PDA

View Full Version : This forum used to be semi - intellectual


Absurd
07-25-2002, 03:12 PM
What's the deal with the soap opera / melodrama let's all act like 5 year olds crap?

It's getting taken over by 'school playground' social behavior.

Camus
07-25-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
What's the deal with the soap opera / melodrama let's all act like 5 year olds crap?

It's getting taken over by 'school playground' social behavior.


What do you mean??? :eyeraise:

Old_Ben
07-25-2002, 04:01 PM
You say "used to be" but you only registered this month.

Clem
07-25-2002, 04:04 PM
the mans got a point (and a little hut on tatooine ... who can argue with that!)

intellectual shmintellectual

its more fun now ..... i like it :)

Camus
07-25-2002, 04:08 PM
Yes it is a blast around here... :D it keeps me busy...

Absurd
07-25-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Old_Ben
You say "used to be" but you only registered this month.

So you assume.

Kyth'emos
07-25-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Absurd


So you assume.

nooo.... it says right below your name "registered:Jul 2002"

Absurd
07-25-2002, 04:32 PM
Ever change clothes?

:rolleyes:

Camus
07-25-2002, 04:33 PM
He might be using a new account...

Kyth'emos
07-25-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
Ever change clothes?

:rolleyes:

not often no, you wouldn't happen to have changed clothes seberal times in the last few months because you had little choice did you ?

Absurd
07-25-2002, 04:35 PM
No.

Exterminator234
07-25-2002, 04:36 PM
or he could be a hacker that changed his registeration date, but i doubt that, why would you want to anyway?

Absurd
07-25-2002, 04:38 PM
Nope, not that either.

Just too bad a lot of the cool and mature people have moved on from this community.

No offense to the cool and mature people that are still here.

Exterminator234
07-25-2002, 04:40 PM
No offense taken :D j/k

Camus
07-25-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
Nope, not that either.

Just too bad a lot of the cool and mature people have moved on from this community.

No offense to the cool and mature people that are still here.



... Times change and people move on... sorry if we arent what your looking for... The best thing for you to do is to stop walking in the past and walk in the present...

Absurd
07-25-2002, 04:44 PM
I don't believe that time really exists.

Exterminator234
07-25-2002, 04:46 PM
uh oh, this thread now gets complicated :eek:

Kyth'emos
07-25-2002, 04:47 PM
:wstupid::rolleyes:

Why don't you go find a forum for intelectual discussion if thats what you want ?

Camus
07-25-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
I don't believe that time really exists.


Oh??? I like a good physics theory from time to time... could you explain this theory to me???

Exterminator234
07-25-2002, 04:49 PM
I better stop readin or by brain will explode :D

Camus
07-25-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Exterminator234
I better stop readin or by brain will explode :D


I thought you did that along time ago???

Absurd
07-25-2002, 04:57 PM
Remove memorization and recollection - then prove time exists.

Exterminator234
07-25-2002, 04:58 PM
how about i keep reafin till i dont understand, or my brain explodes, in which case id be dead, k?

Camus
07-25-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
Remove memorization and recollection - then prove time exists.


With out the concept of it... we couldnt have the concepts of rate or frequency

Camus
07-25-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Exterminator234
how about i keep reafin till i dont understand, or my brain explodes, in which case id be dead, k?



Um... Okay... :D

Absurd
07-25-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Camus



With out the concept of it... we couldnt have the concepts of rate or frequency

Keyword - concept.

Exterminator234
07-25-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Camus



With out the concept of it... we couldnt have the concepts of rate or frequency

ok im gonna stop reading now, tell me when it gets a little more 6th grade, k :D

Camus
07-25-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Absurd


Keyword - concept.


Numbers... Its all about numbers... Our univers can be defined by numbers... everything has a mathmaticl solution... with out time... we couldnt have rate or frequency...

Absurd
07-25-2002, 05:07 PM
http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=axiom

See #3.

Camus
07-25-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=axiom

See #3.



