PDA

View Full Version : Double sabers cracked! Pics inside!

Pages : [1] 2

-Chrono_MOT-
07-09-2002, 01:36 AM
Here's some pics of yours truly testing out Dest's new mod, I'll give you one guess as to what it is and what it promises to bring everyone:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dortiz2k1/dualsaber1.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dortiz2k1/dualsaber2.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dortiz2k1/dualsaber3.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dortiz2k1/dualsaber4.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dortiz2k1/dualsaber5.jpg

Good job Dest! Hammer out the bugs and get this thing released!

Oh yea, and btw this is incredibly fun playing with two sabers, he's working on getting and Desaan's one handed stance in the game so you can have a dual-saber stance.

KBell
07-09-2002, 01:39 AM
:eyeraise: <-------- i think this will explain what im feeling right now. i must have been staring at those screens for 10 minutes!!!

Fantastic work and PLEASE submit it to jediknightii !

Kururin
07-09-2002, 01:43 AM
That's amazing but can you have two different colored lightsabers at the same time?

El_graco
07-09-2002, 01:43 AM
great news

will it work in singleplayer

Kururin
07-09-2002, 01:44 AM
Copier!!!!!!

El_graco
07-09-2002, 01:46 AM
sorry boba my bad il edit it

Kururin
07-09-2002, 03:00 AM
Sorry :( I wasn't trying to be mean i was just kidding

morphius_doh
07-09-2002, 03:01 AM
Is there going to be an option to have two diffrent coloured sabres?

Whoops! Didn't see you asked the same question before me, boba

Luuke
07-09-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by bobafett101
That's amazing but can you have two different colored lightsabers at the same time?

i've seen a dual-blade-saber like maul's with two different colors created by tchouky, so i believe it should be possible to do this as well.

darthweaver
07-09-2002, 03:14 AM
how lg till this is on jediknightii? glad to here that you might be able to select two different coloured blades. and now THE question (duu du duuuuuuuummmmmm) could this evolve into duel double bladed lightsabers?

-Chrono_MOT-
07-09-2002, 03:16 AM
eventually, yes you will be able to have two different colors. for now, this will do until dest figures it out more. once i take a better look at the source I will be able to make two saber models instead of both being the same.

Oh yea, and we'll be fixing it so that Tavion and Desann's stances are the ones that use double sabers.

edit: oh yes, and yes you can have two destoyers.

Eklin
07-09-2002, 03:17 AM
Will you be able to select whether or not a player has dual lightsabers?
It'd kinda suck if EVERYBODY had 2 lightsabers and were hacking away. Especially in a bot match, methinks.

-Chrono_MOT-
07-09-2002, 03:22 AM
I've suggested that to Dest, because everyone DOES end up running around with Dual Sabers ^_^.

I'm looking into seeing if this in fact works in SP, which I doubt it does due to different game code. I wanna see that Dooku/Anakin/Yoda fight as much as you do ^_^.

darthweaver, it is hard to tell how long it will be until it is released. I have explained to Dest that it is best for him to get it working to where everyone doesn't have it, it has its own stance, and to where you can toggle it - otherwise it will be a rather pointless mod. I'll have more screenshots for you later.

darthweaver
07-09-2002, 03:23 AM
this is going to be so cool. can't wait to get kick some ass with it

Galactic Magi
07-09-2002, 03:24 AM
o.o;; That better work in SP. That looks great. I hope the handling of two sabers at once fights better looking then the double bladed saber.

Eets
07-09-2002, 03:25 AM
AMAZING! Any way I can help test it? ;)

Darth Patronus
07-09-2002, 03:33 AM
how are u supposed 2 control both sabers at once?

Eklin
07-09-2002, 03:34 AM
Perhaps you could make it like one of the ep2 saber mods I've seen.

You start out with a normal saber, but if you deactivate then reactivate it, it becomes a double-sided lightsaber. And if you do it again, it goes back to normal.

Perhaps this would work with this mod.
It would help to keep bots from running around with 2 sabers, since they never deactivate theres.

-Chrono_MOT-
07-09-2002, 03:37 AM
i'm not sure how he workshis code. currently he has both igniting at once. that may change, I'm not sure. I'm more interested in the modeling side of it (and getting two separate colors).

Darth-Nasty
07-09-2002, 03:39 AM
1.Can you actually swing the second lightsaber or is it just still?

2.Have you managed to alter the stance so it alternates between attacking with left hand and right hand?

3.Can the second one block blaster fire?

4.can you have one dual blade saber and one single blade?

5.can you use different models for each??

:confused:

SithBrakiss
07-09-2002, 03:39 AM
DUDE!
is it just me,or in the screen shot #3,does the guy in the back have two DOUBLE bladed sabers!?!?

ROCK HARD!

-Chrono_MOT-
07-09-2002, 03:43 AM
1. no, animations remain the same but some moves swing both sabers separately, that's why using desann or tavion's stances is vital to the credibility :P

2. No.

3. Yes.

4. No, not yet.

5. Yes, as soon as I take a closer look I can probably figure this one out. It may not be possible since there is only one saber model in MP. If this works in SP, it's entirely possible.

And yes, that is someone holding two destroyers in the background :P

Eets
07-09-2002, 03:44 AM
Look at screenie number two.

See the dueling guy there? It looks like he's holding both sabers in a normal stance, yaknow?

like holding two sabers in one hand.

Galactic Magi
07-09-2002, 03:53 AM
aww........it looks cool but if you cant even use the second saber its kind of useless.

-Chrono_MOT-
07-09-2002, 04:14 AM
you can use the second saber. unfortunately no one has the time or resources to make new animations for the game, so you can't do it at this time. Both sabers do damage - that's one main thing that counts. When the mod is finally released go into Yellow stance or if it's available Desann or Tavion and you will see how much of a difference having two sabers makes.

KBell
07-09-2002, 04:25 AM
Chrono will it work in Single Player?

Garik Loran
07-09-2002, 04:54 AM
No SP source = no SP mods.

But I have an important question for all modders. Will it be open source when it's done?
This is really great!

t3rr0r
07-09-2002, 04:57 AM
i'm glad to see you guys pulled through and showed emon what for. couldn't you do the saber colors by color1 and color2?

-Kztzphl
07-09-2002, 05:35 AM
omfgz - NICE!!!!

crazy_elmo
07-09-2002, 05:45 AM
All I can say is, Fantastic Job, time will tell what can be realized, but Dest has come this far, I am convinsed we will be hearing a lot more from him,

I myself have got his latest scaling mod on my server, and it works perfect !! no problems at all.

Keep up the great work, things that were not possible, are possible now.

Lime-Light
07-09-2002, 05:49 AM
This would really need new anims to be complete, but what is there is AWSOME.

t3rr0r
07-09-2002, 05:55 AM
i was just playing at dest's server and this mod is very impressive and just keeps getting better.

Sith Inquisitor
07-09-2002, 07:02 AM
This mod looks outstanding. I look forward to it. Excellent work.:)

Mr PoopyPants
07-09-2002, 07:05 AM
Dood this is totally awesome! Please try your best to see if you can implement this into SP. I know the source code isn't out, but there still maybe a way.

CoolMoeD
07-09-2002, 07:06 AM
all we need now is a Boc model

defalc
07-09-2002, 09:27 AM
That is so sweet! :D

Is Tchouchky's scaling mod incorporated into this? (plz say so). So we can have extended double sabres and stuff?

Mr PoopyPants
07-09-2002, 09:51 AM
I just wanted to know if you could add it so that you need to kill a jedi and pick his saber up. This is probly impossible, but it would be awesome non the less.

Phi-Ren Le'myr
07-09-2002, 10:23 AM
woohoo, 2 sabers :D Rock'it Brotha ;)

-Chrono_MOT-
07-09-2002, 10:26 AM
if you throw your saber and it is blocked, it will drop to the floor and you will have to force pull it back to you. that is in there.

currently there is no way to pick up someone else's saber, as I believe it becomes a dead entity the minute you are killed.

