PDA

View Full Version : SAIK HUATS ROYAL GUARD nearly complete

SAIK HUAT
07-18-2002, 08:09 AM
http://www.redgamer.com/guard2.jpg
http://www.redgamer.com/in-game.jpg

Hi guys. I couldnt find my old post so heres a new thread.

If anyone could help me and tell me how to get my model to hold the saber properly and make reflections on the helmet and boots, i could then pass it onto the skinner for release.

t3rr0r
07-18-2002, 08:11 AM
the helmet looks great... althought the colours confuse me. i can't figure out what some of the model parts are.

SAIK HUAT
07-18-2002, 08:15 AM
in this image only the helmet and legs have been textured. Arms, boots, cape and torso have not. The colors you are looking at are the colors when i exported the skins from 3dsmax.

Dystopia
07-18-2002, 08:22 AM
custom sounds make the model

SAIK HUAT
07-18-2002, 08:25 AM
actually im using 3dsmax to make the model. what kinda dumb post is that (sarcasm)

nucular_jedi_14
07-18-2002, 09:09 AM
what i've needed for an RPG for a while!!!

agentj64
07-18-2002, 09:20 AM
Beautifully done;)

The lower garment needs some more texture made ripples in the cloth tho:d

Xyphox
07-18-2002, 10:27 AM
That looks pretty darn awesome. Good job!

Eklin
07-18-2002, 10:44 AM
Looks good, except that he looks a wee bit too short to be a royal guard. Kinda like the gravity is squishing him down.

Maybe if you made the helmet a little smaller/narrower it would make him look taller.

MaulerZ
07-18-2002, 11:47 AM
Looks pretty good it deserves a dl.......good work.

trowa500
07-18-2002, 12:44 PM
I have one thing to say: WOW!:guard: :freakout: :thumbsup: :drop2:

adillon
07-18-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by SAIK HUAT
and make reflections on the helmet and boots, i could then pass it onto the skinner for release.

i'm pretty sure the reflections have to be added to the skin itself, not the model prior to skinning. you can make a shader (environment map) that'll create a shiny surface that should reflect the surrounding environment. i've been in contact with sithlord-ii who created the shader for the new vader model, and he said the 2 easiest ways are to either copy the script from the stormtrooper shader (or from the vader shader) OR download q3ase from polycount.com (along with the tutorial) which is a shader editor for the quake3 engine. i haven't had a chance to try out either option yet, but hopefully you'll be able to do it.

model's looking really good, although the helmet seems a little big for the body (kinda like dark helmet meets the royal guard j/k). shrink it down a bit and the model will be absolute perfection.

:guard: keep up the great work! :guard:

SAIK HUAT
07-18-2002, 11:02 PM
Thanx guys for the comments. If it isnt too much to ask, I would really like you guys to give this post a rating.

I will try to add more ripples onto the guards legs and will also resize the head a tiny ickle bit as it sits perfectly on the shoulders already. Keep the comments coming and you may see your idea implemented into the model on release.

If ANY one knows how to get the model to hold the saber PROPERLY or knows how to give the helmet and boots that shiny affect in game (not 3dsMAX) then PLEASE drop a post in this thread!!

SAIK HUAT
07-18-2002, 11:06 PM
Thanx addilion for your help, I will try these things straight away and will keep you updated on my progress

adillon
07-18-2002, 11:14 PM
Thanx addilion for your help

not a problem ... glad i could help, or at least TRY to help. but like i said, i haven't had the chance to try either option yet ... supposedly they're not too difficult. hope you get them to work for ya!

oh, and FYI, it's adillon, not addilion ... j/k :D

... would be cool if someone would model the force pike to replace the saber for the royal guard ... wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Wakka Bongo
07-19-2002, 01:24 AM
:D He's Lookin Good!

I'll Rate This Thread For Ya! :)

Darkhold X
07-19-2002, 02:21 AM
What I would recomend SAIK HUAT, is when doing the uv mapping that you put both the helmet, and boots on a seperate image by themselvs, and then you wont have to use any alpha tga crap, and the file size will be lower also. I have a perfect shader for this also, as you can see the texture, and its shiny.

zanex
07-19-2002, 06:12 AM
I would love to take a crack at skinning it

Hanch Saode
07-19-2002, 08:30 AM
Nice model! Weren't aware of it.....so I got a bit suprised seeing it suddenly....especially considering how it actually looks!!!!

It's a really beautiful model! Good job there....looking forward to it's completion!