I think there for I am... ~nods~ Its always a good call when you know there is a small chance someone might comealong and prove you wrong... I must say... Your challenging... :D I respect people like that...

Absurd
07-25-2002, 05:19 PM
It often leads to tautologies when questioning a concept that is determined by the very (supposed) nature of one's own existence - i.e. time and memory, in this particular case; or in other situations, the personification of the universe through metaphysics or religion.

Camus
07-25-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
It often leads to tautologies when questioning a concept that relies upon the very nature of one's existence - i.e. time and memory, in this particular case; or in other situations, the personification of the universe through metaphysics or religion.


Yes I must agree... Its like that age old question... which came first the chicken or the egg??? If you believe in evolution then the egg came first... if you believe in religion its the chicken... Its all about where you stand on your own ideals...

Absurd
07-25-2002, 05:23 PM
Yep, exactly.

Camus
07-25-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
Yep, exactly.


:D not all the semi - intellectual's are gone... and a few new ones joined...

Absurd
07-25-2002, 05:26 PM
After playing games for awhile, I needed some kind of mental outlet. This is one of the few forums where decency is a norm. :D

Clem
07-25-2002, 05:27 PM
time is an object we can morph

we know this cos we did the atomic clock tests

Absurd
07-25-2002, 05:28 PM
You might find this entertaining:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/1311/absurd.html

Camus
07-25-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
After playing games for awhile, I needed some kind of mental outlet. This is one of the few forums where decency is a norm. :D


That wasnt very nice but oh well... AI can get old atimes... but nothing is more fun then the challenge of ones IQ to anothers...

Absurd
07-25-2002, 05:30 PM
Notice this part:

"The Absurd is thus a pointless quest for meaning in a universe devoid of purpose. It is a totally human foible and, once again, only defines the begining of the questioning of existence."

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/1311/absurd.html

Absurd
07-25-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Darth Clem
time is an object we can morph

we know this cos we did the atomic clock tests

Does an "inch" really exist without a tape measure? Or is it merely a way of attempting to understand and control the 'idea of space'?

Chastan
07-25-2002, 05:48 PM
"Time" is actually just a measure of position... the passage of time, I guess you could call a vector.

Camus
07-25-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Absurd


Does an "inch" really exist without a tape measure? Or is it merely a way of attempting to understand and control the 'idea of space'?


That is a good question... The inch is a refrence to an excact messurerment... Or distance of space... basicly the distance between a and b is 1 unit... that sets the standard... 5 units make up groupunit... so... with that idea in mind... 5 units can be refured to as a groupunit... 2 groupunit would mean 10 units... from the mathmatic point like I said can be explained by numbers... so yes the inch does exist as a reffrence... It can have a numarical value only if you add one to it...

Absurd
07-25-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Chastan
"Time" is actually just a measure of position... the passage of time, I guess you could call a vector.

"tau·tol·o·gy Pronunciation Key (tô-tl-j)
n. pl. tau·tol·o·gies

Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.
An instance of such repetition.
Logic. An empty or vacuous statement composed of simpler statements in a fashion that makes it logically true whether the simpler statements are factually true or false; for example, the statement Either it will rain tomorrow or it will not rain tomorrow. "

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=tautology

P.S. I'm only discussing concepts, not the person debating - so it's not a statement upon you, but rather the argument.

Absurd
07-25-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Camus



That is a good question... The inch is a refrence to an excact messurerment... Or distance of space... basicly the distance between a and b is 1 unit... that sets the standard... 5 units make up groupunit... so... with that idea in mind... 5 units can be refured to as a groupunit... 2 groupunit would mean 10 units... from the mathmatic point like I said can be explained by numbers... so yes the inch does exist as a reffrence... It can have a numarical value only if you add one to it...

That would assume that all space is the same, and the units are more than just a pure concept for reference - axioms again.

Camus
07-25-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Absurd


But you have to assume that all space is the same, and the units are more than just a pure concept for reference - axioms again.


Space may curved but the distance of a line can be cut into exact lengths... a line is always strait... If you cut this perfect line up in exact lengths you use something called units... an inch is nothing more than a fraction or a hole of another unit...

