PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix

Pages : [1] 2 3

leXX
07-22-2002, 01:12 PM
There are alot of Matrix fans in these forums so I thought I would make this a gatthering place for all the fans to meet and discuss The Matrix.

Heres some stuff for you:

Maps:

Matrix Dojo Map: http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=331
Matrix Lobby Map: http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=378
Matrix Subway Showdown: http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=402 (includes Agent Skin)
Matrix Subway Station beta http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=3999&sid=6bf2bcdd98ac563d48a4ead18dd99106

Matrix Quotes:

Morpheus: "What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about your senses, what you feel, taste, smell, or see, then all you're talking about are electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream, Neo? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Oracle: I would tell you to sit down, but you won't. And don't worry about the vase.
Thomas "Neo" Anderson: What vase? [Neo knocks a vase over, which shatters on the ground.]
Oracle: That vase.
Thomas "Neo" Anderson: I'm sorry--
Oracle: I said, don't worry about it. I'll have one of my kids fix it.
Thomas "Neo" Anderson: How did you know I was going to break it?
Oracle: Oh, what will really bake your noodle later is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything to you?

Oracle: You're a nice boy. I can see why she likes you.
Thomas "Neo" Anderson: Who?
Oracle: Not too bright, though.

Agent Smith: Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? It's the sound of inevitability.

Cypher: I know what you're thinking, 'cause I'm thinking the exact same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it since I got here: Why didn't I take the BLUE pill?

Morpheus: Stop trying to hit me, and hit me!

Agent Smith: Never send a human to do a machine's job.

Neo Are you telling me I can dodge bullets?
Morpheus No. What I'm telling you, Neo, is that when you're ready, you won't have to.

Neo: *The* Trinity? Who cracked the IRS code?
Trinity: That was a long time ago.
Neo: Jesus...
Trinity: What?
Neo: I just thought... you were a guy.
Trinity: Most guys do.

Morpheus The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Tank: So what do you need? Besides a miracle.
Neo: Guns. Lots of guns.

Matrix Trivia:

Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity) played Liz Teel in the TV series "Matrix" (1993).

When the martial arts programming menu flashes across the computer screen, "drunken boxing" is one of the skills listed.

The glyphs on the computer screens, with the exception of the call traces, consists of reversed letters, numbers, and Japanese katakana characters.

All of the references to street corners (i.e. Wells and Lake) are real intersections in Chicago, USA, the Wachowski brothers' hometown. The subway train has signs for "Loop," another Chicago reference. The film however is quite obviously not set in Chicago.

As Neo runs through the old lady's apartment near the end of the film, we see an image on the TV of a menacing man in a black suit coat. The image is that of one of the Number 2's from the TV show "The Prisoner" (1967).

When Neo is calling to get extracted from the Matrix, he says, "Mr. Wizard get me the hell out of here," a reference to the 1960's cartoon Tooter Turtle. Each episode, Tooter would yearn to be something he wasn't and have his friend Mr. Wizard (a lizard) wave his magic wand and make him an astronaut or a scientist or whatever. Inevitably, Tooter would quickly get himself into trouble and call out "Help Mr.Wizard," and the lizard would intone "Drizzle, drazzle, druzzle, drome, time for this one to come home." Tooter would be transported back to his old self and be chided by Mr. Wizard to "be happy with what you are."

Neo hides his money in a book titled "Simulacra and Simulation," an actual work of critical theory that deals with issues of what is "real" and what is "simulation or simulacra." When Neo opens the book, he opens to the chapter, "On Nihilism."

Check out the room numbers for Trinity and Neo. When the cops bust in on Trinity in the opening scene the number is 303 ("trinity," 3) and since Neo is The One the number of his apartment is 101. Also, the room with Trinity and the cops in the beginning of the movie, is also the same room, in the same hotel, where Neo confronts Agent Smith at the end of the movie.

Coincidentally (or not), M
atrix, Trinity, Morpheus, 303 and 101 are all makes and/or models of music synthesizer.

Almost every line spoken by Neo's "customer" in the beginning of the film ("You're my savior," "You don't exist," etc.) is foreshadowing.

When Neo is meeting with the Oracle, the music playing in the background in her apartment is Duke Ellington's "I'm Beginning to See the Light," a reference to Neo's continued awakening.

In the Oracle's waiting room, the television is showing Night of the Lepus (1972).

Names of people and objects have historical significance, all related to dreams and illusions. For example, "Morpheus" (film character) was named for the Greek god of sleep and dreams; and "Nebuchadnezzar" (hovercraft in film) was a biblical king who was visited by troubling dreams.

Neo is an anagram for One.

Anderson means "Son of Man," as Jesus is often called.

Characters:

Neo
Morpheus
Trinity
Switch
Mouse
Apoc
Cypher
Tank
Dozer
Agent Smith
Agent Jones
Agent Brown

Cool Matrix sites:

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/ (official site)
http://www.thematrixonline.com/
http://www.matrixfansite.com/welcome.htm
http://www.matrixfans.net/
http://www.countingdown.com/movies/matrix2/

Darklighter
07-22-2002, 01:18 PM
Hey, cool, a Matrix thread!:D Thanks lexx:D

I love the Matrix...in fact, you could say any line in the film and I could say which line comes after...I know the whole script...

Not that that matters or anything...

Anyway, Matrix, great :D I'll post back with something interesting later...

edit - you forgot the Oricle (terrible spelling) in characters...and the bedy spoon kid lol:D

Tyrion
07-22-2002, 01:18 PM
Do I have bullet time in the models/maps?:D

leXX
07-22-2002, 01:21 PM
There is a great SP map with cool bullet time for your indulgence! (thnx to druid 4 link)

http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=33

Clem
07-22-2002, 01:21 PM
If u like the matrix and have UT

get the matrix mod

from

www.planetunreal.com/modsquad

:) its great fun

AgentSmith
07-22-2002, 01:27 PM
Kick ass post lexx!!!

Those maps rock!!! :D If only we could have MP5's and 9mm Berretta's for the lobby scene! ;) Or hand to hand combat for the subway showdown. :p

leXX
07-22-2002, 01:29 PM
Yeah, that would be sweet :D There are some mods out there that let you use swords - NinjaMod is one of them.

leXX
07-22-2002, 01:38 PM
oh yeah, check this out

http://www.nccinema.ch/esfx11.html

greedo626
07-22-2002, 02:24 PM
whoa, lexx. too much matrix to handle. :p

is your custom title going to be Trinity?

Hanch Saode
07-22-2002, 02:25 PM
Nice, a Matrix thread...Marix roX!

Looking forward to the new movies :)

Some nice quotes you have there...

leXX
07-22-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by greedo626
whoa, lexx. too much matrix to handle. :p

is your custom title going to be Trinity?

hence this thread! I thought it would be better to keep all the matrix stuff in one place ;)

I think my custom title is going to be "Dodge This!" It goes with my avatar. What do you think?

whitedragon
07-22-2002, 02:36 PM
wow thats alot of quotes heres one

"Technology is always better when I kick it."

~Spike Speigal (Cowboy Bebop)

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-22-2002, 02:37 PM
Matrix maps would be the #### on Counter Strike

Clem
07-22-2002, 02:38 PM
the matrix cant have a sequel

it finished the story it doesnt need/want a sequel

Agen
07-22-2002, 02:39 PM
I love the matrix, i was co-leader of the matrix clan in jk1 hence the name Agen if you're wondering. agent sounded weird :confused:

leXX
07-22-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Hanch Saode
Nice, a Matrix thread...Marix roX!

Looking forward to the new movies :)

Some nice quotes you have there...

I got the Matrix Quots and Trivia from http://www.matrixfans.net/

also, http://www.thematrixonline.com/ has a Daily Quote!

