PDA

View Full Version : Wrong NPC

acewombat
07-22-2002, 10:48 AM
I was finally successful at adding a new npc as in sp levels. I used the example from emon's tuts. It worked howwever I tried the same thing witht the Jedi trainer. I called him RebornJedi Trainer and named the changed the model folder name just as the stormtrooper. He spawns but spawns as a stromtrooper instead of JediTrainer. He has the right AI but the wrong skin? I rechecked to see if I extracted the right model from assets0.pk3 and I have. This is what my edited file looks like.

RebornJediTrainer
{
playerModel RebornJediTrainer
saberColor red
rank commander
reactions 5
aim 5
move 5
aggression 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
playerTeam enemy
enemyTeam player
class reborn
yawSpeed 140
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
snd reborn2
sndcombat reborn2
sndjedi reborn2
health 400
dismemberProbHead 0
dismemberProbArms 5
dismemberProbLegs 0
dismemberProbHands 10
dismemberProbWaist 0
}

But He is spawning a stormtrooper with a saber instead-can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Harukaze
07-22-2002, 11:28 AM
Stormies are default, so it might not find the directory. All I can suggest is doublechecking the name of the directory with the .glm.
Hope that helps!

acewombat
07-22-2002, 08:03 PM
Should I have extracted the GLM, See I might be confused I extracted models/players/jeditrainer from assets pk.3 I changed it to Rebornjeditrainer and inside it is the model default skin file. If so where does it go?

Harukaze
07-23-2002, 07:11 AM
The GLM has to be in the directory with the .skin file, otherwise it won't know where to look for it. Which is foolish, imho; you're only repeating yourself with the same exact file over and over, but sadly that's how Raven set it up.

Hope that helps!

Harukaze
07-26-2002, 06:26 AM
If I have time today, maybe I could toss the RebornTrainer together and send it to you? I can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do.

acewombat
07-26-2002, 08:39 AM
I have extracted all the model files to models players in the base folder and I still get the stormie. What about changing the name of the model default skin or something?