PDA

View Full Version : Metroid: Samus Aran WIP

Pages : [1] 2

__CKY__
07-25-2002, 09:09 PM

KMan
07-26-2002, 04:58 AM
Well, I don't know what happened to my thread, couldn't find it anywhere. Oh well.

Added new update.

Just in case you don't know, I am not basing this on any particular version of Samus, but I am doing my own rendition using a compilation of all the different versions. I am going to make her a little more gritty, but not too the point where she is covered in junk.

Image 2 (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus2.jpg)
Image 3 (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus3.jpg)
Image 4 (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus4.jpg)
Image 5 (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus5.jpg)
Image 6 (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus6.jpg)
Image 7 (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus7.jpg)
Image 8 (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus8.jpg)
Image 9 (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus9.jpg)
Image 10 (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus10.jpg)
http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus15.jpg

Looking for Metroid info- The Metroid Database (http://www.classicgaming.com/mdb)

ronbrothers
07-26-2002, 05:07 AM
This is really coming along nicely!

Bungalow
07-26-2002, 05:54 AM
Seeing the face through the visor, is excellent

Arán
07-26-2002, 05:55 AM
Looks realy great!
Good model!
:lsduel:

Psynex
07-26-2002, 12:05 PM
Let's see. I haven't posted in here much, but I think I'm going to start doing it more. I traveled fromt the far land of HL models so it's kind of a new learning experience jk2/q3. I like it. Anyway my general knowledge still holds some validity so here goes:

Samus is looking good don't get me wrong, but maybe the head showing through the helm isn't the best way to go. Hear me out...how many polys is here head? That number could easily be distributed all over the rest of the mesh making for some KICK ASS detail in the armor. And from the looks of it, the armor is what inspired you in the first place. Most people that look at samus as a cool character jump to the armor. And seeing is how you chose the suit she obtains in Super Metroid (SNES) you may need those extra polys in certain areas.

This is just a suggestion. Even if you don't think about it, do me one favor? Don't mess up the boots. They're my favorite part of the suit. From the pointed knee cap down. :)

Sniper Wolf
07-26-2002, 01:19 PM
Man this is awesome. I can't wait to play as Samus Aran. Will you have a version that you won't be able to see through the mask? I like the character for the armor suit, not the girl inside. But its cool either way. Good job.

bomberman_xc
07-26-2002, 02:58 PM
This model is looking great, it's gonna kick @$$ when it comes out. Could you make Case, the Marine from the game Doom, next? Here is a reference pic:

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/supergirl/

Just go here and scroll down until you see the "Case" pic, you can click on it for a bigger image. It's the third picture down i believe.

hawk_of_war
07-29-2002, 01:15 AM
Looking good. I like the new skin better.

Ok, I want you to keep the see through visor. I think it was cool and something that people never do. Also the girl inside the suit is very much part of the character, so don't complain. She could kick your ass anyday anyway. :D

I would still like to know what you are ganna do about the gun arm.

Also how are you ganna do the team skins? I'm thinking that the teamskins should look radically different from the standard. Sure it is a lot more work but it adds a lot to the model to have a choice of multiple cool skins (at least in FFA/Duel).

BTW, I think that the other topic got erased for some reason, cause I know I had some posts on it but it says that i only have 1 post.

trowa500
08-03-2002, 02:14 PM
this looks even better than ssbm on gc!

Lord Infamous
08-03-2002, 09:44 PM
looking nice KMAN, BTW: I love your pic of the guy from Iron Chef, that guy is a pimp

MaulerZ
08-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Kman you just keep amazing us :D

Midgit Yoda
08-08-2002, 10:34 PM
It's lookin great Kman. I have to say, at first I was thinkin, what the heck is he doing, but now I will have to say that this is really quite accurate from what I see. Plus I have always been a huge Metroid Fan. And hopefully you won't be as slow as the Yoda team was. I have faith that you won't dissapoint us on Samus.

hawk_of_war
08-09-2002, 01:06 AM
When do we get another juicy update?

TheWhiteRaider
08-09-2002, 01:27 AM
Too bad you can't get all the weapons to first from the gun arm insted of a blaster.

Sniper Wolf
08-09-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by PittHockey86
:confused: What are you? sexist?:rolleyes:
No I just like the armor suit more than Samus herself.

Wes Marrakesh
08-09-2002, 12:31 PM
cool! i've always liked Samus... :lol:
ok just an idea but what about doing something like a SSBs character pack? Maybe just a Link instead...
keep ut the good work!

Jango_Fett91
08-09-2002, 12:46 PM
THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!!! Kman can u make a Half Life Opposing force skin? that would be much appreciated.:)

TheWhiteRaider
08-09-2002, 02:22 PM
Must MAKE FASTER*UG* DIEING OF METRIOD FEVER.:D

KMan
08-12-2002, 07:01 AM
Image 9 (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus9.jpg)

Here's a pic to sooth your 'metroid fever'.

Jango_Fett91
08-12-2002, 02:12 PM
SWEET PIC! Kman@polycount rules!!!!!!!

Can u make the Grand Theft Auot 3 guy in JO? That would be soo cool:)

TheWhiteRaider
08-13-2002, 03:05 AM
Man! This is going to be cool:cool: when it is released. I told my friend who is a Mertriod FAN! He is waiting too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:Here's a pic to sooth your 'metroid fever'.

It was a temporary fix to the fever *UGGGGG* METRIOD FEVER COMEI------- BAC---.*A falling sound from the floor* MUST HAVE SAMUS.------------------------------------

/\
Pulse:/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ \
\ /
\_________________________/:D

TieDestroyer
08-13-2002, 11:15 AM
Dude that looks sweet!.

Hope it comes with out the suit version and with.

Unless your strictly gonna make a suit version K@man.

Darth-Nasty
08-13-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Jango_Fett91
SWEET PIC! Kman@polycount rules!!!!!!!

Can u make the Grand Theft Auot 3 guy in JO? That would be soo cool:)

hmm clever, disguising a request as flattery

i dont think its gonna get you anywhere tho

i expect kmans still gonna point you in the direction of the request thread:)

I guess it was answered in this models previous thread but ive looked through this one and cant find how you are gonna deal with the gun arm?

Sniper Wolf
08-13-2002, 06:53 PM
I just can't see the dude from GTA3 with a lightsaber....

Jango_Fett91
08-13-2002, 08:02 PM
lol, u could jes use guns or sumthin :confused:

Darth-Ra
08-15-2002, 11:41 PM
cool Kman@polycount, good job on creating the model; I bet it will rock when it is fully finished.....

