PDA

View Full Version : 5 reasons why I should be a mod.

Tyrion
07-20-2002, 05:24 AM
1. I look and post at this forum more than anyone else.

2. I would have to stop my spamming to be a good moderator

3.You guys know me fairly well

4.I have over 1000 posts

5. I am fairly good and behave well,I wouldnt do stuff unjustly.

There......if that dont get me a potition as mod of Yoda's Swamp,then how the hell did Spy get the job:D :D :D

obi
07-20-2002, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Tyrion

4.I have over 1000 posts

There......if that dont get me a potition as mod of Yoda's Swamp,then how the hell did Spy get the job:D :D :D

1. I think not. :)

2. I never spam. (maybe once or twice before, but thats it)

3. They know me too.

4. Me too, but that don't mean jack-squat.

5. Same here.

Anyways, let me get to the point.

They aren't going to select a new mod for a while anyways, so you might as well not ask.

(I got told that by Matt-Windu)

Let's just sit back and have a good time in da forums. :)

Tyrion
07-20-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13

1. I think not. :)

2. I never spam. (maybe once or twice before, but thats it)

3. They know me too.

4. Me too, but that don't mean jack-squat.

5. Same here.

Anyways, let me get to the point.

They aren't going to select a new mod for a while anyways, so you might as well not ask.

(I got told that by Matt-Windu)

Let's just sit back and have a good time in da forums. :)

Yeah, but I dont see mods around here much anymore....

About half the mods are M.I.M(missing in modding):D :D

Camus
07-20-2002, 05:36 AM

Man I made 150 posts yesterday... Im on all day... I get up take care of a few things... Get on about lunch and im on tell im ready to call it day and go to bed...

obi
07-20-2002, 05:38 AM
I've been here for over 2 years and I'm no mod.

However, I do see that many times I'm on, there is no mod.

But hey, they do the best they can with what they can do. They're only human, you know.

:)

Tyrion
07-20-2002, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Camus

Man I made 150 posts yesterday... Im on all day... I get up take care of a few things... Get on about lunch and im on tell im ready to call it day and go to bed...

Yeah,yesterday.I've posted and look at these fourms alot of hours for about 6 or 7 weeks.

Camus
07-20-2002, 05:40 AM

But hey, they do the best they can with what they can do. They're only human, you know.

That is a very good point... :D

~is not trying to be a mode~

Tyrion
07-20-2002, 05:41 AM

Yeah,but we're inhuman,remember?:D

Reb Starblazer
07-20-2002, 05:44 AM
Well, here's one in your favour Tyrion(sort of). One reason Tyrion would make a good mod is, well hey, who knows more about spam than Tyrion. Am I right?:D

Sorry Ty, I don't think you'll get to be a mod. I actually knew you'd be posting something like this someday.:D
Possibly the main reason you will not be a mod(well at least not for a while yet) is the fact that technically you're not even supposed to be using LucasForums, let alone in control of a portion of it. See my point? Just appreciate the fact that you can post here at all:) When you can't have what you want, it's time to start wanting what you have.

Divine Spirit
07-20-2002, 05:47 AM
5 Reasons why i DONT want to be a Mod

1. Responsibility

2. Commitment

3. Dont come here as much as other people

4. Im too lazy

5. Im too subversive

Exterminator234
07-20-2002, 05:51 AM

4.I have over 1000 posts

5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Be A Mod

1. Spam

2. I'll screw it up for you :D

3. Obi will kick you outta the Acadamy cuz he didn't get to be a mod :D

4. You wouldn't stop spamming

5. How did you get those 1000+ posts?

No, I'm all for it. Only because I will have advantages, me being his padawan. :evil2:

Camus
07-20-2002, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Divine Spirit
5 Reasons why i DONT want to be a Mod

1. Responsibility

2. Commitment

3. Dont come here as much as other people

4. Im too lazy

5. Im too subversive

I must agree 80% of divine... I dont apply to 3... I have just as much fun being Quiz master/Spam-zilla as I would being a mod... :D

Tyrion
07-20-2002, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Reb Starblazer
Well, here's one in your favour Tyrion(sort of). One reason Tyrion would make a good mod is, well hey, who knows more about spam than Tyrion. Am I right?:D

Sorry Ty, I don't think you'll get to be a mod. I actually knew you'd be posting something like this someday.:D
Possibly the main reason you will not be a mod(well at least not for a while yet) is the fact that technically you're not even supposed to be using LucasForums, let alone in control of a portion of it. See my point? Just appreciate the fact that you can post here at all:) When you can't have what you want, it's time to start wanting what you have.

