PDA

View Full Version : import/export plugins for max 3.1?

delquar
07-21-2002, 06:16 AM
i have gmax, think they'll work in it? and the importer/exporter for max is in the tools download

razhel
07-21-2002, 06:22 AM
they dont exist, do they?
Not my good day today. I downloaded jk2editingtools2 to find out they're only an update and i need the first version of the tools to get the model viewer/compiler programs and the plugins, so i downloaded jk2editingtools. Now i nicely have all the tools for the game, a neo model for the game in a quite advanced stage of modeling and no import/export plugins for 3d studio 3.1 wich i still use, and that means i cant import root.xsi to my model so i wont be able to continue on with it if i dont get a solution :(

I've though maybe someone can send me a .max file with the root.xsi already imported (if that works) so i can use it on my model. ( marcel1@teleline.es ;) )

note: i've tried using the plugins but they wont work as they use code specific of max 4

Altimira
07-21-2002, 06:31 AM
send one here, for r3, if its possible. I was just looking for an importer/exporter for the roots.xsi...No Luck:(
Thrakus@cox.net

ALIEN_JL
07-21-2002, 07:13 AM
I have been looking for Max3 XSI Importers/Exporters
for LOOOONG time... NO LUCK!

What i have found is XSI importer which say that
importing is disabled in this version of this plugin
and i have found XSI exporter which can export
to XSI but it can't include any geometry...

Altimira
07-21-2002, 08:41 AM
thats for max r4, not any of the others. It wont work w/ r3 or gmax.

edit- Since the threads are out of order, this is in reply to delquar

delquar
07-22-2002, 01:00 AM
dang, so does that mean i am out of luck? that sucks. no one knows of any for gmax at all?

Matariel
07-24-2002, 08:32 AM
afraid so man....max4 is the only one that'll do it, hell max3 and gmax are almost horribly out of date now (max5 has been announced already)

as a result, max4 should be on the cheap soon....ive even seen a deal from discreet that promises a free upgrade to max5 with the purchase of max4 from them

although i dont like it, there are many places you can get max4, say no more

delquar
07-24-2002, 03:43 PM
well i dont have the money for 3dsmax, much less, know how to use it at all. oh well, i guess its back to just sabers and other games