PDA

View Full Version : baseball or football?


greedo626
07-15-2002, 04:39 AM
which sport do you like the most?

Clem
07-15-2002, 04:45 AM
i dont mean the wanker bit but those american sports are bastardised versions of rugby and cricket

football is what u do with yer foot (not american football)

American football is just rugby for pansies .... all that padding URGH

and Baseball just dont make ne sense to me .... but it is cricket ruined

but i must say ruining cricket is a hard job .... americans ... im impressed :)

No offence to ne americans

(hmmm must put that in my sig :))

Camus
07-15-2002, 04:45 AM
I refuse to vote... No Nascar :spikehair

ibballin
07-15-2002, 04:47 AM
by football you mean american football right, not soccer? well i played them both in high school so i liked baseball and football but i prefer to play football becuase there is more smash mouth in your face head smashing! oh yeah!

greedo626
07-15-2002, 04:50 AM
what does wanker mean anyway? I guess it's hard for an American prat like myself to understand... and what's a prat?...:p

Darklighter
07-15-2002, 04:56 AM
I voted for football. That's football. The English sport which is rightly named cos you use your foot. Which is also the best sport in the world.

Agen
07-15-2002, 05:23 AM
Yeh, that not football, in anyway, it's called american football for a reason. Also Darth Clem and lighter, why do you always say english and british say uk, i don't want to be looked at as an english person or a brittish person!

Clem
07-15-2002, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
Yeh, that not football, in anyway, it's called american football for a reason. Also Darth Clem and lighter, why do you always say english and british say uk, i don't want to be looked at as an english person or a brittish person!

british is a bit falling apart .... its all devolving so english is good

also i use whichever comes to my fingers first ..... so i think of myself as myself nothing else ..... im patriotic to Britain ( i include all of ireland in that 2)

Yoda_623
07-15-2002, 05:26 AM
I like baseaball. America's Greatest Pastime. Plus, I play it too. :)

whitedragon
07-15-2002, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by greedo626
which sport do you like the most?
i hate both. professional sports to me are as exciteing as fasion

Agen
07-15-2002, 05:46 AM
british is a bit falling apart .... its all devolving so english is good

I'm half irish half scottish so i have and don't want anything to do with Britain, especially not England. I class it as UK. nothing else

Clem
07-15-2002, 05:49 AM
Well im english and bare no grudges or hatred ... or even dislike to the other countries

i dont see y i cant be English if i wanna

i will point out tho we are the only country in the UK Britain whatever without our own government

Darklighter
07-15-2002, 05:52 AM
Hey Agen, I'm realy sorry I didn't mean to offend you at all:( It's just that I am English, so it is an easy mistake just to say 'english'. I'm sorry. 'UK' then...

ibballin
07-15-2002, 06:09 AM
i dont get soccer. you run around for hours and only score one point! when the score is 2-0 its considered a blowout? i have tried playing soccer but it just wasnt me.

Clem
07-15-2002, 06:29 AM
thats the thing with americans ..... if it doesnt end 100:98 theyre not happy!!

is that really ne different from 2:0?

ibballin
07-15-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Darth Clem
thats the thing with americans ..... if it doesnt end 100:98 theyre not happy!!

is that really ne different from 2:0?


i assume you are refering to basketball here, so yes there is a diffrence when the score is 100-98 compared to a score of 2-0.

when the score is 100-98 and there is five seconds left in the game you still have a chance to win or tie! if the score is 2-0 in soccer and there is five seconds left you have no chance for a tie or a win. and also in some countries if a soccer player does something wrong in a game he might be killed!

see and thats the problem with non-americans they think one americans voice speaks for all of them! (im not trying to offend here but this was just my opinon and Clem your making it seem like i speak for all americans)

Clem
07-15-2002, 06:56 AM
no u dont speak for em all

but ..... u dont speak much different from most of either

and football has been known to flip from 1 - 0 to 1 - 2 in 2 minutes .... y am i defending football!! i dont even like it .... hockey = fun (field hockeyt to u americans)

JandoFett1842
07-15-2002, 07:11 AM
I'm not going to vote! Theres no Rally Races and Indy 500 Races!
:flamethro :bluskel:

ibballin
07-15-2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Darth Clem
no u dont speak for em all

but ..... u dont speak much different from most of either



ok ok, you got me there. :p

and i think we are defending sports we dont even care about like you said. also i dont have to much field hockey where i live (at least that i know of) its sort of like lacrosse right?

Clem
07-15-2002, 07:14 AM
its pretty much like ice hockey (or ice hockey is like it) but with a ball ..... and on grass (or astro) and slightly less violence .... no padding ... more rules

Darklighter
07-15-2002, 07:17 AM
I love hockey (from the UK) there was a huge hockey stadium built in a city about 20 minutes away from where I live...its huge, and I go there with my brother cos he films the matches...

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-15-2002, 07:29 AM
LOL

Originally posted by Darth Clem
i dont mean the wanker bit but those american sports are bastardised versions of rugby and cricket

football is what u do with yer foot (not american football)

American football is just rugby for pansies .... all that padding URGH



I knew DARTH CLEM would make a big deal about the improper (European) reference to American football and American..uh...Cricket. :rolleyes:


*takes a deep breathe* :o

I love it, every time there's a post about American culture, like say..oh I don't know...the 4th of July, there's always a Brit flamer bearing his tea stained teeth (no offense). C'mon guys, lighten up a little. We get the point! Baseball is not Cricket and our football is not soccer. If you haven't played our football then don't knock it. It's a very tough sport, with or without pads. :D




Watch the Patriot, good movie.

