PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! Must See!

xwing guy
09-07-2001, 11:49 PM
Check out the top headline on the main page and go to the direct link to the Lacasarts GBG site, and check out the map tour! Its awesome!

darthfergie
09-07-2001, 11:59 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!:eek:
THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!!
GO TO THIS LINK NOW PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/battlegrounds/

THE LIST

SHOWS BESPIN AND CLOUD CARS IN BOTTOM LEFT HAND SIDE Cloud city troopers!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

REBEL PLANETARY CANNON!!!!!!!!:eek:

Big huge RADAR FOR THE IMPS!!!!

NABOO JEDI NABOO FIGHTERS AND BOMBERS!!!!!!!!!:eek:

YODA!!!!!!!!(in the desert at the top)[and his hut]

EWOKS AND EWOK FLYERS!!!!!!!!!

TUSKEN RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGE TF LANDING CRAFT!!!!!!!!
TF BOMBERS!!!!

Miniture Battle of Hoth!!!!!!!

HAN SOLO & Mellinuim Falcon!!!!!!!!!

JAWA SANDCRAWLER!!!!!!!!

WAMPA!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

VADER!!!!!!!

ANAKIN????

THE TWINS ARE DIFFERENT!!!!!! Gunagn Sheild generator and then there is a Gun!!!!

Wookie Transport!!!

BESERKERS!!!!!!!!!!!(ARMORED WOOKIES WITH BIG SWORDS)

Naboo Boats!!!

STAPs!!!!

Arura Sing!!!!!(KVAN's find)

Queen Amidala!!!!

C3PO and R2-D2!!!!!(Kvan is greedy for some credit isn't he)

Boushh!!!???(bounty hunter Leia played)(Kvan thinks he found it but I did:p )

Lando???(Kvan thinks he's there so if that isn't him...blame it on Kvan:D )

Boss Nass!!!(Kvan is a glory Hog isn't he:D )(Kvan found this one somehow)

AoErat
09-08-2001, 12:06 AM
Yep, a great update. Expect Imperial Garrison (www.heavengames.com/angels/aoerat/) to have it all documented by tomorrow. :)

xwing guy
09-08-2001, 12:07 AM
Wheres Yoda at on there?

Booya2020
09-08-2001, 12:15 AM
Cool! Top right has the Mellenium Falcon! Didn't see yoda where is he? It's like trying to find Waldo.

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 12:19 AM
I'M SO HAPPY I'M FLOATING ON CLOUD 9...:D

Oh...NO...THEY...NO...Why...:ball:

THEY STILL DON'T REALIZE THAT YOU CAN SEE THROUGH THE SNOW SPEEDER'S SHADOW AND SEE THE GUN!!!!

:ball:

Lord JayVizIon
09-08-2001, 12:27 AM
if you look at the top left where the TF jedi with the darth maul dual light saber is (naboo area), you'll see what appears to be a very small dood next to the guy the jedi is fighting. that could be yoda....

xwing guy
09-08-2001, 12:29 AM
No I think thats Anakin.

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
if you look at the top left where the TF jedi with the darth maul dual light saber is (naboo area), you'll see what appears to be a very small dood next to the guy the jedi is fighting. that could be yoda....

Yoda is in the top of the map in the desert area.:rolleyes: Next to his Hut,by the way the hut is near the Monuments. You didn't do good at I spy did you:D (by the way that dude is Anakin)

xwing guy
09-08-2001, 12:39 AM
How can you see little things like that? BTW 250th post!

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by xwing guy
How can you see little things like that? BTW 250th post!

I SPY CAMPION OF THE WORLD;)

Just look. The green sticks out.:)

1288th post!!!!!!!:D

Compa_Mighty
09-08-2001, 12:56 AM
Quoting the Emperor : "Impressive. Most Impressive"

This is just AWESOME!!! Please tell me one thing Fergie, where are gungan jedi?

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 01:08 AM
Gungan pic in the bottom left in a hoard of units and very hard to see...Kvan just pmed me. He has a cool revelation that I missed so I'm going to let him post it.

Kvan
09-08-2001, 01:09 AM
Is that Aurra sing in the pic where maul and QuiGon are fighting?

Lord JayVizIon
09-08-2001, 01:10 AM
you mean those guys with the hooded outfits? are those the gungan jedi?

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Kvan
Is that Aurra sing in the pic where maul and QuiGon are fighting?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: At first I thought it was some kind or Pretorian type Naboo guard...

In that same pic...that speeder...Is that Alien invaders??? (solid beam going to the ground)

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 01:12 AM

There is only one in gray Jedi robes.

