PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Whose Blue Saber Has Disappeared, Fix W/in!!

Bird Of Prey!
07-12-2002, 06:35 AM
Has your Blue Saber mysteriously disappeared from your Player setup menu?? Read on, I think I have the fix!

A few days ago I noticed that I no longer had access to my Blue Lightsaber. It now looked green even in Team FFA or CTF matches. After talking to a few helpful folks here, I also realized that I had 2 green sabers in the setup menu. Strange thing was that, when selected, one of green sabers would cast a blue glow on the ground and walls.

After trying different configurations, uninstalling mods, uninstalling the game, cutting and pasting *.cfg files, etc., I still had the same problem.

While going through the *.pk3 files in my "Gamedata\Base" folder, with a fine tooth comb, I noticed one called "Lukesaber.pk3." I checked my available Skins and there was no skin matching this filename.

So I renamed the file to "Lukesaber.bak", rebooted the game, and the problem was fixed.

Hope this helps!!

Bird Of Prey!
07-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Bump! A lot have read this but no one's replied. I know I'm not the only one who has had this problem and I'd hate to have this post get lost on another page! :ewok:

BucMan55
07-14-2002, 04:32 PM
It's the Luke Skywalker lightsaber hilt. I noticed this too. If you rename it .bak will it still show up in the game??? (The hilt I mean)

Yoda_623
07-15-2002, 12:16 AM
I have the same problem too. I am going to try what you said. Thanks for the help. :)

BucMan55
07-15-2002, 07:00 AM
It's also weird because when you swing the edges of the saber are blue!!

I'll just switch the Luke saber with a Qui-Gon or Dooku.

Maybe that'll fix it.

Bird Of Prey!
07-19-2002, 07:34 AM
I noticed that too. Actually renaming the Lukesaber file will fix it.

HellFyre69
07-19-2002, 07:46 AM
Well I have never goten this problem.. probably because I only use the default hilt

Hiteche5
07-19-2002, 08:08 AM
Heyas Bird of Prey...good looking out. What caused the blue saber to dissapper in the first place? I assume it was a mod or a saber download...do you know which?

Again useful post...thanks

Bird Of Prey!
07-19-2002, 08:22 AM
Hie, I'm not sure when it was installed but it was a *.pk3 file in the BASE folder, not a visible mod.