I agree, that would be nice. Hopefully Dest keeps at it and perfects it for a public release. The way he has it working right now is geared too much towards the fun aspect of it, rather than the actual mod aspect. Unfortunately, I'm not the one coding it so I have no say in what he does. I will be the first person to modify it when it is released, however, because some of the things that are currently in it take away from the mod itself.

Dest
07-09-2002, 10:43 AM
you can toggle everything in the mod. well except for the ability to do backflips and side kicks off of walls while not on the ground cause that was the first thing I added and I didnt put a toggle variable in for it.

cROsIs**
07-09-2002, 11:00 AM
Great job... dont let this turn into another yoda model.... ZzzZZzzzZZZzzz;)

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-09-2002, 11:01 AM
how much you wanna bet that that mod or whatever is ganna suck real big ass? well its ganna unless you can control BOTH sabers.

-Chrono_MOT-
07-09-2002, 11:17 AM
lol everyone keeps saying control both sabers. What? You gonna right click for the right one and left click for the left one? even the Q3 engine has its limitations. Be glad this mod even exists, because it's a step further than you seem to have gotten.

Everything works out for the best in the end. Eventually, you'll see...Raven will see stuff like this and implement professional versions in the game that work flawlessly.

Unfortunately, you'll find something to complain about when that time comes too. The mod doesn't suck, it is a slight drawback having no custom animations for both sabers...but then again having the destroyer with no custom animations is bad too right? I suppose you can do better?

I'm listening.

ben111
07-09-2002, 11:27 AM
looks cool

Galactic Magi
07-09-2002, 12:08 PM
its not so much the not being able to control the second one but if you have two sabers you should at least be able to do some special moves involving the two, just so you get a little nice addition other than another blade.

Dest
07-09-2002, 12:47 PM
The two bladed style should be pretty good once I tweak it. It uses a lot of spinning and both blades get a chance to hit so it sortof does double damage... and if you have /thedestroyer and dualblades...

spining backstabs own with dualsaber :)

Galactic Magi
07-09-2002, 01:01 PM
i cant wait to try this out with two katanas as the Yoda model in the dojo level. Thisll kick ass.

Mr PoopyPants
07-09-2002, 01:06 PM
Well he did say that Tavion's stance does move the other arm for a couple of attacks, so that will work.

defalc
07-09-2002, 01:48 PM
Just make sure you add Tchouchsky's scaling mod. Then it'll support Yoda and RGB sabres and extendable blades. :)

Sam
07-09-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by t3rr0r
i was just playing at dest's server and this mod is very impressive and just keeps getting better.

theres a server that hosts this mod whats it called

CheshireKat
07-09-2002, 03:30 PM
Very Cool, can't wait to see what you can do with this!

Sam
07-09-2002, 04:33 PM
I found the server but how do you turn dual sabers into single saber and i found a bug when you get the saber blocked it falls but the blade sticks out the side ov the hilt so it looks like a T

and in the clear stance the sabers are at your side only other people see it to you it look like your holding the sabers in a X and it looks like your holding them in one hand

t3rr0r
07-09-2002, 07:09 PM
to turn dual on and off, "/twosaber".

"/sit" is uber fun, too.

rut-wa jodar
07-09-2002, 07:24 PM
why does the mod screw up when playing offline ???

fartvader
07-09-2002, 07:46 PM
shucks i can't see the screenies, i get a "can't find server error" , anyways will this mod be somewhat like that mod for jk1, my friend says there's a mod for jk1 which allows doublebladed lightsabres (destroyers) and one lightsabre but double the length of a normal one, cause your mod would rock so hard if you implement dual wield, dual wield destroyers and normal destroyers without cheats where the second blade from the destroyer actually does damage, and lastly that one sabre with double length that would be so cool, maybe you could make it an option when choosing the character and sabre color that they also have to choose what to wield, a destroyer, dual wield destroyes, one double length sabre, a regular dualwield or just a regular lightsabre, maybe even a adia gala stance or what's her name again from jedi power battles where she holds her sabre upside down

morphius_doh
07-09-2002, 07:49 PM
FYI Dest, There is a thread running that claims to have made custom animations for the double-bladed sabre. Maybe you can strike a deal and have him/her share the information on how this was done.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67957

SithBrakiss
07-09-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by morphius_doh
FYI Dest, There is a thread running that claims to have made custom animations for the double-bladed sabre. Maybe you can strike a deal and have him/her share the information on how this was done.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67957

He's already ontop of it dude lol
Dest:"New Saber Anim...." *BOLT*

lol

Emon
07-09-2002, 09:23 PM
Great work!

JO would already have this such thing if it had used my saber combat system idea (for control and stuff) but unfortunatly there was no way they could have known about it... The engine probably wouldn't support it, either, heh.

morphius_doh
07-09-2002, 09:24 PM
Whoops! My bad.

annoyedbyu
07-09-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Mr PoopyPants
Well he did say that Tavion's stance does move the other arm for a couple of attacks, so that will work.

wtf? tavion stance? desann stance? oukee someone feel free to feel me in what this is all about. btw an easy(theoretically)way to implement the second saber would be lie in ep2 when anakin fights dooku. he does a 360 spin starting with one saber and after the spin hits with the other one. very cool though, i hope this would appeal to some guy in raven and we'll have help.

Emon
07-09-2002, 09:29 PM
Exactly. You can use the Tavion and Desann stances which are one handed versions of the light/heavy stances. Then you add some spinning to the player and you've got something almost like EP2, except that the second saber will be no use unless for blocking. Attacking would kind of be pointless since you won't actually be SWINING the saber.

SithBrakiss
07-09-2002, 09:38 PM
yes,but by what dest says,because of the animation of a few of tavions moves....you can actually HIT with the 2nd saber as well,which would make the corkscrew flip attack very fun.

morphius_doh
07-09-2002, 09:39 PM
I wonder if anyone has thought of somehow binding the two sabre moves together (somehow with the game code) so that both sabres would be usefull. Though I'd reverse one of the sabre moves to avoid any overlapping or any oher possible problems.

Emon
07-09-2002, 09:49 PM
The real issue will be gameplay balance. Is using two sabers going to be in every way superior to one saber like all the lightstaff mods for JK1? I sure hope not, because it SHOULDN'T be.

Using dual lightsabers should be used for mainly offense, as Anakin did in EP2. It's also very difficult to quickly switch from attacking to defending, unlike only using one saber.

So... For balance, this is what you need:

One saber:

Easy to switch from attack to defense, etc. Leave this the way it is in the 1.04 code.

Two sabers:

Once you start attacking, your defenses are down. You should be able to chain together multiple attacks while moving forward with spins and such (as seen in EP2). Switching to defense will require you to stop attacking, and wait a second or two to "adjust" to defense. Defense should involve blocking and spinning with both sabers (as seen in EP2).

Defense should be weak against blasters and other projectiles. Blocking with two lightsabers is a bitch compared to one when it comes to blasters because you've got only one hand for each saber.

Sooo... to sum it up:

Single lightsaber has the advantage because it can easily switch from offense to defense and has the greatest amount of defense when it comes to blasters.

Dual lightsabers have the advantage on offense because you can chain together multiple attacks and just pummel your enemy if he's not careful. Disadvantage is that it's harder to switch from offense to defense, and you leave yourself open after pummeling on your enemy (because you switch to defense). Also not the greatest thing for defending against blasters.

This way, you can have a single saber opponent still defeat a dual saber opponent... because if you can't it'll suck if everyone has to run around with two sabers (remember Spork from JK? Lightstaff was always better than lightsaber).

