07-07-2002, 06:42 PM
The head is great!
Keep up the good work and would you send me some pics at
axelmulder@yahoo.com
That would be great!
:lsduel:

genthar
07-07-2002, 06:52 PM
Ki Adi Mundi's adventures are the stuff of legend. Anyone intrested in him would do well to check out the 1st Star Wars prequel-era comic books, reprinted in trade paperback format entitled Prelude to Rebellion and Outlander. He may not say or do much on screen, but he's one of the best comic-book characters.

Psyk0Sith, I'm most impressed by your work on the head. "I will be watching your career with great intrest".

I must disagree, with Tap earlier though, I believe photo skins are better. They bring a sence of realism to an already fantastic game.

Sinister1
07-07-2002, 07:09 PM
It's coming along EXTREMELY nicely Psyk0Sith. I'll be keeping a very close eye on the progress of this one. It's nice to see slowly all the Jedi Counci members being modelled.

El_graco
07-07-2002, 07:25 PM
looks great can't wait for it

heres a ref pic

http://starwars.com/databank/character/kiadimundi/img/movie_bg.jpg

and another

http://starwars.com/databank/character/kiadimundi/img/eu_bg.jpg

hope they help

-El Graco

Lucko Mabri
07-07-2002, 07:46 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=ki+adi+mundi&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en

Ki-Adi Ref Pic Haven :D

-Lucko Mabri

El_graco
07-07-2002, 08:03 PM
ok.. Lucko's found a better site for pics

:crybaby:

Sinister1
07-07-2002, 08:35 PM
yah, his skin is much more pale and his mustach and beard are more "fluffy". The shape of the head, IMO, is coming along perfectly thus far.

JiPInSane
07-07-2002, 08:50 PM
Great Job this looks awesome!!!!!!!!

-Chrono_MOT-
07-07-2002, 10:27 PM
I better get to work on his lightsaber for you :P

Psyk0Sith
07-08-2002, 12:35 AM
That uvw map is just a test to see how the reduced polys look like...

I will need someone (like Grafox :) ) to skin this for me, as i seriously lack painting skills, i usually use photo realistic skins, but it's too small and it looks bad on close ups. (and what the hell, maybe release both skins, you decide which one you like best in-game)

Thanx for the links, i already have most of these pics, i just need a good shot from the back...

oh and the pony tail, he does have hair on top of that cranium right? i mean like a normal human being, not just a braid of hair coming out...i dont see it clearly enough to tell.

I still need to tweak it, i'll upload previews of different ways it could look like.

-Chrono_MOT-: i"m sure u'll have plenty of time to do the saber, before he is released!

keep checking back for updates.

t3rr0r
07-08-2002, 01:02 AM
you're gonna use an alpha shader for his facial hair, right?

Tap[RR]
07-08-2002, 01:13 AM
Heres some ive uploaded, ill try to get some more. Maybe a completely behind one.

http://home.earthlink.net/~amares626/_uimages/Pdvd_012.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~amares626/_uimages/Pdvd_037.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~amares626/_uimages/Pdvd_042.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~amares626/_uimages/Pdvd_046.jpg

Nemesis731
07-08-2002, 01:15 AM
Looks great. Ki Adi looks scarey. That big head and the facial hair eek, oh well he will be fun to kill. Keep up the good work.

Tap[RR]
07-08-2002, 01:34 AM
Got some more, from mostly back-side. You can see from the pics that his braid is pretty long, almost all the way down his head. And that it doesnt come from the top of his skull, but sort of mid way. But not the top.

http://home.earthlink.net/~amares626/_uimages/Pdvd_001.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~amares626/_uimages/Pdvd_000.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~amares626/_uimages/Pdvd_002.jpg

nomad
07-08-2002, 12:48 PM
Looking Great!
Excellent job so far. I realy think the shapes look right on.

Sorry I don't have any pics of the back of his head, but you can see what's going on back there in some of those pics Tap has linked us to.

-nomad

May the force be with you.

skyvader21
07-08-2002, 01:06 PM
Once Ki, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Yoda and Mace are done, someone has to create the the Jedi Temple meeting room so that we can recreate the scene where the Council sends Anakin on his first assignment. Also we can recreate for FFA the mission in the X-Box game "Obi-Wan" where you have to fight all of the Jedi Masters with Obi-Wan Kenobi.

VampireHunterD
07-09-2002, 07:40 AM
Excellent. Someone else is making Ki Adi Mundi. That means I
don't have to now. Thanks man! Great model too! :D

Psyk0Sith
07-09-2002, 11:23 AM
Thanx for all your comments, and tap for the pics...they answered a couple questions.

i've started modeling the outfit, it should be almost complete next week...at least i hope so.

As for the beard/mustache and alpha channel maps, i never used that to simulate hair, i'll take a look at the wookie model on how to extrude n stuff.

I wanted to make the braid a full mesh and not use alpha maps...just let me know what you think i should do.

i'll try to post some preview pics later this week...

12thMonkey
07-10-2002, 02:33 AM
Its nice to see someone final make a model of of this cool jedi master.

As others have said its good to see the council being modelled and see how they have consentrated on these more than other characters that could be done

After only 1 post it already is shaping up nicely. keep up the good work and hope to see more.

t3rr0r
07-10-2002, 10:38 AM
a few more pics with ki adi mundi...

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/epizode2/clonewar12.jpg
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/epizode2/clonewar31.jpg
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/epizode2/clonewar73.jpg

ANAKINDOESPADME
07-10-2002, 10:51 AM
NICE LOOKING MODEL!!!!!!!! I BET PADME WISH SHE GOT SOME OF THAT HEAD INSTEAD OF ANAKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!:joy:

BradFu
07-10-2002, 11:38 AM
Can't wait to see some update shots :)

A question about Mr. Mundi for you, Psyk0. I noticed his mouth is open in that first shot, does that mean you plan on including the facial bones so he can have expressions, or at least have his mouth open? That would be great if you can, for cutscenes and such. I can imagine Jedi Council cutscenes in all kinds of mods, and having as many of the models capable of opening their mouths when speaking would be great :)

Psyk0Sith
07-11-2002, 07:01 AM
Well, i have no idea how the facial bones should be setup, cuz when i exported my 1st model (not this one), i had to remove vertex weights from the whole face area...so how's it supposed to be animated if there are no weights assigned to the head's vertex?

I did not plan to include a full mouth for cutscenes but it would be interesting to find out how it's done.

I think i'm gonna leave the mouth open that way, i think it looks good.

Sounds Risky
07-11-2002, 07:40 AM
I've noticed that the Raven models have two seperate pieces for the head, the head and face. Could this be why it didn't work for you Pysk0?

Kranckor
07-11-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by ANAKINDOESPADME
NICE LOOKING MODEL!!!!!!!! I BET PADME WISH SHE GOT SOME OF THAT HEAD INSTEAD OF ANAKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!:joy:

Why haven't you kicked him yet? :wstupid:

Psyk0Sith
07-12-2002, 07:32 AM
http://www.renegademods.info/users/PsykoSith/ki_adi_r1.jpg

i still have to reduce the polys on the head (and other places), make another piece of cloth come down from the belt, tweaking here and there, uvw map the whole thing...the list goes on.

comments/suggestions? you know what to do...

thanx!