:monkey4: :bounce3: :rddance:

Xyphox
08-16-2002, 12:40 AM
Yikes! Sweetness! Man, I clicked the link, then watched TV for a few seconds. When I looked back at the sceen, the amazing detail of the model shocked of the model shocked me half to death. I wish I had 1% of your skill, Kman.

"thA dekMan"
08-16-2002, 01:14 AM
lol its funny because everyone is like WOW THIS AMAZING NOW GO MAKE SOMETHING ELSE LIKE LINK OR GTA3 GUY!!!1!1

but on another note, it realy is fantastic kman, and i love ur attention to detail. Question. Are you going to make it so the helmet is removable like the cloack and stuff.

And if i may ask what happened to absath and bloodriot?

TheWhiteRaider
08-22-2002, 12:29 AM
*bump*

trowa500
08-22-2002, 12:48 AM
kman i like the dancin banana

Wes Marrakesh
08-22-2002, 12:59 AM
Can't wait for this model!
And I do agree with hawk_of_war: how are you going to do gun arm if you have decided yet?

KMan
08-22-2002, 01:10 AM
Still haven't decided.

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
08-22-2002, 01:17 AM
Holy lord! Where have I been? I didn't know anyone was working on Metroid. Ha that's friggin awesome. Wait'll my brothers hear of this. Lookin good too. Kinda brings a tear to your eye. *sniff* *sniff* Brings back memories. Heh, anyway enough wasting space. Great job Kman. Keep it up.... Btw nice avatar. lol

hawk_of_war
08-22-2002, 03:29 PM
I still like my "strap it on her back" idea. If you did that you could say you included it without it getting in the way. The only problem is that it would eat up a lot of poly's....

TheWhiteRaider
08-22-2002, 11:17 PM
*Overjoyed mode*
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Overjoyed mode*

*Semi-Overjoyed mode*

Must have Samus!
Must have Samus!
Must have Samus!
Must have Samus!

*Semi-Overjoyed mode*

*Normal mode*

Man when this is done I'm downloading it faster than lightning.
This is so coooooll!!!!

*Normal mode*
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Oobedoob Benobi
08-22-2002, 11:49 PM
Well one thing you could do is make the gun arm really big and place the weapon inside it by doing stuff to the skeleton so it looks like the gun arm is shooting, but if you used the light saber it would look messed up. Their also could be a few problems with the weapon inside the arm. Anyway, great job on the model Kman!

hawk_of_war
08-23-2002, 12:12 AM
Yea we thought of that one before but ruled it out.

Kururin
08-23-2002, 04:25 PM
I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hawk_of_war
08-25-2002, 12:37 AM
And your maybe person number 109,768 that has said that :D

TheWhiteRaider
09-01-2002, 04:52 PM
*bump*

TheWhiteRaider
09-01-2002, 10:23 PM
Hey Kman Do you have anymore pics?

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-02-2002, 01:05 AM
If he has anymore updates he'll post them. Until then just sit tight and wait. I don't think he's waiting for someone to ask. He'll post em when he posts em.

TheWhiteRaider
09-02-2002, 08:54 PM
I just thought I might ask.

hawk_of_war
09-04-2002, 08:51 PM
I'm thinking this project might have died.... either that or he forgot.

KMan
09-04-2002, 08:59 PM
No, it's just that I choose not to post any new pics up yet. That's all.

hawk_of_war
09-04-2002, 09:00 PM
You have to remember that when we readers don't see any updates on highly anticipated models for over a period of a month or so we think its died. :)

TheWhiteRaider
09-09-2002, 03:33 AM
*bump*

TheWhiteRaider
09-13-2002, 12:55 AM
Hey Kman how close are you. I'm on the egde of my seat.

KMan
09-13-2002, 01:55 AM
Still working on her. School stared for me this week, and I've got a pretty full load. However none of them are modeling classes, so I will be able to make time for her. I've modeled down to her knees now.

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-15-2002, 03:13 AM
Curious, Kman have you compiled any sounds for her? If so aer they custom? I would find that to be quite intresting. Anyway, good luck in school man. ;)

TheWhiteRaider
09-16-2002, 12:08 AM
Hope this turns out well. Good Luck Kman

KMan
09-16-2002, 12:49 AM
About the sounds- I'll get to them when I get the rest of her sorted out. And I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do.

hawk_of_war
09-16-2002, 10:39 AM
Just for the conversational value, what are you planning to do with them? Ganna try to rip them from the Gamecube game that's coming out?

_NinjaGaiden_
09-16-2002, 12:35 PM
THAT MODEL LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!

icepool
09-16-2002, 04:39 PM
Kman the model looks great. As for everyone that cant wait to see this model finished well no one realizes how much homework you get in college compared to high school. Seriously high school is a joke. And most people believe if your going to an art college like the art institute or something that the homework is a joke because its not a real college. Wrong the homework is worse and is more time consuming. So I imaging that most of the models in these forums are gonna take a long time to complete.

bomberman_xc
09-16-2002, 08:47 PM
this model is great..................a true masterpiece

KMan
09-17-2002, 05:53 AM
Image 10 (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus10.jpg)
Finally got the base model laid down in concrete. Going to see what all I can optimize, then I'm going to unwrap the rest of the model.

Psynex
09-18-2002, 12:57 AM
*tss tss tss* Where's her @$$? Seriously, there's no butt plate. The jet pack doesn't look like it could even blow dry someones hair. The boots need some tweaking too. I'm pretty sure I remember pictures of a molded calf muscle on them. The ridges on the shoulders should be raised a bit. If her head is still under her helmet, you should just can it. I don't care if its "COOOOOOooooooool!". You won't really see it that much in multiplayer and those polys could be better spent on more detail on the suit, which is what the character is really all about anyway.

Sam
09-18-2002, 01:42 AM
It's looking good

TheWhiteRaider
09-18-2002, 03:26 AM
Very good Kman

hawk_of_war
09-18-2002, 10:50 AM
It looks great but I have to agree with the following:

Originally posted by Psynex
*tss tss tss* Where's her @$$? Seriously, there's no butt plate. The jet pack doesn't look like it could even blow dry someones hair. The boots need some tweaking too. I'm pretty sure I remember pictures of a molded calf muscle on them. The ridges on the shoulders should be raised a bit. If her head is still under her helmet, you should just can it. I don't care if its "COOOOOOooooooool!". You won't really see it that much in multiplayer and those polys could be better spent on more detail on the suit, which is what the character is really all about anyway.

bleek
09-18-2002, 10:58 AM
Did Samus ever have an @$$ in her hard metal suit?