Master Burner
07-09-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by $am
I found the server but how do you turn dual sabers into single saber and i found a bug when you get the saber blocked it falls but the blade sticks out the side ov the hilt so it looks like a T

and in the clear stance the sabers are at your side only other people see it to you it look like your holding the sabers in a X and it looks like your holding them in one hand

so whats its Name/IP?!?!?
wanna try it out :D

t3rr0r
07-09-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Emon
Using dual lightsabers should be used for mainly offense, as Anakin did in EP2.
what about what's-his-face in the arena? he was on defence with his two sabers. i know you said mainly, but this makes it pretty much 50/50.

Emon
07-09-2002, 10:15 PM
No one in the arena used two sabers at once... Although sometimes it looks like it because so many Jedi are in close proximity.

It's meant for MAINLY offense because you can attack quickly and constantly pummel your enemy, and kill them real fast if they can't block.

The best thing you could do to demostrate defense is this:

Hold a broomstick in your hand like a lightsaber. Now have a friend shoot some Nerf darts at you. It shouldn't be too hard to block them or get close to blocking them with the broomstick. Okay now hold a broomstick in each hand and do the same thing. You'll see how tough it is to block them or almost block them (come close to hitting them) with two sabers. You could try it again holding the broomstick in the middle like a lightstaff. After a few minutes of adjustment, this should actually be the most effective at blocking (the lightstaff).

t3rr0r
07-09-2002, 10:18 PM
No one in the arena used two sabers at once... Although sometimes it looks like it because so many Jedi are in close proximity.

It's meant for MAINLY offense because you can attack quickly and constantly pummel your enemy, and kill them real fast if they can't block.

The best thing you could do to demostrate defense is this:

Hold a broomstick in your hand like a lightsaber. Now have a friend shoot some Nerf darts at you. It shouldn't be too hard to block them or get close to blocking them with the broomstick. Okay now hold a broomstick in each hand and do the same thing. You'll see how tough it is to block them or almost block them (come close to hitting them) with two sabers. You could try it again holding the broomstick in the middle like a lightstaff. After a few minutes of adjustment, this should actually be the most effective at blocking (the lightstaff).
actually, one jedi knight does use dual sabers.

and the lightsabers are just that... light. the weight is mainly in the hilt and should in no means be compared to the weight of a lengthy broomstick.

Emon
07-09-2002, 10:21 PM
Actually, they aren't light, they are composed of an energy not explainable with the physics of our universe, but I won't get in to that.

Doesn't matter if it's just the weight of the hilt. Holding two lightsabers and controlling them and accuratly blocking a ton of shots is still much harder, even for a Jedi. Sure, you could block every Bryar and E-11 primary fire shot that comes at you with two lightsabers, but when you try to block all secondary E-11 shots and a full repeater stream, you're going to run into trouble.

t3rr0r
07-09-2002, 10:24 PM
it's still not the weight of a sword or broomstick... and you left out the improtant factor of the force.

Emon
07-09-2002, 10:26 PM
I KNOW it's not the weight of a broomstick, but it doesn't matter. Controlling a lightsaber in one hand is harder than in two even with the Force.

Besides, gameplay balance is more important than realism. If you make two sabers in every way superior to one saber, then the whole thing is worthless.

morphius_doh
07-09-2002, 11:25 PM
OK people lets all cool our jets!

remark 666
07-10-2002, 01:34 AM
I'm sorry, I'm not gonna read through all that but answer few questions real quick

-is this gonna have it's own extra stance ?? (like blue, yellow, red, etc...)
-if yes what color will it be ? (like blue, yellow, red, etc...) I suggest green
-can you throw both of them ?
-when you activate or deactivate the saber, do both of them go off ?

this is really cool, I won't say much more but you guys should REALLY check this out, I mean these two things together would blow any other project appart, 2 teams like that can really make a big difference in the game style, they got the animations and you got the sabers and stuff, you two should talk :)

http://www.styleoversubstance.net/

Dest
07-10-2002, 01:57 AM
Actualy in desann's stance both sabers are usefull, when you press right and swing you usualy hit with both of them cause he does a spinning thing. And desann's stance is somewhat slow so its defenses are sortof like the red stance. I actualy lost in a fight against someone with a single saber cause they kept hitting me while I was doing a double sabered spin move.

Dest
07-10-2002, 02:19 AM
You can't throw both sabers(it would look weird for one and there was only one variable for throw so I couldnt really do it)

Both sabers go off and on together(there is only one variable for on/off sabers)

Blocking lots of weapon fire with two sabers is fun :)

-Chrono_MOT-
07-10-2002, 02:39 AM
yea, I was that guy with the single saber :P

never underestimate the power of a trained swordsman. even with two sabers (in Desann's stance) it doesn't guarantee a win-win for you. BOTH sabers do damage, and BOTH sabers swing with the arms. Do the backspin or DFA and you will see what I mean. Any move that has both arms moving uses both sabers, which BOTH do damage. Backspin is twice as lethal now because both lightsabers hit, making it difficult to hit you and making the surface area for hitting greater.

Keep desann's stance. Scrap Tavion's.

inbredyokel
07-10-2002, 02:45 AM
I think balance really should be addressed as more complex mods come out. Think about the resizing mod. You just know every server running it is going to be full of yodas or other small characters pummeling each other. Anyone with a normal sized character will quickly be beaten to death because they're so much easier to hit. So what would be the point of resizing yoda if everyone else will be small anyway? The same could end up being true for dual sabers. What's the fun if EVERYONE will be using them? What's even the point of adding an extra stance if no one will use the single blade stances? If this isn't balanced, it could quickly go from something really cool and fun to having every dual saber server filled with n00bs spamming double backstab against each other.

Emon
07-10-2002, 03:29 AM
And since the authors seem to have no concern for gameplay balance at all, this mod is going to suck donkey nuts.

Lucko Mabri
07-10-2002, 03:37 AM
*Cough*Emonstop****ingflamingeveryoneyouratbastard givesomecriticizmtohelptheseguys.stupid********Cou gh*

remark 666
07-10-2002, 03:38 AM
no, even if it is sucky (which I dought it) someone else will take over and make it even better (I see that happening in either case).

I still want to try it, something new.

t3rr0r
07-10-2002, 03:53 AM
And since the authors seem to have no concern for gameplay balance at all, this mod is going to suck donkey nuts.
have you even tried it, emon?

Ray Stantz
07-10-2002, 04:32 AM
At least this way I could recreate the battle how its suppose to be. Aka Dooku using two sabers vs Yoda.
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/cut/dualdooku1.jpg

I dont care how long it would have been, most of the stuff they cut out of Ep2 would have been the coolest aspects. Such as the fact that Anakin actually gets pissed off and hits Dooku at one point.

Master Burner
07-10-2002, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by inbredyokel
I think balance really should be addressed as more complex mods come out. Think about the resizing mod. You just know every server running it is going to be full of yodas or other small characters pummeling each other. Anyone with a normal sized character will quickly be beaten to death because they're so much easier to hit. So what would be the point of resizing yoda if everyone else will be small anyway? The same could end up being true for dual sabers. What's the fun if EVERYONE will be using them? What's even the point of adding an extra stance if no one will use the single blade stances? If this isn't balanced, it could quickly go from something really cool and fun to having every dual saber server filled with n00bs spamming double backstab against each other.

actual i just played it and it seems a lot of ppl still want to use single blade (me included) not that the 2 blades aren't great because it is, but i don't want to only use 2 blades all the time it will be boring in the end... and i tried the Yoda size... its fun to whack one of those in the big size with it and its great for hiding but that is it... i won't be using that as much either... (mainly because i like the idea that i have my own private Jedi in the fights....)

t3rr0r
07-10-2002, 05:19 AM
well, the yoda size is for the yoda model. since the yoda model hasn't been released, you see kyle.