;)

leXX
07-22-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Darth Clem

What do you mean doesnt need a sequel, everyone wants to know what Zion looks like and what Neo can do with his new found power! The Matrix Reloaded is one of the most anticipated sequels ever! duh

Clem
07-22-2002, 02:44 PM
hmmm .... the story is finished ....it doesnt need a sequel

thats my opinion .... ill watch the sequels and see if they change my mind but .... i doubt it

Agen
07-22-2002, 02:47 PM
Yeh, i don't think it is proper for it to have a sequel BUT i wanna see neo kick some ass! :D

Divine Spirit
07-22-2002, 02:51 PM
ooooh thanks for the links! :D i think ill download the lobby map and the dojo map :)

I saw this absolutely wicked picture of yoda fighting vader in the dojo room yesterday! ill see if i can find it :)

Hanch Saode
07-22-2002, 03:24 PM
Since the first Matrix movie made me come up woth a whole load of questions, I find a sequal proper...the stiry isn't over....it has just begun :)

whitedragon
07-22-2002, 03:27 PM
heres another quote

"why do i feel like a jackass." ~major payne

Reb Starblazer
07-22-2002, 04:06 PM
I personally can't wait to see Reloaded and Revolutions. They're going to be amazing, the story sounds great, and the way they're promoted and connected is such a unique idea, that I love it.

whitedragon
07-22-2002, 04:18 PM
heres another major payne one

"whats so funny bacon boy. you find a piece of candy in your pocket"

Azrael
07-22-2002, 06:03 PM

I agree completly. What else can you see? Neo is now officially a god of the matrix. He can rip it apart without even lifting his hand. Oh, yeah, that's gonna make a fun story.

The only way I can see the Matrix continue is if they kill off Trinity. Think about it. Up until now, Neo (played by the worst actor ever.) has no motivation whatsoever to fight the matrix. Yeah, he's told it's bad. Wow. Show me a tropical fruit, and i'll show you a c0cksucker from the bahamas. Wait, no. Anyway, there's no way to continue the storyline. It's over. Finished. Leave it to the imagination of the fans. Like George Lucas shoulda done with Star Wars. Episode 1? My god man, are you daft?

Twins of Doom
07-22-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Azrael

I agree completly. What else can you see? Neo is now officially a god of the matrix. He can rip it apart without even lifting his hand. Oh, yeah, that's gonna make a fun story.

The only way I can see the Matrix continue is if they kill off Trinity. Think about it. Up until now, Neo (played by the worst actor ever.) has no motivation whatsoever to fight the matrix. Yeah, he's told it's bad. Wow. Show me a tropical fruit, and i'll show you a c0cksucker from the bahamas. Wait, no. Anyway, there's no way to continue the storyline. It's over. Finished. Leave it to the imagination of the fans. Like George Lucas shoulda done with Star Wars. Episode 1? My god man, are you daft?

well, don't really matter does it?
because they're already working on the matrix reloaded

personally i'll go and watch it, don't know about you....but i'm sure that it'll be great

Agen
07-22-2002, 06:15 PM
Er.. you ok Azrael, i'm damn looking forward to it.

leXX
07-22-2002, 06:21 PM
omg Azrael, if you don't wanna see a sequel, don't watch the one that is ALREADY IN PRODUCTION! I for one am gonna park my butt outside the cinema the day b4 it is released.

I remember after seeing the end of The Matrix, I wanted more. I wanted to see what Neo does and I wanted to see the machines overthrown and I wanted to see Zion and more of the Real World. I am sooooo glad that sequels are being made and I can't wait for them to be released.

more, more, gimme more! :D

greedo626
07-22-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by lexx

hence this thread! I thought it would be better to keep all the matrix stuff in one place ;)

I think my custom title is going to be "Dodge This!" It goes with my avatar. What do you think?

sounds good. you're all most there too.:D

RpTheHotrod
07-22-2002, 06:43 PM
I ehard they are working on The Matrix II, and The Matrix III is also in the works.

Agen
07-22-2002, 06:44 PM
Correct :D

greedo626
07-22-2002, 07:00 PM
haha. I just found this. (I don't know if it's on lexx's list though)

http://www.matrixfanfic.com/whassup/whassup.html

Clem
07-22-2002, 07:02 PM
i heart 2 and 3 are coming out at same time and are really a 3 hour film bisected

teutonicknight
07-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Azrael

If you think that the director and screenwriters should leave it up to the fans imagination, then do you also agree that Lucasfilm should have stopped Star Wars production after A New Hope? no, becasue the story has a lot more to expand on.

The matrix sequels will likely expand on Neo finding a way to destroy the matrix and free his people. Neo is not the "God of the matrix". You can delete a virus, but it will not delete the source. If he destorys the Matrix, then he will kill every one in it. It is obviously not his objective. Reloaded will tell the story of Zion struggling to survive, Neo finding new recuits to take out of the matix, and finding a way to free the peope in the matix. Revolutions will likely tell of Neo and his crew destroying the matix and removing the machines from earth.

Anyway....

Great thread Lexx! Very interesting trivia...

I ehard they are working on The Matrix II, and The Matrix III is also in the works.

Yes, they are working on them at the same time, The Matrix Reloaded will come out in May 2003, and Revolutions will come out the same year (As Anakin would say "Yippie!!!!") in the Fall.

Jah Warrior
07-22-2002, 07:17 PM
If U like the maTRIX, check out -]Hermes-Place[-1.04-SE
The currwent amp of choice is the matrix dojo avaliable at jedioutcastmaps.com its a quality map and believe me its well accurate.

see ya soon

leXX
07-22-2002, 07:54 PM
The Matrix Reloaded is due for release on May 15 2003 closely followed by The Matrix Revolutions 3 months after! I don't think putting them so close together is a good idea, I would have preffered a longer gap to keep up the suspence, what about you?

greedo626
07-22-2002, 07:55 PM
The Matrix Reloaded is due for release on May 15 2003 closely followed by The Matrix Revolutions 3 months after! I don't think putting them so close together is a good idea, I would have preffered a longer gap to keep up the suspence, what about you?

when you're waiting for the matrix, 3 months is way too long:D

Clem
07-22-2002, 08:06 PM
i like the way LOTR is done

1 every year ... not too close (matrix) not too far (star wars, bond)

Reb Starblazer
07-23-2002, 12:14 AM
Yea, when I said earlier that I liked how they were promoted, that is what I was talking about, Revolutions coming out 3 months after Reloaded. The reason why it's only three months is cause Reloaded supposedly ends in a cliffhanger. It just ends. Like when you're watching T.V. and a commercial break happens right after or before something important. Same thing. Except it's a 3 month break instead of 3 minutes. Trust me, it should prove to be a very long 3 months:)

teutonicknight
07-23-2002, 12:44 AM
I like how Matrix 2 + 3 are coming out close together, but I do not think it is a good idea marketing wise.

Movies need a long time (1 year +) between sequels to get popular. Between the movies, people usally make mocks/parodys and people talk about it a lot. I remember when the matrix came out, everyone was talking about. In fact, I couldn't get my friend to shut up about it :) Anyway, the fact is: the longer the gap between sequels, the more popularity it gets so that the next movie will make more money. Thats what I think anyway....

But I still think it's great that we will not have to wait a long time between Reloaded and Revolutions :D

teutonicknight
07-25-2002, 08:18 PM
Oh no!

The Matrix Thread is dying!:(

i like the way LOTR is done

1 every year ... not too close (matrix) not too far (star wars, bond)

Ya, I like how its done too. Can't wait for Two Towers, even though I already know what happens (Read da book) :)

I have all these matix quotes binded in JK2 now... heehee...

I see it now.....

*runs up to a guy at point black range*

"Dodge this"

:cool:

leXX
07-29-2002, 05:12 PM
*bump*

The Matrix Subway Station by multiVitamin is now finished and is looking very nice indeed. It now has Matrix music, sounds and moving train so I highly recommend the d/l even though it's 10.4MB.

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4087

Clem
07-29-2002, 05:16 PM
10 MEG?!?!?!?!

FFS

WTF!!

(and other assorted 3 letter shortenings)

it wasnt that big when i got it

Darklighter
07-29-2002, 06:37 PM
That map looks sooooooo cool...although there doesn't look like there is as much space as the dojo map...I'll dl and see:)

leXX
07-29-2002, 07:42 PM
Confirmed release dates for the sequels are:

Matrix Reloaded: Memorial Day 2003
Matrix Revolutions: November 2003

Can't wait :D

Clem
07-29-2002, 07:44 PM
memorial day is when?!!

theres memorial days all over

in the uk its 11/11 at 11pm .... but i assume (quelle suprise) its an american memorial day

leXX
07-29-2002, 07:46 PM
I think it's in August :confused:. I know that they are 3 months apart!

