PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars & The XBOX

BCanr2d2
07-16-2002, 08:22 PM
Seems as if LucasArts believe in the XBOX, with plenty of high quality games to come, JK2:Outcast, Galaxies and KotOR could be the games to get some massive Xmas sales, with their release around then, along with the Episode 2 DVD........................

Discuss (Or am I a loony?)

leXX
07-16-2002, 08:24 PM
I'm not really into consoles anymore! The last time I played my PSX was...well...um...I can't remember :(

LOUman
07-16-2002, 09:16 PM
Well, i don't think LucasArst believes that much in the XBox.
I mean, you have weight more ways for a game on the computer like editing skins and maps, modify the game by yourself, multiplayer (i think thats better than split-screen :D ) and so on...

When i saw Star Wars: Obi-Wan on E3 1999 or 2000.. can't remember, it looked great. But now i've seen it on the XBox and the characters move so stiff, and the graphic is not really so good.

Look, you can upgrade your pc with so many hardware, if you got the money.

I think, nothing can beat the pc... at the moment. :lightning

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-17-2002, 12:55 AM
hahahaha Lou, you got a funny ass avatar. hahaha, yeah but 'Star Wars' is the only reason why im ganna get an X box

Zindell
07-17-2002, 12:58 AM
Your gonna buy an XBOX just for starwars games???

That's what they want you to do... Wait for the Xbox to fail and they'll come out on something else. They are already reporting a huge loss. Why invest money in something bound to fail?

LOUman
07-18-2002, 08:30 AM
Why are you doing this Lyger? only because of Star Wars: Obi-Wan or Clone Wars?
KotoR is coming for the PC and SW Galaxies too, and i think Clone Wars is becoming a kind of Rogue Squadron or Battle for Naboo...

BTW: this funny ass avatar is me :D but im gonna make a new.

LOUman
07-18-2002, 08:32 AM
ah, and Zindell with the brain bug is right :rofl:

whitedragon
07-18-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by BCanr2d2
Seems as if LucasArts believe in the XBOX, with plenty of high quality games to come, JK2:Outcast, Galaxies and KotOR could be the games to get some massive Xmas sales, with their release around then, along with the Episode 2 DVD........................

Discuss (Or am I a loony?)
x-box sucks

LOUman
07-18-2002, 08:49 AM
whitedragon: x-box sucks

:rofl:

i write so much and he says everything with two words

LOUman
07-18-2002, 08:52 AM
whitedragon: anakin:ive lost the assassin but theres a 7-11 want any thing master.
obi-wan:yes actually a coke and a snickers.
anakin:if youll excuse me.
obi-wan:he took my wallet i hate it when he dose that.

anakin: where you go master. diet coke and a snikers.
obi-wan: DIET???
anakin: sorry master. i forgot you don't like diet.

Originally their names are Oobi-Doo Kerosbi™ and Dark Dingus™

:lol:

whitedragon
07-18-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by LOUman

i write so much and he says everything with two words

its a gift :rolleyes:

Darth Exar Kun
07-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by whitedragon

x-box sucks Amen Lucas arts favors the franchises that have names for thmselves like sony and nintendo think about it the only 3 ep 2 games are for Ps2 Gc (Bounty HUnter and Clone Wars) And Gba Ep2

Darth Talliusc
07-18-2002, 11:47 AM
cant stand x-box, im a gamecube man myself, but i admit it does have some nice features, i love the extra long cords on the x-box controllers. but the load time is crap! and as for lucas believing in x-box, sorry but there are more games for gc coming then x-box, you can see them all at lucasarts.com. im really looking forward to bounty hunter (sorry not for x-box =P)

Kyth'emos
07-18-2002, 11:51 AM
All consoles suck, I pitty anyone who prefers a console over a PC.

Yoda_623
07-18-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Kyth'emos
All consoles suck, I pitty anyone who prefers a console over a PC.
I like PC's strictly for the online gaming. But console does have some good things going for it. I mean Nintendo is great with Zelda, and Metroid, and Mario. :)

Darth Talliusc
07-18-2002, 12:18 PM
i too prefer pc's to consoles but i buy them both, and why would you pity someone that enjoys playing video games on a console? if they like then who cares? and nintendo has done some things that are simply godlike (kirby for nes back in the day HOOYA)

JediGhost[SITH]
07-18-2002, 12:44 PM
Well, I used to have an Xbox and since ALL the fun in it was Sports games, and I hate sports games, I sold it.

I bought a PS2 which my brother took when he moved out.

The PC will always be the best "console"..

ANY online game beats any console game.

whitedragon
07-18-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by LOUman

anakin: where you go master. diet coke and a snikers.
obi-wan: DIET???
anakin: sorry master. i forgot you don't like diet.

Originally their names are Oobi-Doo Kerosbi™ and Dark Dingus™

:lol:
i know but its better to put anakin and obi-wan because not everyone has seen the comic

Darth Knight
07-18-2002, 11:31 PM
most of the games going to come out for the x box are comign to the pc such as kotor i know that is coming to the pc and oh yeah galxies is too

whitedragon
07-18-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Darth Knight
most of the games going to come out for the x box are comign to the pc such as kotor i know that is coming to the pc and oh yeah galxies is too
i knew in my head that when the z-box came out it would suck and i guess i was right. im eather getting a ps2 or gamecube

edit: well those are the only two choices left arent they

Woad
07-19-2002, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by whitedragon

i knew in my head that when the z-box came out it would suck and i guess i was right. im eather getting a ps2 or gamecube

edit: well those are the only two choices left arent they

Go with the PS2. There are some great games on the horizon for it.:D

whitedragon
07-19-2002, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Woad

Go with the PS2. There are some great games on the horizon for it.:D
yeah there are already great games out

LOUman
07-19-2002, 04:22 AM
I just say Grand Threft Auto 3!