Emon
07-10-2002, 05:30 AM
It's released? Where? I must have missed that...

t3rr0r
07-10-2002, 05:33 AM
the server, when up, is 65.35.84.123:28070.

darthweaver
07-10-2002, 05:34 AM
hm same here. is it out now and, if so, where is it

inbredyokel
07-10-2002, 07:03 AM
actual i just played it and it seems a lot of ppl still want to use single blade (me included) not that the 2 blades aren't great because it is, but i don't want to only use 2 blades all the time it will be boring in the end... and i tried the Yoda size... its fun to whack one of those in the big size with it and its great for hiding but that is it... i won't be using that as much either... (mainly because i like the idea that i have my own private Jedi in the fights....)

Well, if 2 blades are great for killing, and the smaller yoda model is good for taking out larger players, then that's all that matters for n00bs who want to rack up kills. It doesn't matter if it gets boring after a while, 80% of the people using the mods will still abuse them just to get the highest score.

Horrorz2002
07-10-2002, 07:16 AM
From what I have heard and seen so far, this seems to be quite an amazing modification indeed! I have but a few small questions....

First off (I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I want to confirm)...with this modification enabled on my server, will people be able to still use different lightsaber styles? (Such as, one person might want two sabers, the other person might want a single lightstaff, etc)

Second...what other modifications are you planning to include in this package along with +dualsabers?

Is it possible to disable certain lightsaber styles while the character is using a certain form of fighting? (IE, can I disable every stance other than desanns on my server for anyone that is using 2 lightsabers simultaneously, while other folk using different lightsaber fighting forms are not affected?)

When is this modification expected to reach us players?

Thanks...I'm sure I'll have more questions later...but this is top of my priority list for now ;).

t3rr0r
07-10-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Horrorz2002
First off (I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I want to confirm)...with this modification enabled on my server, will people be able to still use different lightsaber styles? (Such as, one person might want two sabers, the other person might want a single lightstaff, etc)
yes. as of now the commands to turn on and off are "/thedestroyer" and "/twosaber".

Second...what other modifications are you planning to include in this package along with +dualsabers?
he's combined it with tchouky's scaling mod, and he has put a few animations into commands. "/sit" has to be my favourite.

Is it possible to disable certain lightsaber styles while the character is using a certain form of fighting? (IE, can I disable every stance other than desanns on my server for anyone that is using 2 lightsabers simultaneously, while other folk using different lightsaber fighting forms are not affected?)
doubtful.

When is this modification expected to reach us players?
dest is running the mod on his server. so it's an on-going beta.

Horrorz2002
07-10-2002, 07:35 AM
Right on! Thanks for the quick reply, t3rr0r.

I'll assume that people will end up modifying the hell out of this mod once it goes public as well.

Mr PoopyPants
07-10-2002, 08:03 AM
Is that Dooku pic real? And does Anikan actually hit Dooku? If so that is crazy that they would of actully taken those scenes out! Madness!
Terror I tried to get into the server but I keep getting the invalid password messag at the bottom. I'm not sure if I'm doin it right. I add the IP into my favorites and I have the server sear just for my server list. Then a game called "Jedi Clan" (something along those lines) comes up, I double click the server, it takes me to the loading screen and thats when I get the "invalid password". Pardon my ignorance, I never go online.

t3rr0r
07-10-2002, 08:37 AM
right now dest has the password on. but it'll come down sometime. don't worry, you'll have the chance to play it. just make sure you have auto download turned on.

Mr PoopyPants
07-10-2002, 08:52 AM
Hey thanks for the fast reply. I don't want to slow down(on 56k) the game so I was just gonna spectate. Thanks again.

Ray Stantz
07-10-2002, 09:34 AM
He probably does hit Dooku, but I dont know for sure because it could either mean he hits him like Luke did to Vader in ESB or like Maul did to Obi-wan or Qui-Gon did to Maul. If you go to www.theforce.net/episode2/cut then it has a list of all the deleted and rumored deleted scenes cut from Ep2. Though I'd rather not go one any more since it doesnt really have anything to do with the Thread.

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-10-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-
lol everyone keeps saying control both sabers. What? You gonna right click for the right one and left click for the left one?

good idea, how about that being the controls???

Ray Stantz
07-10-2002, 10:36 AM
I like my idea of having each blade a different weapon, then again that would probably require tremendous skill to Master it. I think the best thing to do is just have new animations.

t3rr0r
07-10-2002, 10:41 AM
... and a ton of new animations. :o

Dest
07-10-2002, 02:26 PM

authors? its only me.

The balance is pretty much like you suggested in onw of your posts, dualsaber is mostly for attacking usinng spins and stuff. I'll probably lessen the ability of dualsabers to block weapons fire too.

I'm going to include a variable that allows you to cut dualsaber backstab damage in half to prevent the moved from being spamed (especially if you dont have backstab damage nerfing enabled)

And even if it was unbalanced and sucky you can just do
mod_dualsaber 0
mod_dualblade 0
mod_scalemodels 0

and then you have the normal game except with more options like

mod_nerfbs -if 0 backstab damage is not nerfed, if 1 backstab damage is nerfed some, if 2 backstab damage is very nerfed like it came in the sdk if 3 you can set your own backstab damage levels

mod_nerfspin -if 1 can't spin in backstabs

mod_nerflunge -if 1 cant lunge in air

and it has other stuff like a ban command, rgb sabers, and kick tag among other things.

nomad
07-10-2002, 02:46 PM
Keep up the great work Dest!

I'm not sure what you mean by "kick tag"...
How is the kick modified (if that's what it means)?

Are you interested in making it possible to select individual lightsaber hilts in MP?

I know it has been looked into by other mod makers, but I was wondering if YOU think it is possible to place additional weapons to the selectable weapons in MP? Thus maybe enabling you to add dualsaber as another selectable weapon. The same could be true for the dualblades. Perhaps even multiple lightsaber hilts could be selected this way as well.
Though if you accomplished that, it may be difficult to allow for servers to turn off dualsabers and dualblades.

Sorry to distract you, just curious about your thoughts.

-nomad

MTFBWY

Garik Loran
07-10-2002, 09:34 PM
Hey Dest, it's really cool what you are making. I am some kind of coder myself - though still learning - an I have respect for p
eople who can do such things like this two-sabers mod.
But since there are a lot of other mods, minor and major one, in the making it would be sweet to know what you changed and added to the code. So will you release the sourcecode in any way when you are finished?

morphius_doh
07-11-2002, 02:09 AM
I'm having problems with GameSpy so how do you connect to that server?

I typed "/connect 65.35.84.123:28070" in the console but it doesn't connect. All I get is "Connecting...." and the counter.

t3rr0r
07-11-2002, 02:52 AM
the server isn't up right now, to my knowledge.

Eets
07-11-2002, 03:19 AM
I tried to connect to it earlier, but it gave me an "incorrect password" error..

What's the password? :P

t3rr0r
07-11-2002, 03:25 AM
if it says you need a password, dest is likely testing or upgrading client side code.

Azrael
07-11-2002, 07:45 AM
I hate you sooo much. Do you have any idea how much these pants cost me? Bastard.:)

t3rr0r
07-11-2002, 07:51 AM
hopefully the new patch doesn't nerf the mod too much...

morphius_doh
07-11-2002, 08:06 AM
What new patch?

BTW, I was able to connect, but as soon as I spawned I got an error saying "Disconnected"

Dennis W.
07-11-2002, 08:06 AM
I maybe a bit blind but. I got a question. Is this mod already out if I may ask. Because I want it. If anybody knows where to get it plz tell.;)

Eets
07-11-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by morphius_doh
What new patch?

BTW, I was able to connect, but as soon as I spawned I got an error saying "Disconnected"

I too am having these troubles!

What can we doooooo?

-Chrono_MOT-
07-11-2002, 08:40 AM
delete the previous version and switch on downloads.

morphius_doh
07-11-2002, 09:47 AM
What are you talking about?