Bogus
07-19-2002, 09:31 AM
i love these guys.

but maybe not scrap this one but do another one without the cape in fron just behind and exspose the chest and leg armour like in CRIMSON EMPIRE

edit: im not trying to put you down but do another by ediditng this one with the armour

Great Job get some good custonm sounds

adillon
07-19-2002, 10:58 PM
have you thought about what you're gonna do for team skins? maybe you could do the senate guards from ep1 and ep2 as the blue team skin ... the helmet's the only different thing. well, that AND they're blue. :rolleyes:

just my 2 cents. keep up the great work! :D

SAIK HUAT
07-20-2002, 05:57 AM
Thanx again for the comments,
Will consider the fully armed guard but thats out of the way for now. My main concerns are for the model to hold the saber properly and have the shiny affects, although i reckon i will be able to manage. *fingers crossed*
I have decided to pass the skinning duty to someone with a great protfolio, so skinners add some links for me to have a look at your work and ill get back to you on the skinning for this model.
The head has been resized as even i thought it could be a bit smaller as well as some others.
Team colors will be simple and the boot skin was never attached to the head skin so theres no problems there.
If someone would like to be the sound guy for this model, be my guest, but please try to add some samples for people to hear.

Azrael
07-20-2002, 11:59 AM
I don't care what anyone says, it's gotta be hard to fight in that helmet. Probably end up feeling like you have autism or something.:D

Xyphox
07-20-2002, 12:02 PM
You're right, it is really hard to fight in those helmets. I own one, you can't turn your head at all, you have to move your entire upper body.

SAIK HUAT
07-20-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Azrael
I don't care what anyone says, it's gotta be hard to fight in that helmet. Probably end up feeling like you have autism or something.:D

I hope that isnt constructive critics otherwise ill go mad :D (j/k)

SAIK HUAT
07-22-2002, 12:45 AM
ALL current progress on this model is now at a hault unless someone can help me get the model to hold the saber properly! I have weighted the skeleton 5 times now and am not going to try again unless a new approach has been suggested. I hope someone can help. I you want to download the model in an attempt to fix this horrifying problem please leave your email and a message.

Peret
07-22-2002, 04:39 AM
When finish ?

SAIK HUAT
07-22-2002, 07:19 AM
im guessing 1-2 weeks

fat_101
07-22-2002, 12:58 PM
WOW...... cool model that looks ...well.... FANTASTIC!!!!

woundering any custom sounds???

FATTEH

SAIK HUAT
07-27-2002, 11:32 AM
It would be cool if someone could make the sounds for me otherwise the model will just use the stormtrooper sounds. I am now looking for a skinner/shader for my model so please leave some previous works and your e-mail address in this thread.

SAIK HUAT
07-27-2002, 11:45 AM
Some update pics

http://www.redgamer.com/guard2.jpg
http://www.redgamer.com/in-game.jpg

Leonheart
07-27-2002, 12:08 PM
looks amazing

good job man

GabrielXen
07-28-2002, 03:26 AM
What do you mean, hold it properly...? Upright, like in the movies, or how they hold it in the game..? Is he holding it funky..?

Also, if anyone has reference pics of the "force pike" they use, I'd give a shot at modeling it...... I've been thinking of modeling something like that for a while...

-Gabriel-

:c3po:

D@rth M@ul
07-28-2002, 04:30 AM
Very Nice, lol all we need is the guard staff.

GabrielXen
07-28-2002, 05:30 AM
I've started on a rather crude force pike... I'm just blocking in the relative shapes for it, then I'll be adjusting it as need be.... One question; I've never seen one being used... Does it have a glow around it like a lightsaber, or is it kinda like lightning...? I'll try to get some screenies in the next day or two...

-Gabriel-

SAIK HUAT
07-28-2002, 06:27 AM
interesting, i was thinking about doing the same thing. If you can finish it before my skinner finishes the model i will include your force pike with the model release if you allow...

Darth Loki
07-28-2002, 08:38 AM
I'm looking forward to this model more that yoda...

SAIK HUAT
07-28-2002, 09:35 AM
Heres some info on the skinner...
He made the Darth Mekanus skin and hes nick name is Nano. I cant spell his real net name but thats what his sig is. Hes a great skinner and im going to enjoy this project more with someone like that on the team. He needs to get another copy of JKII before we can start to get this model skinned as hes on vacation in the states from his home country Italy. Hes just graduated you see... He will soon be getting back to me.