Clem
07-29-2002, 07:50 PM
the more i live .... the more i hate americans!!

they assume every1 knows what theyre talking about

they assume everywhere is like america!

they think every1 knows what theyre on when they say they live in PA or TX or FU

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

sorry .... had to vent that

leXX
07-29-2002, 07:53 PM
whoa!!! calm down there clem :eek: I'd be careful what you say if I were you! :tsk:

Clem
07-29-2002, 07:57 PM
i must say i havent met an individual american i really hate yet

its just the general american image they project on the world

leXX
07-29-2002, 08:00 PM
ok, u r entitled 2 your opinion but let's keep this thread Matrix only k!

Arkum
07-29-2002, 08:14 PM
We need some MAtrix skins or model, I'd LOVE to be Morpheus or Neo!

Clem
07-29-2002, 08:15 PM
theres a matrix agent

(as neo sees em at end)

Arkum
07-29-2002, 08:18 PM
Yeah, but I want to be Morpheus and Neo too, o well, i hope someone gets around to making it. The Morpheus skin and Neo skin should have their cool sunglasses.

leXX
07-29-2002, 08:30 PM
You need to post your request in "The official request thread" in the models forum! I have already requested Trinity, Neo and Morpheus and got a few people to back it up but nothing seems to be happening so the more people who post a request for Matrix models the better!

http://66.250.145.38/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65658

MaulerZ
07-29-2002, 10:17 PM
THE MATRIX RULES ALL!!!!!!

Neko Lain
07-29-2002, 10:34 PM
i must say i havent met an individual american i really hate yet

its just the general american image they project on the world

I know what you mean.

Most germans are like that too.

razorace
07-30-2002, 04:20 AM
Now a matrix mod for JK2 would be so much cooler than a DBZ mod. You could do some sweet stuff with the slowmo effects of the JK2 engine.

BTW I think the 3-5 month short gap between the two films is the best amount of time. It's short enough to survive thru a cliffhanger but long enough to let the movie sink in. AND hollywood still gets their money. The star wars movies and the LOTR are just taking too long. :P Episode III is going to kick some serious ass.

Pad
07-30-2002, 06:32 AM
its for sure that the matrix is the greatest movie ever.
i saw it a lot, its the only movie i needed to have on dvd.
i cant wait for the matrix reloaded to come out!!!

"what good is a phonecall when your unable to speak?"

Darth Groovy
07-30-2002, 06:44 AM
Ok peep this. At first I was pissed because The Matrix totally stole all of the thunder from The Phantom Menace when it was released, and I personnally hate Keanu Reeves(except for Bill and Ted Movies) so I was very sceptical about this movie. Then for no reason whatsover one of my realatives gave me the tape of The Matrix for Christmas. At first I thought it was just to spite me because I love Star Wars so much, but then I watched it and I have to say I was totally blown away. Since then I have seen it several times, I bought the DVD and I think this movie is a landmark to all Sci-Fi films. This movie is fun, intelligent, sexy and cool all at the same time. I thought Reeves was perfect in this film as Neo, there is not one thing I would ever change about this film. I look forward to sequals and also I love it when people and fans combine elements of The Matrix and Star Wars together to make wonderful Fan Films like "Sparring Program". Lexx I really hope you hear me on this one. I absolutely love the Matrix for many different reasons, but I just wanted express my opinion!

Lunatic Jedi
07-30-2002, 07:04 AM

No, the Matrix chronicles the war between humanity and the machines. The story's over when the war is.

Here's my own little quote...

Morpheus: "We are at war. What if I told you that tomorrow, the war could be over?"

Darth Groovy
07-30-2002, 08:02 AM
honestly I really hope they drag this one out as long as they possibly can......why ruin a good thing? I think the director duo has all kinds of crap up they're sleeve!

leXX
07-30-2002, 08:14 AM
I hear ya Darth Groovy ;)

I simply can't wait till Matrix Reloaded, the antisipation is killing me. I personally believe Reloaded and Revolutions will be the most succesful films of all time making the trilogy the best selling ever, even surpasing SW OT in gross sales figures! I don't think the merchandise will come close to SW though. I have seen a lot of storyboard images of the new characters, effects etc and it is looking very very very good indeed. :D

Another of my favourites quotes, some might remember it used to be in my signature:

"I think we can handle one little girl, I sent two units, they're bringing her down now."

"No lieutenant, you're men are already dead."

Darklighter
07-30-2002, 08:28 AM
You're definitely right Lexx:) The Matrix generated so much publicity and media attention - it really was a modern film phenomonon, there hadn't ever been such and intricate use of story plotting and visual effects (Bullet time! Yeah!!!:D )

There has been so much hype building up ever since the rumour of a sequel was anounced. It really will be the biggest grossing film...ever.

There, that was quite dramatic wasn't it?:D

Clem
07-30-2002, 10:29 AM
and there wasnt hype for TPM??

lol sure the matrix is a great film .... but if the sequel is flawed in any little way thats it ... all over

much as happened with TPM ... only the real star wars fans are left watching them now

and i still think the matrix should be a standalone film ... whatever happened to leaving the rest to ur imagination

neway i dunno y im arguing im sure ill like the new films

Darklighter
07-30-2002, 10:39 AM
You are right Clem, but The Matrix really was amazing. TPM had to live up to the reputation of the original trilogy: the most amazing films ever created, and absolute classics in their own right.

The Matrix is very different. It is a modern film for modern Sci-fi and action film fans. There is not a specific group of Matrix fans, the film is for action fim fans. They can't do anything wrong with it really. The film is just too cool:D

Pad
07-30-2002, 12:22 PM
the cool thing about the matrix is the hole idea. u know, what if it was true, that were nothing but a duracel battery?
also the kind of filming is new ( slowmo, changing angle,explosions,...) and that makes it so great.
by far the best movie and i can twait to see the sequels!!!

lets play a game:

state a quote and u tell where the quote in the movie was like:

=> "find them and destroy them" (easy1)

Clem
07-30-2002, 12:25 PM
it wont be as popular as the original

cos it cant be as groundbreaking

and all the mystery is lost

that was 1 of my fave things about the film ... trying to get my head round it

all thats gone now

fave scene: Subway fight where he straightens his fingers :)

or the whole lobby scene is pretty good 2

Pad
07-30-2002, 12:32 PM
yea, that were great scenes

C'jais
07-30-2002, 01:16 PM
Ahem.... If I may....

I just got back from england where I saw the trailer for those two new movies - Awesome!

Loadsa bullet-time baby! Yay!

I can't remember exactly (flame me if you must), but I think morpheus was wielding some sort of katana in the trailer - I may have been mistaken though.

Darth Groovy
07-30-2002, 05:12 PM
I have to agree that it will take a mirracle from God to make this movie as much of a surprise as the first one for three reasons:

1. The big revelation to Neo about babies as batteries has been revealed and will not surprise us anymore.

2. The bullet time special effect has been gummed to death in every action movie that has come out since the original Matrix Film so they will have to come up with something entirely different if they want to blow us away this time.

3. Too much of a good thing can be harmfull. Sometimes sequals can almost kill the original idea that most movies lay, I agree it should be a stand alone, however I will be in the theater when it comes out because I love movies with lots of Martial arts in them!

leXX
07-30-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by cjais
Ahem.... If I may....

I just got back from england where I saw the trailer for those two new movies - Awesome!

I can't remember exactly (flame me if you must), but I think morpheus was wielding some sort of katana in the trailer - I may have been mistaken though.

Yes, Neo wields a Katana and that is one thing I am very much looking forward to seeing. ;)

C'jais
07-30-2002, 08:48 PM

Yes, Neo wields a Katana and that is one thing I am very much looking forward to seeing. ;)

Dangit! Ok ok ok... NEO wields the friggin' katana :))

Anyhoo - I'm looking forward to the new movies as much as lexx 'n zee others!
The surprise factor may have been lost by now, but they'll never take away that eternal style which is: bullet-time and shades!

