PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Bothan Jedi Master

BradFu
07-14-2002, 11:30 AM
Bored at work today, threw this together:

http://windu.cjb.net/bothan1.jpg
http://windu.cjb.net/bothan2.jpg
http://windu.cjb.net/bothan3.jpg

This is inspired by http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/media/screenshots/male_poses.jsp (to the far right)

This Bothan jedi will be in robes. Not sure whether he'll be hooded or not.

Sniper Wolf
07-14-2002, 12:41 PM
Hey man that looks cool. Kepp up the good work!

Eklin
07-14-2002, 12:54 PM
Looking good.
I've been waiting for a bothan model.

Ansible
07-14-2002, 01:07 PM
Wow, that looks really cool. Keep up the good work.

VampireHunterD
07-14-2002, 01:25 PM
This is an excellent idea Bradfu. Keep up the good work. :)

Hey by the way Bradfu, is this Bothan Jedi going to be on our
(you know what)? ;)

*hushes up so no one will find out about their secret project*

Xyphox
07-14-2002, 01:26 PM
That's pretty good. You should make the body fuzzy like the Chewie model.

BradFu
07-14-2002, 03:29 PM
Update :) Refined the head, added hair, which makes it look way different. The idea for this hair is that I will be using alphas like Major Clod did for his Wookiee. I'm far from knowing how to do that, but I'll figure it out (hopefully with a little help :)

http://windu.cjb.net/bothan3.jpg
http://windu.cjb.net/bothan4.jpg
http://windu.cjb.net/bothan5.jpg

VHD: This one probably won't be part of that particular project, I want to take this one in a slightly different direction than that :)

VampireHunterD
07-14-2002, 03:55 PM
Good work on the update of this model man.

And by the way, my part of our project is proceeding as we planned. This project will be good. ;)

Kinja
07-14-2002, 04:04 PM
Hey, awsome Brad Fu! I didn't know you were a modeler, hehe. Look'n good man, can't wait to see him skinned:)

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-14-2002, 04:09 PM
Looks like Camel Joe, man thats funny hahaha

Sounds Risky
07-14-2002, 04:32 PM
Looking very nice Brad.

bliv
07-14-2002, 04:40 PM
Any chance of a Borssk skin coming out of this?

BradFu
07-14-2002, 05:11 PM
Kinja: I'm not! :D Seriously, I've just been toying with modelling for a couple weeks. I'm picking it up fairly quickly, though. For this fellow to get in-game, I'm going to need help since I don't know the more complex aspects of JKII modelling, but I think I've got that covered for now.

bliv: Possibly. I don't know that I've ever seen a pic of Borrsk, what kind of clothes do we think he might wear? The focus for this Jedi Master will be a fully robed look. I'm still undecided whether he'll have an actual body under the robes or not. If I decide to go with a regular body with robes over it, then theres all kinds of possibilities. If any other modeller wants to build off the basic head for other Bothans, they're welcome to get in touch with me at bradfu@msn.com. I intend to make an attempt at the body (robed or otherwise) on my own, but I may not be skilled enough to pull that off properly, so I'm open to offers of collaberation from anyone with more modelling skill than me :) I may draw on VHD for a lot of assistance, though I have some other stuff going with him that may keep his attention away from this guy for a while. I find that I really enjoy modelling heads more than bodies, so if there's someone who is the opposite, then feel free to e-mail me and we can chat :)

I really like how this fellow is turning out so far, so I think I'll keep working hard on him until he's done :) Hopefully I'll have his head completed to my satisfaction tomorrow, and get started on the body. I'll post some updates soon :)

12thMonkey
07-14-2002, 09:53 PM
great work Bradfu. already it's shaping up nicely especially as i have not seen any models from u before.

A point i would also like to make is that the Bothan, from pics i have seen are quite small so please take this into consideration to get it looking even better.

keep up da good work.

Harukaze
07-15-2002, 12:21 AM
I think Bothans generally run on similar heights to humans. Some tall, some short, whatever. Borsk himself I thought was supposed to be somewhat moderate-to-short, and he was drawn in some comics to be slightly taller than Leia. Other Bothans I've seen are quite a bit taller than that though.

The plus is, for those who want to be able to kill Fey'lya, that he looks very similar to the model BradFu is designing. And personally, I can't wait to see a Bothan Jedi; my friend and I were just discussing different races we're missing, and Bothans came up. It's really great that you're correcting this.

BradFu
07-15-2002, 05:38 AM
Update:

I decided to go a different direction with the beard, though I may still use some alpha stuff. I think I'm done with the head now :)

http://windu.cjb.net/bothan6.jpg

Kururin
07-15-2002, 05:43 AM
BradFu what program are you using? I'm using Gmax.

Eklin
07-15-2002, 06:05 AM
For some reason the pics don't wanna show up anymore.

Kururin
07-15-2002, 06:12 AM
They wont show up for me to.

Grets Sirob
07-15-2002, 06:16 AM
I can't see!

:emperor: I shall rule the galaxy.

BradFu
07-15-2002, 06:20 AM
My webserver has been jittery lately, but it should work now. I'm going to see if I can get setup somewhere more permanent (ie, not my server at home :)

Grets Sirob
07-15-2002, 06:22 AM
Oooo.
Pretty.

:emperor: I shall rule the galaxy.

CheshireKat
07-15-2002, 06:26 AM
Looking Good! What's the polycount on that head so far?