Matt-Liell
09-18-2002, 07:45 PM
keep up the awsome modelling kman! u r one of the best modellers ive ever seen! that model is better than the samus in super smash bros melee! i only ask 1 question, what program(s) did u use?

KMan
09-18-2002, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the imput. I've added a little more room where her buns would be, and tweaked a few more areas. I've split her up and I'm going to finish unwrapping her.

Yadu- I'm using 3ds Max 4

Matt-Liell
09-18-2002, 08:15 PM
thats why it looks awsome!:) youve got mad skill there kman, one last question. did you buy 3dsm or did u download it. if u downloaded it can u tell me where, but i doubt u did. i dont think u can get it anywhere! i just wanted to know cause i am a skinner but i want to start modelling too!

KMan
09-18-2002, 09:08 PM
I didn't download it, and I didn't buy it. I didn't have the cash for it, and downloads are usually corrupt or incomplete. I used a copy of the actual install disc.

CheshireKat
09-19-2002, 12:12 AM
Lookin Sweet Kman! Funco had a teaser box out for this I picked up the other day, and the first thing I thought of was you. hehe.

Cant wait to see her done.

Nanodagiardino
09-19-2002, 12:22 AM
I tought you dropped this, glad you didn't. Apart from minor glitches that have already been mentioned, very good job! The only thing that bothers me a tiny bit are her arm; impossibly too far away from her body:).

BTW what happened to your Rocketeer?

hawk_of_war
09-19-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by bleek
Did Samus ever have an @$$ in her hard metal suit?
Considering what I saw in Super Metroid, see has to have room for it. Otherwise it would be a very tight squeeze.

TheWhiteRaider
09-20-2002, 02:59 AM
Looking very good.

KMan
09-20-2002, 12:02 PM
Well, something happened to my max file of samus that has completely pooped it out. I can't render it, can't edit uvw map, can't export it to something I can import back clean, and probably a number of other problems. I'm gonna continue messing around with it, and see if there is anything else to do. May have to go back to a very early version and start over.

TheWhiteRaider
09-20-2002, 03:55 PM
Ouch..

Psynex
09-20-2002, 04:57 PM
you can try an import export game. Import it into another 3d editor like gmax, then export it as an MD3 from gmax to re-import it into max. Something of that nature.

KMan
09-20-2002, 05:03 PM
What other programs, other than Max5, can open/load a .max file from 3ds max4? That's where my problem is. I already had one of my buds that has v5 load it up, ,and they were also not able to export it as a .3ds or any other format without it crashing.

This happened after I broke up the model into pieces to begin unwrapping. I may have to try re-attaching everything, then see if it will export. I can't see how it is too complex for max to work with... oh well. I may see if I can find any progs that convert max - maya and vice/versa. Like Polytrans, or something like that. I am still going to try using the max vers at my school (vers 4.3) and see if I can work it over from there.

FluxHavoc
09-21-2002, 10:08 AM
As a lesson next time for modeling, always make backups.

My method is this:

I work on a file, say... my elf model. My naming scheme would be nightelf01.max. About every 30-60 minutes I increment the number and save-as to another file. So later I would have nightelf02.max, nightelf03.max, so on and so forth.

I've gone up to 40s and 50s doing this. Eventually you can delete them all and just keep the latest copy. This method doesn't hog TOO much drive space (max files are generally 1-2megs large). This method really REALLY saved my arse so many times, especially when the stuff I'm working on starts becoming corrupt... I can easily backtrack to an older file and keep working. I'd lose something like 30 minutes of work, but no biggie.

KMan
09-21-2002, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I make backups as well (including the max autobaks) but I do them in shorter increments, and I usualy keep it between 5-10. So it didn't take long for me to go too far. I haven't tried to fix the model yet, been busy with schoolwork (NWN mod development). But not to worry. If I can't get it to work right, I could always start over. Not like I'd wan't to but it would be better than what Ive got now. I just wanted to be able to have it done by the time Metroid Prime is released.

Chris4sox
09-21-2002, 10:54 PM
Thats quite a problem you have there.
I know what it feels like to lose a lot of work, its a pain.
I have been watching the progress on this project for some time now and must say I am quite impressed. your model has turned out better than I first anticipated.
I myself made a model of Samus(non game model), in fact 2 different models, and many other Metroid related models.
You can see my second Samus model here,(and yours is also on that page I see)with some of my other stuff.(The Chris Chicoine ones.)

http://www.classicgaming.com/mdb/fanart03.htm

Anywho, if you cant correct the problem you are having I would be willing to help, as a different version of Max may do the trick, I have versions, R2.5, R3.1, and 4.2. And could try to re-save it/export it there if you like, cause I love SW and I love Metroid, and I wanna see this model a success.

Shamless advertising= www.metroidclassic.com its not my project, but I worked on it a bit, now go.

my email is chris4sox@yahoo/hotmail.com

Matt-Liell
09-22-2002, 04:45 PM
the model was the best ive seen of kmans yet too.....oh man, come on it has to work, he must finish it, it IS his DESTANY!

KMan
09-23-2002, 04:47 PM
Ok, good news. I figured out what the problem was.
When I was separating the model into separate objects to unwrap, there was one object (part of the left side of her foot) that was causing the error. So I deleted that, and I can now go back and start the unwrapping process again. Yay.

TheWhiteRaider
09-23-2002, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the good news. Had me worried there.

_NinjaGaiden_
09-24-2002, 12:17 PM
Just Wondering Kman when you finish it is there going to be more than the original color skin (a black version would be awesome)

KMan
09-24-2002, 09:50 PM
Ninja- Most likely I will make recolors of all of them so there is no time spent waiting for other people to do that. I'll also do some variants to the recolors so they have a little different character. This will be a pretty big d/l when I do finish it. All the textures are going to be large and in charge, with lots of details.

_NinjaGaiden_
09-24-2002, 10:35 PM
Thanks KMAN.... Im not worried about file size, i have my 48.6 mbps connection..... i cant wait for your model!

El Sitherino
09-25-2002, 01:21 AM
KMAN this rules i cant wait for this to be finished. have you made the ctf skins yet if not you could make the blue like a sterile chromish blue color like on the terminator in the factory part he looks sorta blue.

TheWhiteRaider
09-25-2002, 02:59 PM
I don't care about the size. I can download it over night if I have to.