Other movies may have shamelessly copied the bullet-time trademark (although Woo *was* the first I reckon), but when the new Matrices (heh) come out they'll mop the floor and kick away all contenders in style! Amen!

teutonicknight
07-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Dangit! Ok ok ok... NEO wields the friggin' katana :)

Hey! Morpheus does too!!!

C'jais
07-30-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by teutonicknight

Hey! Morpheus does too!!!

YES BABY! I KNEW IT!!!

You're my savior man... My own personal f-ckin' Jesus christ....
Or sumthin' like that....

Kamikaze_Elite
07-30-2002, 10:53 PM
Yeah, that would be sweet :D There are some mods out there that let you use swords - NinjaMod is one of them.

Yes! I made that. *Wipes tear from eye* hehe

Anyway, the Matrix is one of my favorite movies. Like so many others, I have every line and scene memorized.

Max Payne is a good game to get if you like that bullet-time type combat. Not to mention, there are tons of mods for it. Including a kickass Matrix mod.

Thanks for this thread and those awsome quotes and trivia lexx!

Darklighter
07-30-2002, 11:02 PM
I hjave the whole thing basically memorised too:D Thats why I was on a roll in the Matrix trivia thread too:)

And thanks lexx. You''ve realy brought out the Matrix fan within us. Thank you for all your support and participation in it:D

teutonicknight
07-30-2002, 11:29 PM

YES BABY! I KNEW IT!!!

You're my savior man... My own personal f-ckin' Jesus christ....
Or sumthin' like that....

Right.......

Arkum
07-30-2002, 11:41 PM
THE MATRIX RELOADED AND REVOLUTIONS will be awesome!!!!!!!!

I also think it will gain lots of money in the boxoffice.:D

Absurd
07-31-2002, 12:04 AM
The movie had a great story, too bad the special effects and overly done action sequences killed it.

Here's to the new Hollywood, see more and think less.

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-31-2002, 05:06 AM
#### those maps are F-in tight yo

leXX
07-31-2002, 09:38 AM
Ahem.... If I may....

Sorry, I should have said both Neo and Morpheus weild a Katana.
This one is for you Jais:

http://www.matrixfansite.com/pics/2making2/808-2-m0027.jpg

Clem
07-31-2002, 09:40 AM
hmmmm would be better if they had sabres :)

leXX
07-31-2002, 09:44 AM
As much as I like Star Wars, I draw the line at the characters weilding sabers! :rolleyes: That would just be plain silly, although I cant wait for my Trinity model to come out so I can be Trinity weilding one. A bit contradictory I know. :D

C'jais
07-31-2002, 09:46 AM
Now that is some wicked shiat you've got there lexx!
Truly great stuff!

Dammit Lexx, I'm beginning to worry about your matrix-addiction...
I sure hope you're not trying to practice wallruns and gunfights with your hubby in that home of yours.... ;)

But it seems we were both right about the trailer - I can't remember the exact details of it though, I sorta just sat there in the cinema and gazed at all the bullet time and sunglasses.... 'sall good...

Clem
07-31-2002, 09:49 AM
i need a new skin .... ne suggestions?!

the problem is i love my stormie soooo much :)
:trooper: Hey, You there!

leXX
07-31-2002, 09:50 AM
I'm not addicted, I'm just a huge fan. The Matrix is my all time favourite film is all. ;)

leXX
07-31-2002, 09:53 AM
i need a new skin .... ne suggestions?!

the problem is i love my stormie soooo much :)
:trooper: Hey, You there!

hmmm, just muck about with them for a while. I never used Jan until 2 days ago and I discovered the blue Jan is quite cool, looks like she is wearing jeans and swede! :D

*cough* Matrix only *cough* :p

C'jais
07-31-2002, 09:54 AM
Jeeeesus, It's actually you Clem! Now I've met you both ingame and.. er... in-forum...

Well, I can only recommend the kyle skin!
It's soooo much fun freaking people out with it, because they'll NEVER know if it's actually a custom skin they DON'T have, or you're just picking the kyle skin because his beard caught your fancy!

Am I using a custom skin now, or am I just using Kyle? I'm sure you're just dying to find out, aren't you, you little git??

Clem
07-31-2002, 09:57 AM
ahhh yes ... i remember ur kyle skin ... majestically jumping .... right onto my light lunge :D ;) .... first kill of the day

cheers :D

Darth-Nasty
07-31-2002, 04:01 PM
ok matrix people can you answer my questions.

1. Why do the humans who go into the matrix go round shooting other humans and killing hoards of people. Doesnt it kill humans in the real world, and they are sposed to be fighting for them?

2.Why on earth do they keep going back into the matrix? its so dangerous in there!
They could just sit on their hovercraft with the lights off and noone would see them.
Why do they go to the matrix? what do they do?

and Clem, where is that unreal tournament matrix mod you were talking about? i cant find it!

Clem
07-31-2002, 04:24 PM
i uploaded a copy to my space

www.pclemow.fsnet.co.uk/LM279Beta.zip

this is an old file ... i imagine another release has come out ... u can hunt for it if u like ... this 1 works fine however

teutonicknight
07-31-2002, 04:26 PM
1: Um... they don't want to die themselves... and they want to save Morpheus..

2. They go into the matrix to
A. Save morpheus
B. Get the One, Neo
C. Get more people out of the matrix

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-31-2002, 05:23 PM
I'm not addicted, I'm just a huge fan. The Matrix is my all time favourite film is all. ;)

What is the Matrix?

Throno-Denkai
07-31-2002, 07:04 PM
The best trivia question about Matrix is: "What is the Matrix?". But its a question that even the creator of the matrix dont know! Thats the only thing makes me sick about matrix, its pretty cool without this question!

Arkum
07-31-2002, 09:00 PM
The Matrix is a dream folded over your mind and eyes and body to simulate reality. But the "reality" we live in now is the Matrix. We feel it, smell it, see it, and hear it. We are actually born in the farms. We are slaves. The Matrix is there to cover up that reality with it's own "reality".

This is the Matrix.

It's really hard to explain. If you have no idea what I just said, do yourself a favor and just don't ask.

Throno-Denkai
07-31-2002, 09:07 PM
Which is a chunk of crap. In this life, this world might not be real but that human battery crap is not real also.

Absurd
07-31-2002, 09:24 PM
I believe this movie is better:

http://www.all-reviews.com/videos/dark-city.htm

leXX
07-31-2002, 10:03 PM
Firstly, to answer why they keep killing humans. It is because the Agents take over a humans body so it is unavoidable!

Secondly, to answer why keep going back into the Matrix. They go back in to get others out into the real world.

Thirdly, to answer what is the Matrix. Morpheus already answered that question in the film. "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

Throno-Denkai
07-31-2002, 10:15 PM
First, I know

Second, I know

Third, I dont give a damn, it didn't make any sense! He also said that no one can actually explain it.

leXX
07-31-2002, 10:24 PM
Your not that stupid surely! are you? really? OMG :lol:

Let me explain.

The machines become too intelligent because the AI becomes too advanced. A war begins between the humans and the machines. Nuclear weapons block out the sun, energy becomes scarce. The machines win the war! Now they need energy to survive and they find the human body is the best source of energy. To keep the human body alive, the brain needs stimulation so the machines invent the Matrix. The Matrix keeps the humans alive by tapping into their brain an imaginary world which the humans believe is real. The first few attempts went wrong because the machines created a perfect world which the humans didn't accept. Finally they found the perfect balance, the world you live in now! Only by being untapped from the Matrix can you see the real world.

Arkum
07-31-2002, 11:45 PM
That's what I've been trying to say what the Matrix was, I just couldn't explain it like you did.:p

I got a question, isn't there a new Matrix lobby map in progress?

MaulerZ
07-31-2002, 11:51 PM
I think so but i not sure.....

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
08-01-2002, 03:13 AM
Firstly, to answer why they keep killing humans. It is because the Agents take over a humans body so it is unavoidable!

