PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Alien's?

leXX
07-18-2002, 01:41 AM
Do you believe in Alien's.

This may seem like a stupid question because we are in a Star Wars Forum but what the heck!

Personally, I think that if there are more Sun's with planetary systems in the Universe than grains of sand on Earth (which there is) then the odd's are simply too huge to think that there is not life out there somewhere!

Do I ever think we will find evidence of this in my lifetime? Well, no. The distances between Sun's are simply too huge and I don't think that our current technogly will advance enough in my lifetime.

greedo626
07-18-2002, 01:42 AM
I thinks it'd be pretty stupid not to believe in aliens. the odds are so remote that there aren't other planets supporting life.

Camus
07-18-2002, 01:42 AM
Yes but there are illigial aliens all over Oklahoma... even had a very large family move into a house 2 houses down the street...

WolfmanNCSU
07-18-2002, 01:43 AM
Yeah, I agree. If we are the only lifeform out there, then what a big wast of space. I dont think I will be seeing alien in mylife time either.

Camus
07-18-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Camus
Yes but there are illigial aliens all over Oklahoma... even had a very large family move into a house 2 houses down the street...

j/k Yes I know what lexx is talking about and I believe in the little green men... but I dont believe they have visited earth...

greedo626
07-18-2002, 01:50 AM

j/k Yes I know what lexx is talking about and I believe in the little green men... but I dont believe they have visited earth...

I think they have. there have been hundreds of UFO sightings and chances sre that some of them are real.

Camus
07-18-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by greedo626

I think they have. there have been hundreds of UFO sightings and chances sre that some of them are real.

This isnt offical but its still funny...

90% of ufo sightings rednecks beer cans and fishing poles have been involved... and the 90% where the drunk rednecks...

Darth-Nasty
There probably are aliens somewhere

However people always assume they are a simmilar scale to us.

we might be right next to them but not be able to tell cos they are so big

our galaxy might be orbiting their planet. just as tiny particles of dust orbit around our planet

does anyone understand what i mean cos i just read through that and i didnt really explain it well

anyway this all all to complicated

i like my "poodle beret" :)

mima kake
Do they believe in us?:D

WolfmanNCSU
07-18-2002, 01:56 AM
"The gallaxy is on Orions belt"

"See my vest" LOL

Tyrion
07-18-2002, 01:56 AM
I believe in aliens.I dont think that they would show thier faces to us,because we're a Zenophobic race with petty differences that thier higher civilatation lhas evolved out of.

I dont really buy the aliens invading us thing,because if they have space travel across a galaxy,I'm pretty sure they dont need to abduct people to launch a invasion.

I would welcome them though,because if they dont kill us on sight,they are better than some people here on earth....

leXX
07-18-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Darth-Nasty
There probably are aliens somewhere

However people always assume they are a simmilar scale to us.

we might be right next to them but not be able to tell cos they are so big

our galaxy might be orbiting their planet. just as tiny particles of dust orbit around our planet

does anyone understand what i mean cos i just read through that and i didnt really explain it well

anyway this all all to complicated

i like my "poodle beret" :)

I know what you mean. Like in MIB when the cat has the Galaxy around his neck! Anything is possible imo.

icefox98
07-18-2002, 01:59 AM
:beam1:

:beam2:

Reb Starblazer
07-18-2002, 02:23 AM
Yea, I believe there are other lifeforms out there. They've even found some. Look at that bacteria they found on Mars. No one ever suspected something like that could live there. That's just an example though.

Also, the whole "Awful waste of space" idea is fitting too. If life can happen here, than it could happen somewhere else too. Granted, I feel that aliens would be in no way similar to us at all.
Well, maybe they might be.