P.S.: i stole kyle's hands, everything else is mine.

Tap[RR]
07-12-2002, 07:37 AM
WOW, :eek: I love it. How many polies? If only you could alpha the beard heh. Its great though looks just like him.

Psyk0Sith
07-12-2002, 07:42 AM
that funny stuff on the bottom of the beard is a test for the alpha map, but i'm no really sure how to do it, i simply extruded some faces from the middle and bottom to make a few strands...

i think i'll ask major clod for help, he did a great job on the wookie.

3200 polys right now without optimization, mainly because of the braid and other places on the head.

Tap[RR]
07-12-2002, 07:50 AM
3200 is still within the limit. :D Good work. Heh contact him!!! What are you waiting for!!!? Go go go. Heh, im freaked about this model, i love ki adi as you can see. Best of luck to you.

Sounds Risky
07-12-2002, 08:01 AM
You're doing a great job Psyk0. I knew you were the right guy for the job.

Psyk0Sith
07-12-2002, 08:04 AM
I'm starting to like him a lot too, he looks kinda evil for a good guy hehe.

hope i dont ruin everything, or you'll be pissed at me! lol:D

BradFu
07-12-2002, 08:26 AM
Awesome, Psyko! Here's one suggestion: Give him a bit more of a neck :) Maybe just a longer neck so that you can see that it exists :)

Psyk0Sith
07-12-2002, 08:40 AM
hmm good point bradfu, maybe its cuz i made the colar too big...

and i tried to follow kyle's head size/position

Kit Fisto
07-12-2002, 08:50 AM
WOW, its looking much better now.

Sinister1
07-12-2002, 09:25 AM
Wow, fantastic model!!!

Yes, i agree with Brad that he should be given a bit more of a neck...because it makes him look slightly as if the head has sunken into the neck...otherwise...FANTASTIC!:)

Grafox
07-12-2002, 03:38 PM
WOW, Psyk0Sith, looking extremely nice!
I am still available as a skinner, just so you know ;)

DarthBob
07-12-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by ANAKINDOESPADME

Can't someone ban him from LucasForums??!

:confused:

P.S. Tight model btw. :D

morphius_doh
07-12-2002, 08:39 PM
I agree. What ANAKINDOESPADME said is inappropriate for these forums. I'd only ban him if he/she has a history of these types of comments though.

darthweaver
07-12-2002, 08:42 PM
i'm 13 so i did give a little giggle but it is inappropriot inthese forums. is it possible to ban people? model looking good. can't wait to play it

adillon
07-12-2002, 09:13 PM
Psyk0Sith, i am absolutely amazed with the fact that the model looks EXACTLY like mundi, and that's without the skin. i can't imagine how it's gonna look when you (or somebody else) do skin him.

incredible work you're doing ... can't wait to see more updates!

sathanas
07-12-2002, 10:02 PM
Hi, I just wanna congratulate you for your work so far.
I was linked here by a friend of mine, knowing I wanted a Ki-Adi-Mundi model and skin. I'll be looking out for the release of this skin. Thanks for doing it man, i really appreciate it.

Xyphox
07-13-2002, 06:40 AM
Comming along nicely. I like seeing models from the actual movies. And ANAKIN tried to make a dirty joke, but it ended up being just dirty, and not a joke. That was dumb

ki_andy_mundi
07-13-2002, 07:52 AM
Ki Adi Mundi is my fav jedi, he rocks, and I can't wait till Ep 3 where he will get to battle darth Vader but unfortunatley fall, like the rest of the Jedi, includin Plo Koon, I know, IT SUCKS!

I cant wait for this model to come out. So far e looks GREAT :) and i can't wait for him to be availible and beable to play him!. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK MAN!!! :kiadi: :(

Harukaze
07-13-2002, 08:16 AM
I don't suppose the beard could be made selecteable? That way we can do a young Ki [while he was Yoda's Padawan], as well as other Cereans. If not, hey, this model is gorgeous, and I'll be more than happy just having Master Ki himself. Or is he still Knight? I know he was briefly Master according to EU, when A'sharad was his Padawan, but A'sharad never graduated while under Ki, and he's not cannon anyway. Anyone know if Lucas said if Ki's a Master by Episode II?

Darth_Infamous
07-13-2002, 12:12 PM
Ki Ada Mundi has been a Master since before TPM. He's on the Jedi Council dude!

t3rr0r
07-13-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Infamous
Ki Ada Mundi has been a Master since before TPM. He's on the Jedi Council dude!
during tpm (at least), ki adi mundi is a jedi knight. he's on the council because his binary brain allows for enhanced insight into the force.

nucular_jedi_14
07-13-2002, 12:20 PM
awsome work psyco sith!

Harukaze
07-13-2002, 01:20 PM
Terror is correct; Ki is no Master in Episode II. I'm not sure that, precisely, is why he is on the Council, but either way, he's a simple Knight promoted to loftier positions. This goes back to much of what I believe a Jedi Master to be, but that gets far afield of this thread. I probably should not have brought it up to begin with on this thread, but at least I'm hardly the only one to start talking about the characters on the associated WIP thread ^_^ Still, quite curious, but ah well. I look forward to hearing about any further updates.
~ Michael

Nanodagiardino
07-13-2002, 01:54 PM
It's a beauty!

I agree with Harukaze for the beard thing... but before we get into a discussion on how many alternate/selectable surfaces we could have, finish Ki first. Then if you have the will and time, I would love to see a generic Cerean. :)

genthar
07-14-2002, 12:14 AM
Yes indeed, Obi Wan is not a master either, actually he never achieves the level of master. It is only a custom by where while a knight is training a padawan he is referred to as 'master'.
Jedi Knights with 'great insight' into the force can serve on the council, they do not necessarily require the level of master to be there....

Xyphox
07-14-2002, 01:35 AM
This is a really nice model. Will his head work okay with the skeleton?

Psyk0Sith
07-14-2002, 04:35 AM
Here's a shot of the final (well almost) mesh with smooth render...
http://www.renegademods.info/users/PsykoSith/ki_adi_smooth.jpg

right now after minor adjusments and optimization its 3055 polys mainly because of the head...the alpha channel beard is not included yet. Roughly 3200 when complete...

The mustache can be removed and i'm gonna leave the beard on, because he's got no chin!:).

the skinner could make another texture with brown or black beard to make him look younger, and just remove the mustache surface. its the quickest solution i see for now.

Most of the modeling is done, so now im ready to uvw map, i'll start with the head and send a template to Grafox or anyone else interested.

This is a really nice model. Will his head work okay with the skeleton?

Thank you, and yes the head will work just fine.

Darth Patronus
07-14-2002, 04:53 AM
Wow! Someone get modelling that :D :D

t3rr0r
07-14-2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Darth Patronus
Wow! Someone get modelling that :D :D
you mean skinning? also, i can't see the image. :o

Xyphox
07-14-2002, 05:00 AM
The link isn't working for me either.

Psyk0Sith
07-14-2002, 05:00 AM
it worked like 15 minutes ago, renegade mods is having problems i guess...