GabrielXen's envolvement is interesting, maybe we could try and haggle for some screenshots off him... If he pulls it off it will polish up the project for release nicely

remark 666
07-28-2002, 09:38 AM
I can get the saber fixed and do a skin (like a team or extra skin, not default)..if I don't have time I'll get someone else to do it >_<

remark666@hotmail.com or AIM:remark666

StarViperPilot
07-28-2002, 11:25 AM
What do you mean, hold it properly...? Upright, like in the movies, or how they hold it in the game..? Is he holding it funky..?

I think he means he's having about the same problem the Mandalorian model has. :(

Nice work on the model btw. :D

SAIK HUAT
07-28-2002, 01:44 PM
ALL current progress on this model is now at a hault unless someone can help me get the model to hold the saber properly! I have weighted the skeleton 5 times now and am not going to try again unless a new approach has been suggested. I hope someone can help. I you want to download the model in an attempt to fix this horrifying problem please leave your email and a message.

Progress is back on! I forgot to mention i fixed this problem and am now on the stages of getting this model skinned. I have already found someone for the skins and hopefully the distinctive hilt as well.

StarViperPilot
07-29-2002, 12:35 AM
Excellent. I have to say your model has improved much from the early version. I'm looking forward to it.

GabrielXen
07-29-2002, 01:32 AM
You guys want just the hilt, or the whole thing...? I've got it made with the rod and all, now I just need to UVW map it.... Any idea how much of a time window I have...? lol

I've taken a couple of screenies in MilkShape showing what I have so far, but don't have anywhere to host them... Does Geocities host pics..? If not, I can e-mail them to Saik... The model is 98% done, I just have to put the little spikey things near the tip of it...*Note* - I now have it fully-functional in-game, but when I added the small spikes near the tip, it made the poly count exceed the limit... Unless I can figure out how to cut back on some of the others, it won't have as many spikes... I can e-mail people the "beta version" of it......

-Gabriel-

GabrielXen
07-31-2002, 01:21 AM
Hmmm... nothing new for a few days...? Anyway, just thought I'd bump this up... lol

-Gabriel-

remark 666
07-31-2002, 04:32 AM
I saw it on polycount, great job man, it looks like it's almost ready to be released (not the one here)

SAIK HUAT
07-31-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by GabrielXen
You guys want just the hilt, or the whole thing...? I've got it made with the rod and all, now I just need to UVW map it.... Any idea how much of a time window I have...? lol

I've taken a couple of screenies in MilkShape showing what I have so far, but don't have anywhere to host them... Does Geocities host pics..? If not, I can e-mail them to Saik... The model is 98% done, I just have to put the little spikey things near the tip of it...*Note* - I now have it fully-functional in-game, but when I added the small spikes near the tip, it made the poly count exceed the limit... Unless I can figure out how to cut back on some of the others, it won't have as many spikes... I can e-mail people the "beta version" of it......

-Gabriel-

OK, just register yourself with geocities and host the pictures there. Im not quite sure what the pike/rod/hilt looks like so i dont know quite what too expect. I havent got the internet back at MY own house so posts from me wont be so often. Once evey few days you should hear from me. Or you could just send it to me.
lukegoh@yahoo.co.uk

I havent heard much from my skinner/shader so i might have to look again for another guy, this should buy you some extra time for the force pike.

SAIK HUAT
08-02-2002, 06:38 AM
I released the Single player version of this model to JKII.net so the model gets more popular and my chances of finding a skinner/shader are greater. There is most definatley an MP version and an update for the actual character still too come.

nucular_jedi_14
08-02-2002, 06:04 PM
make a kir kanos head also?

MaxiNeo
08-02-2002, 07:36 PM
I hope you dont mind, But I made your model work in MP, added some reflective shaders do the helm, arm sleeves and boots :D, and I also added a MP Icon for it :guard:

If any of you are intrested get it here

http://dark-matrix.tripod.com/royalguard.zip
(Just copy and paste it, or drag it up to top bar, or address bar if the link dosnt work... STUPID TRIPOD...)

Oh yeah, and great JOB on the model. It needs a little work, but other then that it looks awesome.

Enjoy. (untill the final version comes out!)

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
08-02-2002, 08:05 PM
Dude you can't f#$@ing do that! Did you even ask the creator before you did this?! Dude that is extremely disrespectful. He hasn't even released it in mp yet. What you're doing is against the rules. And you can get banned if the creator reports you.

MaxiNeo
08-02-2002, 08:12 PM
I know, I should of asked. BUT everyone KNOWS its his MODEL, ITS basically LIKE making a skin for a MODEL. Do you ask the creator IF you can do THAT. NO you just give him credit for his work. And besides, I only did it just to hold people over for the final release... If SAIK HUAT dosnt like it, then I will delete it. I was just trying to be helpful and thought people might enjoy it. unless the creator of this model dosnt want it there, then i will remove it!