And on that note, something that helps to suggest that aliens may exist, and that they may have visited Earth, is the theory of Evolution. "What?" you're all saying, I know. However, many scientists are starting to question the Evolution theory, and not for religious reasons. They believe that it is almost impossible that we evolved to such an extent as we have, in only a couple hundred million years(not a long time to the universe). So some people are starting to think maybe, some where along the way, we got a bit of "help". Read 2001: A Space Odyssey, something very similar to that theory is in that book.

And to quote Calvin and Hobbes:
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us" :D

leXX
07-18-2002, 02:37 AM
also...

Alot of people believe that the unexplainable stuff such as how the pyramids were build, stonehenge etc etc could have been constructed by aliens. Carbon dating puts those stones in France (cant remember the name of it now) back to 4500 bc! How the hell are people with no technology gonna lift stones heavier than the statue of liberty and place them how they did. Easter Island is another strange one.

Divine Spirit
07-18-2002, 02:45 AM
I agree with you when you say that the chances of aliens NOT exsisting is too small but i dont agree when you say that we wont find these aliens because the distance between the stars is too great...i believe that one day we will be able to reach the far ends of the universe!

You say that this would explain some strange locations on the Earth so this means aliens are/were able to reach the Earth so i think that means its possible for it to work boths ways - we just havent got the technology yet....thats if aliens dont use some dodgy technology which only they have the capabilities of getting. If that is the case then i believe that at some point the aliens will give us the technology to travel through space.

And if at the end of the day we still cant travel that far through space, we'll still have our sci-fi films! :D

Reb Starblazer
07-18-2002, 02:45 AM
Actually, the scary thing about the Pyramids is not the blocks. The Egyptians had thousands upon thousands of slaves that built the pyramids for the them. The disturbing part about the pyramids, is how perfectly they were constructed. For a group that had very limited mathematical knowledge, particularly geometry and physics, no real measurement of mass and therefore stress that each block would undergo, they built structures that lasted what, a couple thousand years? And they're still going strong. That's the scary part. Also, in order to stay on topic, those "Wonders of the World" are often considered by many to have been built by Aliens, or Aliens taught us how to make them. Look at the structure of a giant Spider-like creature in South America(It looks like a realllly huge collection of crop circle type thingies:D And it's definitely man made). It can only be distinguished from the air. And I mean very high in the air. Strange no?

obi
07-18-2002, 02:47 AM
I have had some UFO experiances before, and I'm only 15.

One time at summer camp, I was playing softball and it was getting lat, and we had just p[acked up the equipment and was ready to go in, when I looked up at the sky to see a small light looming over me, and drifting off. It changed directions, and then finally left.

ANother time, I was at my grandma's. She lives out in the country, and the sight of the sky in the evening is beautiful. One time, I was out there in the middle of a field with her small dog, just looking at the sky for the heck of it. A square-shaped object came from over the trees, and then went back the way it came. I backed up to get a better view, but it had gone.

another time I was in my backyard, cleaning out my car(this was during the day). I looked up to see a glaring metallic object zooming across the sky. It looked like a rectangle, and it made no noise. Then, a second one passed right by it, and the went in opposite directions. These where not planes. I know what a plane looks like.

I was like.........woa..........

leXX
07-18-2002, 02:49 AM
Divine Spirit > I said that I didn't think we would find evidence of the existence of aliens "in my lifetime" !!

Divine Spirit
07-18-2002, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Reb_Starblazer
they built structures that lasted what, a couple thousand years? And they're still going strong.

Look at the structure of a giant Spider-like creature in South America. It can only be distinguished from the air. And I mean very high in the air.
Strange no?

I believe that some people think the pyramids were built to resemble a constellation...perhaps the aliens built the pyramids to last thousands of years so that when humans finally can travel through space they can use this constellation to search for and travel to the aliens!