Absurd
07-25-2002, 06:23 PM
How do you know it's exact without going into a circular reference of finding absolute units?

Camus
07-25-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
How do you know it's exact without going into a circular reference of finding absolute units?


You know when you a refrence... ie: precut distance to compare...

Absurd
07-25-2002, 06:29 PM
So the reference must always be conceptual or created, never absolute.

Exterminator234
07-25-2002, 06:33 PM
I made the mistake of checking on this again, now my brain hurts. :( luckily i was listening to music at the same time so i had something else in my mind :D

Camus
07-25-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
So the reference must always be conceptual or created, never absolute.


Only absolute if you use an absolute number... which once again enters the refrence... but with out a refrence no one could learn...

Absurd
07-25-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Camus



Only absolute if you use an absolute number... which once again enters the refrence... but with out a refrence no one could learn...

Do see you the circularity problem?

Camus
07-25-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Absurd


Do see you the circularity problem?


Only because you requer memory to make a refrence... that would be a value... values are exact... and you need to make a refrence to a value to make exact distance... There is a circularty in there... but thats only because it requers intellect to make observation of distance...

Darth Talliusc
07-25-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Camus



Yes I must agree... Its like that age old question... which came first the chicken or the egg??? If you believe in evolution then the egg came first... if you believe in religion its the chicken... Its all about where you stand on your own ideals...

i disagree with that, im sorry but i believe that you must look closer at the question, it does not specify that it means the egg that bares chicks. i believe taht the egg comes first as there were eggs belonging to species before chickens were about. like dinosaurs for example.

the truth lies in your own point of view, i nitpick therefore i am.

Absurd
07-25-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Camus



Only because you requer memory to make a refrence... that would be a value... values are exact... and you need to make a refrence to a value to make exact distance... There is a circularty in there... but thats only because it requers intellect to make observation of distance...

Or a fictional construct that does not truly have anything to do with 'reality', that is until we 'make it reality'.

Camus
07-25-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Absurd


Or a fictional construct that does not truly have anything to do with 'reality', that is until we 'make it reality'.


Yeah... On that line of sence...


Wow that was stimulatting... :D

Absurd
07-25-2002, 06:57 PM
:)

Camus
07-25-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
:)


:D

Exterminator234
07-25-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Camus



:D

now i must take it to the next possible level....

:D :)

Camus
07-25-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Exterminator234


now i must take it to the next possible level....

:D :)


lol

Absurd
07-25-2002, 07:08 PM
:eek: :p

TheJackal
07-25-2002, 11:16 PM
I like reading about these sort of things. Trying to find certain aspects of things and reality. But honestly, this doesn't interest me that much. I rather live what I have at the moment and see do my best to become better. To better myself. I also like to look at problems around the world and think of ways of getting it better. Politics is something that interrests me greatly. However the true meaning or existance of time does not.

Its all opinions. My interests is politics and visual arts (graphism). While others just absolutly hate politics.

I liked reading this thread and its refreshing. Keep it up boys and girls! :)


edit: ah crap. forums is acting up again. my post appeared after 4 other posts I've just read. Its doing that local time again.

Chastan
07-26-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Absurd


"tau·tol·o·gy Pronunciation Key (tô-tl-j)
n. pl. tau·tol·o·gies

Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.
An instance of such repetition.
Logic. An empty or vacuous statement composed of simpler statements in a fashion that makes it logically true whether the simpler statements are factually true or false; for example, the statement Either it will rain tomorrow or it will not rain tomorrow. "

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=tautology

P.S. I'm only discussing concepts, not the person debating - so it's not a statement upon you, but rather the argument.

Just trying to clarify for everyone.

JrKASperov
07-26-2002, 07:20 AM
That guy just is absurd man:)

WolfmanNCSU
07-26-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
Remove memorization and recollection - then prove time exists.

Ooooh, I like these. But we must also ask ourselfs, can we prove time does not exist.....

Agen
07-26-2002, 12:25 PM
:explode: