PDA

View Full Version : Help with SOund on Full Throttle, Grim Fandango with Audigy card

Agm
07-21-2002, 01:41 AM
No Matter what I have tried I can't get sound to work.

ANd I cannot find dos drivers for my audigy mp3 card, so how exactly could I get sound to work for this?

If it helps I'm running windows 2000. I also appreciate any help anyone can give me. I'd love to play these games but I want to experience them the way they were. With sound.

Andrew

Chastan
07-21-2002, 06:09 AM
You won't be able to use any kind of DOS drivers under windows 2000 or XP (especially for the audigy). Maybe you could install windows 95? I don't know that the audigy would have DOS compatible drivers still though... try poking around creative's site. If you can't...your best bet is to try and find an older card, like a sound blaster 16 or something. I would figure Grim Fandango would work with the audigy though, that sucks. Well, sorry I can't be any more help, I don't have any of these products...good luck :D

edit: Sorry but after looking around Creative's website it doesn't look like they have any DOS support for the Audigy...it only works with 98+, too. Hey is Full Throttle supposed to run under Windows 95/98 according to the box? Or does it run under DOS...?

sorry if i'm incoherent it's 3AM hehe

Agm
07-21-2002, 09:40 AM
FUll Thottle is supposed to run under 95/98. So I guess that could also be part of the problem.