PDA

View Full Version : Girls and games ...

QuietSith
07-22-2002, 05:11 PM
I found the debate they had interesting:

http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/054776.html

Kyth'emos
07-22-2002, 05:19 PM
I don't really find the concept of female gamers that odd, but there are certain people (like my GF) that I would be very surprised to find playing Quake.

QuietSith
07-22-2002, 05:21 PM
I just found it covered a lot of interesting issues - seems to have went a bit off topic.

From what I gathered from it:

Does it really matter to you if the person fragging you and beating you down is a girl or guy?

In the end, it's just yourself and your computer, no?

Hanch Saode
07-22-2002, 05:24 PM
And no, I don't know her...Clicky (http://dekpower.free.fr/stuff/funpics/html/whyPlayq3.html)

QuietSith
07-22-2002, 05:25 PM
That's a LAN, bit different, I'm thinking online where you never meet people anyhow ...

Kyth'emos
07-22-2002, 05:28 PM
*me wants those headphones shes got*

QuietSith
07-22-2002, 05:31 PM
They look like my Sennheiser 580's. Hrm.

Agen
07-22-2002, 05:34 PM
http://www.planetquake3.net/images/Jun22_13.jpg

:naughty:

Darklighter
07-22-2002, 05:38 PM
Thank you Agen for bringing us back on topic:D We nearly went onto 'Games and Headphones' then...hehe:)

Hanch Saode
07-22-2002, 05:55 PM
Yeah, maybe she were to a LAN....BUT!!

Does that really matter?? And look at the face of hers...does it look like it's the first time?? Nah...messa dont thinka so!

btw - I am in a danish clan...in which I have made a girl join...she's a gamer...

And I know many other girls that play hardcore cmputer...

So maybe it's a rare sight, but still I think you would quite often encounter female competition...when it comes to computer gaming :)

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-22-2002, 10:16 PM
Yeah they're fine. Whoooo!

The blonde is hot, for a siliconian that is :dirty: <honkey> And that brunette ain't bad neither! </honkey>

Bwa ha ha ha ha!!! :dev7:

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to mention this; I've seen a total of 13 girl/lady gamers @ the LAN parties I've been to. They're pretty good too! Not to be taken lightly, as my friend and fellow [RAA] member found out. She Own3d him pretty bad.

Goten583
07-22-2002, 10:24 PM
I'm probably relieve instantly relieve myself if I ever saw my gf enjoying a video game. She's totally opposed.

Goten583
07-22-2002, 10:29 PM
ok im not complaing, but what the deal with the random girl???
Did I miss something???
:confused: :rolleyes: :D

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-22-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Goten583
ok im not complaing, but what the deal with the random girl???
Did I miss something???
:confused: :rolleyes: :D

I don't think you missed anything. The chick is from the first link to the Q3 forum thread about girls n' games.

BTW: Every girl I dated hate video games. They can't and won't ever try to understand them. My friend and his wife, on the other hand, fight over who's playing the PS2 next. He always wins and that's why I made him [RAA]. Good job -=H00t=-

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha :dev7:

NerfYoda
07-22-2002, 10:36 PM
Geesh. I need to get my gf to quit this whole "school and work" thing and play JK2 & Galaxies when it comes out. We'd be the combo that couldnt be beat! Oh yeah It'd help if I could somehow get her interested in Star Wars too. :p

Clem
07-22-2002, 10:36 PM
is it me or is the girl they interviewed a complete BITCH?!

i hate her already just from reading that i dont care what she looks like!

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-22-2002, 11:07 PM
that girl looks skank

Guardian Omega
07-23-2002, 12:55 AM
Ahhh I sense arrogance...........
Whats funny is that she mentioned female sterotypes, but didn't mention the male sterotypes she said.:p

We need a better female to interview, personality and maturity wise. That is a bad image of female gamers.

As one guy said, forget looks, they're trouble!

Absurd
07-23-2002, 01:17 AM
http://www.gamespy.com/legacy/interviews/womengaming4_a.shtm

Guardian Omega
07-23-2002, 01:28 AM
Now that's much, much better.

She got the point across as the did that arrogant girl, but much more smoothly and mature. Yes, male or female, it's player vs. player and she got the equality attitude just perfectly.

Absurd
07-23-2002, 01:53 AM
Check out the article - it's been changed:

http://www.planetquake3.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Features&file=femalegamers

NerfYoda
07-23-2002, 03:03 AM
The interview got taken down due to alot of rude comments. :( I think you need to consider te sources of the 2 gamers in question. One is a 10th grade hich school cheerleader & the other works a 9 to 5 job & is planning on opening her own business. Which one do you think will be more mature? The younger one is also in a clan. Don't get me started on the whole clan arrogance thing...

Absurd
07-23-2002, 03:20 AM
True.

Often clans take on an almost cult-like social structure.

Ruins the fun of a game.

STTCT
07-23-2002, 03:52 AM
alright I was reading this thread and thought I should post. I am a girl and I play a lot of video games! I've been playing them every since I was little. I damn near own every console since Atari!! Quake...yes I actually bought the demo..and FOR SHAME got the hack that gave me...well the whole thing. I used to play Tombraider. I always make my boyfriend take me Dave and Busters where we have a total blast. We are even on beating eachother at Pod Racer. We just got the Game Return to Wolfenstein. We wanted JK2...and got the demo (fell in love with the light saber kewlness) but alas it was like 59 dollars!! I don't know if its wierd to like to play video games. A lot of my friends (who are girls) do not like to play them. Guess they like to talk on the phone more than I do. But most of them I know love to go grab a Margarita and play at Gameworks. So...I don't know. just wanted to put in my 2 cents

Hanch Saode
07-23-2002, 07:39 AM
Cool to hear a girls point'a'view...