...what is that unit below Yoda in those wierd robes???

Kvan
09-08-2001, 01:15 AM
Maybe Handmaidans?:)

Compa_Mighty
09-08-2001, 01:16 AM
There are a lot of units in parts you can not enlargen. For example a Sandcrawler.

Lord JayVizIon
09-08-2001, 01:17 AM
it's okay, but i want to see the pcgamer review of this game!

Thrawn
Wow! Yoda, Falcon, Jedi, AT-STs, Anakin, Maul, Qui-Gon, Snowspeeders, Ewoks, Cloud Cars, EVERYTHING!!! Wow! That is AWESOME! :D :D :D That is SO cool!

BTW Anyone see Vader?

darthfergie
Originally posted by Compa_Mighty
There are a lot of units in parts you can not enlargen. For example a Sandcrawler.

And a moisture farm...most of the wookie village...I hope they have one of these a week...or one of these a day;)

Kvan
09-08-2001, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Thrawn
Wow! Yoda, Falcon, Jedi, AT-STs, Anakin, Maul, Qui-Gon, Snowspeeders, Ewoks, Cloud Cars, EVERYTHING!!! Wow! That is AWESOME! :D :D :D That is SO cool!

BTW Anyone see Vader?
I think Vader is in the Hoth scene.
But where is Luke?:(

Compa_Mighty
09-08-2001, 01:21 AM
I saw everything you've listed... except the Gungan Jedi... I just can't find them :(

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 01:21 AM

BTW Anyone see Vader?

I've got a huge list at the top of the front page of EVERY new unit I spotted...And yes I found him 30 minutes ago:p

Gungan Jedi is in Gray. And he is in the mass of units in the bottom right of the Gungan water battle screen.Next to the twins of the sheild Gens.

Kvan
09-08-2001, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Compa_Mighty
I saw everything you've listed... except the Gungan Jedi... I just can't find them :(
I can't find them either :(
I don't see where you are saying they are Fergie :(

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 01:27 AM
MASSIVE Wrkshr Trees...How in the world do you cut those down???:confused:

Kvan
09-08-2001, 01:36 AM
Did anyone see Boss Nass in the Naboo swamp pic?

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 01:38 AM
Did anyone see Boss Nass in the Naboo swamp pic?

In the center???

Jedi is next to the Want-to-be Faambas people!!! In gray robes(with purple lining)

Kvan
09-08-2001, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by darthfergie

In the center???

Jedi is next to the Want-to-be Faambas people!!! In gray robes(with purple lining)
:eek: You think those are Gungan Jedi?!

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 01:44 AM

:eek: You think those are Gungan Jedi?!

THOSE???
There is only ONE of him...I'm beging to have my doubts though...

...that is wierd those occupation signs on the buildings that can be occupied look like bathroom signs *lol*

Admiral Odin
09-08-2001, 01:48 AM
Me happy. they did a very good job giving an update for the game.

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Admiral Odin
Me happy. they did a very good job giving an update for the game.

Even though they didn't say a word in the map;)

...IT ISN'T FAIR!!! there are some HUGE wookie objectso n the map that aren't zoomed on and I think they may be the Kas Tanks!!!:(

Kvan
09-08-2001, 01:59 AM
Ok fergie I looked real hard in the right hand corner of the Nass pic, I see two bird things flying and what appears to be a watch tower.. I see no Gungan Jedi

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 02:02 AM
Ok fergie I looked real hard in the right hand corner of the Nass pic, I see two bird things flying and what appears to be a .. I see no Gungan Jedi

...:eek:...

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave you the wrong side...I don't know my right from my left:(
Sorry about that. Left cornerish. Alittle above that though...

Kvan
09-08-2001, 02:04 AM

...:eek:...

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave you the wrong side...I don't know my right from my left:(
Sorry about that. Left cornerish. Alittle above that though...
Its ok :)
I see what you are talking about now....it's a little too hard to tell what it is...It kind of looks like a battle droid..or a Gungan warrior..

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 02:06 AM

Its ok :)
I see what you are talking about now....it's a little too hard to tell what it is...It kind of looks like a battle droid..

Battle Droid???? The guy in GRAY robes???:confused:

KVAN POST THAT PIC YOU SHOWED ME!!!

Kvan
09-08-2001, 02:17 AM
This pic?
http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/jahkris/area2.GIF
Why?

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 02:18 AM
This pic?
http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/jahkris/area2.GIF
Why?

Cause it's cool:D

I admit it...I for Once...Was wrong.:D

Kvan
09-08-2001, 02:24 AM
Its ok fergie. The pic of the unit is kind of blurred and hard to see what it is :)

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 02:26 AM
Its ok fergie. The pic of the unit is kind of blurred and hard to see what it is :)

Most likly it is really a Gungan trooper...maybe...It is a guess don't go acusing me of making up more stuff:D

Kvan
09-08-2001, 02:58 AM
Everyone probably noticed it but did you see C3p0 and artoo at the battle of Hoth section? They are so keen looking!:D
And is that Lando off to the right of them?!

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 03:02 AM
Yes but who was that wierd guy with the long rifle next to them?:confused:

Lando's in the cape you mean...I'm not sure...:(

Kvan
09-08-2001, 03:05 AM
Yes but who was that wierd guy with the long rifle next to them?:confused:

Lando's in the cape you mean...I'm not sure...:(
It is Lando! :)
The guy with the long rifle kind of looks like Bossah (or however it's spelled)

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 03:07 AM

It is Lando! :)
The guy with the long rifle kind of looks like Bossah (or however it's spelled)

Bossh...however it is spelled...yeah that sounds right they did say that that was the Rebs Bounty Hunter (or one of them)

AT-STs ARE SNOWED ON!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
Look there is snow on the edges!!!!!!!!:eek:
WOW good detailing:eek:

Also where is the Gungan underwater housing???:eek:

Kvan
09-08-2001, 03:51 AM
I don't see any underwater houses but then again, there isn't mush water on the map :)

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 03:52 AM
I don't see any underwater houses but then again, there isn't mush water on the map :)

True...um...what is "mush" water:D
Besides where would they make their houses without water???:confused:

Kvan
09-08-2001, 03:56 AM

True...um...what is "mush" water:D
Besides where would they make their houses without water???:confused:
hmmmm....good point. maybe they get a bonus if its in the water if not then they don't.
You've never heard of Mush? Really?:eek:

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 03:58 AM

hmmmm....good point. maybe they get a bonus if its in the water if not then they don't.
You've never heard of Mush? Really?:eek:

*lol*
Seriously what would happen to the house out of water? Would the plasma just drain to the ground???

Paladin
09-08-2001, 09:30 AM
This is awesome. I think i am going to go crazy if they don't release the game soon. Ion canon and twin cloud cars look cool.:freakout:

Thrawn
09-08-2001, 12:36 PM

*lol*
Seriously what would happen to the house out of water? Would the plasma just drain to the ground???

I think that the Gungans can built houses underwater, but the don't HAVE to. Otherwise how would they play on a snow map?! And I think that the benefit is obvious. If the houses are underwater, then only guys who can attack underwater would be able to hit them. :gungan:

xwing guy
09-08-2001, 01:18 PM
And houses underwater don't take up space on land were you need to build other sturctures.

Compa_Mighty
09-08-2001, 02:38 PM
Large pic, and still no Mon Cal... YES!!! There's still hope for the expansion!

Booya2020
09-08-2001, 04:30 PM
I like the way the game looks now. The scale is perfect. Large enough to tell what is what and small enough to look realistic. Its also good to know that the Gungans have sheild generators instead of having to rely on faamba's with their short sheild range.

anonymousdude
09-08-2001, 04:57 PM
Wow, this is awesome, what a treat.

The wampa ice creature looks great, i didnt think they would have that, would it be a bigger equivelat of a wolf in AOK?
Is that big round building near yoda the masassi temple (SP)?it must be..it looks graet, the naboo buildings are gorgeous too. The clouds of cloud city look cool too.

Theres too much to take in, im going to overload... :explode:

Thrawn
09-08-2001, 06:00 PM
I like R2 alot, although 3P0 looks a little wierd. Darth Vader looks really cool, especially with the blue. :vadar:

Here's the people I've seen: Vader, 3P0, R2, Lando, Qui Gon, Obi Wan, Anakin, Amidala, Maul, Aurra Sing, Yoda, and the Falcon. Are there any other main characters?

xwing guy
09-08-2001, 06:31 PM
Nope I think that just about does it for the characters. Anybody see any units that you recoginze? I saw the AT-ATs, AT-STs, stormtroopers, juggernauts, rebel e-webs, rebel heavy troopers, I didn't see hardly any wookiees:( , I see destroyer driods, battle droids, droid fighters, droid bombers,(some are flying around the falcon) AATs, a few naboo speeders, naboo fighters, naboo bombers, gungan fambaa sheilds, fambaa cannon, gungan troopers, and some ships in the water, I can't tell whose side the ships belong to though.

Admiral Thrawn
09-08-2001, 06:42 PM
Yea, I love the Clouds :D but the :bdroid2: are awsome!
Did anyone see Darth Maul yet?