BradFu
07-15-2002, 06:35 AM
Pretty high, unfortunately. It's around 1400 right now. I've been trying to optomize without loosing much quality, and having limited success. Often when I do Optimize, it triples the polys in the object for some reason :( I've been doing a lot of by-hand optimization, ie welding extraneous vertexes, and I'll keep that up as much as possible, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to get it much slimmer. This might be counterbalanced enough by the use of a full-robed body rather than legs and all. Anybody who's done robes (Toonces maybe?), can you tell me what the robes, feet, and hands take up?

genthar
07-15-2002, 07:55 AM
Nice work on this Bothan. Hopefull many Bothans won't have to die to bring the final model into the game :D

BradFu
07-15-2002, 09:51 AM
Update! Body nearly completed, just need hands and feet :)

Without Outer Robe
http://windu.cjb.net/bothanbody1.jpg

With Outer Robe
http://windu.cjb.net/bothanbody2.jpg

I'm very happy with how it looks fully robed, I think that's the way I'll be finalizing it :) As soon as I finish the feet and hands, it'll be ready for unwrapping, which I'll definitely need help on.

Kinja
07-15-2002, 10:10 AM
Hey Brad Fu, your Bothan looks awsome. It seems to me you are a natural if you really just started. My advice to you is to stick with this.

VampireHunterD
07-15-2002, 11:05 AM
I agree with Kinja. This is excellent work well done Bradfu. Stick
with it. Keep up the good work. :)

Sebulba-Dug
07-15-2002, 02:25 PM
Thats a really cool model, any other future plans?

bliv
07-15-2002, 11:35 PM
There is a picture of Borsk on the cover of Zahn's Spectre of The Past novel. But he looks rather strange for a Bothan, as he is wearing a vest like thing and more human-style clothes. But he was Chief of State so I reckon he'd probably wear the elegant style gown like your model shows.

Nemesis731
07-15-2002, 11:50 PM
Bothans are one of my favorite races. I can't wait. A jedi Bothan oh how sweet it is.

icepool
07-16-2002, 12:09 AM
Bradfu great job. I remember seeing you model of a alien head a while back and this definately blows it away. Youve definately giveing me motivation to stick with my degree im going for in animation and multimedia. I'm still in the early stages, havnt got my hands on the computer end yet, and seeing what some of these modelers were going through I've been questioning myself quite a bit about it and to see what youve be able to do with a little study over a couple weeks has given me inspiration. By the way anyone know of any free trial versions or certain other programs out there to use?

Ozma
07-16-2002, 12:11 AM
:D
Impressive, most impressive.......
Very nice bradfu. Keep up the good work:)

BradFu
07-16-2002, 08:46 AM
Modelling = 100% :)

http://windu.cjb.net/bothanbody3.jpg
http://windu.cjb.net/bothanbody4.jpg

Final polycount is 3042 :D

I'm going to start unwrapping the robes, I should be able to handle that, but I'll need some assistance on the head and hands, too complex for me. Any takers? :)

Kururin
07-16-2002, 09:03 AM
Perfect; this model makes me want Star Wars Galaxies right now.

BradFu
07-16-2002, 10:36 AM
Skinning has begun:

http://windu.cjb.net/bothanskin1.jpg

Inner robe and 'belt' done. Outer robe is next up after I take a break :)

Nemesis731
07-16-2002, 10:39 AM
Sweet mother of jesus, its beatiful. Only problem I see is the robes hood needs to come out a little more, it needs to hang more, but other than that it looks great.

Ozma
07-16-2002, 10:46 AM
Sweet mother of bob! :eek:
It's so beautiful I could eat it, or kiss bradfu......or not:rolleyes:

Adonai Saboath
07-16-2002, 10:51 AM
i dunno why but he seems a tad bit off proportion to me, can't put my finger on it, but he looks a bit weird........hurmmmm

BradFu
07-16-2002, 10:53 AM
Well, I played around very breifly with the outer robe, and I find I probably won't be able to map it very well, so I think I've reached the extent of what I can do with this model till it's mapped and weighted and all :)

Nemesis: Is this better for the hood? http://windu.cjb.net/bothanbody5.jpg

Ozma
07-16-2002, 10:54 AM
His shoulders are a bit too brod. and a little slimmer. I think that's what may have been off

Lord_Kahn
07-16-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by bobafett101
Perfect; this model makes me want Star Wars Galaxies right now.

dont you want SWG all the time? i know i do:P im gonna live in a whole and play that sh|t 24/7

and brad model looks excellent!
i been lookin for some tutorials for gmax, know where i can find some? im just tryin to do some basic crap so i can make some lightsaber hilts, then mabey some time move up to models of chars.

i tried downloading tutorials from discreet.com but its 15mb and the server is slow as hell, goin 400bytes on my gay ass 56k dial up crap...

i lost my cable last month temp. =(

anyways, keep up the kick ass work!

p.s. - got any plans on makin a c3po model? that would be funny :P

BradFu
07-16-2002, 10:57 AM
I think it looks a little off because of the sleeves. They are VERY baggy, though thats the way I intended them to be :)

Not gonna spam with a new thread for this, but I'm now looking for someone to finish the unwrapping on this fella. Anyone interested, please e-mail me at bradfu@msn.com :)

Adonai Saboath
07-16-2002, 11:02 AM
heh, thats it, its his shoulders....far too broad.....his robe is baggy, not poofy. his shoulders, and maybe the side area of his torso/rib area....

Kururin
07-16-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Kahn
dont you want SWG all the time? i know i do:P im gonna live in a whole and play that sh|t 24/7

Hell yeah, I want it now!!!!!!!!!!!
Im going to be a Bounty Hunter Mon Calamari :mon: :D

pud1
07-16-2002, 12:09 PM
I plan on being a Zabrak Marksman bounty hunter!
and also build weapons in my spare time

nomad
07-16-2002, 04:25 PM
Way to go Bradfu!!!!
That's some Great work you've done there!
Nice, man! You've definitely given me hope. I've just started messing around with Gmax myself. Great to see another modeller come to life.