SithBrakiss
07-11-2002, 09:48 AM
he's saying,delete the mod (or cut it and paste it elsewhere),then turn auto download on,and connect.
my problem is,i cant find the server anymore.

Eets
07-11-2002, 10:05 AM
Well, I managed to get in.

I played for about 45 minutes, and if I do say so myself, I got OWNED. However, the mod plays like a charm!

FunX10! Awesome! I'd give it 15 thumbs up if I had that many.

SithBrakiss
07-11-2002, 10:07 AM
SEE!?
i found the server ONCE......and i got the "Server Disconnected."
thing,but now.....all i get is "Awaiting Connection..." untill about....ohhhh...30!

Eets
07-11-2002, 10:08 AM
I had to download the mod from the server, and then go to setup>mods and load the mod, and THEN I could join.

Dest
07-11-2002, 10:09 AM
yeah nomad all that stuff is possible. Kick tag is like tag except you kick people to tag them.

And yeah the source will be released.

defalc
07-11-2002, 10:30 AM
Dest, seeing as how you're incorporating the scaling mod, will you be able to use team skins in non-team games? Cause in the scaling mod, you can't.

Dest
07-11-2002, 10:39 AM
There is damage scaleing which is basicaly dmg = dmg * (mySaberscale/hisModelScale)

and kick scaleing which is
kickdmg = mySize/hisSize

these can be turned on or off with
mod_scaleDamage
and
mod_scaleKicks

Dest
07-11-2002, 12:28 PM
I fixed the team skin issue

LD1984
07-11-2002, 01:27 PM
I'm sitting all alone in Dest's server right now.

Turn on auto download and get in!
65.35.84.123!!

Reiver
07-11-2002, 02:48 PM
Wow, wow, wow! This is so awesome! Great job Dest! The spin looks so, so, so, awesome! I also got a few questions though.

1. Is it possible for this to work with bots? So I can create my own server and use 2 sabers against bots.

2. Could you possibly list all of the new commands? I only know a few, and am wondering if there is more.

Thanks.

Lucko Mabri
07-11-2002, 02:53 PM
how does scale work in this mod?

jediemceeih
07-11-2002, 03:25 PM
I never play MP with other people on JO because of my modem (56k):(. And I'm not familiar what so ever with entering a game, and I would really like to join this game and just spectate and check it out :). If this is a total newbie comment just tell me rofl. But if not, it would be well appreciated for the information and step-by-step instructions on how to join the game! thanks a lot

pud1
07-11-2002, 03:56 PM
here are some shots i took

http://karnij.homestead.com/files/shot0001.jpg
http://karnij.homestead.com/files/shot0003.jpg
http://karnij.homestead.com/files/shot0005.jpg
http://karnij.homestead.com/files/shot0006.jpg
http://karnij.homestead.com/files/shot0007.jpg
http://karnij.homestead.com/files/shot0008.jpg

hope ya like em

Lucko Mabri
07-11-2002, 04:01 PM
Hey dest as well as how i can i do scale what is with those red boxes?

-Lucko Mabri

Destroyder121
07-11-2002, 04:06 PM
bah i didnt make it:( possible someone could send me the pk3 file to my e-mail or contact in msn Ville_Mattila89@hotmail.com?no worries would use it on against bots & in dests server:)

Reiver
07-11-2002, 04:39 PM
I've tried against bots cuz Dest's server lags to hell if more than 2 ppl are in the game, and all i got was a red stick and a blue glow that was just floating there. I dunno why.

Dennis W.
07-11-2002, 05:26 PM
Hello, Am I like totallly ignored or what. I asked where can you get this mod or how do u get it. I've showed a lot of pics of this too my m8's and they all loved it but they also wanna know when it's out and where u can get it.

MysticSpade
07-11-2002, 05:51 PM
I can't cycle through my game SOURCES or it freezes. So i can't even join the server to use it. N e suggestions on how to reset this problem. BTW the pics look SWEET.

pud1
07-11-2002, 06:27 PM
dennis just set allow download to on (in setup - game options)and just connect to dests server!

i think i've figured out all the lil secrets
except i dunno what the blue special move is

Dennis W.
07-11-2002, 06:44 PM
Thanks pud1. Finally some1 that doesn't ignore me:p .

morphius_doh
07-11-2002, 09:32 PM
I was able to connect and play on the server for about 2 minutes before I started getting Connection issues (I was still in the server but couldn't do anything.) I then disconnected from the server, selected the Mod, and tried reconnecting. Now I get "Server Disconnected" every time.

I also pinged the server and averaged a 155ms wich means it's not a low ping issue.

Dennis W.
07-11-2002, 10:28 PM
I got a question for some1 who made the mod. Why is it that always 1 ppl on ur server get's of those red boxes around him causing to when sabers are taken out the ping of everyone is sky rocketing to in the 900.

zanex
07-12-2002, 01:15 AM
Just A FYI,SOMEONE is banning people before they even get into the server ,only admins should have the right and this A$$weasel is having fun with it ,I AND several others tryed to log in WHEN We where on IRC together ,I thought maybe it was the connection ,So I tryed it out sat there for 6 minutes downloading the pk3 file,GOt into the game and a vote was called to ban me ,GOT booted went back on IRC And confrimed to the rest of the guys that in fact it was true..And now I post over here to info you that this is going on right now...pull voting off the server or have a admin present at all times.THis is no way to run a open beta when you cant even beta test the dam thing...

SillyGoose
07-12-2002, 01:28 AM
Its impossible to be banned by voting. You can be kicked, but not banned, Im sure if you were "banned" the admin had a logical reason for doing so (ex= you were lagging something awful). Did you even try to reconnect? By the way the mod looks cool, even though I highly doubt it will make for more interesting gameplay. Also, will it be compatible with 1.04?

zanex
07-12-2002, 02:09 AM
I was not the admin who kicked us..WE all have cable and dsl ..the booters or kickers where just being rude

Lucko Mabri
07-12-2002, 02:44 AM
Dest u need to update this mod for 1.04! :O Doesn't werk.

-Lucko Mabri

pud1
07-12-2002, 03:01 AM
1.04 patch might be bad in a way and im gonna say why.
Some mod makers like tchouck(sp?) maker of the rbg, scaling, and dualphase componates and others that are good at coding have gone for the summer to vacation.
Now i dunno what all you have to update for the mods to work with the new patch, but since half the jedimod IS the tck mod and he's gone. That may present a problem for updating the jedimod and others. I dunno maybe dest knows how to.

But others just may have the tck mod, or others may have just scaling\saber mod, and tchouck(still bad sp) is gone for vacation.

So as for now im gonna keep the 1.03 patch untill i see the mods i have are updated and Will be updated.

nomad
07-12-2002, 03:30 AM
I'm doing the same thing pud1.
I'd rather have these great mods than the patch right now.
Dest seems like he'll be able to update it though :)

Dest, the damage scaling sounds interesting... nice job.
Oh and the team colors fix!! Thank you!!
Does that mean that all the skin issues should be resolved? I have a couple of ANH Luke skins that would not work with Tchouky's mod as well as the Teams Colors.

-nomad

MTFBWY

PhantomHelix
07-12-2002, 04:52 AM
I think this mod is awesome. I have 2 questions:

1. is it available for download? If it is, where?

2. if it isn't, can u please send the pk3 to me if u want to at telekinetics14@hotmail.com ?

zanex
07-12-2002, 05:02 AM
Could there be a way to run this on a backup server also?not everyone is getting in to try it out,And I was able to try it and its really kool,I will be willing to setup the backup server and run this mod so everyone can play it and have fun

SithBrakiss
07-12-2002, 05:13 AM
i'd start one,but everytime i do....i cant get those red lines to go away!

Terac
07-12-2002, 06:26 AM
When i try to connect, it says Server uses protocol 15 or something, plz help me!!!