Have a nice DAY :joy:

Oh and one more thing. Its not like i STOLE his work and was trying to pass it off as my own like tru_weed_smoka stole kinja's model. And he also said he needed the helmet and such to be shaded. I was just trying to help.

Master Yogurt
08-02-2002, 10:24 PM
that is a dangerous thing to do but he was just trying to help, jeze layoff

Kit Fisto
08-03-2002, 12:33 AM
dude, do you know thats wrong dude? what kind of dude are you dude? :)

MaxiNeo
08-03-2002, 12:41 AM
Hey dude, technically dude its like me making a skin dude and releasing it dude. its not like i stole it dude and was passing it off on my own dude. so dude how about like telling me somthing important next time dude. :D

oh, and I LOVE THIS MODEL!!!!! its fun playing as a royal guard in MP with a metallic helm, arms, and boots, like he originally wanted :guard:

MaxiNeo
08-03-2002, 02:16 AM
Check out this pic I made for this AWESOME model

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/6134.jpg (http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/6134.jpg)

(I dont know why, I just really like this mode)

Kit Fisto
08-03-2002, 02:31 AM
jessman sure is a fan of the word dude, dude ;)

Peret
08-03-2002, 04:04 AM
Need fixed his cape !

Lazarus85
08-03-2002, 05:13 AM
lay off him guys he was trying to help saik's progress by oing 2 things for him. adding a shader and making an MP version. something is wrong though it says its a tripod site and the file cant be downloaded. send to my e-mail please!!!! ltaylora@hotmail.com anyway the single player version of mine has the saber sticking out of his crotch, this is rather funny to play with when jan is around :) but gets annoying in battles because it looks like he is jacking off due to the fact that his hands swing..... anyway is anybody else havin this problem?

AOD_SySsHoCK
08-03-2002, 11:43 PM
lol, i was going to ask for any new updates but it is obviose that there are none, (or they would have been posted) so i am just going to move this topic back to the first page we it belongs till the progect is done...

Enjoi9187
08-04-2002, 12:43 PM
lazarus, you arent supposed to clikc the link, copy it and paste it into your url bar.

SAIK HUAT
08-04-2002, 06:22 PM
I really appreciate the skins MaxiNeo made and may use them in the update that i will be submitting tonight, with the fixed cape and torso cap.

Kir Kanos #6741
08-04-2002, 07:37 PM
I have been trying to get my hands on an Imperial Guard skin/model since I bought JKII. Finally, I've managed to find one.

BTW, great job on the model, but I think it would look better if he was wearing a cape instead of the robe.:tied: :guard: :sithm:

SAIK HUAT
08-04-2002, 08:41 PM
I just had a look at MaxiNeo's Shaders and they look just how i wanted them to look, so grats to him. Although I wouldnt advise anyone to try and do this with other modelers works because they get upset.
If its ok with him, i will use his shaders in the official update.

Kir Kanos - He does have a cape...

MaxiNeo
08-04-2002, 09:00 PM
go ahead and use those shaders if you want :D . Sorry I didnt ask if it was alright to post that first. A Model like that diserves to be shown off... Just think of it as an unofficial beta release! I'm glad you like it though. Hope to see your model out soon. Seeya

SAIK HUAT
08-04-2002, 10:42 PM
Dam Arco I totally forgot about my thread, asking you, no begging you to skin my guard and if i remember correctly you agreed? Whooohooo!!! I havent got daily internet access hence me not getting back to you in time before the thread got closed. The reference skins are in the .zip avaliable at jkii.net. I really want to use your skins for final release!!!

And dont worry about the mesh on the SP release, because its bs. 2.0 has all that crap ironed out. Im releaseing 2.0 now at jkii.net.

SpYzEr
08-04-2002, 11:42 PM
Is this one going to be a MP Model?

SAIK HUAT
08-05-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by SpYzEr
Is this one going to be a MP Model?

Oh yes...

SAIK HUAT
08-05-2002, 10:08 AM
Some update pictures

www.redgamer.com/in-game.jpg
www.redgamer.com/in-game2.jpg

Peret
08-05-2002, 05:59 PM
The cape's color is brighter than the helmet

KBell
08-05-2002, 06:59 PM
Saik- Great model! i dled the beta and its simply fantastic!!

SiThLoRd><1000
08-06-2002, 02:47 AM
I had d/led the beta version of the Royal Guard and since it replaces Kyle in SP it replaces him in MP so you kind of already have it in MP...Right? Thats what happened with mine. But the newer version looks better anyways and I'll sure get that as well. Very nice job!