No.technically I could post here,as my dad signed me up and he's over 13.

whitedragon
07-20-2002, 05:57 AM
1) i have over 1000 posts

2) i wont stop my spamming (im on a roll)

3)mods dont let ya have any fun

4) you guys know me fairly well (good reason)

5) i dont think theyd let me

Reb Starblazer
07-20-2002, 06:04 AM
Ok, so you are allowed to post here Ty. I pretty much glossed over that "Under 13" part of the agreement, because well, I haven't been younger than 13 in a long time.

I don't know about you becoming a mod though. I don't like to judge people, but some reason, you don't really strike me as the "authority" type. Not to mention, the thought of someone your age with that much power scares me:D

EDIT: I respected your wishes and removed your age from my post. I suggest you do the same to that quote.

Tyrion
07-20-2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Reb Starblazer
Ok, so you are allowed to post here Ty. I pretty much glossed over that "Under 13" part of the agreement, because well, I haven't been younger than 13 in a long time.

I don't know about you becoming a mod though. I don't like to judge people, but some reason, you don't really strike me as the "authority" type. Not to mention, the thought of an 11 year with that much power scares me:D

Ageism....the reason why I dont like to post my age on forums.

Nebelwerfer_
07-20-2002, 06:08 AM
1 and only reason why I shouldn't be a mod:

Im too busy! with college, job, girlfriend, raving and chillun.

as for you tyrion, I don't think you've been here long enough to be a mod, sorry.

OnlyOneCanoli
07-20-2002, 06:11 AM
I can guarantee you that it isn't nearly as cool as you think it is. And it isn't just you - I'd guess that around 90% of the people who want to moderate a large board such as this one find that it isn't a quarter of the fun you think it would be. I know the first time I modded a large board, I learned that.

And believe me, campaigning to be a moderator will get you absolutely nowhere (not just you, Tyrion, I've noticed several others doing it as well over the last month or so) - in fact, to me, it lessens your chance if anything. You will be noticed for participating in intelligent conversations, *cough* ;), and being a help to other members if we need another moderator.

As for you specifically, Tyrion, I wouldn't count on it. This is just too much of a responsibility for an 11 year old. I hate to be blunt like that, and I'm not picking on you, and other mods may not hold the same opinion, but I just don't think it'll be happening.

Agen
07-20-2002, 06:38 AM
A year ago, i became a mod for the gta3forums.com and like canoli said, it is hard work, it looks great to do but it gets really boring, you can't properly respond to messages properly and what you want to say, it ends up being a chore, telling off, deleting and such just becomes a thing to keep you away, sure it's a spark for you at first but it dies out and you end up not wanting to come back (Sort of).
But now tho if alot of my academy buddies did become mods i think i would want to become one to mainly because it would be easier to sort things out and i would want to be left out.

I'm such a f*g eh?
:o

Cyris
07-20-2002, 10:21 AM
Im the most worthy of mod here. I entertain the public which is very good for them. Because it makes them post even if they hate me or not. I havent been banned yet for what I do and i dont think I will because alot of people like my totally random threads. Love ya all. Peace out!

Yoda_623
07-20-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Cyris
Im the most worthy of mod here. I entertain the public which is very good for them. Because it makes them post even if they hate me or not. I havent been banned yet for what I do and i dont think I will because alot of people like my totally random threads. Love ya all. Peace out!
I think everything you just said is the complete opposite of a definition of a forum mod. :D

Darth Knight
07-20-2002, 10:37 AM

AH HA HA H HA HA HA HA HA LOL that was the funniedt thing i heard lol you a mod yeah right that was so fuuny lol

Camus
07-20-2002, 10:38 AM

... I dont want to sound mean or any thing but... Obi-wan13 has the greatest chance of being the next mod...