Adonai Saboath
07-14-2002, 06:28 AM
lookin good to me, just make sure you get a good skinner...cuz skins can make or break a good model like that

Harukaze
07-14-2002, 06:33 AM
I saw it and it's absolutely gorgeous!
Eh, so we can't have a just-graduated Jedi Knight Mundi. No big deal, this model is so gorgeous I can't complain in the least!

Eventually maybe we'll see the generic Cerean, maybe even with that funky side-hair thing [if you've seen the subcomic along with Prelude to Rebellion, featuring the aforementioned young Ki, you'd know what I meant; it's kinda hard to describe otherwise]. Anyway, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Have any plans for your next project by the way?

sathanas
07-14-2002, 06:37 AM
You work fast! It's looking gorgeous! I hope a skinner takes it home! My favorite Jedi is coming to Jedi Outcast! Alright!

nomad
07-14-2002, 02:08 PM
NICE!!
Great job, Psyk0Sith!
Excellent likeness.

-nomad

May the force be with you.

keo718
07-15-2002, 05:15 AM
That is VERY nice.

genthar
07-15-2002, 08:14 AM
I've just seen the rest of the screenies. Excellent work Psyk0Sith.

Grafox
07-15-2002, 11:00 PM
Damn, I really like this model!

GreenDevil
07-16-2002, 02:19 AM
Hey PsykOSith! Long time no see bud! :)

I'm really sorry the whole Plo Koon thing didn't make it through... I still think you made a sweet model of him!

Anyway, glad to see you've put some more time into a new model... Dang bud, you really got some wicked modeling skillz :)

GREAT MODEL!!!

Psyk0Sith
07-16-2002, 11:04 AM
Sorry for making you guys wait, but i'm not the fastest uvw mapper/modeler out there.

here's some pics of the partially textured head (i know some people dont like photo realistic stuff, but take a look)

http://www.renegademods.info/users/Psykosith/kam_texture_test01.jpg

http://www.renegademods.info/users/Psykosith/kam_texture_test02.jpg

When i'm done with it i'll send it to grafox so he can add more details and do the missing parts plus he can do a whole new head based on this one.

hey Green Devil! nice to see you dropped by, thanx for the support man. I'm still a newbie, but i try to improve with each new model.

oh btw for my next character (if i have time), how about even piell? :evanpiel: if the npc mod is working...

l8ter!

Harukaze
07-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Absolutely gorgeous. But am I the only one who finds his current outfit absolutely histerical? ^_^

BradFu
07-16-2002, 11:20 AM
Lookin great!

Harukaze: You mean the sweet Checkered outfit? I want one!

Psyk0Sith
07-16-2002, 11:24 AM
haha lol, guess i forgot to dress him for the occasion!

-Chrono_MOT-
07-16-2002, 11:25 AM
lol it's a pretty good Ki-Adi-Mundi.

I'm trying to see if I can graduate from sabers only to full-blown models but we'll have to see how my first one turns out.

Volkie
07-16-2002, 12:09 PM
Awsome job and I for one prefer the photo realistic textures, I can't wait for this one.

Kranckor
07-16-2002, 12:25 PM
Wow he's looking great!

GreenDevil
07-16-2002, 12:34 PM
Oh my goodness bud!! LOL, if your a newbie at this I can't wait to see what your capable of when your an expert!!!!

GREAT JOB!

Harukaze
07-16-2002, 06:59 PM
BradFu: Yep, that's the one! I need one of those too! I can just see me walking into an interview with that, if for nothing else than to see the look on the face of the interviewer.

But then again, maybe not. But I'd love to see the look on people's faces ^_^

Think when he's released, we can get that skin too? I can see Ki wearing that. "At least they won't make fun of my head." And a kewpie doll to whomever knows where I got the quote from.

MaulerZ
07-18-2002, 11:02 AM
WOW!!!! This look exactly like Ki.....GOOD JOB!!!!!! Definately deserves a dl.

Grafox
07-18-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

When i'm done with it i'll send it to grafox so he can add more details and do the missing parts plus he can do a whole new head based on this one.

Yeah, I will definately do a total head. :) REALLY looking forward to skinning it.

fat_101
07-20-2002, 12:19 AM
wow good job so far..... :D

i feel with all the models in progress we shall have a new jedi council of our own ... WOOHOO !!!!

FATTEH

u modellers rock!!! :D :D :D

edit: 3RD PAGE

delquar
07-20-2002, 06:11 AM
lookin good. photoskinning can look good, if it is distorted the same as the mesh is (ie the 2d-image isn't the wronge shape for it) but yours looks great, keep up the good work

nucular_jedi_14
07-20-2002, 09:51 AM
great work on ki!

Psyk0Sith
07-20-2002, 12:40 PM
Quick update, the mesh is almost ready for skinning, i'm waiting on Grafox to know how he wants that stuff to be mapped.

btw, the beard and mustache will be removable, so we can have a younger Ki/Cerean.

Is that a new suit? (http://www.renegademods.info/users/PsykoSith/kam_uvw01.jpg)

Need a shave? (http://www.renegademods.info/users/PsykoSith/kam_uvw02.jpg)

Grafox: read your PM damnit! :), guess i'll have to e-mail you...

P.S.:Thanx to everyone for the support and being so patient...[

xan
07-20-2002, 01:52 PM
sexcellent work! :D

Sith Wookiee
07-20-2002, 02:55 PM
Great model I really look forward to playing it in-game. Don't rush it, I think this one will be up there with the Yoda, Plo Koon(When they're released) and Vader models. Keep up the good work.

Harukaze
07-20-2002, 05:09 PM
I have to agree. I would rather wait longer and see this perfected than to let fan pressure rush you. This is easily one of the most gorgeous models in production. And thanks so much for making the beard optional! That truly opens up so many doors for skinning of this model!

12thMonkey
07-20-2002, 10:20 PM
Looking great and i especially like the option for no beard. Will there be any new clothing for the younge Ki Adi Mund.

Shame he had to loose the flashy checked suit though that would be hilarious to play online with.

sathanas
07-21-2002, 12:50 AM
I agree with everyone else here, take your time, don't let them force push you into releasing it early than it should. Looking gorgeous, and it will definitely be the model I'll use in my clan matches.

dreddsnott
07-21-2002, 08:49 AM
CONSUME MASS QUANTITIES

Great job, man.

Billyz124
07-21-2002, 08:58 AM
:lsduel: Dude Ki Adi Mundi is the BEST. this Model is Sweet. As soon as the Jedi Council is finished, Maybe we can make a SP Courscant Level where you play the Game as Anakin and Obi Wan!:beam2: Maybe a AOTC total Conversion
NOW THAT Would be Sweet

Grafox
07-24-2002, 01:54 PM
edit. useless post

Grafox
07-24-2002, 01:54 PM
Here's the current wip.