No offense to any Brits.

Clem
07-15-2002, 07:34 AM
i love a good rant about americans

really brightens up my day

cheers guys *wipes a tear from eye* i love u guys!!! (eek)

oh and i drink coffee not tea :p

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-15-2002, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Darklighter
I love hockey (from the UK) there was a huge hockey stadium built in a city about 20 minutes away from where I live...its huge, and I go there with my brother cos he films the matches...

Now we're talking. I've been playing Hockey since I was a wee lad. A guy I met (in another leauge) is from the Czech Rep. He tells me about all the different strategies they use. Very interesting, IMO. He also said that our rinks in North America are smaller than the ones in Europe, is this true? The Winter Olympic arena is much bigger than ours!

Bl4st3d metric system! He he he, just kidding :D

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-15-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Darth Clem
i love a good rant about americans

really brightens up my day

cheers guys *wipes a tear from eye* i love u guys!!! (eek)

oh and i drink coffee not tea :p

He he he

Forgive the sudden out-burst of anger. :dev7: We all know what Yoda said about that. "Anger leads to suffering..." :halo2:


I thought you'd enjoy that. But you have to admit that where there's a US. topic, there's a flame just over the horizon. I only said that to keep the newbies from starting another...


*Dramatic Hollywood MUSIC* Bump-bump-bum



Lucasforums: War of Independence II




PS. Mr. Bean, Monty Pythin, and Red Dwarf are some of my favorite shows

Darth-Nasty
07-15-2002, 08:22 AM
football (as played by over 200 countries) is "the beautiful game"

football (as played by america) is just a load of egg chasing simpletons

obi
07-15-2002, 08:28 AM
Sports suck. Play more PC games. :)

greedo626
07-15-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Sports suck. Play more PC games. :)

well said:D . we should all take a note out of obi wan's book.

Camus
07-15-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by greedo626


well said:D . we should all take a note out of obi wan's book.
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Sports suck. Play more PC games. :)

I agree with Greedo626 and obi-wan13 :D

Darklighter
07-15-2002, 11:04 AM
I agree with Greedo626 and obi-wan13 and Camus. And anybody else who agrees with them.

Exterminator234
07-15-2002, 11:10 AM
i like baseball more (please dont flame me :D)

edit: i agree too *writes down "-play more PC games" in small notebook* ok im set for life :)

Camus
07-15-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Exterminator234
i like baseball more (please dont flame me :D)

:flamethro ~flames Exterminator234~ :D

j/k

Exterminator234
07-15-2002, 11:15 AM
i thought tusken raiders had rifles not flamethrowers :D

greedo626
07-15-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Sports suck. Play more PC games. :)

hmmm. on second thought... maybe this is why 85% of American kids are overweight... run on a treadmill while you use your computer...

SillyGoose
07-15-2002, 11:21 AM
American football roxorz your boxorz, I also used to play soccer (european football) and it really isn't really as boring as it looks on tv. But american football is still better!:biggs: :atat:

Camus
07-15-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by greedo626


hmmm. on second thought... maybe this is why 85% of American kids are overweight... run on a treadmill while you use your computer...

Accually its amatter of consumtion of starches... starches are suggers that put into fat... for use when the sugger levels in the blood are too low...

greedo626
07-15-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Camus


Accually its amatter of consumtion of starches... starches are suggers that put into fat... for use when the sugger levels in the blood are too low...

true, but lathargia(is that a word?) helps kids stay overweight.

SharaFett
07-15-2002, 11:41 AM
i said it once and i'll say it again. american football athletes have the physique of gods. they're tough, hard-nosed, bad-ass mother****ers. so dont **** with them. they'll **** up pussy-ass rugby playersn their ****ing mothers will feel it. dont EVER bash american football bacause you have no idea what you're talking about.

greedo626
07-15-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by SharaFett
i said it once and i'll say it again. american football athletes have the physique of gods. they're tough, hard-nosed, bad-ass mother****ers. so dont **** with them. they'll **** up pussy-ass rugby playersn their ****ing mothers will feel it. dont EVER bash american football bacause you have no idea what you're talking about.

we don't need posts like that please. try to make your comments count.;)

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-15-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by SharaFett
i said it once and i'll say it again. american football athletes have the physique of gods. they're tough, hard-nosed, bad-ass mother****ers.

*Mike Tyson voice* Yup, you speakith teh truith.

I wouldn't want to get in his way, know what I mean?!
http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle/pictures/2001/09/24/sp_raiders1.jpg

Soccer fans, though, are pretty hardcore. Our fans just dress funny, but in the Euro league they riot in friendly exhibitions. I have to admit, it takes guts to throw urine bombs. :D :D

Exterminator234
07-15-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by -=Chi3f=-


Our fans just dress funny, but in the Euro league they riot in friendly exhibitions.

stupid cheeseheads

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-15-2002, 09:03 PM
He he he :D

Do you mean the Green Bay Packers. Those guys are, uh, special.

http://www.dodds1.com/images/ched.gif

Let's face it, nothing shows team spirit like causing riots and throwing Urine bombs!

WolfmanNCSU
07-15-2002, 11:14 PM
I am a huge sports fan. When comparing these two sports, I will go with football. (And by football I mean American). Its just one of my favs, and I am also a huge fan of lacrosse.

Clem
07-16-2002, 12:13 AM
i dread to think what will happen if american footballers were to play rugby

carnage im afraid