PAUL WEISS
07-12-2002, 07:03 AM
What is the server name, or even better what is the server ip?

Reiver
07-12-2002, 07:28 AM
Terac, you have 1.4 The Server is 1.3 I got that but uninstalled and just installed 1.3

PAUL WEISS, the IP is 65.35.84.123

EDIT: And it's called Clan [JEDI] More Jedi's (I think)

Terac
07-12-2002, 09:56 AM
Thx reiver, i got into it after getting 1.03 back. but why couldnt i get dual double sabers? Are they disabled?

Horrorz2002
07-12-2002, 10:01 AM
They are currently disabled.

LD1984
07-12-2002, 12:25 PM
While playing today with some VERY cool people, we discovered an error!

http://ld1984.homestead.com/files/jk1.jpg
http://ld1984.homestead.com/files/jk2.jpg
http://ld1984.homestead.com/files/jk3.jpg

Tee hee. It had 50 foot lightsabers.

Dest
07-12-2002, 12:31 PM
I have all of tchouky's model scaling and rgb code in my mode and I'll update to version 1.04 as soon as raven says how.

The red lines were me debuging saber hit boxes they should be gone now.

I'd set up a backup server but I'm changing stuff fairly often still.

LD1984 did you get that big by doing model big or is it a bug, and if it's a bug how did you do it?

Horrorz2002
07-12-2002, 12:47 PM
Dest, we were fooling around with the largest model (you know which)...don't worry friend, it's a silly bug your already familiar with :) all is good. :saberr: :D :saberb:

Terac
07-12-2002, 12:47 PM
dest, that was me, the big dude, i was playing around with the /model stuff and i was on the reelo model, i dunno how it happened but if u type in the console /model reelo/default you'll turn huge like that. Arondno found out that. But i have no lidea how i got that big in the first place. Also when your that big, its basicly a one hit kill, with 9999 feet long sbaers, u just saber throw and sweeps the entire area, greatly unbalanced. Aaesome job on the mod Dest.

LD1984
07-12-2002, 12:48 PM
I was so scared!

Horrorz2002
07-12-2002, 12:50 PM
Terac -- this 'problem' has already been addressed...it's actually a test...the "reelo" model was scaled to maximum height / size to see the potential of the scaling program...don't worry -- I'm sure our masta will change it back to normal when he's ready to :).

--Lord Horrorz :saberr: :vadar: :saberb:

Terac
07-12-2002, 12:51 PM
Lol LD best be scared of da Darkie, btw Dest, im Darkie & i was the big dude ;)

Reiver
07-12-2002, 02:28 PM
Hehe, that was great. BTW, I'm Andon Mi'Den. I figured if you jump and enter it in console you won't get stuck. I thought we found a bug, oh well.

EDIT: Or if you're on the ground just select it in the Player menu, but you will be stuck in the ground.

zanex
07-12-2002, 03:52 PM
I have to say it Dest this sucka ownz great job:D :D

rut-wa jodar
07-12-2002, 07:06 PM
Dest. this mod is amazing on your server, BUT.............
it SUCKS!!!!! offline WTF !

darthweaver
07-12-2002, 08:23 PM
could you post jediknightii.net, i have a 56k modem so i don't play online alot. pleeaasseee?

morphius_doh
07-12-2002, 08:26 PM
Will there be any more animations for the dual sabres? It gets a little boring, after a while, with just 2 types.

t3rr0r
07-12-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by rut-wa jodar
Dest. this mod is amazing on your server, BUT.............
it SUCKS!!!!! offline WTF !
that's because you only have the client side files. you need the server side files, too. duh.

rut-wa jodar
07-12-2002, 11:28 PM

that's because you only have the client side files. you need the server side files, too. duh.

DOH ! silly me :dozey:

any idea we can expect to get server side mod ?????

Dark Cloak
07-13-2002, 02:08 AM
Eh...somebody said something about setting Gamespy to auto download? I...can't figure out how to do that. Anybody know how?
[edit] And downloading the mod from the server...how would I do that?[edit]

Dark Cloak
07-13-2002, 02:29 AM
ACK! NO! Wait...don't listen to me...I'm stupid. They must have meant the "allow downloads" in the JK2 settings...I'm not as think as you blonde I am...I swear! :D

pud1
07-13-2002, 02:45 AM
doh the server still isnt 1.04 yet, and i went ahead and patched mine arg
dest do you know when you will change it or should i just uninstall and revert back to 1.03 b/c it might take a while?

sunrider4240
07-13-2002, 02:53 AM
Dest, your mod looks awesome. I don't care what anyone says, its looks good. I just have one main concern, how far did you have to tweak the game engine to get this to work? I can't even imagine the amount of hours it took to get this thing to work, but i appreciate every one of them. Thank god for you since the Kairburr Saga mod got the boot. :P i got one other question, is this going to be released to jediknightii.net any time soon? not to push you or anything, i just wanted to know, cause by all means take your time on this. I may have missed it, but i didn't see how it was going to be released, except on the server. But i wanted to wait for it to be a mod released to the community. Thanks man.

zanex
07-13-2002, 03:42 AM
pud1 read the past posts in this section ,Dest Answered that already:D

Darth_Salinous
07-13-2002, 03:47 AM
ive played the mod on the server and its great but i was wondering if some how it could be tweaked to make secondary fire swing the second saber instead of throwing it? neway GREAT WORK GJ GUYS!!!!!

SithBrakiss
07-13-2002, 03:58 AM
sorry dude......cant.
it would take alot of coding,and new animations....no one has made any animations yet....so it would take forever.

pud1
07-13-2002, 04:25 AM
well i dunno if i want to revert back to 1.03 just for 1 server, yanno?

I guess i'll wait until dest patches it

Gen_Blade
07-13-2002, 04:47 AM
ARE YOU GOING TO SEND THIS TO WWW.JEDIKNIGHTII.NET?

CoolMoeD
07-13-2002, 05:17 AM
might as well go back to 1.03, 90% of the servers ive gone to havent upgraded yet

rut-wa jodar
07-13-2002, 05:22 AM
I think dest. will cater for 1.03 & 1.04 users by releasing 2 versions !!!

Mr PoopyPants
07-13-2002, 06:27 AM
A little off topic, but I was just thinkin, since you were successfully able to implement 2 sabers, would it be possible to have duel blasters, Jango Fett style? That would rule.

Phillio
07-13-2002, 11:20 AM
bump!!!

(BTW, is it just me? or is the mod server thingy down? I keep trying but it says: awaiting connection 1..2...3..4..5...6...7.8.......................... ......................30................)

Terac
07-13-2002, 11:25 AM
you'll only be able to join the server when its online, read throughout the thread.

Phillio
07-13-2002, 11:31 AM
Heh, I did read the whole forum........i must have missed something. When will the server be online?

dreddsnott
07-13-2002, 11:42 AM
This is great progress, but it's only going to make gameplay sense if you could somehow require an extra level of Lightsaber Offence Force points to use two lightsabers or a double-blade saber.

Sorry, I just can't wait for the community to be able to make more extensive modifications. I'm used to the way things were done in Unreal Tournament....

t3rr0r
07-13-2002, 11:56 AM
i still think dest should add type of saber to the player set up menu. also, you shouldn't be able to change sabers until you die.

Stormcrow
07-13-2002, 07:01 PM
is it available for d/l yet, and if so, where is it?

Master Toddy
07-14-2002, 01:10 AM
I tried this mod out on the server the other day. It's lots of fun, and the double sabers don't look as bad as I thought they would. I have the same balance concerncs that everyone else does, but I didn't see too much of a problem with balancing when I tried it. Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see this mod released. I do think it would be cool if in a future version, you'd add the ability to wield dual blasters, even though blasters have nothing to do with Jedi, it'd still be fun :).

Reiver
07-14-2002, 01:37 AM
That would be crazy! And a working Jet Pack would be amazing too. That would take ALOT of coding though.