I love the braids/ponytails!
Hope you can get some help finishing him up.

I would say that the hood is slightly too narrow. You could fix that with the skin, you could paint flat folds around the buldge you've created, but it would probably look nicer if you did it with the model.

Really nice looking model!

-nomad

MTFBWY

Harukaze
07-16-2002, 06:52 PM
Guys, come on, don't spam Brad's thread with talk of Galaxies. Go to the Swamp or whatever the social board is.

As for skins for the model, is anyone lined up yet, and what characters if any are being planned? BradFu, do you have anything in mind for your Jedi? I always love hearing about the serious characters and their stories.

Nemesis731
07-16-2002, 09:55 PM
Its somewhat better but it doesn't look like if he wanted to put it on he could. Look at Mister Punch's Plo Koon robe http://www.geocities.com/plokoonimages/shot6.txt it looks like Plo Koon could put it on if he wanted. I like the skin so far too. Great Job.

BradFu
07-17-2002, 04:20 AM
I'll increase the size on the hood some more, but not as big as Plo's, his hood is huuuge :) He could probably put Yoda on his head and still fit the hood over :D

This Bothan is named Master Fa'row. I'll be skinning him with greying hair. he's older than the normal life-span of a Bothan male. If you want to read a little bit about him, you can check out the prologue to my Calaron Sector Watchmen story http://windu.cjb.net/calaron/stories/prologue.html

I'll probably do an alternate younger skin of him, since I'm going to make him look young to start off anyway, then add age.

TrevHimself
07-17-2002, 04:59 AM
awesome model bradfu! i was wondering if you were planning on letting others skin it? i would like to...but its your model. if you do though, will the parts of the beard be surfaces so there will be more variation?

adillon
07-17-2002, 05:00 AM
i really dig the prologue, BradFu!!

i feel that original characters are probably the best thing that could happen to JKII, and having a story that helps them fit into the star wars universe makes these characters just that much better. good job.

BradFu
07-17-2002, 05:29 AM
Trev: since his hair, beard, and clothes are fairly specialized to his character, I likely won't have too many things changeable on him. I'll see if I can setup the beard to be removeable, as well as the hood and 'belt'. The hair tails and their ties should be removeable too, so there should be a decent amount of customization possible.

I plan on doing at least one additional story outside my main Calaron story, which will highlight Master Fa'row, though I haven't decided whether he'll be a Master yet, and whether he'll have an apprentice. I'm starting to really like the character, and the events in the Prologue just beg to expand on him :)

bliv
07-17-2002, 05:37 AM
Skin Ideas

Borsk: Cream coloured fur, posh robes.
Bothan Spy: Darker robe, brown fur.
Sith Bothan: Sithy look....

I reckon that the Aalya Secura model was more of a success because of the large skin pack that was released with it. It would be nice to see the Bothan do the same.

Harukaze
07-17-2002, 05:50 AM
Thing is, Bothans have more variety to their looks than Twi'leks do, from a modelling perspective. Part of the problem is hair. Tattoos and other similar features can be skinned on, but hair of this sort has to be modelled on, and not all Bothans have the same hairstyle.

BradFu
07-17-2002, 06:05 AM
Exactly. So theres room for some amount of customization with my model, but one way or the other, they'll all have the same hairstyle (on the top of the head, anyway), and the same robes. I mentioned earlier that I'm perfectly willing to let others use my base head (without hair or beard) for other models if they're interested :)

Eklin
07-17-2002, 06:35 AM
You should only release 1 or 2 skins for it at the most. Let others do the rest and put them in as individual projects.

This is because I hate it when you get 3/4 pointless skins that you'll likely never use, so they just take up space in your character selections (like what happened with the Mandalorian and that Twi'lek chick models).

Harukaze
07-17-2002, 06:55 AM
True. Although many of the female Twi'lek skins came in a separate pack. I suppose they should get split up into separate files, like Yin is [granted, she was designed later on]. So I think I will agree, and recommend that the model itself only come with Master Fa'row and nothing else.

Btw, BradFu, I'm going to PM you with my email address, so that if you're willing, you can send me the skinmap. I don't have anything specific in mind yet, but it's always good to be able to jump on a project when inspiration hits.

Adonai Saboath
07-17-2002, 07:11 AM
you COULD always just open up the pk3, remove what you don't want and then repack it.....least thats what i would do....

and sorry to get a bit o/t....but

i REALLY think someone should modify the bot selection, and skin/player selection.....something that'll display the bot/skin's icon, maybe around 12 at a time or so........especially with bots.....it really sux having to scroll through everything......and skins....it'll get to the point soon where we'll also get tired of scrolling through them too....

BradFu
07-17-2002, 08:19 AM
Well, if they edit the pk3, then it becomes incompatible with the rest of the pk3s for the model. What I plan on doing is 3 skins. Standard, plus CTFs. The CTF skins will be full-fledged skins, rather than just recolored. Blue will be the young version of Fa'row, Red will be a Sith version.

Adonai Saboath
07-17-2002, 08:22 AM
removing a few skins would make it incompatible?....i figured the person who used those skins would just be viewed as the model's default skin.... guess i'm still living in the simple days of Q3....

BradFu
07-17-2002, 09:03 AM
Yeah, the game goes by filesize as well as name. Otherwise people could sneak stuff past pure servers.

