PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Compile Anymore!

JediPunk
07-08-2002, 10:35 PM
WHEN I TRY TO COMPILE IT BRINGS UP THE DOS WINDOW AND CLOSES IN LESS THAN A SECOND WITH NO .BSP! :mad:

HELP! :mad:

DukeSkywalker
07-08-2002, 10:43 PM
I've got no solution 4 your problem, but a friend has such a problem, too.................

after 1 month fine-working compiling an error pops up "not enough RAM"...

on my computer all works fine.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JediPunk
07-08-2002, 10:45 PM
It's not a RAM problem.
It doesn't give me any error, it just takes 1 second for it to close the DOS window and it never compiled it. I've tried re-installing as well... :mad:

Karshaddii
07-08-2002, 10:48 PM
Hey, I bring hope....or despair....

When I first was starting--the exact thing was happening to me--but I didn't know it was a problem cause, like I said, I just was starting. It stumped me forever why it couldent find a .bsp until I figured out the the compiler would not start.

Did the same thing on my friends computer.

All we could do was uninstall, then re-install, then uninstall, then re-install.

try using a different editor and see if their compiler works--or if you must stick to whatever your using, use the classic method of uninstalling, then reinstalling.

Now, wasn't I a big help. LOL

I have problems telling people the obvious.

Plz forgive me.

My point is that it once did the same for me but now it works.

Ok, I'll shut-up

JediPunk
07-08-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Karshaddii
Hey, I bring hope....or despair....

When I first was starting--the exact thing was happening to me--but I didn't know it was a problem cause, like I said, I just was starting. It stumped me forever why it couldent find a .bsp until I figured out the the compiler would not start.

Did the same thing on my friends computer.

All we could do was uninstall, then re-install, then uninstall, then re-install.

try using a different editor and see if their compiler works--or if you must stick to whatever your using, use the classic method of uninstalling, then reinstalling.

Now, wasn't I a big help. LOL

I have problems telling people the obvious.

Plz forgive me.

My point is that it once did the same for me but now it works.

Ok, I'll shut-up

O..K, so it will all of a sudden start working again?? o_O :confused:

Darth Jello
07-08-2002, 11:01 PM
In JK2 or GTK Radiant?

DukeSkywalker
07-08-2002, 11:13 PM
JK2Radiant

It can't be a RAM Problem... in the past he was able to compile bigger maps as well than small 2 minute maps... I don't know what happened...

JediPunk
07-08-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by DukeSkywalker
JK2Radiant

No... It's GTK Radiant.
Jello I told you that before! :p

DukeSkywalker
07-08-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by JediPunk
No... It's GTK Radiant.
I'm sure that he's using JK2Radiant - What did we learn from that? I don't know... ;)

JediPunk
07-09-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by DukeSkywalker

I'm sure that he's using JK2Radiant - What did we learn from that? I don't know... ;)

??
I'm using GTK Radaint. :confused:

Anyway, it's working again!
LOL!

DukeSkywalker
07-09-2002, 12:15 AM
LOL

it seems that it's an extraordinary error that has managed the long way from GTK to JK2 Radiant... :D :D :D

(I know that this sentence has no sense... ;))

Darth Jello
07-09-2002, 03:26 AM
in JK2 mine just does the DOS thing and then it says done in like 2 seconds. It completes the BSP though

Wes Marrakesh
07-09-2002, 04:46 AM
i know 'taint the place but...
nice sig, jello
:lol: :rolleyess:

Darth Jello
07-09-2002, 05:40 AM
ty

Kururin
07-09-2002, 06:04 AM
Make sure you save your map in the base/maps folder then compile it should work then