TheWhiteRaider
09-26-2002, 12:19 AM
For the jump sound you could use the jump sound from SSBM. Maby someone also could make C. Falcon. He is a bounty hunter you know.

Matt-Liell
09-26-2002, 05:28 PM
YES! Samus and Kman r BACK!

TheWhiteRaider
10-02-2002, 09:10 PM
How many colors are you doing Kman?

KMan
10-03-2002, 05:17 AM
Probably just 5 or 6.

Matt-Liell
10-03-2002, 04:02 PM
sorry if someone has already asked this (i hevnt had time to read all the posts!) do u have any idea of release time?

KMan
10-03-2002, 05:51 PM
I plan on having it done by the time Metroid Prime is released for Gamecube.

Matt-Liell
10-03-2002, 06:58 PM
when that!?!?! i have gamecube and this is news to me! 2 great things at the same time! awsome Kman!

TheWhiteRaider
10-03-2002, 08:40 PM
I think Metroid Prime was coming out in November.

KMan
10-03-2002, 11:00 PM
Yes it is coming out in November. Most likely the 24th (just a guess). Anyway, I have finished unwrapping the model, and I'm segmenting her now.
This will be my first attempt at getting her in game, so I'm bound to run in to problems.

Matt-Liell
10-04-2002, 09:47 PM
i know u can do it Kman!:) please tell me when u finish it right away! PM me if u can and tell me where i can get it! im behind u all the way! (if u need any skinning help let me know!)

KMan
10-05-2002, 09:40 PM
Unwrapping Complete - Skinning in Progress (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus11.jpg)

TheWhiteRaider
10-05-2002, 10:15 PM
Nice Kman.

trowa500
10-06-2002, 12:51 AM
not too shabby

{BK}SupremePain
10-06-2002, 06:24 AM
wow k-man is that model for jk2? sweeeeeeeeeet

_NinjaGaiden_
10-08-2002, 05:31 PM
Can't Wait K-Man keep it up

KMan
10-08-2002, 07:09 PM
Arms and Leg segments (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus12.jpg)

Gram_Reaper
10-08-2002, 07:38 PM
Joy Overload, Joy Overload. . . .KMAN youve done it again. Hope to see more.

Lord Infamous
10-08-2002, 07:41 PM
Holly Smokes that looks Beautiful! are you still gonna make a face inside the mask Kman?

Matt-Liell
10-09-2002, 07:06 PM
:drop2::drop2::drop2::drop2::drop2::drop2::drop2:: drop2: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! .............................(i just fell backwards over my chair) THAT IS THE MOST AMAZING MODEL I HAVE EVER SEEN!:drop2: I REALLY WANT TO DOWNLOAD THAT MODEL KMAN! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

TheWhiteRaider
10-09-2002, 08:57 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KMan
10-09-2002, 09:26 PM
There is not going to be a head on the inside of this model. If everything goes well getting the model working in game, and I have the time, maybe. That's a very slim maybe. The polycount with the head goes over 3k. Right now she is at about 2800.

TheWhiteRaider
10-09-2002, 10:13 PM
Nice avatar there. Goes very well with this thread. Though Samus' head going back and forth makes me sick. :D

KMan
10-13-2002, 04:39 PM
Well, I had these pics on Friday, but as you know the servers went down the hole.
Anyway, I've got more important things I'm going to be working on this coming week, so I'm not going to be making many updates here.

Light (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus13.jpg)
Dark (http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus14.jpg)

SpYzEr
10-13-2002, 04:41 PM
Lookin great KMAN! I love the dark one :D

Matt-Liell
10-13-2002, 04:45 PM
:drop2: Kman are u sure you're human? anyway about the server they're fixing it so keep updating here. any release date changes?

Hellfire Jedi
10-13-2002, 04:55 PM
Damn K-Man u are GODLY and if u could PM me i got a question i got a friend making angel from bufyy the vamp slayer u think u could help cya
- my first post!:) :)

{BK}SupremePain
10-13-2002, 06:10 PM
K-man this model looks so cool that i get scared:D :D

AND BTW HELLFIRE! lol! hi Mike!

Hellfire Jedi
10-13-2002, 07:46 PM
some homeboy but we gotta stay on Topic WHY SO LATE lol

TheWhiteRaider
10-13-2002, 10:02 PM
Nice Kman they both look good. I like that Dark one wish that was in SSBM.

Matt-Liell
10-13-2002, 10:06 PM
I think nintendo should pay u for that model! it would look great in both ssbm, and metroid prime! im sorry i ask so much, but i really want the model!, any release dates set?

superracer0022
10-14-2002, 06:15 PM
great job kman, i usually dont care for models not from the star wars universe but for the model, hell yeah

TheWhiteRaider
10-16-2002, 05:23 PM
One thing that would be cool is if you could make the metal samus(One after picking up a metal box in SSBM) skin. Keep up the good work.

Matt-Liell
10-16-2002, 06:15 PM
well, it looks ok in ssbm but it wouldn't look great in jk2. the metal box samus would look kinda like a unskinned model, well in theory anyway!

TheWhiteRaider
10-16-2002, 08:21 PM
Maby.

TheWhiteRaider
10-17-2002, 01:02 AM
Which Colors other than the ones shown will you do?

KMan
10-17-2002, 11:06 AM
Orange - Default
Red - CTF
Blue - CTF
Purple
Black
White (Maybe)

Matt-Liell
10-17-2002, 06:12 PM
how many of these colours have u finished?

Histys-History
10-18-2002, 12:24 PM
Whens it going to be finished? This forum is dying out

Matt-Liell
10-18-2002, 04:36 PM
u cant rush greatness like this Suspect #3! but yes it would be nice if it was finished soon, i think he said the 28 of this month awhile back, is it still going to be then?

Histys-History
10-19-2002, 03:27 PM
Yeah i know :), and do u think i post ALOT in 1 day?

TheWhiteRaider
10-19-2002, 10:47 PM
Yes greatness comes to those who wait.

_NinjaGaiden_
10-20-2002, 01:04 AM
Models Like this one take time cause of the Detail and thought put into them be patient......... HEY LOOK I MADE MYSELF AN AVATAR!!!!!!!!

Lord Infamous
10-23-2002, 12:25 AM
With anticipation of Kmans excellent model and Metroid Prime I've been so infected with metroid fever I started playin metroid on the SNES agian, damn that was a great game. BTW, are you gonna be releasing Samus for Ut2k3 also Kman, cause she would look just so awesome in it

TheWhiteRaider
10-23-2002, 01:20 AM
Ah Feaver build up.

