PDA

View Full Version : A Question(s) only a smart person would know

Darth Jello
07-12-2002, 05:18 AM
ok, i need somebody to explain step by step, can i have a switch activate some fx_runners and trigger_hurts at the same time for like 5 seconds????

and, how do you get a func_train to stay at a path_corner for a certain amount of time?

oh, and i have a shild regenerator thing (the thing that gives you more shields) and i just walk right through it. do i use caulk or does that make it so i can not access it?

well, i hope my first q isnt to hard (lighting flames at some random spots and having them hurt ppl)

RichDiesal
07-12-2002, 05:35 AM
1) Scripting, scripting, scripting. You might be able to finagle it with a func_timer, but I dunno for sure.

2) Set the key "wait" and a value on the path_corner itself.

3) Clip brushes, just like a misc_model.

:)

Darth Jello
07-12-2002, 10:16 AM
well i havent used a misc model :p

oh, can i just have the flames turn on at random times along with the trigger hurts (now for like 10 seconds)

i need step by step directions, not, "oh you just connect this to this and put key BLAH value NERF"

RichDiesal
07-12-2002, 10:20 AM
Well that would take all the fun out of scripting now wouldn't it? :p

I haven't actually done it myself, so I don't know exactly what you'd need to do... it's up to you to experiment unless some other individual with a lot of free time wants to try it for you. :p

Darth Jello
07-12-2002, 10:27 AM
Im a noob, see i only have like 20 something posts, i dont even know what scripting is :p

(sorry if i sound angry)

Manquesa
07-12-2002, 10:37 AM
I may wrong, but I don't think fx_runners are switchable. You may be able to apply a func_timer to a trigger_hurt like rich said though.

You're gonna have to think outside the box on this one. Like maybe, if you have a fire on the floor, make the floor a func_door so that is covers the fire and then lowers when triggered to reveal the fire which will of course hurt you (with a trigger_hurt of course). You'd have to be more creative than that though so it doesn't look stupid.

RichDiesal
07-12-2002, 02:40 PM
No fx_runners are triggerable just like any other entity... remember the SP map with the room-of-death filled with flamejets (where you had to mindtrick the little guy to open the door)? I think it was bespin_undercity...

But yes, it is possible. :) Since you aren't familiar with scripting, I suggest you read the ICARUS Manual (came with 2nd tools release). After that, try out
some tutorials (http://www.massassi.com/coffeestain/).