PDA

View Full Version : How do you find leaks in a map

UltimateZeus
07-13-2002, 11:24 PM
Hi, is there anyway to find leaks in your map. I click on find next leak under the misc menu in GTK and it does nothing. I know I have leaks because I can see them when using the r_showtris command

Please help

Xzzy
07-14-2002, 12:04 AM
In gtk, under the file menu, there is a "load pointfile" option. Use that and follow the huge red line to where it leaves your map. ;)

No idea why the next leak option doesn't work.. it's never done anything for me either.

JediPunk
07-14-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Xzzy
In gtk, under the file menu, there is a "load pointfile" option. Use that and follow the huge red line to where it leaves your map. ;)

I clicked "File">"Pointfile..." and nothing happened, I intentionally left a leak to see if that worked, eveidentally it doesn't...

Xzzy
07-14-2002, 01:52 AM
sometimes entities don't find the leaks.. some maps I've done I've found huge gaping leaks but the game was still lighting properly.

Put a light entity in every hall/room and it should uncover them.

Also verify that a pointfile is being generated.. it should apear in the maps directory.

Quall
07-14-2002, 03:26 AM
It also won't work if you have a huge box around the level. Sometimes when you create the bsp in jk2radient. It will point out leaks for you, and not create the bsp.

UltimateZeus
07-14-2002, 03:35 AM
Thanks a lot. It works. I've found the leak now