Secondly, to answer why keep going back into the Matrix. They go back in to get others out into the real world.

Thirdly, to answer what is the Matrix. Morpheus already answered that question in the film. "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

That pretty much sums it up

Third is the best part of the equasion. #3 makes you question the fact that we really don't know what's going on. I think that's what made the movie so big. Sure the killer cgi, the bullet time, the cast, and Neo's "whoa" are all cool, but it's the concept that send chills up our spines, if that's what chill's feel like. Get it?

The Matrix is a brilliant concept. Let's hope they stay true to form and not make lame sequels or bizarre prequels. :D

C'jais
08-01-2002, 06:49 AM
Don't worry chief, the sequels are gonna rock our world!

But the idea of using humans as batteries is quite shallow, even if the sun was blocked out - but that doesn't make it a bad movie.

And lexx, I believe Neo and his gang also killed "real people" in the matrix, simply because they were in their way and would kill *them* if they didn't defend themselves. That's quite paradoxal, seeing as they want to free them - but they also can't just walk right up to a man with an M4 and ask him to free his mind.

Have any of you seen the 13th floor? It's pretty much the same concept as The Matrix - but with a twist. And I believe the 13th floor was made before the matrix, but I could be wrong. See it if you like the concept of the matrix - although there's absolutely no gunfighting, shades or bullet-time in it.

leXX
08-01-2002, 10:29 AM
Ok, it's not like they are just killing innocent people. The people they kill also have guns and are shooting at them. When Trinity killed the police at the beginning, it was self defence, she's hardly gonna let herself get captured is she. When Neo and Trinity mash up the lobby, they are trying to free Morpheus. Who are they going to put first, some security guys shooting at them or Morpheus! The needs of the many outwiegh the needs fo the few. They are trying to save the world after all. A few people dying that get in there way is innevitable.

Darth-Nasty
08-01-2002, 10:37 AM
Yeah but if they can move fast and dodge bullets and stuff they shouldnt need to kill that many humans

the way that they didnt care that they killed so many people made it all seem a bit odd

Clem
08-01-2002, 10:38 AM
and we let them off cos the lobby scene did look particularly cool

leXX
08-01-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Darth-Nasty
Yeah but if they can move fast and dodge bullets and stuff they shouldnt need to kill that many humans

the way that they didnt care that they killed so many people made it all seem a bit odd

They couldn't dodge bullets, only Neo can do that at the end!

Darth-Nasty
08-01-2002, 10:46 AM
ok what about when trinity grabs the shotgun of that guard?

he is unarmed no longer a threat and she still kills him?:confused:

leXX
08-01-2002, 10:50 AM
Now you're just being stupidly picky! :rolleyes:

It's either him or her, she has to defend herself! He was going to kill her so what do you expect.

Darth-Nasty
08-01-2002, 01:31 PM
i uploaded a copy to my space

www.pclemow.fsnet.co.uk/LM279Beta.zip

this is an old file ... i imagine another release has come out ... u can hunt for it if u like ... this 1 works fine however

thnx clem i downloaded the file but i dont have a clue what to do next?

i can do anything with jk2 and halflife but i havent got a clue about unreal tournament

how can i get this mod running? where do i put the files?

leXX
08-01-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Throno-Denkai
First, I know

Second, I know

Third, I dont give a damn, it didn't make any sense! He also said that no one can actually explain it.

also...he said "noone can tell you what the Matrix is, you have to see it for yourself", which Neo does and Morpheus explains it to him while they are in the program.

Clem
08-01-2002, 01:41 PM
errrrrm ill sort u a set of instructions .... it can be interesting getting em to work

also about this killing ITS A FILM!!

Clem
08-01-2002, 01:50 PM
to install ..........

run a search on "*.u" and "*.int" ...... put the respective files in the same place as their friends :)

then ingame ... select it as a mutator (if u dont know how to do that ...... ..... errr i dunno ... ive havent played ut in sooo long)

Darth-Nasty
08-01-2002, 02:04 PM
thx got it working:)

Clem
08-01-2002, 02:07 PM
now the best gun effects are in the bulleted guns (u cant hit nething with the sniper at ne range but it looks cool) and make sure u play with the minigun at the speed changes

leXX
08-01-2002, 02:09 PM
ahhh yes ... i remember ur kyle skin ... majestically jumping .... right onto my light lunge :D ;) .... first kill of the day

cheers :D

Funny how that post makes it look like you are better than him doesn't it! :p

Clem
08-01-2002, 02:13 PM
spelt sarcasm dear

g_middlefinger 1 :)

Dath Maximus
08-01-2002, 02:15 PM
hey lexx and all you other Matrix enthusiests, i seen to remeber someone saying that they wished JO had guns from the matrix well i dont know if you guys resolved it but i have found some guns like shotguns and chainguns.

heres the link

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4051
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4151
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4050
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4054
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4052
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4155
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4053
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4152

hope this works for ya

Throno-Denkai
08-01-2002, 02:27 PM
Ok good, so humans are batteries for the machines, ok we know. What I dont know is that who or how did Morpheus and the others awakened? An one more thing, how come there is a choosen one? Does robots planed it like: "Yo guys, lets give special powers to a human so he can kick our asses on the future, and there would be a little action on our stupid not makin any sense lives!", Well, i dont think it happened like this, so does any one has an answer for this?

leXX
08-01-2002, 02:34 PM
Morpheus explains all of it in the film if you listen carefully.

When the Matrix was first plugged in, one guy could see the code and awoke himself from it. He is the one that freed the others!

The oracle predicted there would be a chosen one! Why is there a chosen one? Silly question really...why not? It's just the way it is. There are always bugs in any system...Neo is a bug in the sytem!

teutonicknight
08-01-2002, 03:32 PM
yeah, the matrix is like a computer. You can hack it and alter it...

thats why neo can change things and stop bullets....

greedo626
08-01-2002, 03:40 PM
not really. neo can change the matrix because he's the chosen one. the others could only bend the rules of the matrix but neo could break them.

leXX
08-01-2002, 04:06 PM
Greedo, you might like this...it's a picture of Neo at the very end of the Revolutions trailer!

http://www.planetdexterslab.com/sig3.jpg

MaulerZ
08-01-2002, 04:10 PM
Greedo would definately look kool in that :cool:

Clem
08-01-2002, 04:10 PM
hmmmm he looks a little peaky ... u sure hes feeling ok?

leXX
08-01-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Dath Maximus
hey lexx and all you other Matrix enthusiests, i seen to remeber someone saying that they wished JO had guns from the matrix well i dont know if you guys resolved it but i have found some guns like shotguns and chainguns.

heres the link

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4051
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4151
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4050
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4054
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4052
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4155
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4053
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4152

hope this works for ya

hey, I just noticed this! I missed it cause of the new page. Thanks for that Dath Maximus. :D

Dath Maximus
08-01-2002, 04:56 PM
no prob, hope you guys like

MaulerZ
08-01-2002, 05:46 PM
I just thought this was funny.....The Matrix (http://www.detonate.net/matrix/)

Throno-Denkai
08-01-2002, 06:54 PM
Well, that means he is a bug, not a choosen one. At the future movies, he might even become a virus at the Matrix. Maybe like in matrix 3 or 4. Well, i would probably be in my mid 30s when 4 comes out!!!

greedo626
08-01-2002, 07:15 PM
ok. I'm going with the new avatar and see how it goes. thanks lexx.

leXX
08-01-2002, 09:20 PM
hey greedo...looks wicked! your welcome ;)

Darth Talliusc
08-01-2002, 10:57 PM
i tried to find info on the net about the new movies. i ended up finding in excess of 50 different plotlines (no joke) so now ive resigned myself to going to the movie confused as a cracker in wine barrel.

sorry old family saying.

access_flux
08-02-2002, 12:41 AM
there was an article in the paper a couple of days ago about guys at a university in america who actually believe the whole matrix theory about all of this being a computer simulation, and that we should just live our lives normally. i'll try and find the artivle and put it up.