I havent heard about this spider-like this? is it the one they call 'chewchewbanana' or something like that? :D

Divine Spirit
07-18-2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by lexx
Divine Spirit > I said that I didn't think we would find evidence of the existence of aliens "in my lifetime" !!

oops sorry! i have this terrible attention span where i read only the first part of things....i think its because i suddenly think of something really good to say and if i wait too long to write it down i forget it and then spend the next few days trying to remember what it was :D

leXX
07-18-2002, 02:55 AM
Have any of you heard of RODS? They are long creatures that have been captured on video and can only be seen when you slow the tape right down. They travel hundreds of miles an hour and this is why people believe them to be not of this planet.

I'm gonna try a find a website about them so you know what I'm talking about!

leXX
07-18-2002, 02:57 AM
Check it out!

http://www.roswellrods.com/pre.html

http://www.roswellrods.com/newpic/rodcup.jpg
http://www.roswellrods.com/newpic/cavcup.jpg

Tyrion
07-18-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
I have had some UFO experiances before, and I'm only 15.

One time at summer camp, I was playing softball and it was getting lat, and we had just p[acked up the equipment and was ready to go in, when I looked up at the sky to see a small light looming over me, and drifting off. It changed directions, and then finally left.

ANother time, I was at my grandma's. She lives out in the country, and the sight of the sky in the evening is beautiful. One time, I was out there in the middle of a field with her small dog, just looking at the sky for the heck of it. A square-shaped object came from over the trees, and then went back the way it came. I backed up to get a better view, but it had gone.

another time I was in my backyard, cleaning out my car(this was during the day). I looked up to see a glaring metallic object zooming across the sky. It looked like a rectangle, and it made no noise. Then, a second one passed right by it, and the went in opposite directions. These where not planes. I know what a plane looks like.

I was like.........woa..........

I had 1 experience.I was in the desert at night.I look at the sky and I thought I saw a comet.The wierd thing is that is a made a perfect 90 degree turn and dissapeared.

Breton
07-18-2002, 03:01 AM
I do belive in lifeforms outside of this planet, I also belive that there is intellegent lifeforms in the universe (notice that i don't say other intellegent lifeforms). But i doubt very much that these lifeforms have ever visited earth.

Divine Spirit
07-18-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by lexx
Have any of you heard of RODS? They are long creatures that have been captured on video and can only be seen when you slow the tape right down. They travel hundreds of miles an hour and this is why people believe them to be not of this planet.

I'm gonna try a find a website about them so you know what I'm talking about!

hehe, i saw a programme about 'RODs' on Sky 1....i was taken in at first but then i got skeptical. There are so many flaws to this theory and all the flaws can be dismissed by making up another property by the RODS.

For example, no ones actually found a body of a ROD?

Solutions: They live forever, they go back to their planet before they die, their bodies disintegrate within seconds of them dying

Do a google search for RODs and you will find the 'official' site. and also a site where someone totally slags off the theory.

Divine Spirit
07-18-2002, 03:14 AM
The site that lexx has already mention is the 'official' site for RODs -there cant really be an official site but it was set up by the guy who 'first' made the theory and this is a site that claims the theory is false:

http://www.amsky.com/ufos/rods/

Also try out http://www.flyingrods.com/ for more information

Darth Talliusc
07-18-2002, 03:17 AM
i agree with lexx, there are just too many to think otherwise.

Reb Starblazer
07-18-2002, 03:26 AM
Yea Divine Spirit, I've heard that theory too. They supposedly used to line up with a certain constellation, but changes in the universe as well as Earth, have made sure that they don't quite line up anymore. But, they have figured out which ones they originially pointed to, I just can't remember which. Something else that's eerie. Not only do the Egyptian pyramids line up with specific ones, the Mayan and Incan pyramids, (on the other side of the world, which means they more than likely didn't have contact with the Egyptians), also line up with specific constellations, different ones than the pyramids in Egypt do of course, but, they line up. Oooh, scary :D

Tyrion
07-18-2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Divine Spirit
The site that lexx has already mention is the 'official' site for RODs -there cant really be an official site but it was set up by the guy who 'first' made the theory and this is a site that claims the theory is false:

http://www.amsky.com/ufos/rods/

Also try out http://www.flyingrods.com/ for more information

LOL.....more people thought is was flying scrolls like in the bible than cratches in the camera.....