SAIK HUAT
08-06-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Peret
The cape's color is brighter than the helmet

yeah i know, i still need my skinner which will hopefully be Arco

Jedi Kyp Durron
08-07-2002, 12:36 AM
Really Good. Like right out of the movie. With Reflection and everything. Really good. Alot of details. Way to go!

:guard:

t3rr0r
08-07-2002, 12:39 AM
suggestion for better screenshots: turn down the gamma (/r_gamma).

SAIK HUAT
08-07-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by t3rr0r
suggestion for better screenshots: turn down the gamma (/r_gamma).

Yeah I was having monitor problems

SAIK HUAT
08-07-2002, 07:21 PM
Its official!! Kman is skinning the royal guard!

MaxiNeo
08-07-2002, 07:22 PM
w00t... Hey, are you still going to use my shaders. or is kman going to make some better ones. :D

Bogus
08-07-2002, 09:18 PM
im not trying to put down the guy making one

but quamosity is making lots of saber at the moment and he has a pic of the force pike saber he made

link:
http://web.umr.edu/~mlang/jk2/Sabers/saber_pike.jpg

is that what you mean, he is making and updating his jedi mod package so you could play jedi mod and be royal guard with pike thingy

just trying to help

SAIK HUAT
08-08-2002, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by MaxiNeo
w00t... Hey, are you still going to use my shaders. or is kman going to make some better ones. :D

The version i submitted to jkii.net has your shaders but hasnt been uploaded onto the site yet, I think kman does want to make new shaders tho...

About the force pike: My guy doing the force pike just vanashed :confused:

GabrielXen
08-08-2002, 03:48 AM
I haven't vanished... Just some personal stuff I had to get through... My force pike is finished, all but the skin... Still trying to work on that... It looks a little different from quamosity's pike, cause we prolly used different reference pics... I'll post a screen shot of mine, if you want a comparison... And if KMan's doing the skin, the guard should look pretty sweet... Wasn't he on "Team Yoda"...?

-Gabriel-

SAIK HUAT
08-08-2002, 05:41 AM
yeah he was on team yoda, and also staff for polycount.com which im sure you know about. I am very lucky to have him help me :D

I would love some screens on your works, as soon as kman is done the final release will be ready! I want your force pike to be there ready as well :D If you want someone like me or kman to skin your model just ask, it wont hurt.

GabrielXen
08-08-2002, 01:57 PM
Okay... I have 3 screen shots up here (http://www.angelfire.com/ga/hauntedsoul/forcepike.html) ... Don't mind the pop-ups... I don't know why I use AngelFire... Anyway, I have a few comments on the page...

-Gabriel-

SAIK HUAT
08-08-2002, 02:01 PM
I like it!
I think you should open up your own thread on what sort of effects you can pull off will the lightsaber. I have seen lightining affects for some sabers out there already.

GabrielXen
08-08-2002, 03:10 PM
Well, the model's all done, except for the skin... I couldn't get the animated lightning to work, cause I could only make animated .gifs, and the game just bypassed them(guessing it doesn't read .gifs)... I'll check on the other lightning effects people have done...

-Gabriel-

SAIK HUAT
08-08-2002, 06:58 PM
please post here when ever you progress, I would also like to know how you pull it off :D

MaxiNeo
08-08-2002, 08:52 PM
I decided to do team colors on this awesome model... I wasnt asked or anything... I was just bored, so I thought I would do this... So If you like it, or if you want to use them SAIK HUAT just ask me and I will send the pk3 to you...

You have to copy and paste the links into your address bar to see the pics...

Normal (which I didnt edit)
http://www.maxineo.spyd.net/shot0055.jpg
Red
http://www.maxineo.spyd.net/shot0056.jpg
Blue
http://www.maxineo.spyd.net/shot0057.jpg

Since It would be stupid to have 2 red guards, I made the red team color a little different as you can see in the pic....

WELL tell me what you think...

Mr Tim
08-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Hmmm - why couldn't the red skin just be the same as the default?

In some other models I've used (can't remember which game) where the default skin is red, the red team skin has just been exactly the same as the default. I think that would be good for this model.

Ideal for this model would be to have the red team skins like the original royal guard, and the blue ones like the chancellor's guards from Ep1. However, since they're different models, I don't think that would work.

MaxiNeo
08-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Well of corse you could make it red. but I thought it would be fun to have a different colored guard :D

Mr Tim
08-08-2002, 09:21 PM
Agreed - I think a variety of skins would be good for this model. Just that if I'm playing on a red team, I would want a red model rather than a green one.