BradFu
07-17-2002, 12:09 PM
UPDATE:

Made an attempt at unwrapping the outer robes, turned out decently well, but it could definitely be better, I'm just not all that good at unwrapping. Here's the results:

http://windu.cjb.net/bothanskin2.jpg
http://windu.cjb.net/bothanskin3.jpg

Once again, if anyone who is skilled in the ways of Unwrapping has any interest in helping out with this model, e-mail me at bradfu@msn.com, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Lucko Mabri
07-17-2002, 12:58 PM
wow :o

-Lucko Mabri

p.s-Excellent job brad! :D

delquar
07-17-2002, 02:07 PM
great model. props. just a q or two, any chance of you making parts of the beard surf's so we can have different beard/hair types? i think that would be a nice addition

pud1
07-17-2002, 03:08 PM
Dont forget the nose and mouth
http://www.swgalaxies.net/picture.php3?image_filename=screenshots/mayconcept1.jpg
http://www.swgalaxies.net/picture.php3?image_filename=screenshots/both3.jpg

I know your not finished i just wanted to let you know that it will make the model come together, alot!
looking good

BradFu
07-17-2002, 04:37 PM
Not sure what you mean, pud. Do you mean the nose doesn't look right?

pud1
07-17-2002, 04:42 PM
No i mean when u skin it....dont forget the animal-like mouth!
the upside down "T" shape between the lips and the nose that makes it look bothan.

It's looking really good bradfu

BradFu
07-17-2002, 04:50 PM
Oh, gotcha :) I'm way ahead of you on that, decided to actually do that with the model, as well as with the skin. It's not easy to see, but in some of the past shots (the head shots specifically) you can just barely see the cleft between his nose and mouth :)

pud1
07-17-2002, 05:05 PM
Ah cool
lemme go look

Darth-Nasty
07-17-2002, 09:48 PM
great model!

original jedi characters are great!

Toonces
07-17-2002, 11:25 PM
Yeah Baby! He's looking great Brad :D

Sorry I didnt get back to you last night, my brother said you sent me a message. They were hogging my computer all night last night :(

CT :lightning
www.drivingcatstudios.com

Cyris
07-18-2002, 02:12 AM
Yo sup. Ummm i gots a question. Im new to this **** and i was wondering if you could tell me where you got the program for modeling and where i could get it. Thanks alot Brad or whoever.

MaulerZ
07-18-2002, 02:33 AM
BradFu this model is how should i say this.......kick ass to say the least im gonna dl when it comes out.

BradFu
07-20-2002, 11:10 AM
Current Status: Stuck

Since theres been a lot of interest in this model, I wanted to let everyone know where it stands. Right now, he's waiting to be unwrapped. The problem with this is that I can't handle the unwrapping myself and make it any good, and don't have anyone to do it yet. Anyone who can do a good job of it and is interested, please e-mail me at bradfu@msn.com or send me a Private Message. I will be doing the skinning, but I can't continue with that till I get it all mapped out :)

BradFu
07-20-2002, 09:49 PM
Cool, rolyat :) If you can hook me up with someone to unwrap, then I'll definitely do a pilot body for you :)

BradFu
07-20-2002, 09:51 PM
I am all-seeing. I can reply to posts before they're even made! FEAR ME!!!

adrian832
07-21-2002, 06:51 AM
BUMP!

I am so looking forward to this! I have a bothan character. Not Jedi, but oh welll, this model will do. It looks like your alrerady like 50% done, good job.

rolyat
07-21-2002, 07:30 AM
Hello all

I started to read you and I should admit that I am really interested into a Rebel-Alliance Bothan pilot for personal reason in JK2.
BradFu, I may know someone able to unwarp yours, but I have to contact him before more reliable news.

CU
-------------------
Rolyat To'ust

LeMon_Vox
07-22-2002, 07:38 PM
Just wanna keep this thread alive :)

Hey, Brad! As you may noticed, we both stucked at the same step. Did somebody replied for the job? For me, NONE!

I also want to do the skinning for myself, but I would really like to step through this UVmapping and weight stuffs.

SOMEBODY OUTTHERE, PLZ HELP US!

:trooper:

Darth Loki
07-22-2002, 08:35 PM
there are friendlier forums around for this sort of stuff. look around.

12thMonkey
07-23-2002, 05:07 PM
launch ignition in 5 4 3 2 1 BUMP

Harukaze
07-23-2002, 07:02 PM
While there are friendlier forums, I don't think that's the problem. I think it's more that the few people who know how to do this - and are any good - are likely working on their own projects.

I need to learn to model, and I figure, I need to learn uvw unwrapping eventually anyway, so... if I figure it out, I'll be willing to try my hand at both your models... I want both of them enough at least to try. And, like I said, it's a skill I need to learn anyway for a project I plan to do.

Darth Loki
07-26-2002, 08:06 AM
BradFu, you haven't abandoned it have you?

Frumpus
07-27-2002, 06:12 PM
Hey Brad. I've been stuck at that stage for a while with my elf as well. http://jitd.fragland.net/php/upload/kram/July%2025%20elf%20&%20goblin.jpg

I'm wondering what to do next - modelling has become easy for me, so I used this "down-time" to work on a few goblin models.
http://jitd.fragland.net/php/upload/kram/3goblins.jpg

Let me know when you get this figured out, OK? Even some links or tutorials would be great; I'm kinda stumped - not sure shere to go next.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70153

Darth Loki
07-29-2002, 09:45 PM
bump

Wes Marrakesh
10-04-2002, 11:06 PM
I REALLY hope this isn't dead... I really want a Bothan Model :D

JediQuermian
10-05-2002, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I was just talking about that yesterday - hope it's not dead. I was asking on one post what happened to it?!

superdude201
10-05-2002, 05:19 PM
He hasn't replied cause he needs someone to unwrap it. Well heres a good link brad fu about how to unwrap it if u r interested Clickie Here (http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/qbranch/tutorials/meshimages.shtml)

Khier
10-05-2002, 08:01 PM
i can't see any of the pics! it says page cannot be displayed

{KA}TzurielAzar
01-12-2003, 03:49 PM
Bradfu, I'm not sure if you are still trying to finish this project or not. However I am a 3d modeller that can finish up unwrapping your UVW's for you. please feel free to e-mail me at ka_tzuriel@hotmail.com.