Kstar__2
07-14-2002, 02:15 AM
u can do that too:eek: damn i must get this mod when it comes out, its so great! dest how long will it take, and, where can i find your server?:rolleyes:

darth overlord
07-14-2002, 03:15 AM
truley amazing

Reiver
07-14-2002, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by kstar__2
u can do that too:eek: damn i must get this mod when it comes out, its so great! dest how long will it take, and, where can i find your server?:rolleyes:

Umm, I think u understood us wrong. You can't use the blasters, it was just a thought. The server is @ 65.35.84.123 But, you have to have 1.03 I won't be goin' there anymore for a while cuz I got 1.04 for the Jedi Academy.

t3rr0r
07-14-2002, 03:31 AM
dammit... dest, can you please upgrade soon? :(

rut-wa jodar
07-14-2002, 03:43 AM
I spoke to Dest today on his server and he said that the server side mod may not have dual sabers.
He did not go into too much detail why ???
He also stated that he tried patch 1.03a which is basically 1.04 and he didn`t like it.

I think i will stick with tchoucky`s mod at least it works well offline

Dest
07-14-2002, 04:36 AM
I meant the serverside *only* mod wouldn't have dualsabers. The clientside+serverside mod will. I think I might release two version of my mod. A serverside only mod that is basically the mod without the model scaling code, and a clientside+serverside mod which is the mod as you know it, dualsabers and all.

Andy867
07-14-2002, 04:36 AM
My only concern is that when yielding the dual sabers, is that, although this may sound awkward, you CAN't block laser blasts... so I hope DEST will be able to fix that in the near future. .

Dest
07-14-2002, 04:39 AM
actualy a working jetpack wouldn't be too hard. But I'll leave that for someone else.

rut-wa jodar
07-14-2002, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Dest
I meant the serverside *only* mod wouldn't have dualsabers. The clientside+serverside mod will. I think I might release two version of my mod. A serverside only mod that is basically the mod without the model scaling code, and a clientside+serverside mod which is the mod as you know it, dualsabers and all.

My apologies Dest I got the wrong end of the stick !!:o

I was really impressed when I was on your server, what you have accomplished .

any idea when we can expect to be able download the client/server side mod ?

Horrorz2002
07-14-2002, 04:59 AM
I believe Dest cranked down the blocking ability w/ two sabers to balance it a little more...it's still possible to block lasers (as far as I'm aware) but a lot more difficult with two sabers :).

Andy867
07-14-2002, 05:28 AM
if that's the case, then for SP, can you enable the blocking for dual sabers DEST? that is, if you are making it for SP, as well as mP...

Pyro638
07-14-2002, 05:31 AM
3 words only -

OH

MAH

GAWD............:eek:

Dest
07-14-2002, 06:20 AM
I updated the server to 1.04. I think its working fine. Didn't make any code changes or anything.

with dualsabers you basicaly get a defense level of 2 for the purposes of blocking lasers. (as if the saber defend were at level 2)

The dualsabers also block sabers at a little less than defense level 2.

There is also a variable to scale the blocking percentages of version 1.04 so you can make all sabers block less or block more. (most will want them blocking less I think)

Terac
07-14-2002, 06:24 AM
dest, u da best.

Andy867
07-14-2002, 08:57 AM
Word of the wise. Have sweet dreams for tonight.. for tomorrow is of good tidings... if you know what I mean...that's all from me...

t3rr0r
07-14-2002, 09:07 AM
drat i missed the server being up. :( unless the ip changed....

Andy867
07-14-2002, 09:59 AM
Dest took the server down for the night... Sorry Terr0r.. by the way, weren't you at the BFP forums, too???

IIS_Sithlord
07-14-2002, 05:53 PM
Chrono_MOT if u need Softimage XSI to make custom Animations i have it i would make the animations for ya but im busy with an Attack of the Clones Mod

Andy867
07-14-2002, 05:55 PM
Besides being reply #200, I was wondering Sithlord if on the side, you could take crack at making animations for the second saber, so in a sense, you are helping out Attack of the Clones MOD AND the JEDIMOD... that way we all win... is that cool???

Freakinmario
07-14-2002, 08:53 PM
Ok I know that you have read this 100 times. I try to connect to Dest server with autodownload on but it says Awaiting Connection till 30, 31, 32.... etc.

Can anyone tell me what have I done wrong?

MysticSpade
07-14-2002, 09:51 PM
A simple solution to your problem
IF the name of the server is up you should get a connection no problem, but if you see the IP# you won't be able to connect. This is how it's been 4 me n e ways.

Adonai Saboath
07-14-2002, 09:53 PM
i think you've been going on while his server was offline.

t3rr0r
07-14-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Andy867
by the way, weren't you at the BFP forums, too???
yep i'm still there...
/me hopes to catch the server if it's up today

Andy867
07-15-2002, 12:03 AM
yea, I thought so, but your avatar was different, it was that of Paul Walker, the guy from the Fast and the Furious that wants to be on Vin Diesel's team.but it'd be cool if maybe DEST could have a webpage running of JediLive so people can check then to see if his server is online or offline. but I heard he will be releasing it anyday now, not certain on exact date... my thing from earlier was just a teaser:) ;)

But it'd also be nice if IIF-Sithlord could make the animations for the 2nd saber, since he did say he was an animator for the Attack of the Clones TC, which will be featuring dual sabers w/ animation anyway..

Freakinmario
07-15-2002, 12:48 AM
DEST! This is our current situation.

:sweat: :( :cry7:

This was our first reaction...

:drop2:

This is our next step to find your server and have a peek of your impressive mod...

:sprobe:

Please help us. We beg you.

Gen_Blade
07-15-2002, 03:05 AM
Dest are u going to send this anywhere like www.jediknightii.net or www.jedknight2files.com alot of us would appreaciate it if u would ..........

Phillio
07-15-2002, 03:11 AM
I can't get connected! Is says awaiting gamestate.......then it juts sits there until an error comes up saying invalid game folder.....what do i do? I have the 1.04 patch and have auto-d/l on. But it still don;t work. Can someone help!!??

pud1
07-15-2002, 09:12 AM
whats the server ip i cant find it anymore has it changed?

t3rr0r
07-15-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by pud1
whats the server ip i cant find it anymore has it changed?

Dest
07-15-2002, 01:11 PM
The mod has been released. Look for JediMod v1.0 on jediknightii.net

zanex
07-15-2002, 02:31 PM
Thanks Dest for all your hard work

Kstar__2
07-15-2002, 05:09 PM
too bad it isn't downloadable yet, i'm really looking forward to it

C]-[33S3/\/\@N
07-15-2002, 10:23 PM
This will totally change the way we play JO imho ,

I tested on his server............................

IT RAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

shame about the wait now tho :p

Destroyder121
07-15-2002, 10:59 PM
mod doesnt work... the cvars etc...i cant turn even double sabers or dualblades on with commands mod_dualblade or mod_doublesabers..:(

C]-[33S3/\/\@N
07-15-2002, 11:01 PM
the NEW one?

where is it?

:biggs:

wurstwasser
07-15-2002, 11:25 PM
On jediknightii.net theres only jediMove 2.0, and it only includes the double-bladed saber, and not the dual saber.

Darth_spidey
07-16-2002, 12:47 AM
BUMP!

t3rr0r
07-16-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by wurstwasser
On jediknightii.net theres only jediMove 2.0, and it only includes the double-bladed saber, and not the dual saber.
it's jedimod, not jedimoves.