Divine Spirit
07-18-2002, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Reb_Starblazer
Yea Divine Spirit, I've heard that theory too. They supposedly used to line up with a certain constellation, but changes in the universe as well as Earth, have made sure that they don't quite line up anymore.

Im sure scientists or astrologers can make some sort of computer software that can show what the universe looked like thousands of years ago so that we can see if the pyramids line up with the stars....but you're right, the consellations have already been found.

Divine Spirit
07-18-2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Tyrion

LOL.....more people thought is was flying scrolls like in the bible than cratches in the camera.....

Considering that the kind of people who visit that site are the ones who believe in RODs im not surprised about the results.

Kstar__2
07-18-2002, 03:51 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Divine Spirit

Also try out http://www.flyingrods.com/ for more information [QUOTE]

most of them think there from another dimension? wtf? thats one of the most stupid things i've ever heard.

and yes, i believe in aliens

Darth Knight
07-18-2002, 03:58 AM
i hope there is life out there caseu if we were the only ones i think it would be boring but i think when we say life most of you think of aliens but when i mean life i mean bacteria,plants or stuff like aliens or huminoid things i am really inntrested in those ufo things and stuff like that so yes i do think there is life

obi
07-18-2002, 04:09 AM
You idiots! Here is how the rods got here.....

Captains log, stardate 53612.234.

The Enterprise is orbiting around something-or-other3.We where about to go to warp when a mysterious worm hole appeared from out of no where, and several short, funny looking things came out of it.

Data: Sir, The short funny looking things are coming at us.

Riker: Red alert!

Picard: on screen. Magnify. Magnify again. Magnify 100 times. Magnify 1000 times. Magnify 100000 times. Full magnification factor.

Data: aye sir.

Picard:move us in at 1/3 impulse power, ensign black woman.

Black Woman: Aye sir, 1/3 impulse

Picard: Don't repeat me, ensign!

Ensign: Sorry sir. Not repeating you.

*Picard rolls eyes*

Picard: Mr.Worf, Open a channel.

Worf: Aye sir.

*HBO's "The Supranoes" comes on the main viewer*

Picard: You know what I mean, Worf.

Worf giggles to himself. Sorry sir. Chanel open.

Picard: This is captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise. Please Identify yourself. You are in federation space.

ROD: We are the rods. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. YOur technological and biological traits will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Picard: That sounds familiar.......

Worf: Sir, I reccomend we blow them to millions of pieces, then eat them.

*Everyone stares at Worf*

Worf: What?

Picard: Get Wesly Crusher up here. He will save us.

*Wesly runs on bridge*

Wesly: you wanted me sir?

Picard: Yes. Do something with the RODS.

WEsly: ok.

*wesly runs to science station and mashs buttons*

Picard: What are you doing?

WEsly: I am sending through the worm hole at a vexed angle so they will go back through time.

Picard: Whatever.......I want some tea. I'll be in my ready room.

*Picard goes to Ready room*

Wesly: I did it. Say bye bye to the RODS!

*RODS go through worm hole, and end up in the year 2002, at Earth*

*que TNG end theme*

Divine Spirit
07-18-2002, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by kstar__2
most of them think there from another dimension? wtf? thats one of the most stupid things i've ever heard.

yeah well as i said, the people who go to that site are the ones that believe these far out theories.

Clem
07-18-2002, 04:10 AM
lets take the egyptians

imagine u live in the middle of the desert .... uve got f all too look at BUT the sky at night .....sure .... u gonna put some stay with it ... u bury ur kings and u want em to goto the stars (or whatever) so u build their pyramid under a star ... same with the incans

yeah sure theres prolly life sumwhere

but i dunno exactly how it came about ... but the set of circumstances that lead to life here ..... were pretty unlikely ... so i doubt it much is there

equally .... the life might not be much like us it could be nething .... planets could be sentient

ahhh bored now .... think it out amongst urselves :D

Divine Spirit
07-18-2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
You idiots! Here is how the rods got here.....