Arkum
08-02-2002, 12:46 AM
cool

Arkum
08-02-2002, 12:49 AM
I heard that the woman who plays the Oracel died of diabetes, does anyone know how they're going to have the oracle in
The Matrix Revolutions?

(The directors already said that she's going to be in it no matter what)

Dissectional
08-02-2002, 12:50 AM
What a bunch of wingnuts. Oh btw i'm back :D and I missed all my forum buddies!

Sorry about meh absence, i had a bunch of crap to do in Canadia.

teutonicknight
08-02-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Throno-Denkai
Well, that means he is a bug, not a choosen one. At the future movies, he might even become a virus at the Matrix. Maybe like in matrix 3 or 4. Well, i would probably be in my mid 30s when 4 comes out!!!

You bo mean 2 and 3 right? Its going to be a trilogy, not a .... four part thing.... :confused:

teutonicknight
08-02-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Arkum
I heard that the woman who plays the Oracel died of diabetes, does anyone know how they're going to have the oracle in
The Matrix Revolutions?

(The directors already said that she's going to be in it no matter what)

Actually, they didn't.

The oracle did die(and she was going to play a major role in Matrix 3), and the directors said they they would change the scripe slightly so that it would make sense.

My guess, the oracle gets killed by agents in Matrix 2, and talks to Neo from the matrix code in Matrix 3, like her spirt is still in the code....

leXX
08-02-2002, 11:10 AM
*bump*

If you think I'm gonna let this thread die, your having a laugh! :D

k, if you havn't got The Matrix Revisited DVD, this is what you are missing out on:

Special Features

Juke Box
Chase In The Alley - scene study with behind-the-scenes footage
The Woman In Red - behind-the-scenes footage on this character
Agent Down - behind-the-scenes footage of Hugo Weaving's injury
Theatrical Trailer
DVD is web-enabled

Review

The Matrix Revisited is a feature-length look at the creation and development of the special effects, the training routines, the origin of The Matrix, and interviews shot during production of the landmark sci-fi movie.

Other features include:

What Is To Come? Montage of behind-the-scenes footage from The Matrix 2.

What Is Animatrix? Anime preview with sketches, storyboard, behind-the-scene interviews and footage with the animators.

Whatisthematrix.com? Overview of the MATRIX web site.

The True Followers. Interviews with hardcore fans.

The Dance of the Master. The fight choreography of Yuen Wo-Ping.

The Bathroom Fight and Wet Wall. Scene study with behind-the-scenes footage.

But Wait...There's More. Music montage with never-before-seen footage from the production of The Matrix.

Darklighter
08-02-2002, 11:16 AM
Problem is I already bought the Matrix on DVD ages ago...I wanted to avoid buying it again just for special features:( But thanks for giving us the info lexx, it looks good...

...and good afternoon to ya:D

leXX
08-02-2002, 12:21 PM
well, good afternoon to you too Darky! :D

teutonicknight
08-02-2002, 12:23 PM
Yeah?, well good morning!

leXX
08-02-2002, 12:42 PM
Couple more sites for you to check out!

http://www.jabcreations.com/gallery/

http://www.homepagez.com/grantsmatrix/

Clem
08-02-2002, 01:19 PM
howcome my threads neva last this long

teutonicknight
08-02-2002, 01:28 PM
1. No one likes you :D

2.Not about the matrix

leXX
08-02-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by MaulerZ13
I just thought this was funny.....The Matrix (http://www.detonate.net/matrix/)

lol nice one! :lol:

druid
08-02-2002, 09:22 PM
Support:

I think The Matrix is a good movie.......bada bing :D

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
08-02-2002, 10:25 PM
http://www.detonate.net/matrix/pics/4/2.jpg
11010101010101010101001010111111111111111010101000 10110100111010011000100101101010110101011010101100 11101010110110100111001101010101010101101101101011 01010101069011011010111010111010101010101010101010 00010110011101101100010110010101011001011000110100 10101001010101010010101001000001101010101010101010 10010101111111111111110101010001011010011101001100 01001011010101101010110101011001110101011011010011 10011010110101101010110101110101110101010101010101 01010000101100111011011000110101000100101101010111 01100000111010100101100101010110010110001101001010 10010101010100101010011101010101010101010100101011 11111111111110101010001011010011101001100010010110 10101101010110101011001110101011011010011100110101 10101101010101069011011010111010111010101010101010 10101000010110011101101100010110010101011001011000 11010010101001010101010010101001

To be continued....

C'jais
08-02-2002, 11:23 PM
ROFLMAO!!!

Nice one Chief!!!

I just love that look on his face that Neo always has..... So freaking hilarious!

teutonicknight
08-04-2002, 11:03 PM
Lexx!!! You traitor!!! You let this thread get to the second page!!! Traitor! Traitor!Traitor! !!

*Gets carried away kicking and sreaming by Lexx's Heros*

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
08-05-2002, 03:44 AM
Lexx!!! You traitor!!! You let this thread get to the second page!!! Traitor! Traitor!Traitor! !!

*Gets carried away kicking and sreaming by Lexx's Heros*

Traitor?! How so?

You have to be nice to Lexx if you ever expect to be her HERO. I was before the list ever started. She is well defended. :cool:

leXX
08-05-2002, 10:06 AM
Well said Chi3f :thumbsup:

*bumpidy bump bump, this thread can't die!*

Ok, check out these Matrix goofs:

http://us.imdb.com/Goofs?0133093

and also check out this great site:

http://www.sciflicks.com/

...and if you want to keep this thread going, just keep adding to it! :D

leXX
08-05-2002, 11:01 AM
Here are a couple of the secrets for the official site - www.whatisthematrix.com

neo bullet time
steak

Darth Groovy
08-06-2002, 04:28 PM
Hey Lexx I forgot to tell you that I got the most sweetest screen saver. It's the Matrix Emulator just like the one they are looking at in the movie with all the little characters scrolling down....it is the best screensaver I have ever had!

leXX
08-06-2002, 05:09 PM
Yep, it's definately one of the best screensavers to have. :D

Here are some links to some other cool screensavers definately worth having:

More Matrix screensavers (click on screensaver link):
http://www.matrixfansite.com/welcome.htm

System 47 (Lcars screensaver):
http://www.mewho.com/system47/

Invader saver (playable space invaders screensaver):
http://home.freeuk.com/seamill/invader/invader.htm

Enjoy! :D

Darth Groovy
08-06-2002, 05:14 PM
Here is where I got Mine:http://matrixnow.fanspace.com/downloads.html

I think mine is either the second or third one. I had to use the one that didn't need a graphics card, cuz I don't have one:(

leXX
08-08-2002, 05:58 AM
There is a Trinity model in progress over at the modelling Forum, please pop by and lend your support to Oreo!

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73821

Thnx 2 Darth Nasty for the tip. ;)

Darklighter
08-08-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by -=Chi3f=-

Traitor?! How so?

You have to be nice to Lexx if you ever expect to be her HERO. I was before the list ever started. She is well defended. :cool:

lol, very true:DTo gain respect from Lexx you have to respect her...simple.

And that trinity model looks great....though I can't seem to get to the pages anymore:(

pik-ard
08-24-2002, 11:28 PM
wow, this thing got to the 9th page:(

well i have 2 things to contribute to this thread...

1.) another forshadowing event that i dont think has been mentioned: when neo is with his boss, his boss says something allong the lines of "you believe the rules dont apply to you?" and later on, they dont!

2.) this sig i made, i got bored, and i had just dl'ed the matrix font, so i made this, took all of 30 seconds... but why not... and when i finished it, it made me think of lexx, gee, wonder why :D

http://members.lycos.co.uk/pikardv2/hpbimg/matrix1.jpg

if anybody wants to use that on any other boards they are on, feel free to... and if anybody wants me to make a sig for them, i will:D

Darth Knight
08-24-2002, 11:34 PM
cool, i am going to put aht on my site is that ok? do you care

pik-ard
08-24-2002, 11:41 PM
would be honored:D but i am going to redo it, make the backround colors scheme different, and better, so check back for more:D

pik-ard
08-24-2002, 11:52 PM
and here de ah:D

http://members.lycos.co.uk/pikardv2/hpbimg/matrix2.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/pikardv2/hpbimg/matrix2.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/pikardv2/hpbimg/matrix3.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/pikardv2/hpbimg/matrix3.jpg

and again, anybody can do anything with them, except for edit them that is... i dont want anybody elses name (or anything) on there unless i put it there or i say they can...

teutonicknight
08-25-2002, 12:14 AM
hm... this thread is really old.......

bump!

Ratmjedi
08-25-2002, 03:10 AM
I love The Matrix and the think that the new movies that are coming out are going to be the best. Well after Star Wars:p

My friend told me that Trinity is going to be a Agent but I hope that he is wrong!
:lsduel: :duel:

Sivy
08-25-2002, 12:57 PM
the matrix kicks butt! :cool:

i can't wait to see reloaded, i think it will be better than the first. definitely something to look forward to will we wait for EP III

Pad
08-25-2002, 01:02 PM
yea, the matrix is awesome. cant wait till reloaded and revolutions come out.

i made a small intromovie for a matrix site, if any1 wants it let me know. (yea, i got to much time on my hands :D)matrix intro (http://www.studiant.be/scouts_hemiksem/matrix.html)

Darth Knight
08-25-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Padanime
yea, the matrix is awesome. cant wait till reloaded and revolutions come out.

i made a small intromovie for a matrix site, if any1 wants it let me know. (yea, i got to much time on my hands :D)matrix intro (http://www.studiant.be/scouts_hemiksem/matrix.html)

that is cool, what did you make it wiht?

Pad
08-25-2002, 01:05 PM
i used swish, a flash like program but much easier to use.
swish site (http://www.swishzone.com)

leXX
08-25-2002, 08:17 PM
i used swish, a flash like program but much easier to use.
swish site (http://www.swishzone.com)

That's what I used to make my trace program running thing on my matrix site. (http://www.geocities.com/jenelykhan) Swish is great, I've used it for load of things. ;)

Darth Knight
08-25-2002, 09:13 PM
ok once you make a swish thingy, how do you put it on your site

leXX
08-26-2002, 07:40 PM
Well it depends what program you are using. I use Frontpage 2002.

To insert a swish using this program:

[Insert]
[Web Component]
[Advanced Controls]
[Plug-Ins]

;)

pik-ard
08-26-2002, 09:47 PM
ah, lexx, Queen of the matrix(on this board atleast), no comment on my sigs? not even a bad comment? :(

leXX
08-26-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by pik-ard
ah, lexx, Queen of the matrix(on this board atleast), no comment on my sigs? not even a bad comment? :(

omg, can't believe I didn't comment on those, thought I did! Sorry! (I'm loosing it :D )

They are really GREAT, well done! :thumbsup: I will try to use one on my site somewhere, somehow! ;) I'll get around to finishing it someday :(

pik-ard
08-26-2002, 11:56 PM
i dl'ed one of the wallpapers from your site, so expect to see a few sigs and other random things with that..... and........ er........ bump :D

Ratmjedi
08-27-2002, 12:46 AM
Hey Lexx.
I absolutly love you're Matrix Site and I like the wallpaper. It's so awesome. Keep up the good work!:D
:duel: :lsduel:

leXX
08-27-2002, 03:29 PM
gee thnx :D

of course, that isn't the final version, just a beta test area for the final site which will be a proper .com, but that's way in the future! ;)

Remember, there is no spoon! :cool:

Pad
08-27-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Darth Knight
ok once you make a swish thingy, how do you put it on your site

choose swish export as ... swf file
when u use html like dreamweaver, push insert flash and select ur file.
thats all

need help, ask me

Ratmjedi
08-27-2002, 03:51 PM
I love the wallpaper where neo sees all the codes and stuff and he see's the agent's. It's so awesome. :D

pik-ard
08-27-2002, 07:24 PM
can someone please tell me if this is the exact quote that neo says at the end of the movie, i got this from the 1997 script on matrix.com

Hi. It's me. I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I imagine you can also feel me. I know you're real proud of this world you've built, the way it works, all the nice little rules and such, but I've got some bad news. I've decided to make a few changes.

and lexx, is your heros page perminatly down?

Darklighter
08-27-2002, 07:30 PM
Hi. It's me. I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I imagine you can also feel me. I know you're real proud of this world you've built, the way it works, all the nice little rules and such, but I've got some bad news. I've decided to make a few changes.

Sorry man, but that is completely wrong...

leXX
08-27-2002, 07:34 PM
This is the proper quote:

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules or controls, borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you. ;)

and yes...the heroes are no more!

pik-ard
08-27-2002, 07:44 PM
i guess alot of things change between 1997 and 1999:p

@lexx, why is the heros page down? and since its down, why is the link to it still on your page?

leXX
08-27-2002, 07:48 PM
i guess alot of things change between 1997 and 1999:p

@lexx, why is the heros page down? and since its down, why is the link to it still on your page?

long story, don't really want to go into detail, sorry! and yeah, havn't got round to removing that yet. gonna do it now. :p

thehomicidalegg
08-28-2002, 06:03 AM
movies often dont follow the scripts, as they edit and change stuffs during production. If you read it, you'll notice that the movie also deleted (combined?) several characters in the original script

leXX
08-28-2002, 10:25 PM
teutonicknight>

your avatar rocks! but the Neo pic doesn't really do him any justice. How about one of these?

http://www.matrixfans.net/thematrix/pics/neo15c.jpg

http://www.matrixfans.net/thematrix/pics/neo19c.jpg

http://www.forenplanet.de/avatars/matrix/Sphaerentor_Matrix_19.gif

Sivy
08-28-2002, 10:28 PM
that top one i had as an animated gif of him opening his jacket to reveal all his guns but i can't remember what site i got it from.
do you know leXX?

leXX
08-28-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by SivyB
that top one i had as an animated gif of him opening his jacket to reveal all his guns but i can't remember what site i got it from.
do you know leXX?

No I don't I'm afraid! That av was wicked. If you remember, let me know ok!? :D

Sivy
08-28-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by leXX

No I don't I'm afraid! That av was wicked. If you remember, let me know ok!? :D

that's alright.
some people said the original av was too dark and couldn't see it, so i tried editing it and screwed it up!
i thought 'that's ok i'll just download it again' but for the life of me i can't remember what site it was on, i have been looking for ages. i'll find it sooner or later.

leXX
08-28-2002, 11:10 PM
Ok guys, I've added 26 Matrix Avatars to my site! Check em out. (http://www.geocities.com/jenelykhan/pictures.htm)

Join the Matrix Revolution :D

Darklighter
08-28-2002, 11:14 PM
Will do, thanks leXX:D

<-----btw, can you see my current avatar?

leXX
08-28-2002, 11:23 PM
If it's a guy with brown hair and jacket, yeah! lol

Ok................................................ ..........

Neo model WIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.filesnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7610

:rddance:

Reb Starblazer
08-28-2002, 11:25 PM
Hey LeXX. Count me in as part of the Revolution. I've got my own MatriX avatar, I just wish I had a custom title to go with it.

The Matrix Revolution, now where have I heard something like that before...:D

In answer to below, my custom Title would of course be "Agent Brown":D

leXX
08-28-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Reb Starblazer
Hey LeXX. Count me in as part of the invasion. I've got my own MatriX avatar, I just wish I had a custom title to go with it...

Nice Av!!! :D

Welcome to the Revolution ;)

If you had a custom title, what would it be?

pik-ard
08-29-2002, 12:46 AM
i would use one of those agent smith avatars, but i would rather make my own avatar, and i think old ben kenobi is the greatest:D maybe someday ill make one with smith on it;)

pik-ard
08-29-2002, 12:46 AM
i would use one of those agent smith avatars, but i would rather make my own avatar, and i think old ben kenobi is the greatest:D maybe someday ill make one with smith on it;)

Pad
08-29-2002, 05:48 AM
maybe im going for a new genre av makin, like the matrix :D
ive got some great ideas in my head :cool:

pik-ard
08-29-2002, 07:51 PM
@Padanime- did you make your own avatar(er, im sure ya did), and what did you use to make it?

teutonicknight
08-29-2002, 09:18 PM
Ah.. thanks for the pics LeXX!!!:D

Ratmjedi
08-29-2002, 11:01 PM
I would change my Avatar but I like mine. Untill -=Chi3f=- makes mine I am not going to change mine because Mine no one has. I like originallity. I will change my title whenever I make it to over a 1,000 post's. Maybe it will be something about the Matrix? I don't know yet. It's going to be sometime until I get there, but there is no rush.

Ratmjedi
08-29-2002, 11:04 PM
Oh yah!
One more thing. What is it to join the revolution? What do you have to do or say or believe? :confused:

pik-ard
08-29-2002, 11:08 PM
you have to use an avatar from that page, i think...:D

whitedragon
08-29-2002, 11:39 PM
wow 6 pages and i just now saw this. man am i out of it

teutonicknight
08-30-2002, 12:00 AM
Hm... you just saw this? :confused:

teutonicknight
08-30-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi
Oh yah!
One more thing. What is it to join the revolution? What do you have to do or say or believe? :confused:

Na.. just have a Matrix Avatar .... AND MAKE IT COOL LOOKING!!! Or else! ;) :D

Ratmjedi
09-01-2002, 12:41 PM
Can't I join from the sidelines?:(
I like my avatar. I want to join the revolution but not change my avatar. Can you guys make an acception?:)

leXX
09-01-2002, 12:45 PM
Yes, of course! The Matrix Revolution is just me trying to get everyone to use Matrix Avatars but of course you don't have to have one! :D

Clem
09-01-2002, 12:49 PM
lexx in ur sig .... u should have Webqueen instead of webmaster

suits u

Ratmjedi
09-01-2002, 12:53 PM
I'll just add something on my signature that says part of the revolution on the bottom.:D

Thanks leXX you're the greatest.

leXX
09-01-2002, 01:00 PM
clem> lol, that would be more appropriate but webmaster is the known term. :D

ratmjedi> np ;)

Clem
09-01-2002, 01:02 PM
im sure people would know what u mean

u could have Web Dominatrix ...... hmmm taken ... oh well

leXX
09-01-2002, 01:04 PM
Who's taken Web Dominatrix?

Clem
09-01-2002, 01:06 PM
lol i imagine some porn site has it lexx dear

u could have Web Queen as ur title

leXX
09-01-2002, 01:10 PM
lexx dear! :eyeraise: That sounds very condescending clem dear ;)

Clem
09-01-2002, 01:15 PM
sorry im talking to my ex on msn its hard to get out of the talking down to people mode

sowwy

leXX
09-01-2002, 01:18 PM
np m8 :)

Clem
09-01-2002, 01:26 PM
<breathes again>
<goes back to insulting and talking down to my ex>

:eyeraise:

so u gonna have Web Queen somewhere?

leXX
09-01-2002, 01:29 PM
nah, it's sounds too gay! :lol:

Clem
09-01-2002, 01:33 PM
no thats DRAG queen dear .... ooops .... damn U LISA!

:eyeraise:

Pornos RULE!!!
09-01-2002, 01:34 PM
kjkgu

leXX
09-01-2002, 01:36 PM
:eyeraise: Scarey!

leXX
09-01-2002, 01:51 PM
btw: to get back on topic...there is a Matrix take off film out called "The One" starring Jet Li. It's ok but doesn't come anywhere close to the The Matrix, worth a rent though.

Sivy
09-01-2002, 03:09 PM
check out my new av. what do you think?

leXX
09-01-2002, 04:19 PM
check out my new av. what do you think?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! You have the best avatar in the world! I'm soooooo jealous! :crybaby: :thumbsup:

Ratmjedi
09-01-2002, 04:24 PM
I like your'e avatar Sivy!
It looks very cool. Who made it for you?

I hope -=Chi3f=- makes mine soon but I understand that he has other avatars to make first. I know mine is going to be good. All of =-Chi3f=- is excellent and that it is going to be tight!:D

leXX
09-01-2002, 04:26 PM
mwuahahahaha the Matrix Revolution has begun! :D

Ratmjedi
09-01-2002, 04:56 PM
Hey leXX how do I get my text in my signature to be green?

I modified my signature to show im a member of the revolution and I want my first line to be green.

Sivy
09-01-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi
I like your'e avatar Sivy!
It looks very cool. Who made it for you?

it's a SivyB original

Ratmjedi
09-06-2002, 02:01 AM
Very nice man! :)

Darth Groovy
09-06-2002, 07:06 AM
Dear God LeXX has started another mafia!

:::::Runs for the hills::::::

leXX
09-06-2002, 07:14 AM
nah, trust me, I ain't going through THAT again! :D

and as you can see, i've given it up as I change my av all the time! Sorry Ratmjedi, but you might aswell remove that line from your sig...we already know who all the Matrix fans are in here anyway! ;)

Sivy
09-06-2002, 01:22 PM
i've made a neo av from the reloaded trailer, then i left it at work.
i don't think i'm actually going to use it so if someone wants it let me know.

Ratmjedi
09-06-2002, 01:49 PM
Awwww I finally was part of an organazation and now it's gone! I'm going to go hide in my corner now:(

leXX
09-06-2002, 01:51 PM
awww don't worry mate! *pats ratmjedi on the back*

WE ARE MATRIX FANS! Isn't that enough? hehe :D

Pad
09-06-2002, 01:51 PM
o well, ur still part of LF u know

Darth-Nasty
09-06-2002, 01:59 PM
hey matrix fans

im only a casual matrix fan. (ive seen it twice) and i'm bored so i thought i'd come in this thread.

i dont really know anything about the sequel so tell me everything you know about it

leXX
09-06-2002, 02:12 PM
just type Matrix Reloaded or Revolutions into Google and you will have plenty of info :D Also, read ALL the Matrix threads, not just this one!

Sivy
09-06-2002, 02:15 PM
i glad to see that you have gone back to your Trinity av leXX
the others are cool but that one rocks

Darth-Nasty
09-06-2002, 02:32 PM
should have known that as soon as i said i was a casual matrix fan i would be shown the exit of this thread:(

leXX
09-06-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Darth-Nasty
should have known that as soon as i said i was a casual matrix fan i would be shown the exit of this thread:(

hey man! noone showed you the door, I'm just saying do a little research first like we all have! ;) :p

leXX
09-06-2002, 02:48 PM
i glad to see that you have gone back to your Trinity av leXX
the others are cool but that one rocks

yep, you can't beat Trinity! ;) :D It is my favourite avvie, I think I'll just stick with it now.

whitedragon
09-06-2002, 05:22 PM
sorry for the abrupt bargeing in on this thread but i think you matrix fans will like this. its called neo-bender (http://www.newgrounds.com/collections/bender.html)
*please ignore porn sites the cartoon is clean (as clean as futureama and the matrix goes)*

Pad
09-06-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by whitedragon
sorry for the abrupt bargeing in on this thread but i think you matrix fans will like this. its called neo-bender (http://www.newgrounds.com/collections/bender.html)
*please ignore porn sites the cartoon is clean (as clean as futureama and the matrix goes)*

that r some cartoons!!!
if only i could make an av from it :(

teutonicknight
09-08-2002, 12:56 AM
I'm famous!!!!

http://www.matrixfans.net/news.php/5903

Well, a little....... :D

teutonicknight
09-09-2002, 07:56 PM
Bump..... :)

Pad
09-09-2002, 08:01 PM
I'm famous!!!!

http://www.matrixfans.net/news.php/5903

Well, a little....... :D

what the hell do u mean?

whitedragon
09-09-2002, 08:14 PM
Bump..... :)
my thoughts exactly

teutonicknight
09-11-2002, 11:58 PM

what the hell do u mean?

:rolleyes: cough.... cough..........

Oh, did I mention that the whole thing is in German? ;)

teutonicknight sends this in:
Addressing the German Frame by Frame anaysis, FreeTranslation.com works very well at translating it.

teutonicknight
09-12-2002, 12:13 AM
Some interesting new over at Matrixfans:

http://www.matrixfans.net/news.php/5904

Pretty cool interview....