Pulse: /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/Samus/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

TheWhiteRaider
10-24-2002, 02:06 AM
How much longer Kman??

_NinjaGaiden_
10-24-2002, 06:07 PM
Samus is Awesome and this Model shows it WELL!

__CKY__
10-24-2002, 06:31 PM
How come it says i started this thread sorry if its already been answered i just oticed lol

Mex
10-28-2002, 08:36 AM
Any updates??

Matt-Liell
10-28-2002, 03:43 PM
please say samus inst dead! please say it aint so! Kman i need the cure for metroid fever!

TheWhiteRaider
10-29-2002, 12:41 AM
Metroid Fever is kicking in
:o ah ah ah CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KMan
10-30-2002, 04:12 PM
No, the model is not dead. There is no such thing. You all need to be patient. I will post before Metroid Prime is released with the link to d/l the model.
I've been busy lately with work, school, other models & skins, and playing Metroid Fusion.

Matt-Liell
10-30-2002, 05:54 PM
*WHEW*:sweat: i was worried for a minute, keep going kman i know how hard school and work and things can be!

KMan
10-30-2002, 08:15 PM
Ph3/|R M3!! (www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/temp/DSC00395.jpg)
:p

Lord Infamous
10-31-2002, 10:34 PM
Wow Kman, are you a Metroid fan? (extreme sarcasm)
I am excited about Prime also, btw what is Metroid Fusion?

Kururin
10-31-2002, 10:50 PM
Sry for this being off topic but...
I might get Metroid Prime not sure but right now i am trying to finish Super Mario Sunshine and Star Fox Adventures. I hate Star Fox right now because you have to press a rapidly to push MuscleFoot into this pit. grrrrrr im pissed off!!!!

Please dont reply to this cause i dont want Kman to get angry at any off topic posts but i just had to get it out of my system. :D

Sry Kman :D

PM me or AIM: BFett101 to talk about it. or help me :D

TheWhiteRaider
10-31-2002, 11:55 PM
Stay on topic guys.

Any updates Kman?

Matt-Liell
11-03-2002, 03:32 PM
any updates? check out my new metroid prime avatar!

TheWhiteRaider
11-10-2002, 04:27 AM
Kman any updates?????? I can't wait I think I am going to burst! J/K

DO you have anything to show us?

Mex
11-10-2002, 05:43 AM
Nice work Kman

Oh and please check ur PM's and could you do what it says if you have time?

TheWhiteRaider
11-11-2002, 01:12 AM
Oh please spare us Kman. At least could you tell us a percentage?

Eldritch
11-11-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by TheWhiteRaider
Oh please spare us Kman. At least could you tell us a percentage?

Lay off a bit. Your last 3 posts have been asking the exact same thing. KMan's been crystal clear about when there'll be updates and pictures, so just be patient and stop nagging him about something he's already answered.

KMan
11-11-2002, 02:31 AM
Update- buzy as all get out, so I haven't been able to get the model rigged. I may need to call in some assistance to get her ready by the time I need it done.

Psynex
11-11-2002, 10:36 AM
Was that a hint at a series-hype release (releasing Samus for JK2 the same day that Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion)? That's a good idea, but you'd need to hury; I think the games are coming next week!

On a side note, and slightly off topic...Kman I read a post on Polycount in the Invader Zim thread where you mentioned some sort of dual-lighting/environ-map(?) shader to give it a more cartoony look. If you don't mind could you explain that a bit more, maybe show some code because it could be very useful to me. I didn't want to put this here but didn't really know how else to ask other then siging for a n00b account at polycount.

KMan
11-11-2002, 03:09 PM
models/players/modelname/texname
{
cull disable //if needed
{
map models/players/modelname/texname.tga
rgbGen identityLighting //full bright model that will not have any map lighting info applied
}
{
clampmap models/players/modelname/toon.tga
blendfunc filter // will act as the lighting info
rgbGen identityLighting
tcGen environment //moves with angle of view
}
}

And for the toon effect, I have used these before.
Toon Texture (http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/kman/images/temp/toon.jpg)

Mex
11-11-2002, 03:18 PM
Cool work Kman, but, erm, what exactly is that stuff?

Hellfire Jedi
11-11-2002, 03:43 PM
I think that means its gonna be out soon :D

Xyphox
11-11-2002, 03:58 PM
Good job Kman, but I can't get the pic to work.

DrakkenVII
11-11-2002, 08:16 PM
w00t!
Does this mean your giving her the 2d shaders like homer for q3?
Thats mint guy.

(P.S. I beat metroid fusion its a pretty short game. XD)

Can't wait man once this model comes out I'ma start playin guns again!

KMan
11-12-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by DrakkenVII
w00t!
Does this mean your giving her the 2d shaders like homer for q3?
Thats mint guy.

No, that was just a bit of code to help out psynex. I might use that, if I have time.

I did however talk Toonces into helping me out with getting her in game.

Psynex
11-12-2002, 02:16 PM
Didn't mean to confuse the others in this thread. Thank you Kman for posting that info there for me. I did end up coming across a small tut on that by pure coincidence about an hour after I posted that question. Your approach is sliiiiiiiightly different so I'll have to experiment. Thanks again.

Sebulba-Dug
11-12-2002, 08:35 PM
The model is looking great. I'm a fan of Metriod but can't buy it when Prime comes out, simply because I have been converted to the side of the Xbox, but yeah, model looks great. Can't wait till it's out.

DrakkenVII
11-13-2002, 03:56 PM
Im not a fan of game cube..
Or nintendo as a whole for that matter..
I'm not buying a gamecube just for one game
(which would be metroid prime XD)

IMHO MEtroid and Zelda are the only on-going reasons nintendo still makes any money.. The majority of their other games can be bought on other systems or are just plain childish..

Sorry a little off topic on my part there Kman.

KMan
11-14-2002, 03:09 AM
Another update as the deadline approaches:
Toonces has gotten a working version of her in-game, and I have gotten the shaders all set up. I just need to finish the skins, get the sounds in there, and set up the bots, and she'll be out the door (unless I forgot about something).

Hellfire Jedi
11-14-2002, 05:58 AM
Yay :) good job KMan u rule

TheWhiteRaider
11-14-2002, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the update.