Andy867
07-16-2002, 01:30 AM
the JediMod they have posted now under the files section is the OLD one, where he hadn't implemented Dual sabers yet... he said last night that he just released it, so it will take a few hours/days for it to be posted....

zanex
07-16-2002, 02:41 AM
My Goodness WTF is up with jediknightii.net why are they are dragging A$$ on Updating the files.I think they should understand this is the BIG ONE that all Of Us have been waiting for..Get with the program, not to mention with all of us checking the site every half hour(some maybe more often)that we are eating their bandwith ,

Freakinmario
07-16-2002, 02:56 AM
:swear: :saberb: :saberr: :dsaber: :nut:

You are dem right. Someone (probably Jediknightii.net) is going to drive us nuts.

:firemad: :attack2:

Freakinmario
07-16-2002, 03:02 AM
STOP! GO NOW ALL OF YOU WWW.JK2FILES.COM!

:lsduel: :thumbsup: 3heart :blubounc: :purpboun: :yelbounc: :bounc4: :ltblubou: :redbounc: :grnbounc:

zanex
07-16-2002, 03:32 AM
I am glad someone is on the ball..As stated before.. Dest this is a work of art ,

Gram_Reaper
07-16-2002, 03:46 AM
i am having troublew activating the duel sabers in multiplayer. If someone can help it would be great. Oh Dest nice touch on the saber coloring and extension

namedinaday
07-16-2002, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Gram_Reaper
i am having troublew activating the duel sabers in multiplayer. If someone can help it would be great. Oh Dest nice touch on the saber coloring and extension

I think you have to turn mod_Dualsabers on and start new game then you turn lightsaber off and type in /twosaber at console screen.

Gram_Reaper
07-16-2002, 04:10 AM
thanks man

12thMonkey
07-16-2002, 04:24 AM
sorry if i sound completely stupid but i am a newby to finding this mod. i just dowloaded the mod but it did not work when i loaded it.

do i need a patch and so which one or is there another reason

pleeeeeeeeze let me know i need this mod know.

Zathu Koon
07-16-2002, 06:09 AM
Whats the command for changing the individual saber colors?

I'm trying to get one blue, and one green.

MaulerZ
07-16-2002, 06:52 AM
(The way i feel about this in a nut shell): :drop2: :drop2: :drop2:

K.O
07-16-2002, 09:10 AM

yep i'm still there...
/me hopes to catch the server if it's up today
Yeah t3 it is. :D Right now! Btw, are the forums good or bad these days? :o

Andy867
07-16-2002, 09:12 AM
you need to go under Setup, and look from TCK Sabers, and there you can adjust the invidual saber colors.. and Shogun, to make the mod work, when extracting it, make sure to have use folder names checked, or it won't install properly... then you can join a server with the JediMod running, like mine...

**||GATEWAY WEST 1.4 JediMod||**
2.7mb downstream, 1.7 Mb upstream server....

K.O
07-16-2002, 09:17 AM
Dest... 2 questions.

1) Don't you have a website or something for this kick ass mod??

2) Do you ever visit your server?

Suprise! Third question..

3) How come when I try to run a server I can only get 3 of the 5 saber styles and only the single and double bladed saber?

MysticSpade
07-16-2002, 09:23 AM
you need to go under Setup, and look from TCK Sabers, and there you can adjust the invidual saber colors.. and Shogun, to make the mod work, when extracting it, make sure to have use folder names checked, or it won't install properly... then you can join a server with the JediMod running, like mine...

**||GATEWAY WEST 1.4 JediMod||**
2.7mb downstream, 1.7 Mb upstream server....

what do u mean by check to use folder name. do u mean don't extract it to gamedata ot what i'm cinfused.

Sinister1
07-16-2002, 09:58 AM
Does this mod need the latest 1.04 patch to work?

When I downloaded the Zip file, i took all it's contents and placed it in the GameData dir, was that the correct thing to do?

Thanks

Andy867
07-16-2002, 10:45 AM
when using winzip and you push extract, there appears a window that shows the place it is extracting to, and Under that, near the bottom, is an option to "Use Folder Names"... this will install the mod into the gamedata folder, but use the folder name "JediMod" and place the actual files there(in the JediMod folder), which is a subfolder of Gamedata... and yes, this mod needs the new 1.4 patch to work properly...

Phillio
07-16-2002, 12:26 PM
Whenever I try a console commnand with this mod, it says "No 2nd instance" or something like thta a bunch of times........what should I do???

Weapon X
07-16-2002, 01:13 PM
allright, i have jewish Windows ME and my winzip doesn't have the "use folder names" so can i just create a folder titled JediMod and place the files in there? i think i can cuz when i did that it showed up as "JediMod v1.0" in the setup: mods screen, but when i loaded it my screen went white and basically locked up, is that because the patch? and what is the TCK sabers (or whatever) is that gonna be in there when it works properly? i might have it figured out by the time anyone replies but if i don't please help

Weapon X
07-16-2002, 01:39 PM
never mind:thumbsup:
now i can be anakin w/ :saberb:&:saberg::evil2:

Sinister1
07-16-2002, 03:48 PM
when using winzip and you push extract, there appears a window that shows the place it is extracting to, and Under that, near the bottom, is an option to "Use Folder Names"... this will install the mod into the gamedata folder, but use the folder name "JediMod" and place the actual files there(in the JediMod folder), which is a subfolder of Gamedata... and yes, this mod needs the new 1.4 patch to work properly...

Don't worry, i ended up figuring out how to do it, thanks for the help anyway. Actually, i didn't install the 1.04 patch and it still works for me.

I can't wait till the author adds more and more to it with each new version.

Andy867
07-16-2002, 04:38 PM
but you might as well update your game, seeing as how nearly every server, including mine, is going to 1.4... but you don't HAVE to... just a suggestion...

Also, after talking with DEST, some possible future implementations might include
- toggable saber hilts for clients
- ability to ignite dual sabers, one saber at a time
- ability to activate destroyer, one blade at a time

Well, I am off to enjoy the mod... Later Much!

Sinister1
07-16-2002, 05:27 PM
Yes, I will indeed update my game.

As it stands, i don't play on-line much due to my 56k connection. My weapon of choice is the lightsaber and with a ping of around 500, i just find it almost impossible to have a good time:(

At anyrate, the mod is fine as it is...i'm simply grateful that we have one(people having been dying to see one along with double-edged blade), but as it gets new moves, extra little tweaks such as thoes you mentioned - it will keep getting better and better.

As I see it, even when the left arm/saber does eventually animate and move along, i still believe that a skilled single-saber player does stand a good chance of defeating someone with two sabers, simply because their moves are a little quicker and someone with two sabers leaves themselves open a little bit more when in full swing.

I look forward to seeing more updates to this mod.

Destroyder121
07-16-2002, 06:05 PM
games ip is that...gamesname is JediMod 1.0 used here!my server!its deciated so i cant restart rounds manually.join in.dang comp crashed...have to restart server..sorry come join about in 2 mins

pud1
07-17-2002, 05:30 AM
dang dest's server has been down for a while
I guess I'll try some other servers :(

Darth_spidey
07-17-2002, 06:05 AM
Hey, is there anyway to use the two light sabers in a multiplayer game against bots. Even if it doesn't work as well, I'd still like to know. Thank ya. I tried the mod_dualsaber command and it said it was already at "1" then when I tried /twosaber command it said it was "unknown command" whats up?

MysticSpade
07-17-2002, 08:18 AM
My server is also running the full version of this MOD if any of you would like to play when Dest's is down.
Mystic's House O' Pain
that's the name but it's non-force it's up to you guys it's just an offer.

namedinaday
07-17-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Darth_spidey
Hey, is there anyway to use the two light sabers in a multiplayer game against bots. Even if it doesn't work as well, I'd still like to know. Thank ya. I tried the mod_dualsaber command and it said it was already at "1" then when I tried /twosaber command it said it was "unknown command" whats up?

Did you have the saber off when you entered /twosaber?

pud1
07-17-2002, 08:21 AM
IP please :D

MysticSpade
07-17-2002, 08:22 AM
I not know the IP just look under FFA in game server list. It will be there.