However, it would be great to have other skins to use at other times, just not in CTF/CTY/Team FFA, etc.

If you are going to do more skinning of this model, you should try to check out the Crimson Empire comic series (published, like all modern SW comics, by Dark Horse), which is all about the royal guards. Some very cool stuff in there. From memory, it shows a few different 'looks' for guard-like characters; might be good for a few ideas. I'll go and have a look through it again this weekend, maybe post some pics.

SAIK HUAT
08-08-2002, 10:18 PM
I like the different colors you brought out in the model, they look cool. You can publish your skins on Jediknightii.net if you like but you must explain that they are not the official team colors the model will be using for final release as kman has all rights on all the skins already ;) You can just put a mirror in this thread if you like MaxiNeo :D

MaxiNeo
08-08-2002, 11:54 PM
ok, well here it is, The unofficial release of the Royal Guards team skins... (I personally like the green/black one myself)

http://maxineo.spyd.net/guard.zip

If it dosnt work copy and paste it... :D

Enjoy

GabrielXen
08-09-2002, 01:01 AM
I go to work for a few hours, and when I get back, there's all these posts! Neat-o! Anyway, I updated the page that I linked to earlier with a new pic of the beta version of the Royal Guard holding my pike... As for the animated blade for it, still no luck... But(!), I'm gonna download all the lightning sabers I can find and see if one looks good, and ask the creator of said saber if I(we) can use it...

-Gabriel-

MaxiNeo
08-09-2002, 01:21 AM
Why dont you just make a shader and stick it on the pike?

MaxiNeo
08-09-2002, 01:26 AM
Bah, stupid free hosting sites...

If you cant get through on the other file of the guard then download it from here

http://dark-matrix.tripod.com/guard.zip

Once again if the stupid free hosting site dosnt let you download then copy and paste it!

GabrielXen
08-09-2002, 01:55 AM
Aside from the simple fact that I don't know how to make shaders and don't feel like trying to learn, the reason I am continuing to work on it is I want lightning(or something similar) to swirl around the 'shaft' of it... I've never actually seen one used in the movies(and have never seen one of the comics, etc.), so I don't really know what it would look like while it's being used... Lightning is just the way I envision it... If a shader can make it look like lightning, I'd try it... I'm gettin' kinda desperate now... lol

-Gabriel-

MaxiNeo
08-09-2002, 01:58 AM
Maybe I can put a shader on it for you... or at least try... I am really intrested in shaders for some reason. This model was the first thing I ever did a shader for. if you want, send the file to me at gov_dog@hotmail.com and i'll see what I can do to help you :D

GabrielXen
08-09-2002, 03:43 AM
Okay, I've got a neat little lightning effect on it... It looks like it's pulsating around the tip; the cool thing is, when you activate the saber, the little ring of lightning slides up the shaft...! lol

Anyway, being the musician I am, I'm pretty good at audio editing... You guys want me to go all out and make neat, new humming noises for it...? Just a thought I had...

*edit*Okay, I went and did it anyway... I made new, mechanical sounding sound clips for the pike... It's not the traditional light saber hum because this isn't the traditional light saber! All the sounds are wicked sounding...

Blah, enough about that... If anyone has a good reference pic of the one Kir Kanos was holding on that comic book cover, I'll give it a try next, after I get this whole Milkshape thing straightened out...*end edit*

-Gabriel-

SAIK HUAT
08-09-2002, 07:13 AM
Nice GabrelXen, I am proud to have you on the team :D

GabrielXen
08-09-2002, 11:19 AM
The whole file is only about 838kb, so I can e-mail it to you today so you can try it out...

-Gabriel-

Kit Fisto
08-09-2002, 11:33 AM
That sounds very exciting GabrielXen, I have to see this in action, can't wait for the release :)

SAIK HUAT
08-09-2002, 12:11 PM
Add the link in this thread :D

GabrielXen
08-09-2002, 01:42 PM
I don't think I have anywhere to host it... I don't think Angelfire will do it... I could sign up for a free hosting thing, I guess... But as for now, I've been up for about 26 1/2 hours, so I'm going sleepy-sleepy for a few hours... I should have it all situated by about 6 or 7 in the evening, my time...

Try this (http://www.angelfire.com/ga/hauntedsoul/forcepike.pk3) and see if it works... Right click and Save As... I think it will... Also, I noticed that you only see the ring of lightning when the color is set to blue... I'll fix that today...