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi.jpg

Psyk0Sith
07-24-2002, 04:48 PM
Cool!

thanx for the update G!, hope this one makes him look better in-game

morphius_doh
07-25-2002, 01:53 PM
Very nice!! Keep up the great work!

adillon
07-25-2002, 02:17 PM
according to EU (don't flame me ... i know it's not canon), there's so much more behind ki-adi-mundi than his appearances in tpm and aotc. he is a major bad@$$ jedi knight.

i was curious if maybe you could create a version of him with his hat. i know, i know, you can't see his beautiful gord with it on, but it makes him look so much cooler.

these pics show what i'm talking about ... 1 (http://www.darkhorse.com/profile_popup.html?item=98040&the_db=c) 2 (http://www.darkhorse.com/profile_popup.html?item=98565&the_db=c) 3 (http://www.darkhorse.com/profile_popup.html?item=98580&the_db=c) 4 (http://www.darkhorse.com/profile_popup.html?item=98585&the_db=c) 5 (http://www.darkhorse.com/profile_popup.html?item=40220&the_db=c)

just a thought. :rolleyes:

great work so far on the model ... keep it up!! :D

SpYzEr
07-25-2002, 09:39 PM
Very nice man, cant wait till it comes out! Keep up the good work! (This is supposed to be under the update)

Grafox
07-26-2002, 03:26 AM
The hatt is a good idea, I like the look. Perhaps Psyk0Sith will think about doing an model update later on, when this version is released.

Grafox
07-26-2002, 05:44 AM
Update!!

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi2.jpg

C&C are welcome!

Harukaze
07-26-2002, 06:45 AM
I agree with Morphius. Both under the arm and in front kind of blend in with the layer above, but it's supposed to be two separate garments. Add a little definition and some shadowing along the separation lines, perhaps? Then again you probably have that planned out and we're way behind you, but I like to try to add something more constructive than "Ow, my jaw just hit the floor" when I post. I look forward to seeing the next shot.
~ Michael

cROsIs**
07-26-2002, 08:21 AM
OUCH................................. SORRY, HAD TO BIG MY JAW UP OFF OF THE FLOOR!!! GREAT STUFF MAN... KEEP US POSTED

Grafox
07-26-2002, 09:31 AM
hehe, I will (keep you posted) :)

Psyk0Sith
07-26-2002, 10:14 AM
I think the hat is a good idea, i'll see what i can do.

good job grafox! :)

adillon
07-26-2002, 11:55 AM
glad you liked the suggestion. gotta question ... if you do decide to model the hat, would you consider going the extra mile and making a version that resembles this younger ki-adi-mundi? by this i mean a version that not only does has the hat, but also wears a scarf and that fabric-thing hanging from the rear of the hat, as well as a longer (maybe braided?) goatee?

i don't know if it's worth the effort because it's not the version that people are used to, but it adds to the variety.

whatever you decide, i'm really psyched about this model. you guys are doing an incredible job modeling and skinning him, and i thank you for your efforts.

keep up the great work!

KI-ADI ROCKS! :kiadi:

Gram_Reaper
07-26-2002, 02:20 PM
Yeah awesome job modeling, but i want to say something about the skinning. the torso skin right now looks like it has no definition. I like the face though. Good job guys

morphius_doh
07-26-2002, 02:52 PM
There are only a few suggestions and questions that I have. In the latest WIP pic the skinning below the hood is somewhat flat, especially on the belt. The only other suggestion I have is to make the moustache flush with the face and add more texture to the beard so it doesn't look so thick.

Did you create a seperate layer for the cloth under the dark brown tunic? The only reason I ask is because the tan cloth doesn't have the appearance of depth.

Grafox
07-28-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by morphius_doh
There are only a few suggestions and questions that I have. In the latest WIP pic the skinning below the hood is somewhat flat, especially on the belt. The only other suggestion I have is to make the moustache flush with the face and add more texture to the beard so it doesn't look so thick.

Did you create a seperate layer for the cloth under the dark brown tunic? The only reason I ask is because the tan cloth doesn't have the appearance of depth.

I agree about the detialing, working on that :)

Grafox
07-28-2002, 05:04 AM
update!
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi3.jpg

Grafox
07-28-2002, 09:30 AM
Another update:

Almost finished with the base skin. Now I just have to make him look older and adjust the hair somewhat.

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi4.jpg

C&C welcome.

lonepadawan
07-28-2002, 09:49 AM
Very nice- is the red line supposed to be there?

Grafox
07-28-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by lonepadawan
Very nice- is the red line supposed to be there?

Yeah, the line is supposed to be there. Check out this refference I used.
http://www.starwars.jediknights.co.uk/Characters/jedi_mundi.jpg

morphius_doh
07-28-2002, 12:08 PM
Are you going to work on the different layers of clothing coz they still don't have any depth to them so to give the effect of layers? I have noticed this in the cuffs of the tan shirt as well. Will you be adding the strands of hair at the top of his head as well?

One more suggestion: Take the roundness out of the gote' so that it doesn't look so thick.

Grafox
07-28-2002, 12:25 PM
Are you going to work on the different layers of clothing coz they still don't have any depth to them so to give the effect of layers? I have noticed this in the cuffs of the tan shirt as well. Will you be adding the strands of hair at the top of his head as well?

One more suggestion: Take the roundness out of the gote' so that it doesn't look so thick.

About the different layers, I thought the cloaths he is wearing are 2 pieces? The yellow/brown undershirt and the brown "jacket" Correct me if I am wrong though.

And I agree on you about the beard thing. But I can's change that, I am just the skinner, not the modeler :)

Psyk0Sith
07-28-2002, 03:35 PM
wow!

damn grafox you got mad skillz!

I've been quite busy lately so the weighting is far from being done, but i'll work on that this week.

Once i get the skins i'll check how the head looks in the game, cuz when i modeled, there was no lights in max, and that was a big mistake.

I did some tests with the head on another body and things looked pretty weird when far away...close ups looked ok but not as good as the max renders.

(Grafox read your mail...)

cROsIs**
07-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Lookin FIne

iifuzz
07-28-2002, 09:35 PM
i just finished making Ki Adi Mundi's light saber ill submit it probably tomarrow

Kinja
07-29-2002, 02:39 AM
Hey fellas, I just wanted to say the models lookin great, and were getting closer and closer to having the whole Jedi Council, Yipeee! :D

BTW: Ki Adi does look like a bad@$$ with the hat, hehe!

Grafox
07-30-2002, 01:18 PM
Update!

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi5.jpg

inbredyokel
07-30-2002, 01:30 PM
The edges of the lips look a tad sharp and square, a little bit of blending would probably fix that though. Other than that, nice work.

morphius_doh
07-30-2002, 02:04 PM
It's starting to look better, though the mustache could stand to be shorter in legnth and angled in a way that it meets the beard.

If you look at the pics in the Databank, on the official site, you'll see that the beard widens as it goes up the jaw line and doesn't just cover the chin area.

Call me anal but I'm just offering advice to make the model the best it can be.

keo718
07-30-2002, 02:20 PM
Nice skin, but referring to pics at the starwars databank, his mustache covers more of his upper lip.

Grafox
07-30-2002, 02:52 PM
It's starting to look better, though the mustache could stand to be shorter in legnth and angled in a way that it meets the beard.

If you look at the pics in the Databank, on the official site, you'll see that the beard widens as it goes up the jaw line and doesn't just cover the chin area.

Call me anal but I'm just offering advice to make the model the best it can be.

I really apreciate these kind of comments, helps me get my skin better.

Thanks!

Grafox
07-31-2002, 03:01 PM
update
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadicomp.jpg

Volkie
07-31-2002, 06:10 PM
Wow, I would say that is bang on, exellent work. Thanks for the update. I love the facial details.

morphius_doh
07-31-2002, 06:20 PM
Not to be rude, but where are the changes or additons? The face still has the same look as the previous update and so does the body and clothiing.

El_graco
07-31-2002, 06:27 PM
looks great is it nearly ready for release and will it have custom sounds along with red & blue skins?

sorry if im a pain

Psyk0Sith
07-31-2002, 07:25 PM
weighting is in progress...i'm going as fast as i can, then i'll send it to Grafox so he can check out the skins.

custom sounds...anyone wants to help?

sexcellent
07-31-2002, 08:58 PM
this looks very impressive. nice job!

Sith Wookiee
07-31-2002, 09:07 PM
Here's Some Sound from episode 1

Grafox
08-01-2002, 01:16 AM
Not to be rude, but where are the changes or additons? The face still has the same look as the previous update and so does the body and clothiing.

Well, I added some hjuge details to the back of his head. Added highlights to the clothing. If you mean not updating the mustache, as you said, it's a modeling issue.

Kranckor
08-01-2002, 02:45 AM
Am I too late? I found this:
http://www.sandtroopers.com/Episode%20II/Jedi%20Master%20final.jpg

morphius_doh
08-01-2002, 08:10 AM
That's a cool ref pic.

Grafox
08-01-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Kranckor
Am I too late? I found this:
http://www.sandtroopers.com/Episode%20II/Jedi%20Master%20final.jpg

Hmmm, I can't seem to play the sounds.... :(

adillon
08-01-2002, 05:19 PM
i gotta tell you guys that the model and skin are absolutely

FAH-BYOO-LUS!!

i'm still pushing for the hat idea i brought up a while ago ... no pressure though. lol

but seriously Psyk0Sith, would it be possible for you to "animate" mundi's ponytail so that it moves while he's running? aayla secura's lekku move, albeit slightly, as she's running. that way it's not this static tumor-sticking-out-of-his-head thing. just a suggestion.

keep up the great work fellas!

:kiadi: KI-ADI-MUNDI ROCKS! :kiadi:

nomad
08-01-2002, 10:03 PM
Excellent likeness!!
Both the model and skin are looking tremendous.
Thank you so much for the work you have put in.

One possible source for Mundi's sounds would be Jedi Power Battles, the playstation and/or Dreamcast video game. There are some dialogue scenes when you use him as "player one" and advance through the levels. There may also be some pain and jumping sounds. Come to think of it, there may be sounds in the xbox game, "Obi-Wan". I do not own any of these games though, so I cannot source them for you... otherwise I would.

Best of luck with the rest of the work.

-nomad

MTFBWY

Blaize1234
08-02-2002, 12:05 AM
umm, he isn't in Jedi Power Battles...I'm positive because I just played it two days ago and I've owned it since it came out.

nomad
08-02-2002, 01:12 AM
Oops, He's not in the playstation version,
but he IS in the Dreamcast version. I forgot about that. Blaize1234, good call, thanks for reminding me. My freind picked up the Dreamcast version not too long ago and he used Ki-Adi Mundi while I used Plo Koon. Sorry about the confusion, I forgot that he wasn't in the playstation game.

So if you could get your hands on the sounds from the Dreamcast JPB you might be able to get some good sounds for him.

-nomad

nucular_jedi_14
08-02-2002, 03:01 AM
check it out for sounds 2

Grafox
08-02-2002, 04:08 AM
Hmm, good idea about the other games. I'll make a new topic about who has the game, so everybody reads it.

Grafox
08-02-2002, 04:55 AM
Update.

Adjusted the area around the eyes to be darker. Made the skin a little paler.

Update Picture (http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi6.jpg)

I have a shader, to make the beard and mustache look less thick, but to test it, I need a working glm model, waiting for it :)

Psyk0Sith
08-02-2002, 12:10 PM
The model should be ready for you Grafox, later tonight (keeping my fingers crossed...)

I've made slight adjustments to the beard and mustache, but let's consider this a beta phase...i will try to make something that works better for alpha shaders.

Grafox i just noticed something: there is nothing red in ki's outfit (by looking at the pictures i have) take a look at this pic:

http://www.renegademods.info/users/Psykosith/aotc-ki_adi_mundi.jpg

so maybe you should re-paint that red line.

once again, i almost fell off my chair...after looking at the update!

but seriously Psyk0Sith, would it be possible for you to "animate" mundi's ponytail so that it moves while he's running? aayla secura's lekku move, albeit slightly, as she's running. that way it's not this static tumor-sticking-out-of-his-head thing. just a suggestion.

Good suggestion: i was also thinking how the heck can i animate that ponytail???

at first i thought i could link it to the feet and legs...so when he's not moving much, the pony tail wont be flying around like crazy.

if you have any tips on how i should do it, please let me know!

Darth-Nasty
08-02-2002, 01:22 PM
i think kiadi mundi's skin is slightly more pink than the skin at the moment

adillon
08-02-2002, 01:27 PM
if you have any tips on how i should do it, please let me know!

i don't know the exact way to accomplish it, but there's a thread about a "tokien-ish elf" in which the creator wanted to know how to animate the hair. cheshirekat responded saying that he learned a trick from spacermonkey. in order to animate aayla's lekku he weighted parts of them to different body parts, but at a percentage as it went to the end of the lekku. or something along those lines. see here (http://66.250.145.38/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70153) for yourself ... cheshire's post is about 2/3 down the page.

maybe you can contact either cheshirekat or spacermonkey about this. i'm sure if it meant making an incredible just that much better by adding those little touches, they'd be more than happy to help you out ... cuase that's what communities are for, right? hope you can get it to work ... good luck

keo718
08-02-2002, 02:48 PM
Comparing to the picture shown by Psyk0Sith, the colors seem way off. And I agree with Darth-Nasty, His skin tone is more pink than tan. Also, it almost looks like hes wearing makeup!(lipstick and blush). Not to be offensive, just trying to help.

keo718
08-02-2002, 06:19 PM
To elaborate, the color you have his pants in this pic...

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadicomp.jpg

should be the color of his shirt(or what have you). The outer garment color is also a much darker brown.

Also, only his bottom lip shows under his mustasche, that may be why he looks young with your skin.

The belt design is a little off as well, and I imagine that his boots are as dark as his outer garment.

Finally, his skin is more pinkish than tan.

Psyk0Sith
08-02-2002, 11:48 PM
good news, weighting is done, xcept some bugs that need to be fixed...like the shoulders and between the legs.

for the ponytail, i tried to link the clavicles but it produced very bad results, so instead i linked it to the lower lumbar with little abs. It moves slightly and causes less distortion (which will be adjusted later).

so now Grafox can check out the skins (i wanna check em out too bud!). In the meantine i'll try to fix things up.

Since this is my first fully skinned character, it's not perfect, but i must say i'm very pleased with the results.

one thing to note:

he will slice through his skull when jumping in the hair or bringing back the saber when using strong style, i cant change that, after all he's got 2 heads!.