:rofl: thats very inspired obi-wan! :D :D

whitedragon
07-18-2002, 04:22 AM
well i have a theory that the universe was created sso man kind could expand. im not sure about intelegent life but their are probly animals out there

Darth Knight
07-18-2002, 04:34 AM
lol i like that obi wan that was funny

Grets Sirob
07-18-2002, 04:43 AM
I say there are things not of this world.
Some, not a heck of a lot.
And we may find aliens on other worlds.
They'd probably have the intelligence of a dog, but heck!
And there's no such thing as, "primitives"
Only ancient people.
They were actually quite intelligent.

:emperor: I shall rule the galaxy.

Divine Spirit
07-18-2002, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Darth Clem
lets take the egyptians

imagine u live in the middle of the desert .... uve got f all too look at BUT the sky at night .....sure .... u gonna put some stay with it ... u bury ur kings and u want em to goto the stars (or whatever) so u build their pyramid under a star ... same with the incans

:eek: :eek: the egyptions didnt sit around in the desert all day! They were one of the best empires in the history of Earth...not as good as the British Empire but maybe even better than the Roman empire! :p im sure they can find something else to do apart from star gaze! hehe :D

Mercen4ry
07-18-2002, 04:51 AM

I live in Miami... Illegal aliens? I see them all the time. :rolleyes:

Seriously though... It's a big universe. As Waterson, author of Calvin and Hobbes, put it...

"The best proof there's intelligent life out there is the fact that they haven't contacted us yet." :p

leXX
07-18-2002, 05:04 AM
Just to clear it up, the 3 Great Egyptian pyramids lined up with the constellation Orion, specifically the 3 stars in Orions belt. This is indeed a great feat of engineering and many people believe it was beyond the Egyptians to achieve this. Someone (I think of his name right now) has actually proved that the Pyramids were built b4 the Egyptians which makes this mystery even more intriguing.

Clem
07-18-2002, 05:10 AM
whats to say were intelligent .... we may be the cavemen of the universe

Jubatus
07-18-2002, 06:04 AM
Darth Clem somewhat has a point, about us being the cavemen of the universe. Especially our arrogance (at least of the western 'civilization') points to this. One of you wrote that if we were the only sentient being in this universe it would be a waste of space. That statement implies that the universe exists for us; that somehow its creation and evolution through billions of years was all meant for human kind, the peak of creation. It's the old mideaval 'The-Earth-is-the-center-of-the-universe-and-the-Sun-evolves-around-us-not-vice-versa' arrogant assumptions born of ignorance. We are infinitely smaller than a speck of dust and if the universe decides to throw a meteor the size of Greenland in our collective heads it will do so and not even think twice bout it.

Looking apart from any allmighty, divine will designing and directing all for the mostly pathetic human race, the odds are greatly in favour of alien sentient beings. That any of those should have evolved beyond us technically and/or mentally is also easily possible.

Imagine a planet far away being a virtual copy of 'our' Earth, with the same evolutionary story of life upon it. Now, imagine this planet was formed 50,000 years before Earth, not a big chronic difference by universal standards at all. Then simply imagine us 50,000 years from now; given that they have prospered and not faced extinction or retrogration their tech capabilities for space travel could be rather awesome. Obviously they need not be anything like us in body, mind nor culture. Just making easy reference.

This leads us to aliens having visited this planet. Not impossible, but take into account that even if there were like 500 million spacefaring sentient races out there (not unlikely, really), it would still take them a hell of a time to cover all known space. And if they have visited, are visiting, or will visit us, it's not unlikely they'll adhere to a 'no interference' policy, thus hiding themselves for us to allow our natural evolution. Who knows, maybe they allow themselves to be spotted from time to time to inspire us to believe that interstellar, even intergalactic travel is obtainable.