IMHO MEtroid and Zelda are the only on-going reasons nintendo still makes any money

Nintendo makes just as much as the rest of the companies. Though Metroid and Zelda are some of their bigger sellers. One thing is also Nintendo bought out the rights for the next 5 Resident Evil games from Capcom I think. Anyways we should get back on topic.

KMan
11-14-2002, 10:38 PM
Actually, you should have stayed on topic, and not replied to his out of topic comment. If you want to talk about Nintendo start a thread in the General forums, or better yet, browse through the ign forums and if you think what they are all talking about is rational, and has any sort of semblance to being serious, by all means commit yourself to a sanitarium.

Hellfire Jedi
11-15-2002, 07:19 AM
So excited taht i just can't hide it :P
Who hates my singing voice
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy and excited so today is friend release sunday night or monday cuz a sunday release would be smashing im gonna go look at old pictures u posted and btw
is the mask see threw to the face?

Eldritch
11-15-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy and excited so today is friend release sunday night or monday cuz a sunday release would be smashing im gonna go look at old pictures u posted and btw
is the mask see threw to the face?

That was pretty incoherent. I don't understand at all what you were trying to say.

KMan, are you going to have that slashing-type sound when she jumps? Is that even a possibility? I'm not sure which events have sound, so...

Hellfire Jedi
11-15-2002, 03:16 PM
O yeah sorry i got happy that the release
is right around the corner i wont ever be be happy again ok? i will post flameing instead jeez was gonna say something nice about something u did but u wont stop sooo

back on topic
What kind of sounds will u get dont recall samus talking that much

Eldritch
11-15-2002, 03:41 PM
O yeah sorry i got happy that the release
is right around the corner i wont ever be be happy again ok? i will post flameing instead jeez was gonna say something nice about something u did but u wont stop sooo

back on topic
What kind of sounds will u get dont recall samus talking that much

I tried to PM you so that I could handle this privately, but your inbox is full. Out of respect for KMan though I won't talk about it here.

Hellfire Jedi
11-15-2002, 03:52 PM
Since u brought that up yo KMan i havee no PM's in my box and its been like that for weeks i haven't got a PM in a while cuz it says its full but i have NOTHING in there....

MuRaSaMuNe
11-15-2002, 05:39 PM
Mmmmm nice job, can't wait.. the dark samus is hella coo. :thumbsup:

Eldritch
11-15-2002, 05:42 PM
Since u brought that up yo KMan i havee no PM's in my box and its been like that for weeks i haven't got a PM in a while cuz it says its full but i have NOTHING in there....

Have you tried clearing your outbox as well? There's not just an inbox...

Hellfire Jedi
11-15-2002, 05:43 PM
I will try that thnx fer that info i will send u a PM *Test* reply to see if it works thnx m8

KMan
11-15-2002, 06:11 PM
Also, try emptying your sent messages, and any of your other boxes you may have.

The sounds aren't going to have much in the way of a voice talking, more like sounds and fx.

Hellfire Jedi
11-15-2002, 06:18 PM
Ah that im looking for other boxes and could u give us maybe a little sound? to chill us out of metriod fever and are u gonna release sunday saturday or monday cuz i got school during the week and i would love to use it during th weekend

DrakkenVII
11-16-2002, 02:48 PM
What about the taunt?
Wouldn't it sound a bit wonky if it was just a sound effect?
There must be somethin you could use for the taunt.

skiner
11-16-2002, 05:53 PM
WHEN IS IT COMEING OUT STOP TORCHERING US AND GIVE US SOME DATE *sigh* i am jst........ ok JST TELL me

Hellfire Jedi
11-16-2002, 08:16 PM
Damn there is someone who is rude and VERY impatient if he wasn't such a BANTHA FODDER maybe he would know that it might be out tommrow or monday

SpYzEr
11-16-2002, 10:50 PM
You were a Bantha Fodder like a week ago Hitman... :D :D

skiner
11-16-2002, 10:54 PM
you take things to serioes i real like the model and i am not impatent IT IS YOU that needs a sinse of hummor and i

KMan
11-17-2002, 02:25 AM
Stay on topic. Who gives a **** about what your so-called 'rank' or 'title' is?

skiner
11-17-2002, 08:46 AM
ok but do you have a rough idea when it is comeing out

Matt-Liell
11-17-2002, 09:29 AM
when he feels its complete! stop bugging him!

Hellfire Jedi
11-17-2002, 10:52 AM
Soon soooo soon :D im excited

skiner
11-17-2002, 11:53 AM
ok i will wate but but i want IT so bad i love metroid prime

Hellfire Jedi
11-17-2002, 12:08 PM
shoo shoo all u post is gimme mainly we WAIT for what we want dont like it well shoo plz tommoorow or later today jeez shoo

Toonces
11-17-2002, 04:33 PM
The shoulder deformations I'm getting now arn't pretty, better than the other day, but still a little strange. I'm going to keep tweaking though. It's a very sweet model folks, all you Metroid nuts out there are really going to love it :D

Hellfire Jedi
11-17-2002, 04:40 PM
So when will it be out?

KMan
11-17-2002, 07:46 PM
It will be released the week of November 18th, 2002. Is that good enough? Heh.

On a side note, (I can actually talk about this, now) Jedi Outcast for the XBox and Gamecube will be featuring extra MP models that can be unlocked. One of them is going to be Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus, which I had a great time working on. Just wanted to 'pimp' that out as well. There are some other good community models that are going to be in there as well.

Hellfire Jedi
11-17-2002, 07:52 PM
i live in massachusetts so what time u think my bro wants to know

18th wow thats months away :P
The dooku u talk about...The one that u guys MADE there putting it there!?!?

Toonces
11-17-2002, 07:54 PM
heh, I'm actually going to put a little news announcement on JKII.net the day the game comes out. In addition to KMan, there is work from many others like Arco, spacemonkey, sithlord-II, and even myself :D There are a few more people as well

Anyway, I gotta get back to rigging so you can get out this great model :)

Darth Odisse
11-17-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Toonces
heh, I'm actually going to put a little news announcement on JKII.net the day the game comes out. In addition to KMan, there is work from many others like Arco, spacemonkey, sithlord-II, and even myself :D There are a few more people as well

Anyway, I gotta get back to rigging so you can get out this great model :)

I take it Yoda won't be included? also it's a pity they'll miss out on Anakin, Mace, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon as well.

Hellfire Jedi
11-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Expected it to be out when i got home im home now...u guys still hard at work?

KMan
11-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Expected it to be out when i got home im home now...u guys still hard at work?
Well... I'm AT work right now. But I wouldn't call it hard work. Heh. Don't worry though, as soon as she's done, she's going straight up for download.

Hellfire Jedi
11-18-2002, 03:30 PM
ok ok ok lemme get this straiht can't spell so i cross it out :P so when u think u WILL release it and what is left that needs to be done

MuRaSaMuNe
11-18-2002, 03:36 PM
ok ok ok lemme get this straiht can't spell so i cross it out :P so when u think u WILL release it and what is left that needs to be done

Patience oh young one! *meditates under bo tree* :angel:

Matt-Liell
11-18-2002, 03:49 PM
he did say when metroid prime is released which is on the 20th of this month so be paitent!

Hellfire Jedi
11-18-2002, 03:51 PM
Yadu no tard of the re the game was being released today i saw it on the games website

Matt-Liell
11-18-2002, 04:00 PM
really? in my catolog it says the 20th, even better!:D

KMan
11-18-2002, 05:42 PM
Stealth Armour

http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/stealth.jpg
Here is one of the color variants. Depending on how long it takes to get her done, I may get around to doing some others, but no promises.

Matt-Liell
11-18-2002, 05:50 PM
see? good things come to those who wait! if he rushed it it wouldnt be this awsome! keep up the great work Kman!:D

Hellfire Jedi
11-18-2002, 06:06 PM
Looks nice but....
when u gonna give us it thought it would be today =/

SpYzEr
11-18-2002, 06:57 PM
He said that it would be released in the WEEK of Nov. 18th, not Nov 18th...

TheWhiteRaider
11-19-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by KMan
Stealth Armour

Here is one of the color variants. Depending on how long it takes to get her done, I may get around to doing some others, but no promises.

Nice Kman. Keep up the good work.

_NinjaGaiden_
11-19-2002, 02:40 AM
OMFG That rocks KMAN!

Dark Warrior
11-19-2002, 07:42 PM
Awesome work K-Man. This model is going to be a great early jk2 christmas gift!:)

Be patient everyone, the more time that K-Man and Toonces take tweaking the model means the more time they are working on the model meaning the better Samus is going to look in-game. Awesome work guys, I really appreciate it!:)

Mest
11-20-2002, 01:02 AM
i concur.
:duel:

TheWhiteRaider
11-20-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Dark Warrior
Awesome work K-Man. This model is going to be a great early jk2 christmas gift!:)

Be patient everyone, the more time that K-Man and Toonces take tweaking the model means the more time they are working on the model meaning the better Samus is going to look in-game. Awesome work guys, I really appreciate it!:)

I agree. THIS IS GOING TO BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KMan
11-20-2002, 03:41 PM
Here's a pic of all of em. (Escuse the Katana. I didn't mean
to have that pk3 in the base folder)
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus16.jpg

In case you noticed the same camera angle as the last one,
it's because you can't see the horrible tearing going on in the
joint between the shoulder pad and bicep. Once we fix all of
that, she'll be out the door.

Matt-Liell
11-20-2002, 03:54 PM
Awsome as usual KMan:D ! keep up the great work! will that bug be hard to fix?

skiner
11-20-2002, 06:54 PM
so when is it comeing out

Matt-Liell
11-20-2002, 06:59 PM
WHEN HE FIXES THE BUG IN THE SHOULDER! Please be patient and read the post!

Hellfire Jedi
11-20-2002, 07:50 PM
That guy is extremly annoying anyone agree with me something is posted and all he posts are exactly the SAME thing i think its annoying =/
Also kman those skins look gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
i think that empizises my love for it :P good luck finishing this baby kman btw ur obiwan ep2 rules
btw yadu a release maybe tommrow or friday sounds good cuz all u gotta really do it weight it or move the bone or something that like different so it doesnt loook knasty

SpYzEr
11-20-2002, 08:07 PM
You know whats annoying (no offence, of course, just CC on your posting) Hellfire, do you use commas, periods, or anything? I think if you did, it would make it much easier to read and understand your posts :D and KMan, those skins..... WOW. Nice job!

Hellfire Jedi
11-20-2002, 08:24 PM
im not in skool i dont use that CRAPOLA

SpYzEr
11-20-2002, 08:32 PM
im not in skool i dont use that CRAPOLA

So your saying cause your not in school we cant understand you? Its really not 'CRAPOLA', it helps people understand what your saying...

MuRaSaMuNe
11-20-2002, 10:15 PM
Holy crap... thats perfection! :thumbsup:

TheWhiteRaider
11-21-2002, 01:49 AM
That guy is extremly annoying anyone agree with me something is posted and all he posts are exactly the SAME thing i think its annoying =/
Also kman those skins look gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
i think that empizises my love for it :P good luck finishing this baby kman btw ur obiwan ep2 rules
btw yadu a release maybe tommrow or friday sounds good cuz all u gotta really do it weight it or move the bone or something that like different so it doesnt loook knasty

Hey I have been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for this model. Metriod is one of the first games I ever played and I have played almost all of the games(And beat them with in the best time. A.K.A. Samus out side of her suit.) And besides if you want to go on about me do PM me so we do not fill up Kman's thread.

Holy crap... thats perfection!

I 2nd, 3rd, and 4th that. :D

Matt-Liell
11-22-2002, 05:45 PM
how goes fixing the bugs Kman?

Hellfire Jedi
11-22-2002, 05:58 PM
Ya man,
Its like almost the end of the week mainly is too me u said week of 18th any updates?

skiner
11-22-2002, 07:04 PM
hellfire now you are anoying for asking to many questions :/

Hellfire Jedi
11-22-2002, 08:14 PM
SHUT THE HELL UP PLEASE u little flamer
Go home and flame other things like a pet jeez i was curious damn >_< onepost and u fag out u asked about 5-6 different posts the same thing os dont go off on me

SpYzEr
11-22-2002, 08:25 PM
SHUT THE HELL UP PLEASE u little flamer
Go home and flame other things like a pet jeez i was curious damn >_< onepost and u fag out u asked about 5-6 different posts the same thing os dont go off on me

Calm down!!! And PLZZZZZZ use punctuation in your posts....

