PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1

Clem
07-28-2002, 08:36 AM
look americans ... they turn left AND right :)

lol who agrees with me that... thats not hockenheim its just in its place?

who cares?

sum1 has to

BCanr2d2
07-28-2002, 08:41 AM
How dare they murder the Hockenheimring, taking out the long straights...................
Hockenheim is a bad example, especially the old configuration, was nearly almost an oval with a few chicanes and the small stadium section.........

Exterminator234
07-28-2002, 08:49 AM
WTF is Hockenheimring? :confused:

Clem
07-28-2002, 08:49 AM
lol but it wasnt an oval ... and now its been ruinied

that was 1 of my fave tracks

but all the other tracks arent even oval resembling (cept. indy)

Clem
07-28-2002, 08:52 AM
Hockenheimring is a race track ..... theyve ruined it

at least with nurburgring they kept the old track

theyve ripped up all the forest section of hock

Agen
07-28-2002, 08:56 AM
never really heard about it but what's so bad about straight, why screw it up?

Jah Warrior
07-29-2002, 12:26 AM
Oval circuits are pooh.

Hockenheim was good because it gave the high horsepower cars a chance to win. didn't catch the race (grrrrrr) I assume Scum-Maker won... again. (go Juan Pablo):D

I cant believe that the indy carts get such huge crowds to watch cars go round in circles without a chicane or hairpin in sight - how utterly dull! But at least they have cool pit fires :D

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-29-2002, 04:55 AM
if i new what hockenheim is i would agree with you, im sure

Jah Warrior
07-29-2002, 09:29 AM
Lyger - Hockenheim is the formula 1 motor racing circuit in Germany

BCanr2d2
07-29-2002, 09:38 AM
Furthermore, all German tracks have ring at the end - it's their suffix to say that it is a circuit/track.

As for the Nurburgring - NordSchlieffe, like Spa-Francorchamps, it is or was actually public roads, in the main anyway. Just like Mt Panorama here in Australia, they are public roads, which have been turned into race tracks. The less thinking about where to place the track, and just run on whatever road already existed is a lot better..........

I have never really seen the old Nurburgring except in GPL, and have seen the "new" Spa and Bathurts on TV, and they would have to be the best amongst the best 4 in the world, just add Le Mans to that list - another road curcuit....

Clem
07-29-2002, 11:30 AM
my 2 fave tracks are Spa (love that first uphill mmmmmmmm)

and Imola (a generally cool track)