TheJackal
07-20-2002, 10:47 AM
#1 To become a mod, dont post a thread on becoming a mod

#2 we take cash

#3 you dont HAVE to do number two but it would be appreciated :)

#4 contact an administrator and flirt...huh... I mean talk with him. Get an other moderator to vouch/back you up.

#5 dont contact me. Its not up to me to pick moderators.

#6 read number five again

#7 read number two again

Boba Rhett
07-20-2002, 11:30 AM
*digs around for Sherack's old list*

1) Make good posts. Encourage intelligent discussion, not spamming. It's the best way to become a mod AND a valuable member here.

2) There has to be a demand. We don't promote mods for fun here, there must be positions open.

3) Be available. If you can only get online once a week, it's pretty pointless to promote you to moderator.

4) Type well. Although this is facultative, we favor people who use correct punctuation and grammar in their posts.

And uhh... number 2 on Jackal's list works wonders too. :D

Camus
07-20-2002, 11:34 AM
I just have a stupid question... This is the place to put it... Why would anyone want to be a mod??? to much work and no pay... I have fun just sitting here posting left and right... but being a mod means you have to sit there and work wall you post...

Darth Groovy
07-20-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Yoda_623

I think everything you just said is the complete opposite of a definition of a forum mod. :D

Master isn't this Cyris the same person that posted a thread about Yoda as a booger and declared himself booger king or something of that nature? Is it in his nature to be so absurd?

SPY_jmr1
07-20-2002, 11:42 AM
#1 To become a mod, dont post a thread on becoming a mod

#2 we take cash

#3 you dont HAVE to do number two but it would be appreciated

#4 contact an administrator and flirt...huh... I mean talk with him. Get an other moderator to vouch/back you up.

#5 dont contact me. Its not up to me to pick moderators.

#6 read number five again

#7 read number two again

Originally posted by Boba Rhett
*digs around for Sherack's old list*

1) Make good posts. Encourage intelligent discussion, not spamming. It's the best way to become a mod AND a valuable member here.

2) There has to be a demand. We don't promote mods for fun here, there must be positions open.

3) Be available. If you can only get online once a week, it's pretty pointless to promote you to moderator.

4) Type well. Although this is facultative, we favor people who use correct punctuation and grammar in their posts.

And uhh... number 2 on Jackal's list works wonders too. :D

what they said.:D

I know I am now your new toy to bash around... I dont mind, thats the point...;)

I really dont know HOW exactly I managed to get here... I am guessing dumb luck...:) but it might have been number 2 on the other hand....

to recap, " I AM A WONDERFULL PERSON, GIMME" does not help you any... before I became a mod, think, what did you NOT see... in fact, you had no warning whatsoever... the best kind:D

edit: also, rhett, where is that list from? I would like to see the source, if I can...

Camus
07-20-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by SPY_jmr1

what they said.:D

I know I am now your new toy to bash around... I dont mind, thats the point...;)

I really dont know HOW exactly I managed to get here... I am guessing dumb luck...:) but it might have been number 2 on the other hand....

to recap, " I AM A WONDERFULL PERSON, GIMME" does not help you any... before I became a mod, think, what did you NOT see... in fact, you had no warning whatsoever... the best kind:D [/B]

Im a little lost... Did you just find your self being a mod or did they say you was a new mod or what???

SPY_jmr1
07-20-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Master isn't this Cyris the same person that posted a thread about Yoda as a booger and declared himself booger king or something of that nature? Is it in his nature to be so absurd?

aye, that it is... I am guessing his flaunting(sp?) of his still being here is a oversight... mr. admin mans, you guys can slapban right?;) j/k

no really, I warned him about posting junk threads... pls dont do anything to him....

Camus
07-20-2002, 11:48 AM
no really, I warned him about posting junk threads... pls dont do anything to him....

After awhile of reading what he was putting I just started to ignor him... Some of the stuff he puts makes no sence what so ever to me... So I go on and act like hes not there...

you DO know there is a forum ignore function, right?

SPY

Rogue Nine
07-20-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Camus
I just have a stupid question... This is the place to put it... Why would anyone want to be a mod??? to much work and no pay... I have fun just sitting here posting left and right... but being a mod means you have to sit there and work wall you post...

Power trip. That's basically it.

SPY_jmr1
07-20-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Power trip. That's basically it.

I was not gonna say it...:D though I could have, I am no longer the newest mod on LF.com... this scares me to death...;) :cool:

obi
07-20-2002, 01:23 PM

I am no longer the newest mod on LF.com... this scares me to death...;) :cool:

Then who, pray tell, is?

Some new guy that has only been here for 4 months?

(no offense:D )

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-20-2002, 01:42 PM
i dont like any the moderators, cause if you give people a little bit of power and they take it to there heads(HEY! you can get mad at me for showing my opinions!!!)the only people who i think deserve to be mods are those 2 peeps with over 8000 posts.

obi
07-20-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by -=|Lyger|=-
i dont like any the moderators, cause if you give people a little bit of power and they take it to there heads(HEY! you can get mad at me for showing my opinions!!!)the only people who i think deserve to be mods are those 2 peeps with over 8000 posts.

But Post count has nothing to do with it.

They look at quality, not quantity. (man, that's way too over used. Mods: come up with a better saying! :) )

They also look for people who are dedicated or whatever.......

ANyways, I don't know of the first MOD that has let the power go to their head. I think that they do their job, and people get mad about it. But it's not the mod's fault, they where just doin their job. :)

Boba Rhett
07-20-2002, 01:49 PM
Well I love you too, Lyger.

It hilarious that you think post count is a qualifier for mod-ship. :rolleyes:

Way to stack them brownie points. :thumbs1:

GonkH8er
07-20-2002, 02:05 PM
I take cash :)

We'll take your mod application and add it to the shredder pile... I mean..... recruitment file...

Don't call us.... We won't call you.

Rogue Nine
07-20-2002, 02:09 PM
And there's only one person over 8000 posts.

JrKASperov
07-20-2002, 06:24 PM
The true reason you dont get to become mod is that you WANT to be one...;)

King Andrei
07-20-2002, 08:21 PM
What IS the criteria anyway?
How DO you become a mod anyway? (Besides bribbery, blackmail and/or password hacking I mean.:D)

Agen
07-20-2002, 08:26 PM
Type well. Although this is facultative, we favor people who use correct punctuation and grammar in their posts.
typical, actually i use all the right marks and stuff, jsut that i type too fast and make mistakes like that just that i wrote up there... 10 mins til i go camping :D

King Andrei
07-20-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Type well. Although this is facultative, we favor people who use correct punctuation and grammar in their posts.

That's me all over! Well, most of the time. Only 0,1% of my posts are illiterate and they're made intentionally.

GonkH8er
07-20-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by matt-windu
Follow the rules, and don't beg...it only lessens your already slim chances.

And don't think becoming well known by spamming and posting heaps will increase your chances. The respectful, polite and headstrong forum goers are the ones who are picked... or the insane ones... such as me :)

GonkH8er
07-20-2002, 10:01 PM
whoa.... somethings whacked... i posted my last post after matts, evident seeing as i quoted him... but its above...

???? wtf?

Mr. Lozier
07-21-2002, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I guess if you were a mod you wouldn't get in trouble for spamming. Oh, what? Oh, nevermind. It appears that you don't have to be a mod to get away with spamming cuz this whole thread is spam. Every single post in this thread is spam. Just look at it!! This is lame.

Cyris
07-21-2002, 12:25 AM
I should be a MOD. And i dont appreciate you making fun of me all of you that did. Especially Sarth Knight or whatever. Stop saying **** about me in evey thread. You smell

Tyrion
07-21-2002, 12:46 AM
I should be a MOD. And i dont appreciate you making fun of me all of you that did. Especially Sarth Knight or whatever. Stop saying **** about me in evey thread. You smell

:rolleyes:

matt--
07-21-2002, 01:28 AM
Follow the rules, and don't beg...it only lessens your already slim chances.