Matt-Liell
11-22-2002, 08:28 PM
i agree calm down u two and please both of u avoid over commenting on stuff and getting at easchothers throuts! please be patient as Kman finishes his great model!:D

TheWhiteRaider
11-22-2002, 08:47 PM
Guys calm down. Kman will finish soon(I hope). Use the PM if you are going to get at each other's necks. This is how most WIP thread get closed.

skiner
11-23-2002, 07:41 AM
flamer hpmmm..... i wonder if he looked in a mirror lately....<<<drops the subject

Kururin
11-23-2002, 10:16 AM
Since i don't have a Game Boy Advance i just d/l Metroid Fusion. Its fun. Now just waiting for my pay check to get Metroid Prime.

skiner
11-23-2002, 12:28 PM
what is metroid fussion and where can i get it

Matt-Liell
11-23-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by skiner
what is metroid fussion and where can i get it

its a gameboy advance game that is coming out qith metroid prime!

ASk
11-23-2002, 12:41 PM
skiner: stop with the off-topic posts, please. As far as I have seen, 99% of your posts have been either offtopic or repeating themselves over and over. Enough.

All others: as for closing this thread....well, it's KMan's thread, so there no point in doing it. I will leave it to his judgement.

Kururin
11-23-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Matt-Liell Arroblade

its a gameboy advance game that is coming out qith metroid prime!

Its been out since thursday and i 've been playin it. I thought it would be a clone of super metroid; like the Super Mario Advances Games, but its a whole new game i believe

TheWhiteRaider
11-23-2002, 10:31 PM
Guys please stay on topic. Open up a thread in the swamp if you want to talk about that.

How is the debuging coming Kman?

Kururin
11-23-2002, 10:50 PM
How was it off topic its about metroid!!! Quit begging for updates he will tell when he wants

TheWhiteRaider
11-24-2002, 01:37 AM
How was it off topic its about metroid

The topic is not Metroid it is about KMan's Samus model.

Go to here if you want to talk about Metroid.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84781

And I posted "How is the Debuging" so it want not completely useless post.

Kururin
11-24-2002, 10:27 AM
Evertime someone posted one off topic post you are always there to say "Lets stay on topic guys" like your a fag. And Kman post stuff about the Metroid games and you never say "Lets stay on topic guys".

And I love the model Kman and Metroid Fusion!!!! :p

TheWhiteRaider
11-25-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Kururin
Evertime someone posted one off topic post you are always there to say "Lets stay on topic guys" like your a fag. And Kman post stuff about the Metroid games and you never say "Lets stay on topic guys".

And your flame is on topic?

This thread is already having problems. Just drop it. Use the PM if you want to flame me.

skiner
11-25-2002, 05:46 PM
is there any news about the model like that deformation on the sholders how is that coming

skiner
11-29-2002, 11:12 AM
any news updates about the model because this thread has been dead for a week and i am lossing it NEED UP DATES lol

Eldritch
11-30-2002, 11:51 AM
Relax. If there's been no news posted, that usually means there's no news to post.

Seeing as how the model is just about at the release state, I don't imagine there would be much news between now and then other than, "It's been released."

So chill. Have a drink. :drink3: :cheers:
And wait patiently like the rest of us.

the_Beast
11-30-2002, 12:37 PM
i don't want to spoil anyoes enthousiasme but, shouldn't the shoulders and torso be bigger, and the head smaller ?

DrakkenVII
11-30-2002, 02:02 PM
That is some Sexé s*** man!
Sorry about the off topic-ness b4.
Did you manage to get those other skins workin?
Or did you just say screw that and keep it simple?

Locke101
11-30-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by the_Beast
i don't want to spoil anyoes enthousiasme but, shouldn't the shoulders and torso be bigger, and the head smaller ?

Yeah i totally agree with that. I am, like pretty much everyone else here, a big Metroid fan. The skining is awesome but the head should be smaller and the shoulder pads and stuff bigger. Other then that its great. I know i could never do as good of a job as him. I think some good reference pics could be found at www.metroid.com or if you buy Metroid Prime, there are some good shots of Samus. :) BUT GREAT MODEL. CAN'T WAIT!!!! :D :D :D :D

Kururin
11-30-2002, 10:11 PM
Just bought Metroid Prime. Its Awesome!!!!:D

the_Beast
12-01-2002, 08:45 AM
http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepage/screenshots.jsp?gameId=593

this site has some shots of samus

KMan
12-01-2002, 01:25 PM
I do not need reference pics for the model, it is finished.
As for the size of the head and shoulders, they were scaled to fit with the skeleton, and not clip into themselves during animation.

Hellfire Jedi
12-01-2002, 01:27 PM
Sounds good KMan
So u planning on releaseing it? im excitted :)

TheWhiteRaider
12-01-2002, 11:32 PM
Sounds good KMan
So u planning on releaseing it? im excitted :)

Join the "I can't wait and wondering if it is going to be released before I am 89 years old" club. J/K

I just hope it does not take to much longer.

Matt-Liell
12-02-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by TheWhiteRaider

I just hope it does not take to much longer.

same here but i think Kman is tired of hearing it from us!:rolleyes: he will release it when he is ready guys! if he isnt posting updates its cause there is nothing to update which means its almost done! be patient my young padawans!

Toonces
12-02-2002, 12:46 PM
I'm really sorry for the long wait. I'm just struggleing mightly with the deformations on the arms. I'm attempting a very progressive weighting rig right now that giving me confidence we'll be finished soon. I'll have a new glm out to KMan tonight for testing :)

Not too much longer guys, bear with me

Psynex
12-02-2002, 01:51 PM
It's come a long way and since I saw a screen on the polycount forums of the shaders in a low-lit area of the map, I can't wait to rip open the pak to learn from it. ;) Kman, please don't take offense to that. I'll definately use it in game, but there is so much more for me to awe at.
Toonces, you're a busy bee. I saw that JK2 was released for gamecube not too long ago; what happened to the post you were going to put up about the community models in the console version? I'd go rent it to find out, but it's too much work to unlock characters for which I could just go download. I'd rather just read a write-up. Sorry to go off topic sllightly, but it stears away from the...."I want this now or my legs will fall off!" posts.

Toonces
12-02-2002, 02:33 PM
I'm still going to do it, I just have to compile a list of everybody from here who has stuff in the game. The short list I have right now is KMan, Arco, Myself, Spacemonkey, Sithlord-II, Cheshire, Garik, Luuke, and Grafox. Those are the names I reconise from the credits, but there are a few names I'm not sure on and I didn't want to leave anybody out so I held off a bit. It'll be on the front page within a day or so :)

Mest
12-02-2002, 08:32 PM
do you know WHICH characters of yours made it in to the console version?

Looking great guys. cant wait.

the_Beast
12-07-2002, 02:56 PM
i've just completed metriod : fusion for gba
great game (for gba anyway):) :D