Thanks

{KA}TzurielAzar
01-13-2003, 05:32 PM
I have taken over unwrapping the UVW's and Skinning the Bothan for Bradfu.

I just wanted to make the announcement to the JK2 community that this awsome model started by BradFu is still a reality.

If you have comments, questions, or suggestions, please e-mail me at ka_tzuriel@hotmail.com

propaganda1981
02-06-2003, 11:43 AM
I've been looking for a Bothan model for I don't know how long! Can't wait to see this one in action!

:explode::barf::monkey4::vamp1::drop2:

Psyk0Sith
02-06-2003, 05:52 PM
That's great news, Bothans are excellent characters for JK2.

Thanks for resuming work on the model. I'm sure lots of people will be happy.

P.S.:Shouldnt this thread be moved to the showcase forum???

/me waits for moderator...

Hekx
03-01-2003, 05:20 PM
Bumpty Bump.

Can a mod please move this to the showcase forum?

I know the person who's taken up the project of BradFu, and he's been quite busy with work lately. Hopefully he will finish it eventually. :)

-Edit
Thanks for moving it. :)

SkiTzoGuy
03-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Bothans look cool! :cool:
especially the one your making..:D i hope everything turns out ok..

:koon: I Shall wait Patiently for his day to come..

:eek:
:mob::duel: :eets:

Spedema28
03-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Hey Bradfu, you're model looks awesome!
I'm just writing to offer my abilities as a skinner. If you'd let me, I'd love to make a skin for your model, and offer skinning/shader help if you need any. I wish I knew something about modeling to help you, but I do not. I have made a lot of skins, but haven't really posted any to the public, beyond putting some on my old clan's web site (omniclan.com).
So, if you'll let me make a skin for your model, let me know.
azmo23@hotmail.com

z?gir

ninja
03-23-2003, 07:48 PM
oh hey thats cool a galaxy model :D

DarkLord60
03-23-2003, 09:47 PM
More pics

Ronin_Medjai
03-25-2003, 05:04 AM
I talked to TzurielAzar on msn today and he says that he might not work on it much more and he said he would agree to let my Modeling Friend have a peek at the max file to work on it a bit My modeler guy is good hes made awesome stuff,but most of it is unreleased heres a pic of his work Gandalf (http://www.roleplayersinc.com/ganphoto.jpg)

Hopefully He can get this thing finished so we can all play with Bothans Yay!

DarkLord60
03-25-2003, 07:49 PM
Hope So.

Brodin
03-25-2003, 08:18 PM
Hope to see some more work on this one. could be interesting.

Rebel_Spy
03-25-2003, 08:23 PM
Ronin_Medjai, that Gandalf looks good...congrats to your friend! he seems to have fine modeling skill. A question arise: why your friend never released that awesome model?

inbredyokel
03-25-2003, 11:46 PM
That looks like Madjai's gandalf model. Is he still doing modeling for JKII?

Hekx
03-29-2003, 10:27 AM
Bumpity, bump. :D

We need some aliens for JKII. Too many humans. ;)

Ronin_Medjai
04-09-2003, 01:58 AM
Bump ok My bud said he has started on it but there is a lot of work that needs to be done...mostly with the Bones and Tags or some crap (Im not a modeler) Ill ask him for update pics soon and uploadem to my site.

.:Solusar:.
04-09-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Ronin_Medjai
Bump ok My bud said he has started on it but there is a lot of work that needs to be done...mostly with the Bones and Tags or some crap (Im not a modeler) Ill ask him for update pics soon and uploadem to my site.

Ok thanks for the notice. hehe i was just going to ask for any updates. Well anyway i wish this model the best of luck and hope for the best for it. heh. well the bothan model looks good so far, i just can't wait for it to come out!:D

ronbrothers
04-09-2003, 07:05 AM
Y'know, at first I honestly wasn't all that excited about a Bothan Jedi, hoping to see more true trilogy models like Leia and Jedi Council models, but this would go a long way to add some nice variety to the model collection out there.

Crowy
04-12-2003, 10:45 AM
any like... updates?... how goes the uvw unwrapping? is bradfu alive?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

TOO MANY QUESTIONS, NOT ENOUGH ANSWERS!!!

04-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Im sure hes alive. Maybe his life is as busy as most of the modelers here in the forums.;) he hasn't been on in some time. But don't fear he will come back and give us what we have asked for.;)

Hekx
04-12-2003, 02:17 PM
BradFu passed the project over to Tzuriel (Jedi Knight for the clan I'm apart of.)
So I'll ask him how the work's coming along.

I think he may have even handed the project over to Ronin's friend.

Hopefully some screenshots of the progress will be available shortly. ;)

04-12-2003, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the info hekx ;) no wonder no one has seen Bradfu and his forums. Anyway I hope this model will be very good. Im sure it would be since its a Bothan. ;) Anyway I wish the new modeler good luck and hope that this model never dies!

Shotokan
04-12-2003, 03:28 PM
g'luck man. im jes hoping this project wont die cuz im a big fan of bothans! woohoo!

