PDA

View Full Version : Favorite map type

Beefotron X
07-13-2002, 02:43 AM
Just a little something to push down the posts whining about 1.04.

What do you think makes a map the most fun?

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-13-2002, 06:17 AM
All of the above. I like maps that have a lot of interactive elements, they just seem more fun to me. :D

EDIT I take that back. It depends on the map. A duel map doesn't need sniping places, of course. :D

Hanch Saode
07-13-2002, 06:51 AM
I like the ones that are huge and wide....since I like to see how people individualy foght...and all those lightsabers clashing into each other...the feel of a large scale battlefield between Jedi's and Sith's.....aggg....lovely!!!

Duelist
07-13-2002, 07:14 AM
I like wide and open areas because I can jump high! :D

Beefotron X
07-13-2002, 12:06 PM
I like the things that are out of your control, like the series of forcefields in the episode 1 map. You get stuck between them, and you can't do anything but wait.

Mercen4ry
07-13-2002, 03:51 PM
All of the above, but if I were looking for my choice map, I would say a well-concealed sniping point. Of course, people tend to hate me for it in general, but in CTF a good sniper on D can mean the difference between complete victory or total defeat. :D

And for my least favorite, I must say the combo long corridors and big guns. Maps like that (especially Bespin Air Shafts) make JK2 feel too much like a cooridor shooter (reminds me of Half Life Deathmatch) than a jedi action game. :eek:

techsurfer
07-14-2002, 12:38 AM
I like FFA maps that have traps in like in the Death Star where you can fire the laser or squash anyone in the garbage holder. But in a duel map I like it to be simple with interesting fighting points.

Mercen4ry
07-14-2002, 12:55 AM
I too like these areas, but they tend (with the exception of the NS Garbage Facility Crusher) to draw campers to them like a magnet. Sure, a crush kill or a Death Star laser is usually quite funny, but any time I play FFA Death Star there's always one guy sitting down there just WAITING to rack up kills using said events - and I'm usually the one that goes down there to teach him who's boss. :D

However, if you implement such devices properly, they can be quite funny without hampering gameplay. Just as I said, NS Garbage Facility is a great example, as would be the Death Star crusher if it didn't serve as a connection to the upper levels - folks usually take it upon themselves to go after the big items, and just as mappers did it with Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament, occasionally they can come at a price if you aren't quick. :) Seriously though, I think these additions should only serve as the "icing on the cake" that is the map, instead of drawing campers and/or destroying a small portion of gameplay.

Just my $.02. :cool:

JandoFett1842
07-14-2002, 03:52 AM
High positions to snip people!

Yoda_623
07-14-2002, 04:21 AM
I love death traps. Its funny to get people to follow you like in the deathstar and then turn on the laser. :)

Hanch Saode
07-14-2002, 04:35 AM
Hehe...yeah...or smash them to pancakes in the garbage thingy... :)

Clone_1102A
07-14-2002, 08:43 AM
Open Areas, you can use your full potential there

JandoFett1842
07-14-2002, 08:45 AM
Or the Smashing them in the trash compacter!