Without any secret plans, I wanna hear how many girls actually are present in this forum??

Clem
07-23-2002, 09:43 AM
girl gamers arent THAT rare .... and they are normally cool

ok they arent as numerous as us guys buy i thnik thats partly due to games tending to be aimed at guys ..... so it takes a girl with taste (a rarity <hides>) to like it

at least this girl isnt slagging us all off while she talks

<wants to throttle the girl interviewee>

Divine Spirit
07-23-2002, 09:53 AM
Girls can play games if they want, makes absolutely no difference to me!

Its not as if them being female suddenly means i have a chance with them! :D

Kit fisto JK
08-12-2002, 02:33 AM
wait what was I going to say again oh ya bump:D

Nebelwerfer_
08-12-2002, 05:30 AM
Most girls I know dont like violent games ( ie, any FPS)
My girlfriend however loves SIMS, Civilization, caesar and maybe a little morrowind. I think its a lack of testosterone that makes girls not like violent games.

Jah Warrior
08-12-2002, 06:34 AM
Girl gamers in my opinion are on average a whole heap better than guys.

I think the main problem for girl gamers is that most of the 'guys' who play are like 14 yr old virgins who have never had a girlfriend. I kid you not its embarrassing when there is a lady on the server and all the pre-pubescent brats start to flirt outrageously and basicly make utter fools of them self.

Some ladies do like the attention but it really is quite sad how some of these desperate lil fellas carry on in the presence of females.

I also notice that some people do seem to let girls win when they play them in some misguided attempt to be a gentleman. No woman respects a guy that is letting you walk all over them. I always put in 110 % effort when fighting girls (sorry Lexx;)). The reason being that if they are going to beat me then I am sure they want to win out of their own skill rather than handing the win to them on a plate.

In short female players can be particularly ruthless i find (not a bad thing) I really need to keep my eyes open when playing against females.

Anyway utmost respect to Lexx and Janedoe, two of the best players I've played and yes it really is a pleasure to fight you guys :)

leXX
08-12-2002, 07:10 AM
Thank you for your kind comments Jah! :D It is a pleasure to play you also.

This whole subject is hard for me to comment on, the mere fact that there is a thread about it shows the stereotypical feelings towards "females" and games. It dissapoints me grately.

The majority of men I play are cool and show me respect but of course there is the minority who think that if they loose to a girl, they are somehow embarresed. I just wish these men or "boys" would stick there d1cks back in there pants and realise females are just as good as males. Why can't they just get on with playing the game to have fun! The most common comment I get is "are you really a girl?". Um yes, just cause I beat you, doesn't mean I have to be male. :rolleyes:

Respect to all those I play that show me respect! :thumbsup:

Pad
08-12-2002, 07:42 AM
mostly those guys whinning r playing like a whore. when u kill them they tell u there not ready or other ****. always complaining.
i just think that we should be able to play side by side (female - male) and accepts the fact that they could be better than u (respect).
i have nothing against females playing games, i think that even more females should play games.

BlackDove
08-12-2002, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by lexx
The majority of men I play are cool and show me respect but of course there is the minority who think that if they loose to a girl, they are somehow embarresed. I just wish these men or "boys" would stick there d1cks back in there pants and realise females are just as good as males.

:lol::rofl::lol:

I actually prefer losing to girls...

WolfmanNCSU
08-12-2002, 09:30 AM
I know a good number of female gamers. Its not really all that odd. Even my girlfriend likes comp games. She does not play any of them, other than like solitare, but she likes to watch me play some RPG's when fighting dragons and stuff like that. She just kinda chills and watches TV, chats with me, and plays with my parrot will I blow off steam or do a little game time. Isn't she great. :d

Darth Slayne
08-12-2002, 09:35 AM
My sister is a gamer. The first time I played her was a few years back, we were playing jedi knight. And yes, to my utter shame I went easy on her. Not because she's a female OH NO! I went easy on her because she had never played the game (this is fair enough yes?).

I am not ashamed to admit that she owned my sorry butt! :D All BECAUSE I was easy on her.....never again ;)

MaulerZ
08-12-2002, 09:37 AM
I have no probs with female gamers just as long as they show respect to me I show respect back.....about the losing issue i dont care if i get beat.......if i do its by a better gamer :p

Qui-Gon:Theres always a bigger fish.

Clem
08-12-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by lexx
Thank you for your kind comments Jah! :D It is a pleasure to play you also.

This whole subject is hard for me to comment on, the mere fact that there is a thread about it shows the stereotypical feelings towards "females" and games. It dissapoints me grately.

The majority of men I play are cool and show me respect but of course there is the minority who think that if they loose to a girl, they are somehow embarresed. I just wish these men or "boys" would stick there d1cks back in there pants and realise females are just as good as males. Why can't they just get on with playing the game to have fun! The most common comment I get is "are you really a girl?". Um yes, just cause I beat you, doesn't mean I have to be male. :rolleyes:

Respect to all those I play that show me respect! :thumbsup:

i lose to lexx all the time and i dont get £%$^£$ stressed about the £$%£" fact shes a £%^ girl

<wanders off to sulk> ;) :eyeraise:

Darth Groovy
08-13-2002, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by NerfYoda
Geesh. I need to get my gf to quit this whole "school and work" thing and play JK2 & Galaxies when it comes out. We'd be the combo that couldnt be beat! Oh yeah It'd help if I could somehow get her interested in Star Wars too. :p

Girls that like Star Wars are a scarcity. The last couple of GF I had took great pleasure in ripping them to shreds.

Absurd
08-13-2002, 10:08 AM
Girls can be downright scarey at times.

I was raised with older sisters, and I'm still recovering from the trauma. :(