PDA

View Full Version : How to build a better jedi?

ibidetalitis
07-17-2002, 07:08 AM
I want to modify the Force values to create battles between stronger, faster, more efficient jedi in a balanced "Golden Age".

I'm comfortable with C/C++ and after poking around the source code for some time i couldn't seem to find the values of any force powers (i.e. duration, range, jump height, etc...) besides the range for grip and some other intermittent values. Are there #defines, globals, or arrays that contain these values or are they hardcoded? If anyone could even point me to a file in the source code i'm willing to decipher it alone, i just can't find the values.

I understand this question has been asked before, but i haven't seen it answered. I was surprised to see that no one had tried to modify the force values yet. Someone mentioned that scripts might work, and if so, i believe a single example would suffice.

Thanks for the input.

Jaii der Herr
07-17-2002, 04:27 PM
Have a look at functions with Force in its name...
The rest you could find yourself

ibidetalitis
07-18-2002, 05:19 AM
Are they all in one file, and if so, do you know which one it is?

Zey
07-18-2002, 10:42 PM
u got the source code?

anyway.... file is called

w_force.c

Jaii der Herr
07-19-2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by ibidetalitis
Are they all in one file, and if so, do you know which one it is?

AAAARRRRRRGÖÖÖÖÖÖLLLLLLLL
HMPF!!!!
:P

search...
I think you are "comfortable with C/C++"?
I'm not willing to do all the work for you. And if someone cannot even search or even better have a look at the filenames than HMPF

ibidetalitis
07-20-2002, 04:06 AM
Jaii - i didn't expect you to do all the work, just wondered if you knew.

I found em. I had looked through w_force.c before and a number of values are in there, but most of the numbers i was looking for are in bg_pmove.c. Unfortunately, the force values and functions are spread over a couple different files.

So, for anyone else who reads this, bg_pmove.c is where you can modify jump height, jump velocity, fall damage, force speed, and initial costs for Force powers (though they are sometimes over-ridden by parameters passed through force-activation functions).

Jaii der Herr
07-20-2002, 04:24 PM
It has sound for me that you do not want to search the stuff.
If I want to edit Forces and do not know where I search in all files for "force" and get hundred's of locations to look at. If I search for a special Force I search for "FP_SPEED" for example

Azymn
07-20-2002, 05:43 PM
Thanks Jaii. (this is ibidetalitis)