Kstar__2
07-19-2002, 04:53 AM
i like the xbox controles, and the view is great, but the gamecube looks OK, but the controller really sucks

but far above all consoles, stands the PC!

LOUman
07-19-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by kstar__2
but far above all consoles, stands the PC!

that is true. i really can't handle a controller as good as my beloved mouse and my keyboard. :D

Goten583
07-19-2002, 05:12 AM
Definitley
PC Games Rule
Consoles Suck!!
Lets all join the band wagon!!!
:rddance:

LOUman
07-19-2002, 05:17 AM
acually consoles don't really suck, they are just not as good as a pc.

i mean, i love playing Medal of Honor on my PS One and Medal of Honor Frontline on the PS2.

but when i think i can play Medal of Honor Allied Assault on my Pc...

Same thing here: i love Jedi Power Battles on the PS.

but JK2 on the PC... awesome :D

BCanr2d2
07-19-2002, 04:13 PM
I agree that the current crop of consoles aren't anything compared to a PC...

But I see the XBOX being at least a step in the right direction, being in essence a PC in a box. It also shows that MS can actually do a decent OS, even if it is on a console.
Online games? Seems like many of you seem to forget that XBOX Live is only around the corner....

I have an XBOX myself, and didn't really see the reason in buying a 2 year old console such as a PS2. I was thinking that the general public perhaps may be attracted to the XBOX when a franchise such as Star Wars is releasing a few titles at the same time. Trying to say to Joe Public in the run up to Xmas, why not get an XBOX, then you can watch the AOTC DVD on it, you and the kids can play KotOR, or Galaxies, or whatever.

LOUman
07-19-2002, 06:53 PM
well, i can also watch AotC on my DVD-Player or my DVD drive on my pc without buying an extra remote control :D
and i also can play KotoR or Galaxies on my pc.

and remember one think, you can't upgrade you xbox without losing the warranty... :lol:

BCanr2d2
07-19-2002, 07:19 PM
Joe Public may not already have a DVD player, that seems to be the selling point of both the PS2 and XBOX, that you can play games and watch DVD's as well.

I know you very much think consoles are no good, but I would suspect there are more consoles out there in homes than there are PC's. It is a larger market, and has no doubt given the PC some stiff competition, making them pull their game into order....

And remember one thing, I could buy a new XBOX, or PS2 every second year, and it would still be cheaper than keeping a PC up to date......... (Compare the graphics on a GF4 with DirectX 8.1 on an XBOX to the same on a PC - XBOX kills it.......)

atinymonkey
07-19-2002, 07:28 PM
I'm slowly getting depressed. Galaxies on the xbox before the pc. Now we have to wait 8 extra months for the game:mad:

And why did that happen? Well, because microsoft flexed their muscles, and the pubishers caved in. Without support from microsoft no online game can hope to operate from a PC platform.

Maybe it's time to embrace the xbox.

Maybe.

Divine Spirit
07-19-2002, 09:01 PM
Both consoles and PCs have good games and bad games its just that overall PCs are waaaaay better. :D i still have my trusty N64 and i love playing on games such as Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Perfect Dark and Goldeneye. At least with consoles there are less upgrades happening; unlike with PCs where if you dont buy a whole new computer every month, you have an old machine :( :(

Darth Knight
07-19-2002, 09:03 PM
good thing about console is it is pretty much guarenteed to work no settings and stuff like that that get in the way on pc

TroopCommander
07-19-2002, 09:15 PM
my mom is pissing me off she really just because theres a monthly fee(which im willing to pay for!!!!)she says ur not getting it!!!!!!!!(swg of course)

LOUman
07-29-2002, 07:58 AM
Nah. PC rules. Consoles sucks.
That's all. I mean look how many games are avalible for the PC and how many for the XBox!
PS2 has many too, but how long does a "PC" like Amiga, C64 or Atari exist and how long a PlayStation?

BCanr2d2
07-29-2002, 08:19 AM
How can you compare the 18 year old PC market, to the current crop of consoles?!!!

Gee, whiz, an 18 year old, relatively stable platform, with a 7 year old OS structure to deal with, and you are wondering why so many games are developed for PC's?
You are making comments on a relatively "immature" market, it is still in it's relative infancy. Think of the PC market and development more of that like the beginning of the car market. We are still in the current mode of when you buy a PC, it is already out of date before you get it home. How many different kinds of cars and different technologies went by the wayside before we have come to current stable internal combustion engine form?

PC's are nowhere near as commonplace as the VCR, as much as we may like to think they are. If MS get it right with Freon, then your digital console/VCR is a cheaper alternative than your PC for a lot of things.

Only thing is that I would dare to suggest there are more consoles than PC's in the world, at least used in a casual/home sense. So, mock them at your mercy, as the XBOX codenamed Freon from MS may start the beginning of a real digital revolution for the average joe.

Woad
07-29-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by atinymonkey
I'm slowly getting depressed. Galaxies on the xbox before the pc. Now we have to wait 8 extra months for the game:mad:

And why did that happen? Well, because microsoft flexed their muscles, and the pubishers caved in. Without support from microsoft no online game can hope to operate from a PC platform.

Maybe it's time to embrace the xbox.

Maybe.

Are you sure your not confusing Galaxies with KoTOR?
Galaxies is scheduled for a PC release sometime this year, probably December is the latest word.

I don't think Galaxies is coming to XBOX until sometime in the middle of next year.