04-13-2003, 01:26 AM
Bothans are cool, but Jedi Bothans that is a different story. I can't wait for this model too come out, and yes i hope that this model stays alive.

propaganda1981
06-16-2003, 04:43 PM
hmm...so what's going on with this model? Is somebody still working on it? :confused:

superracer0022
06-16-2003, 05:12 PM
i hope this model does not die, i love the new species added to the game like the zabrak, dug, twilek, wookiee, jawa, coleman trebor (not sure of his species), gamorriens, and all those other great ones i left out

Hellfire Jedi
06-16-2003, 06:08 PM
Never EVER wake dead threads. If the modeler either
A: Hasn't posted about it, its dead.
B: If it's far back in the list, its dead.

KOTORMRJay
09-04-2003, 03:52 AM
Well I got this model some time ago.I was asked to finish or fix it.However for a long time I gave up on it (was not segmented ,errors that kinda a thing,the general issues that you come across with modeling)
Recently however I relaized I could fix most of it by addign the face to a model I was workign on.So yes the project still has some kinda of life to it.Tested it out to day went well.,However one of the other reasosn for the delay is I have very little information or pics of bothan race. If you truly want to see this modle released please send info or contact me asap.I plan to release around ja release(so it can go for both games) it could use a little more T.L.C. but if I don't get more info it will be released as is.As far as pics I will make some up so contact me and i'll send them when i can.
KOTORMRJay
kotormrjay@njgolf.net

KOTORMRJay
09-04-2003, 04:18 AM
oh by th eway ,tha tis my gandalf model asn yes ti is all original sorry none of it came form your friends ?
I did a private release to the KOTOR clan bu tnever publicly.However I will be releaseing the gandlafs pack (gandlaf the white,gandalf the grey and saruman) along with the bothan and a yoda_hover I made based on kinjas excelent work ,aropund the release of ja. so no worries they will all be out fo rth epublic soon, if you want a early look tell me and ill set up some pics. However gandalfs have changed much ,that pick was old when I gave it to ronin.

KOTORMRJay
kotormrjay@njgolf.net

Crowy
09-04-2003, 05:48 AM
i would love to see some screenshots personally...

KOTORMRJay
09-04-2003, 08:37 PM
I am not sure how to post a sc shot here (it says I am not allowed to make attachments). but I did give some to ronin so perhaps he will put them up.if not email me and ill send them
kotormrjay@njgolf.net
KOTORMRJay

The Cheat
09-04-2003, 09:07 PM
i am so glad that this model is still alive. i had missed this one, it was looking really good when i had last seen it, hope you are able to get it all working good

CraZy_B
09-06-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by KOTORMRJay
I am not sure how to post a sc shot here (it says I am not allowed to make attachments). but I did give some to ronin so perhaps he will put them up.if not email me and ill send them
kotormrjay@njgolf.net
KOTORMRJay

Maybe someone could host those screenshots for you. When that happens could you lead me to them coz I love Bothans:D

I also love Jedi:D

Hekx
09-07-2003, 03:12 PM
I can host screenshots.
Send them to me here (hekx@ntlworld.com). ;)

CraZy_B
09-07-2003, 03:24 PM
Thats great. Now we only need to consult with Jay;)

KOTORMRJay
09-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Well I just used the link and sent some early photos ,much has already changed ,from now to when the picks were taken but it should give a good idea of what I am working on.
KOTORMRJay

KOTORMRJay
09-07-2003, 11:41 PM
opps repeat reply

Hellfire Jedi
09-08-2003, 12:31 AM
Not trying to come off like a jerk, but what programs do you use/do you know how to rig a model?

KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 01:54 AM
what do you mean "rig" ? and I actualy use many different programs ,some for skinning ,some for maping ,some for modeling ,and combinations and co ops out of all of them.What part are you interested in ?

Crowy
09-08-2003, 02:15 AM
hes saying do you realise it wont get in game unless you or someone you know has 3d studio max and knows how to do weighting etc

KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 02:20 AM
Well as soon as pics go up you will notice it is already in game and doing well. All I am doing now is ajusting some z fighting and touching up on final skins.

KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 02:27 AM
Maby my avitar will help.It is of a slightly old pick but it is the blue skin ,adn was taken as a death pick in game,at current moment the blue skin is hooded.

Crowy
09-08-2003, 02:44 AM
lookin nice :D

CraZy_B
09-08-2003, 04:10 PM
Alright mr Hekx. It's about time you gave us a link to those screenies:naughty:

rolyat
09-08-2003, 04:10 PM
Yep, very good work. Don't forget that Bothans are, more or less, 1.50 meter tall =)

CraZy_B
09-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Really? I thought they were around 2 meters tall.:o Thanks for the info rolyat

Hekx
09-08-2003, 04:41 PM
Okay, sorry about the delay.
I had college and some coursework to do, but here they are:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/one.minute.silence/bothan/Bothan1.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/one.minute.silence/bothan/Bothan2.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/one.minute.silence/bothan/Bothan3.jpg

Looking good. ;)

KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 05:06 PM
Hmmm , I was not aware of any size difference. Much like yoda that may pose issues if we are talking a small species. However un like yoda_hover (soon to be publicly released a old private release is still up on kotor site) This can not be resolved by creating a hover chair.It may have to wait untill a mod is used to modify size.
Now for the good news .I am almost done with the skinning.
This model has had a long time in coming ,from its original start ,to its multiple transfers of modelers ,to its eventual winding up with me ,to its scraping of the model by me ,to its final rekindeled intrest and almsot compleat rebuild.To finally done!!
It has many extras in it ,mainly for skiners. I have set it up so that you can virtualy create a entire race of bothans from this model. It is looking like I have solved most of the z fighting issues (visable above) and added a hidden skin as well.For a total of 4 but countless others are possible. ( you'll see ).But the one thing I am really lacking is sounds , any one have any ideas or rare recordings that are approiate , or for that matter even rare "quotes" to use in the bot files ?

KOTORMRJay

rolyat
09-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Well, I will give, all of you more informations about the Bothan species in a couple of hours... Time to get my books! =)

Hellfire Jedi
09-08-2003, 05:58 PM
1337ness.

CraZy_B
09-08-2003, 06:26 PM
:eek:
It looks great ingame though i'd rather prefer a bit lighter fur.

KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 06:47 PM
For a reference those are not the actual skins (besides the face) they were just images I used when qvmapping. The only part left to skin is the "hair" (will be multiple colors if I have the time , and I still need to skin the inner robe (the one that here appers grey) The outer robe has been skinned to a dark brown ,the hair ties to a goldish color , and the belt to a off brown/gold color as well. The hip extras are still a basic yellow (the weave that the outer robe is in the above pics.) I am still uncertain how much work I am going to be able to put into the hair though.I would kinda like to do the "transparent" hair tech. done on the wookie model however I am not sure if I have the time to set it up,we will see.
But please keep the comments coming and any sugestions on the hair or inner robe colors ( for they are as of yet not skinned ,I did test a brown hair out and so far the brown hair has my vote ) (As I mentioned before I am not very knoledgable when it comes to bothans.so feel free to sugest any knoledge based facts or info.) Thanks again for the interest in my models.

KOTORMRJay

rolyat
09-08-2003, 06:47 PM
For the voices... Hum... Maybe we should cast someone, and add some effects... But I will see a voice like a lion in Lion King!

Concerning the specy:
They are in average 1.6 meter.
Personality: manipulative, crafty, suspicious and curious by nature. They are loyal and brave.
Physical Description : are covered with fur (if I am not wrong Borsk Fey'lya has some purple in the fur) which ripples in response to their emotional state. They have tapered, pointed ears and both males and females sport beards.
Languages: they speak Bothanese and Basic
Age: child: 1-11 ; young adult: 12-16; adult: 17-45; middle age: 46-65; old: 66-84; venerable: 85+

Source: WoC's Ultimate Alien Anthology

KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 06:57 PM
hmm , that is a interesting development. I was unaware that the females had beards too. kinda weird ? well if I was to make a female version ,would you the jk2/3 public prefer her with or without a beard ? (maby its just me but it brings back circus memories of the "bearded lady")
And as far as the hight ,I am rusty with my metric conversions but we are talking about a creature a little bigger than yoda yes?
As far as the sounds I can record a voice talent fo rit but I dont have access to a voice talent such as was used in the "lion king" and on top of it my recordign equimptment is not what it shoudl be ,I may for now leave it as defaults ,but I'd like to avoid that if possible . Does any one have a recording of any bothan sounds? like from other starwars games or anything?
P.S. thansk fo rthe assitance in info !!

KOTORMRJay

rolyat
09-08-2003, 07:13 PM
More or less the same size as Leia, Yoda is more 60 centimeters (hu... 2 feet i think).
Beard female Bothan? Hum... Why not ! ;o)

Hellfire Jedi
09-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Hey, BTW, 2 Q's for you.
1. When the model is ready, would you need a beta tester? ;)
2. Whats the KOTOR website?

rolyat
09-08-2003, 07:41 PM
KotorMRJay: you're welcome! :)

Concerning the sound, except in SWGalaxies, there is no playable character as Bothan in any other games. But you can see them in Rebellion, as a team of spy I think.
I am wondering why my SW avatar is a Bothan! LOL

KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 07:43 PM
1: Well at current moment I am beta testign it as well as soem of the kotors but perhaps I will allow you a beta test :)

2: The kotor web site is currently under much disrepair ,but I hope to repair it soon ,I do have two models up on it a relic beta of the gandalf pack (even missing a model) and a relic version of the yoda_hover as well. I will give the link but for now I do forbid the resending of the gandalf or the yoda models ,I will be publicly releasing them very soon.And if you do play with them please rember where they came from :)
( P.S. These betas were only released to inlist some help , you know to get a rise out of them ,and the idea with the redo of the excelent work kinja did ,was for "nopatchers" whom do not have access to the "mods" , so it is a "PRE SIZED" yoda no mod required ,but there are some z fighting it is the price you pay for size)
http://www.geocities.com/kotor1warriors

more or less this site is just not done and way to graphic.I will be redoing it for them once I have some free time come up.But at least you can get a preiview of thigns to come.But sadly it is a geo site so it is very limited to files less than 5 megs so most of the really good models are not nor will be put on the site ,sadly same is true of the maps. But most will be publicly released soon.

Rember no rereleasing of the stuff !! if you want to dl it thats cool and if your friends want to dl it that is cool too but for now it is only avaliable on the kotor site and as a relic of a beta.But if you do like the betas tell me and I may put a little more effort in to final tweaks on them before the full release.(ps gandalf works best with the sword mod I made ,at jk3files.com , lotor sword pack or somethign like that.)

