PDA

View Full Version : Binding 2 keys in a script

Hambo
07-20-2002, 07:59 AM
Is it possible to bind two different keys to do exactly the same thing in a script?
What I am trying to do is make a script which when I press either 'L' or 'mouse3' it will change my saber stance and my skin and saber colour to match.
Can it be done?

Currently I am using 2 scripts, one for the bind 'L' and one for 'mouse3', the problem with this is that the skins and saber colour are occasionally with the wrong stance, depending on which button I press.
The 2 scripts I use are called 'reborn1' and 'reborn2'
Here they are.

Reborn1

//start script
set change1 "color1 4; model reborn/acrobat 1; saberattackcycle;; bind mouse3 vstr change2"
set change2 "color1 2; model reborn 2; saberattackcycle ;; bind mouse3 vstr change3"
set change3 "color1 0; model reborn/forceuser 3; saberattackcycle ;; bind mouse3 vstr change1"

bind mouse3 vstr change1
//end script

Reborn2

//start script
set reborn1 "color1 4; model reborn/acrobat 1; saberattackcycle;; bind l vstr reborn2"
set reborn2 "color1 2; model reborn 2; saberattackcycle ;; bind l vstr reborn3"
set reborn3 "color1 0; model reborn/forceuser 3; saberattackcycle ;; bind l vstr reborn1"

bind l vstr reborn1
//end script

Is there a way I can reduce this to one script and make it so both keys will do the exact same thing?

Thankyou :)

golfrguy87
07-20-2002, 09:51 AM
Multifunctional binds are basic binds but set to execute more then one command, this could be useful for changing more then one setting on a sever at once or kicking all the bots out of your game without having to vote for each one.

Here is an example of a multifunctional bind.

]/bind = kick bill;kick ben;kick ryan

The ; key tells the JK2 engine that the command that follows it is a new command.

Hope that helps...

idontlikegeorge
07-20-2002, 03:19 PM
hey how do you do these kind of scripts? what file format do they need to be in, and where?

i assume these are scripts that you can bind a key to in-game and have it run the commands in the script?