This also happens with kyle (only noticable when facing the model, not from the back.)

Grafox, check your mail please...

Grafox
08-03-2002, 04:21 AM
Well, I encountered some problems with getting the model ingame. The body is fine, but the head is really weird. :kiadi:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_ingame1.jpg

I hope some modeling experts can help us with this.

Grafox
08-03-2002, 04:32 AM
Nevermind people, I figured it out already, my stupid mistake :)

Grafox
08-03-2002, 05:11 AM
Ingame screenshot!

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_ingame2.jpg

remark 666
08-03-2002, 07:03 AM
o_0

nice...

maybe some saber action :)

Kit Fisto
08-03-2002, 09:18 AM
Looks cool, I suggest making his eyes smaller along with his lips.

cROsIs**
08-03-2002, 09:30 AM
His eyes are WAY to big. You need to make them a weee bit o smaller. Also, Hes looking good. Cant wait to see the final version.

;)

12thMonkey
08-03-2002, 09:43 AM
He looks great in game but i agree with others that he should be more pink and u should take another look at the belt, 'cause its a bit too bland IMO.

keo718
08-03-2002, 10:30 AM
The belt still needs work, and the colors are still a bit off. His undergarment is light brown, and his outer dark brown. A different tint than you have now.

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_ingame2.jpg

I also agree about the eyes. Too big. The lips are too big too.

Grafox
08-03-2002, 10:59 AM
The second link isn't working :(

keo718
08-03-2002, 11:15 AM
It should work now. Its just the same pic Psychosith posted earlier.

ZBomber
08-03-2002, 11:16 AM
Hi! I like the model! Can you teach me a little bit about modeling after your done? I could really use it!

Grafox
08-03-2002, 11:53 AM
update time!

Clickie (http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_ingame3.jpg)

keo718
08-03-2002, 12:08 PM
Yeah, now your on the right track. The undergarment is a bit lighter however. I like these lips far better, and the skin tone is also better. The eyes still need to be smaller. Nice work.

keo718
08-03-2002, 12:13 PM
Oh, and the belt needs work too.

Psyk0Sith
08-03-2002, 12:35 PM
I've played a bit with the 1st skin version and looks great, i also noticed other weithing bugs that i'm working on right now.

Grafox, change this line in the .skin:

"torso_neck,models/players/ki_adi/torso.jpg"

it should be head.jpg instead of torso...

Hi! I like the model! Can you teach me a little bit about modeling after your done? I could really use it!

Uh i suppose i could show you a trick or two, tho i'm still a newbie myself.

im going back to work now...

ZBomber
08-03-2002, 05:23 PM
OK, Thank you! :)

Def
08-03-2002, 05:39 PM
God damn, Psyk0Sith...Mundi looks so....real :)

Amazing work there! Can't wait to download it!

Even Piell could be a good project also..

Say are you interested in modeling Vodo?

Volkie
08-03-2002, 06:24 PM
All I can say is WOW, that is one great looking model.

Grafox
08-04-2002, 04:20 AM
Update Clickie (http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi7.jpg) this is not ingame....

Grafox
08-04-2002, 04:44 AM
Here's how he looks ingame.
Clickie me please!! (http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_ingame4.jpg);)

El_graco
08-04-2002, 06:05 AM
yay it looks almost done

Grafox
08-04-2002, 06:14 AM
well, apart from some clipping issues, sounds, color- and bot support the model is as good as done :)

Kit Fisto
08-04-2002, 06:16 AM
It's looking much better, the eyes have been improved but there is still something Im not liking about those lips...

Grafox
08-04-2002, 08:52 AM
Well, here's my red team skin. Still working on it.

Just click me baby (http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_red.jpg)(I just saw Austin Powers in Goldmember)

Grafox
08-04-2002, 10:12 AM
Ingame red team skin, Clickie (http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_red_ingame.jpg)

keo718
08-04-2002, 10:20 AM
The colors are on target, nice job. And the belt looks better too. You also might want to try making his eyes less wide, and for the team colors, maybe keeping his face the same.

12thMonkey
08-04-2002, 10:31 AM
The skin colour is alot more accurate now and the belt looks less bland.

Shaping up nicely. Good Job.

djnugget84
08-04-2002, 11:28 AM
Im loving this model but the big issue of the lips can be solved vary easily. The problem is that the mustache should actually be covering the top lip. ( http://www.starwars.idv.tw/story/character/jedi/ki_adi_mundi.jpg ) that’s the only real problem I see. Keep it up.

sathanas
08-04-2002, 07:23 PM
I was wondering why the red team Ki-Adi-Mundi does not have his full beard and all. But besides that (and the lip thing), it's looking way fine! Congrats and keep it up!

ronbrothers
08-04-2002, 09:37 PM
This is a lookin kewl!

ZBomber
08-04-2002, 09:43 PM
I can't wait to downlaod it..... :x-wing:

Grafox
08-05-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by sathanas
I was wondering why the red team Ki-Adi-Mundi does not have his full beard and all. But besides that (and the lip thing), it's looking way fine! Congrats and keep it up!

Well, I wanted to make another skin for ctf, so I turned the beard and mustache off. But...I've changed my mind. I'll just do recolors of the original skin.

morphius_doh
08-05-2002, 10:06 AM
It's getting better, but in the in-game shot the beard and moustach look kind of like thick plastic rather than hair. If you look at the latest ref pic, you can see that the moustach, beard, and eyebrows are much thinner.

I'm not sure what can be done to fix this, but if any of the modelers out there have ideas, chime in.

Grafox
08-05-2002, 10:44 AM
Tried some changings on the beard and well, this (Clickie (http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_beard.jpg)) is the best I can do at the moment.

nucular_jedi_14
08-05-2002, 11:43 AM
awsome work you guys!:D

Ignasius
08-05-2002, 11:43 AM
Grafox, you rule !!! :D

Grafox
08-06-2002, 05:13 AM
Thanks, but it's also Psyk0Sith's work. :)

Kit Fisto
08-06-2002, 07:07 AM
make the beard cover the upper lip. it will look a whole lot better and more like the character

Grafox
08-06-2002, 07:39 AM
Ok, I changed it and you were right
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_ingame5.jpg

12thMonkey
08-06-2002, 05:22 PM
Finally the upper lip has gone.

Looks much better and more accurate to the character

keo718
08-06-2002, 06:56 PM
At last.

sathanas
08-06-2002, 07:42 PM
Yay, the lip is gone! Seems it's near completion. Great work!

ZBomber
08-06-2002, 07:50 PM
Awesome dude, Much better. :)

morphius_doh
08-08-2002, 07:30 PM
Kick ass!!

Grafox
08-09-2002, 04:07 AM
Well, skinning is finished. It's now waiting for Psyk0sith to finish the model and then we have to find sounds/make bot support.

morphius_doh
08-09-2002, 08:20 AM
Just out of curiosity, has the skinning of the tan tunic been fixed so that it actually looks like a seperate layer of clothing?

Grafox
08-09-2002, 08:40 AM
I don't know what you mean with that, I asked before, but you did not respond to it.

jaybiggspr
08-09-2002, 09:38 AM
Looking good - - Any release estimate?

Kit Fisto
08-09-2002, 10:29 AM
its looking really good. Id suggest softening up the shadows on the eyes a little bit, at the moment they are very dark. Also try adding some more destinct detailing on the skin:

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_1/Characters/Jedi_Council/Ki-Adi_Mundi&image=swig241.jpg&img=&tt=

see how there are wrinkles under his eyes, and on the side of his head. There are also some folds that you missed inbetween his eyes on his forehead.

Keep on working at it, its coming along nicely.

trowa500
08-09-2002, 11:30 PM
i dont really like ki but he looks very nice and i hope ill be able to get him soon

Psyk0Sith
08-10-2002, 10:48 AM
Hey everyone,

Just dropped by to let you know that weighting is almost final. I also got some skin updates from Grafox, he tweaked some stuff on his side too, looks even better!

Just out of curiosity, has the skinning of the tan tunic been fixed so that it actually looks like a seperate layer of clothing?

I think he's talking about the two flaps (pieces of cloth) coming down from the belt, i wanted to model that, but i dont think they would have been too visible...maybe skinning could fix that?.

Grafox
08-10-2002, 11:08 AM
I still don't have a clue what he means.

ZBomber
08-11-2002, 12:53 AM
I can't wait!

Epic
08-11-2002, 02:19 AM
Very.. very nice model!
A must dl..
I was wondering in the bot files are you going to have Ki use his PURPLE lightsaber for JPB on DC? Or is he going to use the cheesy blue from AOTC?
Beautiful work..
We should have a "Hall of JCM (Jedi Council Members) Pak"
If no one's modeling Adi I'm sure many posters and players would love for you to. Just a thought on your next project if you are to take on another.

-Epic-
:vadar:

keo718
08-11-2002, 09:09 PM
I think you should post the full body shot before you quit on the skin.

Mix_Master2k
08-11-2002, 10:22 PM
looks awsome, cant wait to see the only active jedi knight in the jedi counsel in play

Arco
08-13-2002, 04:45 PM
taken from my posts on the polycount message boards. I hope this helps anyone that reads em...

things that need to be done-

*flesh tones- add blues into shadows and receses and reds/pinks into highlights (cheeks etc)

*Cloth- all it really needs is more texture and some lighter areas. Texture could be done with a simple overlay.

*the boots are in dire need of some work done on them. More highlights again.

*the whole skin needs more colour variation... to make it look and feel more real.

example of the flesh-

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/kimun-amendments.jpg

Here all I have done is firstly added in some reds and blues on a new layer set to softlight. Then on the original layer smudged the different features together a bit and then gone in with a 2 pixel brush or even 1 pixel and added in some highlights and lightened the beard. then with a slightly larger brush added highlights to the cheek to make it more pronounced which meant the eye socket could be brought forward as it was too dark and inset for a good character. then finally added in some dark areas next to the highlights and finsihed it off with a bit more smudging here and there... I hope this helps.

Remember when doing a character skin, at least in my own experience, based on an existing character it is important not to just get the everything in the right place but also to give it a sense of reality and even to exagerate certain pronounced features to make it more recognisable.. such as the eyesockets being lighter therefore making him look more good and jedi like (i think)

I tried to not change the size of the eyes... it is mostly just an optical illusion caused by having it lighter around the eyes... think women making their eyes look bigger (therefore more sexy) with black eyeliner.... simple and easy! Also try adding a shadow on the eyeball as that gives it more depth and stops it sticking out so much giving him the mental "i'm gonna kill YA!" look.
hope that helps.

A good skin that just needs a little work to really bring it out.

I hope that helps anyone who reads!

Arco:deathii: \m/

Master Bodle
08-13-2002, 05:00 PM
Sorry to burst ur bubble Mix_Master2k but Ki-Adi-Mundi is now a Jedi Master not a Jedi Knight as he was in Ep I. Im not picking fault really just saying. But it will be great to play with him in game.

I wish my ex would just P*SS OFF !!!:fire2:

adillon
08-13-2002, 05:01 PM
what do you get when two-face from batman meets ki-adi-mundi from star wars?! j/k arco.

seeing the halves of the skin together like this is very helpful in being able to decribe the pros and cons of each. i'm assuming that arco's version is on the left, so i'll be referring to arco's as left and grafox's as right.

- i think the skin tones/colors themselves are more "genuine" in the right one, but need to be blended together like the left one.

- the facial hair on the left one looks more realistic.

- i agree with having less white around the eyes themselves (less highlight), but the skin color around the left one makes it look like he has a blackeye. maybe the right eye skintone needs to fade a little more like the left one.

i'm torn - maybe ki-adi-mundi can become the best of both worlds? i dunno ... just my 2 cents.

SiThLoRd><1000
08-13-2002, 05:08 PM
I love this model already!!! I want it to come out. The Adillion post makes some good points as well. Lets see some Updates!

:kiadi:

:yeldance:

sathanas
08-13-2002, 05:35 PM
Now now, SiThLoRd, let's not rush them. I think arco makes some good points there, hopefully in the end we'll have 'the perfect skin'. But it rocks already.

Grafox
08-14-2002, 02:45 AM
Just a little update, been really busy these last few days. Expect a visual update soon.

Grafox
08-14-2002, 03:55 AM
update pic!

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_update.jpg

Master Bodle
08-14-2002, 06:32 AM
This model is lookin SO cool. He looks almost perfect in the face !!! This will be a model that everyone must have !!! Its so good that loads of the Jedi are being made at the moment. Keep up the good work.

Grafox
08-14-2002, 07:27 AM
Here's an ingame shot

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_update_ingame.jpg

keo718
08-14-2002, 08:22 AM
The face looks cool, but have you fixed the pant and boot colors?

Grafox
08-14-2002, 08:45 AM
Fixed
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_clothes.jpg

keo718
08-14-2002, 01:43 PM
Do you have a brighter picture by any chance? This one is hard to see.

Elessar-Eärfalas
08-14-2002, 01:46 PM
man Grafox, ki-adi's comin along real nicely, his jedi costume owns, cant wait till the release!

Darth-Nasty
08-14-2002, 01:59 PM
the skin looks great!

but the beard just looks a bit odd. but spose you can never make a realistic beard by just texturing a model

cant wait for release:)

s_mcclaydia
08-15-2002, 01:57 AM
Very nice indeed. Glad someone finally decided to produce Ki-Adi, this project has been a long time coming. Great Job.

Elessar-Eärfalas
08-15-2002, 02:05 AM
hey guys, once ki-adi mundi's done...wut do you plan on for ur next project? or have u not though tthat far ahead yet...;)

inbredyokel
08-15-2002, 02:52 AM
The area around his eyes is still a little too dark. Right now it looks like his eye sockets are sinking into his skull. I think if you lightened the dark areas a little and blended the lower half of the purple areas into the lighter skin more, he'd look less decrepid. Otherwise, it's looking like its about ready to be released.

rut-wa jodar
08-15-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Grafox
Fixed
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_clothes.jpg

OMG ! this model ROCKS !!!!
:yoda: :mace: :kiadi: :aobi:

K.O
08-15-2002, 09:17 AM
w00t! Can't wait for this to be finished with the sounds and all.

SiThLoRd><1000
08-15-2002, 01:48 PM
That looks quite amazing. I can't wait for it. You guys keep up that awesome job. :kiadi:

SithMaster01
08-15-2002, 02:10 PM
I can't wait for it

Psyk0Sith
08-17-2002, 01:59 PM
Grafox, could you mail me the updated skins? thanx

Looks like the taunt sound is gonna be somthin' like "Your mother" hehe. Are Jedi's allowed to say stuff like that??? :)

No one was able to record Ki's audio from Jedi Power battles (Dream Cast), the only option left was TPM DVD.

my next project if i have time, and if Grafox is down with it too, that would be cool!
Even Piell (very early HEAD test) (http://www.renegademods.info/users/psykosith/ep_jk2test.jpg)

Darth-Nasty
08-17-2002, 02:16 PM
i reckon you should ask round the forums for someone who could do a good kiadi impression and get them to say a good jedi-like taunt

i would prefer a decent taunt to a genuine one:)

Eklin
08-17-2002, 08:31 PM
There's still one problem that I can see.

In this pic that you posted: http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/kiadi_update_ingame.jpg you can see that his lips are too pursed, so it looks like he's trying to kiss whoever he's fighting with.
Perhaps if you make the shadow under his bottom lip lighter, and then make his bottom lip a little larger, it won't have that effect.

Grafox
08-18-2002, 03:03 AM
ah, good point I'll see what I can do about that.

Psyk0Sith
08-20-2002, 12:05 PM
So, anyone wants to record taunts/sounds for Ki?

keo718
08-20-2002, 02:40 PM
I'd do it if I knew how.

Grafox
08-20-2002, 02:44 PM
I've got 3 taunts:
- Impossible!
- Your mother
- The sith have been extinct for millenia

I was gonna record some pain sounds and such but my mic gave up on me.

Mix_Master2k
08-20-2002, 03:07 PM
lol,,,yea, just take the line where he says "your thoughts dwell on your mother" and just make hgim say your mother :) I can do the editing if someone can get me the line.

BradFu
08-20-2002, 03:15 PM
Even though I normally like to stick with realistic taunts that a character might actually say, I think I'll be using the "Your mother" taunt when using this model :D It's just too hilarious for such a wise and serene Jedi like Ki Adi to say in his quiet, reserved fashion "Your mother" :D

adillon
08-20-2002, 03:25 PM
just modify it a little to say ...

YO MUTHA!

heheh - j/k :D

nomad
08-20-2002, 03:31 PM
All this talk about the taunts and your Even Piell pic has gone almost unnoticed ;)
What exactly is that pic? I see Adi's body, but is that an actual modelled head attached to it? If it is I guess that's a photo slapped onto it?
If that is a modelled head... very very nice start!! :D

Even Piell would be a great addition to JK2!

About the taunts, I would totally vote against the "Your mother" one. While that is hysterical (and whoever first came up wih that should have mention in the readme) ;) it doesn't really do justice to the nice work you've done in making this model and skin.
Too bad no one has been able to grab any sounds from the video games.
He doesn't have any sounds in Galactic Battlegrounds? (I know a few Jedi do) If he does, at least we could grab those ones easily, unlike this kat file s***!

-nomad

MTFBWY

Psyk0Sith
08-20-2002, 05:16 PM
That is a real head, i only slapped the head on Ki Adi's body to see how it would look in-game (i had some problems with previous models, now i try to check everything so i dont have to start from scratch again)

I suck at textures so the quickest solution is to slap a photo on it.

I dunno if i'll be able to finish Piell, i'm having a tough time modeling the Jedi Robe.

And now i know why most of the characters dont wear baggy clothes, it's a real problem when the arms move, tho Kinja did a great job with Yoda.

Btw, i tought everyone knew how to record audio on a PC??

1.Plug the mic in the Mic line
2.Start audio software like Cool Edit
3.Press record...and say the greatest Jedi taunt ever, or somthin like that.

t3rr0r
08-20-2002, 05:27 PM
Btw, i tought everyone knew how to record audio on a PC??

1.Plug the mic in the Mic line
2.Start audio software like Cool Edit
3.Press record...and say the greatest Jedi taunt ever, or somthin like that.
there's always weird problems like the mic not being recognized, though. :/

sexcellent
08-20-2002, 05:42 PM
LOL "your mother" great idea!

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
08-20-2002, 06:22 PM
Actually Ki does have some speaking lines in aotc. At the beginning of the movie. A few council members, Padme and Palpatine are in his office.

BradFu
08-20-2002, 07:28 PM
I agree with nomad, "Your mother" shouldn't be the only taunt, and shouldn't even be the primary taunt. Instead it should be an easter egg type of thing just to give people a good chuckle :) That's always been a great feature of the Warcraft/Starcraft games, the funny stuff the units say when you click on them too much :D

(PS - I was the one who came up with the "Your Mother" idea. Yay for me! :D Took me a bit to find it, till I realized it was in the Dreamcast Jedi Power Battles thread :) )

SiThLoRd><1000
08-20-2002, 09:09 PM
That would totally kick @$$!

K.O
08-20-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Grafox
I've got 3 taunts

From who? :D

I say go with the sith one. That one is the one that kinda sounds cool in my mind right now. ;-/

Gram_Reaper
08-20-2002, 10:30 PM
not to be a pill, but the shading in his head looks to dark

SithMaster01
08-20-2002, 10:50 PM
i like cheese

Grafox
08-21-2002, 02:34 AM
Just to say KO really rocked and went to some trouble for these lines, great of you man!

Grafox
08-21-2002, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by jessman233
Actually Ki does have some speaking lines in aotc. At the beginning of the movie. A few council members, Padme and Palpatine are in his office.

oo, could you somehow get your hands on mp3 or wav files of those lines?

Deetox187
08-21-2002, 04:21 AM
Whoa hes right, i think i must have had a habit of ffwd'ing past that boring scene. This is what he says

"He's a political idealist, not a murderer."

But you know what? he doesn't sound much like he did in Ep1, in this scene he sounds more like a british guy from a James Bond movie or something. I'd get the lines for you but my copy of the first part of the movie is in svcd format, and i am unable to extract the audio from it unless i fully convert to vcd or avi (takes forever). Hopefully jessman can help get it for you, if not i'll figure something out.

btw since his accent is so apparent in AOTC that kind of opens up a lot more possibilities, couldn't be too hard to find some other british guys voice that sounds similar to his.

dreamer
08-21-2002, 05:40 AM
umm its possible to extract svcd sounds too... use vdub...

Deetox187
08-21-2002, 05:53 AM
hmm i've tried virtualdub before and it wouldn't load the mpeg2 file.. maybe my version is old, i'll update and try again.

EDIT: nope still doesn't work, i get an mpg filter import error, i tried looking for some filters but found none that helped.

Grafox
08-21-2002, 10:07 AM
Hmm, I'll do a search on my "technical help" sites :)

Grafox
08-21-2002, 10:12 AM
With a program like tmpgenc, you can select a period of time you want converted to divx. That way you can only select the lines he says and then convert them and rip the sounds.