(Check out my site http://EmpireofCoruscant.cjb.net/ )

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 07:16 PM
I like R2 alot, although 3P0 looks a little wierd. Darth Vader looks really cool, especially with the blue. :vadar:

Here's the people I've seen: Vader, 3P0, R2, Lando, Qui Gon, Obi Wan, Anakin, Amidala, Maul, Aurra Sing, Yoda, and the Falcon. Are there any other main characters?

EVERYONE I POSTED A LIST ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS THREAD!!!:rolleyes:

YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!:p
It is HUGE so take a look.

Admiral Thrawn
09-08-2001, 07:16 PM
yaaaaaaa! My Sig is working!

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 07:37 PM
Finally:D

My huge list of units is on the front page...take a look

Anyone have any thought on the Trees that are bigger than the At-Ats

JEDI_MASTA
09-08-2001, 08:39 PM
man this is so cool!!!!!!!! i cant find yoda where is he:confused:

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by JEDI_MASTA
man this is so cool!!!!!!!! i cant find yoda where is he:confused:

AGAIN!!!???!!!:o

Okay look at my list...or one of my 3 or 4 posts that say where he is first okay. He is by the Yavin Temple...near his hut.

Admiral Thrawn
09-08-2001, 09:45 PM
Ok I have figured out the units in the Hoth scene. The Guy with the Rifle is Luke from the first part of A New Hope. The unit with the pistol is Mara Jade. The Guy with the cape is Lando and the 2 droids. The only question I have is who is the other unit? Han?

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Thrawn
Ok I have figured out the units in the Hoth scene. The Guy with the Rifle is Luke from the first part of A New Hope. The unit with the pistol is Mara Jade. The Guy with the cape is Lando and the 2 droids. The only question I have is who is the other unit? Han?

THE GUY WITH THE RIFLE IS BOUSHH!!!!!
THE GUY WITH THE PISTOL IS HAN SOLO!!!!
...what other unit...describe please...

The other unit is that one doesn't show a pistol that one is *Lucasarts Personel bust in Fergie's room and drag him out*

Admiral Thrawn
09-08-2001, 10:06 PM
Actually if you haven't read the expanded comics you will realize that Jade always wears that hood. And that figure looks like it is wearing a hood, also Gaber Said that Mara Jade would be included!

darthfergie
09-08-2001, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Thrawn
Actually if you haven't read the expanded comics you will realize that Jade always wears that hood. And that figure looks like it is wearing a hood, also Gaber Said that Mara Jade would be included!

I KNOW JADE IS INCLUDED BUT IT ISN'T JADE!!!!!!!!
AND THAT WASN'T LUKE!!!!!!!!!:p

xwing guy
09-09-2001, 12:13 AM
I don't know who they are because I'm not gonna take the time to look when I could be uping my post count.:p

Kvan
09-09-2001, 12:23 AM

I KNOW JADE IS INCLUDED BUT IT ISN'T JADE!!!!!!!!
AND THAT WASN'T LUKE!!!!!!!!!:p
Yeah that is NOT Mara Jade! The pose looks like Hans, plus it looks like Hans or Lukes Hoth gear. I vote it's Han
The guy with the Long rifle could be Luke but I'm betting it's Boussh, like *I*(FERGIE!) first said :)

darthfergie
09-09-2001, 01:39 AM
SEEEEEEE:D
I'm always RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...um...maybe most of the time

Bifficvs
09-09-2001, 08:07 PM
You people scare me. I had to squint and use all your directions, and were able to make out most of what you guys noticed, but not all. How in bloody 'ell did you all see some of those characters??

Kvan
09-09-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Bifficvs
You people scare me. I had to squint and use all your directions, and were able to make out most of what you guys noticed, but not all. How in bloody 'ell did you all see some of those characters??
Well most of us really like this game, so we spend hours looking for unique characters. ;)
Although some of us *ahem*fergie*ahem* like to make believe they have found certain characters when they really haven't :D
BTW Welcome bifficvs (were did you get that name from?) :)

Bifficvs
09-09-2001, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the welcome. And, well, waaaaaay back in high school, freshman year, one of the seniors, who was one of those ******* types, kept calling me a. Paul Bearer (WWF Manager) and b. Biff from back to the future, saying that I looked like both of them. Most people didn't know this, so started calling me Biff on a regular basis, as a regular nickname. Since no one knew its origins, I just never bothered saying anything about it, and it stuck. Now that I'm in college, and all my friends that I didn't go to high school with call me by my real name (Brian), and I changed it (the nickname) into a spiffy Roman(or Greek?) sounding name when I would play Civ II or AOK and whatnot, using Bifficvs Rex, then decided it was too long and dropped the Rex.

