View Full Version : Change Empire Air Cruiser to Star Destroyer?

07-08-2002, 09:38 AM
This can actually be done in the patch. ES did it with the Korean Turtle ship.

I suggest this because the Star Destroyer Cheat Unit has Air Cruiser stats, and looks way better.....

Anyone agrees?

Darth Windu
07-08-2002, 10:42 AM
Well i think the aircruisers for each civ should be-
Republic - Republic Cruiser (start of ep1)
Naboo - Naboo Cruiser (start of ep2)
Trade Federation - Battleship
Empire - Star Destroyer
Rebels - Blockade Runner
Wookies/Confederacy/Gungans - original art

07-08-2002, 11:12 AM
Interesting choices, but I think the Imperial air cruiser should be a smaller ship, such as the non-movie Victory Class Star Destroyers, as the star destroyers seen in the movies are so frickin huge they could never even come close to a reasonable scale.

The republic cruiser should be the ones seen during the clone wars at the end of Ep II....essentially small, landable, early versions of star destroyers.

Other than that, I agree with you on the gungans, naboo, wookies, TF, rebels, and confederacy.

Crazy_dog no.3
07-08-2002, 03:43 PM
I thought the Rebel one looked like a Correlian Corvette with just a big gun on top.

07-09-2002, 01:20 AM
I like all of them, except the Empire one.

Darth Windu
07-09-2002, 02:34 PM
JCB - just remember the clone ship is a transport, not a warship.

07-10-2002, 10:13 AM
While I don't normally conslut these sorts of things, I recently was given the cross sections guide as a gift and it says that the "Acclimator-Class Republic Assault Ship" (the mini star destroyer things seen in Attack of the Clones) are capable of, and I quote:

"Orbital bombardments with high yield proton torpedoes and surgical turbolaser strikes [to] hit enemy fortifications........armies entrenched deep underground may be subject to a last resort..........fleet bombardment. Such operations reduce the upper crust of a planet to molten slag..."

Sure as heck sounds like a warship to me. :)

Its weapons would have to be greatly scaled back, actually, to give it the standard air cruiser's level of power.

Darth Windu
07-10-2002, 03:03 PM
Oh...thats quite interesting, the only info i get is from the movies so i thought they were just transport's.

07-10-2002, 06:54 PM
Is this patch avalible on msn the zone,and just think all those air manics will send to your base in online games 100s of air ships to destroy your base

07-10-2002, 11:04 PM
If you're talking about the CC patch, it's not out yet. MaulUK indicates that is should be available at galacticbattles.com on Thursday though.

07-10-2002, 11:19 PM
wicked thanks for that info ill be downloading it straight away on thursdauy also what bugs has it fixed and bassicaly has it included any new stuff