KOTORMRJay

Hellfire Jedi
09-08-2003, 08:21 PM
Well, the site is down ATM.
If you need a beta tester for ANYTHING of your stuff, you tell me. Because I like it. :o

KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Thats why I need to rebuild it geocities are way to lame. To many downloads today is what it means.But if you try again later i am sure sooner or later you will see it up.
KOTORMRJay

Hellfire Jedi
09-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Hey, if isn't too time consuming, or a problem for you, could you by chance send me those 2 beta models you subjested up there? I'd really appriciate it...because they sound pretty sweet.
blazoor@aol.com <- AOL email, only good for large attachments :P

KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 08:41 PM
hmm Sadly I am about out the door for today but perhaps tomorow ,but for now as it says the site will be back up in a hr or so ,it is just shut down because once I put up the link apparently the site got slamed with dl. but Ill chek back late tonight and if you still do not have them I will consider it more seriously. :)
KOTOMRJay

CraZy_B
09-21-2003, 03:06 PM
There hasn't been any updates for a long time:( What's happening with your model MRJay?:confused:

jrob309
09-21-2003, 03:46 PM
I think it has been released. Go to pcgamemods.com

The Cheat
09-21-2003, 06:12 PM
yea i saw the bothan out for jedi academy, guess i will have to get that game to check it out

KOTORMRJay
09-22-2003, 12:56 AM
It is true it has been released . I gave the ja version to jk2fiels on the 17th the day I got the game but they have still not posted it (they are a little backed up) so I recently sent it to pcgamemods. so yes you can get it now for ja. I may still release a retro version for jk2 but I am unsure. It depends on how good of a responce I can get from the ja version so far some jerks like the number 1 a little to much.and are some how compelled to put it on the only ja model out theres ranks . go fig ? well as I said if its rateings go and stay high enough I will release the retro version but if not then there is no point to doing so and I will focus my time on finalizign some gandalf tweaks. if you are extreamly desperate for the jk2 version contact me I may give it to you but besides that it depends on the ja rateings for a public release.
KOTORMRJay

The Cheat
09-22-2003, 01:03 AM
everybody go on pcgamemods and give the model a 10

rolyat
09-22-2003, 06:08 AM
Please, please, please, KotorJ release it for JK2 too, despite I will have the Jedi Academy (technically I have it but it's by my parents, so i will not have it physically before this week-end! ;o)... oops, sorry, it's not a "this is my life" topic :p ), we are waiting this model for JO for years.... PLLLLLEEEASSEEEE =)

KOTORMRJay
09-22-2003, 04:10 PM
alright alright ..... you guys have been faithfull to this. So I will take the time to do the retro model conversion (remove the unused bones) but this will take a little time . I am working hard on bsping a map and I can not compile a model at the same time as a map and the map takes up to 24 hrs to bsp eatch time so every test takes up my computer for 24 hrs!! but I should be close to releasing this map and once I do I will set back up for modeling and reconfigure him (bothan)for jk2. The main thing is because ja made the models from jk2 work on ja it discourages people from makeing the ja models witch to my only knoledge of the difference that really matters is a two sword glitch where the second sword stays in the left hand at all times but I do want people to realize that there is a reason to make not just jk2 modles but ja modles instead.
As far as the rating lets not get carried away ,I only ment that if the comunity likes it, it will show me that it is worth my time to make a jk2 version for the jk2 comunity as well. But I do of course appricate the votes on rateings but I want honest ones.as well as comments. I am tryign to switch from graphic art/web design and flash animations to games ,so I do take this seriously.Thanks for the interest in my stuff ,it too is appricated.
KOTORMRJay

rolyat
09-23-2003, 04:20 AM
The rating is certainly interesting, but I tried to register, got the e-mail, but I never have any confirmation code, so I cannot log-in! =(

The Cheat
09-23-2003, 09:10 AM
well i am glad you decided to make a retro version, i have been waiting for this model for so long and i think it will be a while before i get jedi academy

KOTORMRJay
09-23-2003, 12:46 PM
it is kinda weird but if you got to the confirmation code part you are good . just go back to site and log in ( it does not really need the confirmation code)
KOTORMRJay

rolyat
09-23-2003, 02:48 PM
Yep, I noticed that this morning, it works. Strange

I really appreciate that you want your models to use JA features rather than just export them, it's some kind of perfectionnist touch! ;o)

KOTORMRJay
09-23-2003, 03:16 PM
Tell me I know this is a little off the subject but do any of you do any map work? only reason it is posted here is it is ment as a question to you
KOTORMRJay

The Cheat
10-15-2003, 10:14 PM
is this model still gonna be released for jedi outcast of has that idea been scrapped?

KOTORMRJay
10-16-2003, 02:42 AM
yes all in good time but you see my modelign toosl are set up right now for finishing up on the ship models for the final version fo the flight school adn in order to create teh jo version I will have to re tweak my homemade tools ,so yes he still will be but I would expect shortly after the flight school release, however he did not receive the responce in ja I expected. I really though tthe different way in witch i did the model and hair woudl be "all the rage" but it seams that fff (fanatic fickel fans) are jsut that so it has lost soem of my interest. I am more likely to release the yoda hover to ja before that (do to being hounded by clan to release him for ja) . but I have not forgotten my promise and will still release him to jo if for no other reason than for those whom requested it.
KOTORMRJay

The Cheat
10-16-2003, 08:03 PM
ok thanks, i had just been waiting and was wondering what had happened to it

rolyat
10-17-2003, 03:46 AM
As I guess at the beginning, due to his devotion to his work/passion, KOTORMrJay is someone we can fully trust. His model is the first one for JA dedicated, and he said he will port it to JK2.
So there was no reason he will not do.

He deserve to work in Computer Games industry, doesn't he?

KOTORMRJay
10-18-2003, 09:42 PM
yes I was true to my word go to pcgamemods.com I kept my word enjoy it my good friends.
KOTORMRJay

WaR_ShArK_aX
10-18-2003, 09:51 PM
Yes and now he can get back to JA and start working on a new model perhaps.
Boy there sure has been a lot of demand for a Kingdom Hearts SEPHIROTH model hasn't there? Sure would be nice to see one. Maybe by an experienced modeler, who is also very smart and funny....

KOTORMRJay
10-18-2003, 09:54 PM
hahahh all in good time (some one has inside info hmmm)