Oh, and upon closer inspection, in the desert scene, where the Tusken Raiders are, I spotted URoRRuR'R'R!

darthfergie
09-09-2001, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Bifficvs

Like I said earlier

I SPY CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!:D

Kvan
09-09-2001, 09:03 PM

Like I said earlier

I SPY CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!:D
.....that make believes he sees characters? ;)
How old are you bifficvs?

Bifficvs
09-09-2001, 09:05 PM
I am that of twenty-and-one years of age. and a half.

darthfergie
09-09-2001, 09:08 PM

.....that make believes he sees characters? ;)

So do you and you and you um...um...um...your dumb:D

Paragon_Leon
09-10-2001, 10:40 AM
SO glad i can keep this on topic again... :D

what a weekend away won't do... i come back and drool at this map..

it shows off SO many units... i also spotted what could be the Naboo Blaster Cannon... It's in Theed, next to the yellow....energy column ??

Thrawn
09-10-2001, 11:00 AM
Hmm, I think you may be right, Leon. As for fergie's proclaimations of Jade, and Boushh. . . :rolleyes: Those are the only characters that I'm not sure about. :D BTW I spotted an odd weapon or something. In the Naboo shot look in the bottom left hand corner. See that tank/speeder shooting blue stuff. What is that? :confused: I just doesn't seem to fit.

dvader07
09-10-2001, 01:40 PM
In the Hoth seen, where the droids and the much debated units are, is that Chewie standing there just below who we think might be Lando? I don't think the guy with the long rifle is Luke. He never carried a weapon like that in any of the movies. The guy with the pistol definitely looks like Han.

Kvan
09-10-2001, 01:44 PM
Hmm, I think you may be right, Leon. As for fergie's proclaimations of Jade, and Boushh. . . :rolleyes: Those are the only characters that I'm not sure about. :D BTW I spotted an odd weapon or something. In the Naboo shot look in the bottom left hand corner. See that tank/speeder shooting blue stuff. What is that? :confused: I just doesn't seem to fit.
Fegrie never said it was Mara Jade, Admiral Thrawn did :)
And I'm the one that said the other one looks like Boushh :D
Yeah I saw that ship that is shooting blue lasers too.....do you think its the Chiss? ;)

Hannibal
09-10-2001, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by dvader07
I don't think the guy with the long rifle is Luke. He never carried a weapon like that in any of the movies.

Yeah he did. Remember in a ANH when he and 3PO went looking for R2 he had a long gun. But I still don't think that's him in the preview. They should allow us to zoom in on the whole picture.:mad: :D

Tie Guy
09-10-2001, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by dvader07
I don't think the guy with the long rifle is Luke. He never carried a weapon like that in any of the movies.

I don't think it is Luke either, but in ANH luke had a long rifle when he was looking for R2 and ran into the tuskan raider. Remember?

Anyways, about the blue thing, it think it is a proton torpedo, at the front there seems to be a "nucleus" of sorts that would be the actual torpedo, and the rest would be the trail.

Admiral Thrawn
09-15-2001, 04:50 AM
Guys check out the NEW screenshots!

http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/zones/previews/sep01/galactic.html

Warlord
09-15-2001, 01:31 PM
Awesome Review!

Tie Guy
09-15-2001, 02:22 PM
Yesh, but it looks like they got ahold of it before they resized the units....hopefully.

Admiral Thrawn
09-15-2001, 05:49 PM
Still looks good :D

Admiral Odin
09-15-2001, 11:55 PM
it was talking about an alpha. not the beta...

XinGViruS
09-28-2001, 11:53 AM
In the area where also the millenium falcon is, at the left side, just above the most left yellow tower thingie, theres a jawa.

And oh, who is the guy just below yoda?

Eets
09-28-2001, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by XinGViruS
In the area where also the millenium falcon is, at the left side, just above the most left yellow tower thingie, theres a jawa.

And oh, who is the guy just below yoda?

Yeah, the Jawa's cool. I'd put him in my avatar, but he's a little too distorted.

In my opinion, the guy below Yoda is Leia, but I could be wrong, and I'm sure it's been posted on in the past.

Kvan
09-28-2001, 02:38 PM
Actually I don't think we did ever figure out that character...perhaps it is Leia or Luke with poncho..:)

Eets
09-28-2001, 03:15 PM
Well, my vote's in. Leia in a poncho with the gold bikini underneath! :laughing: