PDA

View Full Version : Bug List

Darth Windu
07-29-2002, 03:57 AM
I have decided to create a thread where people can post any and all bugs they have found in GB and CC, and hopefully get Lucasarts to concentrate of fixing the game instead of changing Jedi padawan's.

1. Artillery fires at enemy walls, in the process damaging and destroyed your own units (including the artillery)

2. Trade Federation pummels need to be told about 6 times to attack something before they will actually do it

3. In Republic mission 2 (on Sarapin) Republic air cruisers will fire at the lava along the lower left-hand side of the map

NOTE: Please keep the posts on this thread restricted to only posts about bugs in the game, not what you like or dislike about it.

Admiral Vostok
07-29-2002, 08:07 AM
When Republic Jedi Padawans, Knights and Masters pick up holocrons, their icons change to show their Sith counterparts.

That's the biggest one I've found.

Kryllith
07-29-2002, 11:09 AM
I found a similar "ground attack" style bug like the one where the air cruisers attack the lava. I believe it's the Empire missions, number 3 or 4 (I think). It's the mission where the republic has three islands, one each for ground, sea, and air units. If you go to the southwest corner of the island you start on, near a patch of nova, there's a place where certain units will attack the ground...

Kryllith

Ansible
07-29-2002, 02:51 PM
When you first install Clone Campaigns, and before you do anything else you will not be able to play the Galactic Republic Campaign, it won't even highlight when you put your mouse over it. To get the GR Campaign to work you need to go to the original campaigns and click on one of them, then go back to Episode II and the GR Campaigns will work.

You can also create a new player, and the GR Campaigns will not work, try it.

It could just be an XP thing.

AU_Andy_Ewok
07-29-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Darth Windu
I have decided to create a thread where people can post any and all bugs they have found in GB and CC, and hopefully get Lucasarts to concentrate of fixing the game instead of changing Jedi padawan's.

1. Artillery fires at enemy walls, in the process damaging and destroyed your own units (including the artillery)

2. Trade Federation pummels need to be told about 6 times to attack something before they will actually do it

3. In Republic mission 2 (on Sarapin) Republic air cruisers will fire at the lava along the lower left-hand side of the map

NOTE: Please keep the posts on this thread restricted to only posts about bugs in the game, not what you like or dislike about it.

Number 1 isn't a bug. If the Artillery was too accurate it would be back to art whoring like pre CC.

Number 2 is lag =((

Kryllith
07-29-2002, 04:12 PM
I don't know about the lag. I had the same problem with pummels in some of the campaign scenarios at a point when I lag was virtually nil. The pummels still had to be told multiple times to attack something. Often times if there were multiple pummels, they'd go to whatever building they were told to attack and sit there. Or if an attack was initiated, only one would attack and the other would just sit there...

Kryllith

CatholLynAyt
07-29-2002, 04:51 PM
I thought that you had to complete the Confederacy campaign before you could play the Republic campaign, since the stories are connected that way. If you played the Republic first, then you'd lose the continuity. IOW, I thought it was an intended restriction, not a bug.

Kryllith
07-29-2002, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you do have to complete the Confed missions before the Republic's missions become available for play. However, there might be a bug in this anyway. I think once when I was about halfway through the Confed missions it made the Republic missions selectable. I didn't select them because I knew they followed a storyline based on the end of the Confed missions. Anyway, the next time I started the game, they were un-selectable again...

Kryllith

Compa_Mighty
07-29-2002, 05:51 PM
Padawans shrink when they get a holocron

Ansible
07-29-2002, 10:27 PM
There’s no music in SW:GB CC, I never noticed it before since I sometimes play with no sound but there is no music. There is some in the menus and everywhere else, but then you start to play and no music!

I believe it was the patch that did it, and maybe its because I have two drives DVD/CD and CD-RW. Well I just hope they fix this soon.

**EDIT**

Wahoo, I found out why...ok here goes:

When Lucasarts created the 1.1 patch, they made it so you can play the game in any of the drives BUT they must have forgotten to set the default audio drive! I placed the game in my CD-RW drive and the music worked fine.

*I'm a genius* :D

Darth Windu
07-30-2002, 08:13 AM
Just to clarify some of my previous points-
1. The Artillery will fire at enemy walls, no other units will. The problem is that, for example, in Republic mission 5 (i think) you have to move through small area's lined with enemy walls, so when you put your force in there, the artillery will start firing and kill your own troops!

2. Not a lag problem. It happened a lot of TF mission 6 (in theed) and the specs of the comp im using are-

T-bird 1.3GHz
512Mb RAM
40Gb memory
32Mb GeForce2 MX400

Sithmaster_821
07-31-2002, 10:49 AM
Ansible, Lucasarts made it so you cant play the GR campaign without playing the confed one first.

Windu, you werent very clear on your meaning in 1 the first time. The problem isn't a bug, its in the unit ai. Heavies will attack buildings before units, and during the making of the game, lucasarts forgot to separate walls from buildings. Just put your arts on no attack.

simwiz2
07-31-2002, 11:39 AM
Just to clarify some of my previous points-
1. The Artillery will fire at enemy walls, no other units will. The problem is that, for example, in Republic mission 5 (i think) you have to move through small area's lined with enemy walls, so when you put your force in there, the artillery will start firing and kill your own troops!

Then use your head and put the artillery on no attack stance. Really, it's not too hard of a problem to avoid. Then it will only attack what you tell it to, so you wont kill your troops.

Fishflesh
07-31-2002, 01:38 PM

T-bird 1.3GHz
512Mb RAM
40Gb memory
32Mb GeForce2 MX400

why the hell are you playing GB if you have a pc like that?

jcb231
07-31-2002, 01:45 PM
If I may take the liberty of answering for Windu.....

Captain Obvious says: "Because its a fun game."

Thank you.

By the way, my system is just shy of Windu's and I'm excited because I recently dowloaded Pac-Man and Pong. :) Go figure. A good game is a good game, regardless of how simple its requirements may be. I also play high end games like No One Lives Forever or Medal of Honor or whatever, but I love SWGB and will play it until my disk wears out.

Darth Windu
08-01-2002, 04:07 AM
JCB - that's exactly right

Sithmaster/simwiz - i did put my artillery on 'no attack', but the point is, i shouldn't have to, which is why i put it in here.

Sithmaster_821
08-01-2002, 10:03 PM
Yes you should have to, or you would be complaining that arts dont attack walls.

jcb231
08-02-2002, 05:33 AM
Surprise surprise, I agree with Windu here.

I see no point in having artillery automatically attack walls. Other units don't automatically attack walls unless the walls are in tehir way...and even if they do troopers don't cause splash damage so they're not really hurting anything. A splash damage unit like artillery should automatically attack hostile units, fortresses, turrets and the like, but not harmless walls....most of the time a wall only needs to be breached in one or two places to let your army rush through, and destroying the entire wall is pointless.

Darth Windu
08-02-2002, 08:17 AM
sithmaster - no, i shouldnt. Why do you think no other unit will attack walls by itself? Because it isnt important. As JCB said, you only need to breech walls in one place, and if i wanted my artillery to attack walls, i would order them to do so.

simwiz2
08-02-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Sithmaster_821
Yes you should have to, or you would be complaining that arts dont attack walls.

:) Some people are just impossible to please.

Sithmaster_821
08-02-2002, 08:52 PM
All heavies autoattack walls if they are the closest building. Ever use a cannon?

Darth Windu
08-03-2002, 01:29 AM
sithmaster - you arent getting my point, the thing is, THEY SHOULDNT ATTACK WALLS WITHOUT BEING TOLD TO just like every other sort of unit. As someone else said, its even worse with heavies doing it because they have splash damage.

eizo131
08-04-2002, 07:02 AM
Depleted Farms have a nova pros. center logo.

Kryllith
08-04-2002, 06:18 PM
In either case, the fact that artillery and cannons DO attack walls is not a bug, just a case of (in some people's opinions) poor programming. Personally I think heavy weapons should attack walls, but if something of more importance comes into range (an enemy building/turrent/unit) then it should switch targets until there's nothing left to fire at except the wall...

Kryllith

Sithmaster_821
08-04-2002, 10:53 PM
The only problem i see is that if a wall is right next to them and a turret is right behind the wall firing at the unit, it will auto attack the wall. Windu, its no bug, like Kryllith said, just the unit ai. Get over it.

Darth Windu
08-05-2002, 08:29 AM
go and play republic mission 5, and then tell me that artillery should fire at walls. As i said before, if i wanted my artillery to fire at walls, i would order them to do so.

Kryllith
08-05-2002, 10:54 AM
The only problem i see is that if a wall is right next to them and a turret is right behind the wall firing at the unit, it will auto attack the wall. Windu, its no bug, like Kryllith said, just the unit ai. Get over it.

True, though I'd have it set up so that if the turret was also in range then it was attack the turret rather than the wall. I'd probably have it set up to attack the closest thing, but I'd set up a level of importance for attacking. So it will attack units/buildings before walls, even if the wall is the closest thing to it. Of course, sometimes it has problems hitting turrets if there are walls in front of it. Maybe there should be some mathematical upgrade (Advance Trajectory?) which will make artillery better at firing over walls...

Kryllith

simwiz2
08-05-2002, 02:36 PM
go and play republic mission 5, and then tell me that artillery should fire at walls. As i said before, if i wanted my artillery to fire at walls, i would order them to do so.

Just because you are a n00b and probably lost your entire army before you realized that no attack stance was available, does not mean it is a bug. Unit AI (and AI in general) has a long way to go, just get over it.

Sithmaster_821
08-05-2002, 05:16 PM
You tell him/her/it simwiz

Kryllith, you misunderstood me. My problem wasnt with shooting over walls, it was with the ai that considers walls the same as buildings, thus attacking the closest thing. In AoK, siege units autoattacked buildings, then walls, then units.

Darth Windu
08-06-2002, 06:37 AM
simwiz - actually i completed the mission without losing a single unit. The point is, in that mission, the artillery fire will destroy your own forces, which is a big problem. Putting the artillery on no attack stance isnt a solution either, because then they dont help in the battles that follow, so to summarise-

problem: artillery fires at walls and kills your own units
possible solution: make it so it wont attack the enemy and
therefore useless

To me, that is a problem, and a bug in the game!

Kryllith
08-06-2002, 07:25 PM
You tell him/her/it simwiz

Kryllith, you misunderstood me. My problem wasnt with shooting over walls, it was with the ai that considers walls the same as buildings, thus attacking the closest thing. In AoK, siege units autoattacked buildings, then walls, then units.

Is it just the heavy weapons that consider walls to be buildings? I've had a lot of troopers in next to walls and they've pretty much always targeted buildings over walls. In the case of heavy weapons, though, yeah I agree. They need to be set up so that they make a distinction between the two so that they'll attack walls last unless otherwise directed.

Kryllith

Sithmaster_821
08-06-2002, 08:25 PM
then they dont help in the battles that follow
Then use your head and take them off no attack. Duh!To me
Problem solved!

simwiz2
08-06-2002, 08:46 PM
(1) simwiz - actually i completed the mission without losing a single unit.

(2) Putting the artillery on no attack stance isnt a solution either, because then they dont help in the battles that follow.

1 - Did you really? Wow, I'm soooo impressed. :rolleyes:

2 - Are you really that stupid? Like sith said, take them off no attack. Are you really that stupid, or lazy, or incompetent, or all three?

Darth Windu
08-07-2002, 03:50 AM
*sigh* look, as i said, if you put them on no attack, they are useless, if you put them on any other attack stance, they attack walls and kill your own units, therefore THIS IS A BUG!

Kryllith - no other unit does it except heavies.

simwiz2
08-07-2002, 10:58 AM
It is not a bug!!! It is an example of how AI nowadays still has a long way to go before it gets "smart". If another patch were to come out, they may choose to improve the unit AI and make siege attack turrets before walls, use the "smart-onager" feature of AoC where onagers would not autofire on friendly units, etc. But it is in no way a bug.

Sithmaster_821
08-07-2002, 09:09 PM
Windu, there is no bug. Bugs are glitches in the game that arent intended to be there. Seeing that this isnt a bug, can we please return to the topic. No one appretiates your off-topic discussion. If you have the dire urge to bring the subject up, do so on the correct thread.

I noticed, with the patch, some units, like my Rebel mounties, when told to go somewhere, only half the group will go. Then when told again, half of the group that stayed behind would go. And this continued. It didnt help i was assaulting a base with them either and they were filing in one by one.

Darth Windu
08-08-2002, 07:33 AM
the reason i am refering to it as a bug is because it undertakes an action that has the possibility of destroying it, destroying other friendly units, and not helping in battle.

simwiz2
08-08-2002, 11:47 AM
I noticed, with the patch, some units, like my Rebel mounties, when told to go somewhere, only half the group will go. Then when told again, half of the group that stayed behind would go. And this continued. It didnt help i was assaulting a base with them either and they were filing in one by one.

Haha, I noticed that. All your mounties filed in 1 by 1 and died painfully to my fighters and fortress. And my forward base was completed! :)

Sithmaster_821
08-08-2002, 08:09 PM
the reason i am refering to it as a bug is because it undertakes an action that has the possibility of destroying it, destroying other friendly units, and not helping in battle.
I dont care what you call it, its still not a bug. Programming lax, maybe, bug no.
Haha, I noticed that. All your mounties filed in 1 by 1 and died painfully to my fighters and fortress. And my forward base was completed!
Uhh.. simwiz, i can see your mistake, but i wasnt talking about our game:p. I was doing a single player one with a lot more mounties vs a lot more forts (but it was ai so you know who won-me)

Also, Windu, question. Are you one of those people who, when saying something that the listener doesnt understand, will just repeat themself only louder. Sure seems like it.

pbguy1211
08-08-2002, 08:11 PM
You should change the formation that they attack in then. The line formation is lame anyway.

Sithmaster_821
08-08-2002, 08:30 PM
It wasnt about the formation, it was obviously a glitch. The units that didnt move were spasing out like they were trying to move but couldnt.

Darth Windu
08-09-2002, 06:00 AM
well whatever the artillery problem is, it needs to be fixed.

Sithmaster_821
08-10-2002, 09:32 PM
Im glad you got that out of your system.

JEDI PREDATOR
08-15-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by NL_Ackbar

why the hell are you playing GB if you have a pc like that?
becuise GB is cool
even i got a
P4 2.0 ghz
265 ram
Geforce 4 Ti 4200
60 gb memory