Hell, they could have visited this planet a couple of hundred of millions years ago and said 'Life...interesting, but boring....hey, let's zap that bit of bacteria with our Evolution Stimulator Ray...the red one so it will sting a bit....love to tease bacteria....where's my pizza already?!'.

Breton
07-18-2002, 07:37 AM

:eek: :eek: the egyptions didnt sit around in the desert all day! They were one of the best empires in the history of Earth...not as good as the British Empire but maybe even better than the Roman empire! :p im sure they can find something else to do apart from star gaze! hehe :D

Hahaha the brithish empire better than the egyptian and the roman?? Lmao hahahahaha.

You must be british. The british empire only toke the poor, defenseless lands and gave them lot of taxes. The roman empire, for example, was one of the best warrior empire of all times. The whole empire was so complexe and genious that it is strange how it could fall apart.

Clem
07-18-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

Hahaha the brithish empire better than the egyptian and the roman?? Lmao hahahahaha.

You must be british. The british empire only toke the poor, defenseless lands and gave them lot of taxes. The roman empire, for example, was one of the best warrior empire of all times. The whole empire was so complexe and genious that it is strange how it could fall apart.

ur american right?!

lol the british empire was pretty big my friend .... including unless my sources are incorrect ..... america :)

whitedragon
07-18-2002, 07:47 AM

The roman empire, for example, was one of the best warrior empire of all times. The whole empire was so complexe and genious that it is strange how it could fall apart.
i dont know why they fell in the first place but if you see the great romen arena that is one of the wonders of the world youll see that it was impossable for them to build it. and the army was unstopable they almost concured the entire world

Darth-Nasty
07-18-2002, 07:56 AM
if there are aliens i hope they are no-where near as inteligent as us!

else they would capture us and use us for pets and slaves and for testing of alien cosmetics :(

Darth Knight
07-18-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Darth Clem

ur american right?!

lol the british empire was pretty big my friend .... including unless my sources are incorrect ..... america :)

ha ha ha now who beat this vast empire of yours i think it was my friend..........unless my sources are incorrect........the americans

The roman empire was way stronger then the british the british did just take advantage of people with no technology like the africans so the british were not that great don't just get cocky casue you are british

Camus
07-18-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Darth Knight

ha ha ha now who beat this vast empire of yours i think it was my friend..........unless my sources are incorrect........the americans

The roman empire was way stronger then the british the british did just take advantage of people with no technology like the africans so the british were not that great don't just get cocky casue you are british

Um... dont get to mean with the british... Im of british nobel blood... (5th generation american) and im not that cocky... Ó_Ò

Divine Spirit
07-18-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Darth Knight
ha ha ha now who beat this vast empire of yours i think it was my friend..........unless my sources are incorrect........the american

go and read in a history book, preferably not american because then it will of course be historically incorrect, and find out the tactics used by the americans to defeat the English. When youve done that come back here and tell us how wrong you are to boast about how 'great' the americans are.

And dont get cocky because youre american

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha yes!

:D

whitedragon
07-18-2002, 09:18 AM

go and read in a history book, preferably not american because then it will of course be historically incorrect, and find out the tactics used by the americans to defeat the English. When youve done that come back here and tell us how wrong you are to boast about how 'great' the americans are.

And dont get cocky because youre american

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha yes!

:D
you took the words right out of my mouth. AND IT HURT

Divine Spirit
07-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by whitedragon

you took the words right out of my mouth. AND IT HURT

hehehe :p

Go my minions of mini at-ats! Attack the evil land!

:atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat:

whitedragon
07-18-2002, 09:49 AM

hehehe :p

Go my minions of mini at-ats! Attack the evil land!

:atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat:
*steps on mini at-ats* oops