-Gabriel-

keo718
08-09-2002, 07:16 PM
Nice work GabrielXen. The only thing I'd suggest is to change the hand position on the weapon to the middle instead of the bottom. Also it could probably be a bit longer. Finally, many of those effects and sounds when installed replace the default saber sounds and graphics.

Redwyng
08-09-2002, 08:25 PM
That's very cool GabrielXen! Is it possible for you to have the pike mirrored on the other side of hilt? Also, right now I'm still getting the regular saber light around it... I have to go into jedimod and make the saber glow invisible.

Do that, make it longer, and make it JediMod compatible, and it would be perfect! :) It would be even better if you could attach certain sounds and blurs to certain sabers or hilts.

The royal guard model is coming along very nicely too :)

GabrielXen
08-09-2002, 10:15 PM
Okay... I'm addressing all these issues... The JediMod version will be released with the Guard model, if I can get it to work... Shouldn't be a problem... The problem will be that I'm not sure how to add the custom sounds with JediMod.. May have to ask Dest.. But I'm sure some people won't mind...

As for the regular saber light, I'm checking that too.... Anything else I may have missed will be addressed...

-Gabriel-

Mr Tim
08-09-2002, 10:18 PM
Ok - here's a couple of scans from Crimson Empire - the cover of Issue 1 and a page from issue 3.

The 2-bladed weapon on the cover is what they use for most of the series. The blades extend from either end of the handle. I think in one issue it is used to deflect blaster bolts - not quite sure on this one though.

The other page is the only one I can remember where you see them fighting with the other weapon, i.e. the one you see them with in ROTJ etc, and the one which is being modelled here.

The fighting style for the two weapons seems to be quite similar.

Hope this helps:

Crimson Empire - issue 1 cover (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~tim.johnson/sw/ce1.jpg)

Cimson Empire - Issue 3 stick fighting (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~tim.johnson/sw/ce2.jpg)

GabrielXen
08-09-2002, 11:14 PM
Well, until I get my reg code for Milkshape(should be sometime in the next week), I can't do any changing of the model itself(i.e. changing the position of where the hand goes, etc.)... That also means that the JediMod compatible model will have to wait, unless I have a few tricks left... But I did manage to add more of the graphics for the other colors of the light 'blade', whereas previously I only had them for the blue color... Redwyng, do you think you could take a screenshot of you using it to show me what it's doing..? As for the sounds and graphics replacing the default; that's the point... This version was made to be played in multiplayer without JediMod, and since I don't think there's a way to add the sounds/gfx *only* for this saber w/JediMod, I may have to take them out...:(

-Gabriel-

Mr Tim
08-11-2002, 12:10 AM
Have you seen this model, which seems to have bene only recently posted to jediknightii.net?

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=776

I haven't downloaded it yet, so can't say how good or not it is.

Lord Infamous
08-11-2002, 01:00 AM
I downloaded it, its ok but i see SAIK's model coming along much greater, after kman is done skinning it im sure it will look alot better

Mr Tim
08-11-2002, 05:20 AM
Agreed.

I haven't played with this other one yet, but based on a comparison of sceenshots between the two, Saik Huat's looks much better.

And with Kman skins to come, I'm sure it will be the supreme interpretation of the Imperial Guard.

SAIK HUAT
08-11-2002, 10:08 PM
Thanx guys for your praise, but plz take into account that Goreld's model is more aimed at the comic books "Crimson Empire" where as my model looks at ROTJ.

SAIK HUAT
08-14-2002, 07:45 PM
How that force pike coming along dude?

SiThLoRd><1000
08-14-2002, 08:22 PM
Thats coming along really well. You have done an excellent job and I hope the model comes out soon.

GabrielXen
08-15-2002, 03:35 AM
Well, I've made the .roq file that I was gonna use on the shader, but I still can't quite get the hang of shaders... So, that's all I really have left to do... Actually, the whole 'animated shader' thing was just a little bonus I hoped to add to it, so it's 'optional'... I have the model completed with a rough, fairly decent skin on it, the custom sounds, and the custom blade skin, so if I don't get the shader working in the next couple of days, then I'll just officially declare the pike 'finished and ready for release'... I might upload it to my page for you to download in the next few day, so you can see it...

-Gabriel-

SAIK HUAT
08-15-2002, 07:36 AM
Do you think you could send me the link threw e-mail? (lukegoh@yahoo.co.uk) I dont want anything released till final now, if thats ok with you?
Kmans helping me with the skins. I think he knows alot about this kinda stuff so you should ask him some questions directly. He could help you (maybe?). I would really like to see that .roq on your shader, that would make it the most complex saber to date :D

SAIK HUAT
08-17-2002, 07:59 PM
any news on the skins or the force pike yet??

Mr Tim
09-13-2002, 01:30 AM
What ever happened to this model. It look good, but I haven't been able to find any updates.

Mr Tim
09-13-2002, 01:30 AM
What ever happened to this model. It looked good, but I haven't been able to find any updates.

Edit: Sorry for double-post. Browser problems:rolleyes:

fat_101
09-13-2002, 09:27 AM
i seen this model (under the makers name anyway) on jediknightII.net but it was only a sp version ? so if there is a mp version already realesed plz could someone write a link down...

FATTEH

SAIK HUAT
09-13-2002, 10:24 AM
This is where you can download the beta MP version- http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=download&id=742. Kman let me down bigtime so i am trying to find a new skinner for it. If you want the version that is supported for team colours then look under the skinning section for maxineos version.

fat_101
09-13-2002, 10:28 AM
tnx m8 :D :D well happy now

FATTEH

EDIT: the file wasnt found on the server :confused:

SAIK HUAT
09-13-2002, 10:38 AM
try this?

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=download&id=833

fat_101
09-13-2002, 11:03 AM
yay it worked tnx 4 the help saik huat :bounce1: :thumbs1:

FATTEH

GabrielXen
09-14-2002, 02:07 AM
Well, what do you know...

I go away for a few weeks, and when I come back I find out that KMan didn't do the skins...? I'm a little lost on all this, so fill me in...

And, my force pike is ready, but I haven't done the JediMod version yet... Too busy playing other games *gasp*...

-Gabriel-

KMan
09-14-2002, 11:54 PM
Just to clarify things-
The model (textured and all) was released some time ago. The author posted in the skinning thread to see if he could find someone to fix(redo) the uv coordinates on the model so that it could have a proper skin done for it. Arco was going to skin it, but he did not know how to unwrap the model, so he asked if I could do that. I was a bit busy at the time, but went ahead and grabbed the model. I never got around to unwrapping it, as I found the model to be of low quality and would have been a pain in the butt to work on. So I was on IRC one day, and one of the guys I know from PC was looking to learn how to unwrap. I offered and he agreed. Some time later, I asked for a follow-up and nothing was done on it. So I decided to give up on the model as I really had no interest in unwrapping that POS.

SAIK HUAT
09-15-2002, 01:47 AM
kman a forum admin called the communitys work (not just my work, which was helped by maxineo and soon to be GabrielXen) a POS just to avoid skinning it. I cannot believe such imature behaviour came from a polycount and lucasarts forum admin. Its upsetting and downgrading, not just on me but also for the people that let this monkey control the forums as well.
Calling someones model a POS is just lamers terms for someone who doesnt really have a lot to say. I even asked for kmans opinions on the model and also asked him to point out any n00b mistakes I made, but he rather call my work a POS because the flat-faced stingray couldnt think of nothing else to say.

If you want evidence on this treatment its all here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71828

(note) kman had deleted a previous thread by me aimed at Arco. This is against forum regulations he once told me, but when my thread turned into a chat room between me and him, he didnt see fit to close it as it was in his interest. Forum admins, sort him out.

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-15-2002, 04:56 AM
Saik, though you and Kman may share different views on your model there's no reason to use that language. And despite what Kman states, I like your model very much. I think you've done good work.

SAIK HUAT
09-15-2002, 06:50 AM
kman a forum admin called the communitys work (not just my work, which was helped by maxineo and soon to be GabrielXen) a POS just to avoid skinning it. I cannot believe such imature behaviour came from a polycount and lucasarts forum admin. Its upsetting and downgrading, not just on me but also for the people that let this monkey control the forums as well.
Calling someones model a POS is just lamers terms for someone who doesnt really have a lot to say. I even asked for kmans opinions on the model and also asked him to point out any n00b mistakes I made, but he rather call my work a POS because the flat-faced stingray couldnt think of nothing else to say.

If you want evidence on this treatment its all here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthre...&threadid=71828

(note) kman had deleted a previous thread by me aimed at Arco. This is against forum regulations he once told me, but when my thread turned into a chat room between me and him, he didnt see fit to close it as it was in his interest. Forum admins, sort him out.

GabrielXen
09-30-2002, 11:58 PM
Screw it... I don't have anything to do these days..... Send me the files and I'll try skinning it...

gabrielxen@sinistervisions.com

-Gabriel-

SAIK HUAT
10-01-2002, 01:01 AM
Be my guest dude, all the reference skins are in the beta MP download at jediknightii.net, cant wait to see some of your work.