PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Real Time Strategy Game

Exterminator234
07-30-2002, 08:10 AM
OK, Darth Groovy's making all these threads about games now, so im making one! :D Vote!

Darklighter
07-30-2002, 08:23 AM
I always liked the Age of Empires games...I would have said Galactic Battlegrounds, but it was basically a copy of AOE with Star Wars people and stuff.

CenturiOn
07-30-2002, 09:52 AM
hey u forgot Sudden strike forever

thats why i didnt vote :mad:

Darth Talliusc
07-30-2002, 10:56 AM
go warcraftIII

that is until the next starcraft comes out

obi
07-30-2002, 11:02 AM
STAR TREK ARMADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

But seeing how it's not on the list, Gallactic battlegrounds....

:disaprove:

Old_Ben
07-30-2002, 11:07 AM
I have to go with civilization because I have spent many hours on those games , and still play. I can get really adicted to those games and play for like ten hours straight.

Tyrion
07-30-2002, 12:02 PM
Starcraft.Plain and simple.The soundtrack in the game was the best soundtrack I ever heard.I would play for hours when I did.Ah the memories.....DOH!

Darth Knight
07-30-2002, 12:06 PM
Age of empires is the best, i can't wait for age of mythology to come it out it is gonna rock!

Kit fisto JK
07-30-2002, 12:09 PM
starcraft and warcraft are the best up there

I voted warcraft even though I havent played the new one

Pad
07-30-2002, 12:13 PM
my favorite would be my most played and i guess that was c&c: red alert.

also sudden strike was my favotite but that wasnt an option

00M-187
07-30-2002, 12:23 PM
STAR WARS REBELLION!!!

Clem
07-30-2002, 12:44 PM
i assume red alert is counted as a sequel (i dont think it is but ... )

so i voted that

Total Anihilation was cool 2

ibballin
07-30-2002, 05:14 PM
C&C for me cause of yuris revenge. got to love the tesla coil, prism tanks, and rock men who beat up buildings!

Darth Groovy
07-30-2002, 05:29 PM
Yeah I have been doing alot of polls lately because, I really am interested in what people like as far as games go, becuase that is how I decide on which games to buy. For some reason I am catching alot of flames for the polls I am posting.

"How come you didn't post (insert game here), I can't believe that is not on the list...wah wah wah, blah blah blah!

_anonymous member

Anyways I voted for Ages of Empires because I can lose hours in that game. The only thing is It was actually Galactic Battlegrounds that prompted me to get AOE. I like both games for different reasons.

AOE has lots of violence and gore.....you see the remains of your dead soldiers turn into bones after a bit.

GB has lightsabers!

AOE has Samuri Warriors!

GB has flying ships!

AOE has Vikings!

GB has AT-ATs!

I could go on for hours but somebody is probably busy flaming me somewhere.

Exterminator234
07-30-2002, 06:16 PM
yeah the "why dont you have this game there?" is here too

JandoFett1842
07-30-2002, 06:27 PM
<Command & Conqure>
Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge

or

<Age of Empires 2>
The Age of Conqurers

or

<Star Wars Galactic Battle Grounds>
Clone Campains

Exterminator234
07-30-2002, 06:33 PM
all good games

Darth Groovy
07-31-2002, 08:42 AM
If I had to decide I would probably pick Galactic Battlegrounds, just because it's star wars and the Jedi and Sith can attack you with a lightsaber or lightning bolts unlike the monks in AOE.

XERXES
07-31-2002, 02:02 PM
because i really love history. The Age of Empire series really are my favorite. However i played starcraft for the longest time, and i was a fan of the old warcraft games...too bad the new one screws my computer up. Oh well Neverwinter Nights is way more fun than warcraft 3 anyway. but the AoE series owns them all.

teutonicknight
07-31-2002, 03:47 PM
AOK!!!!

The only game that has Teutonic Knights!!!!

:bounce1:

Nothing like a Teutonic Knight rush.... developed by me of course.....

:)

munik
07-31-2002, 04:30 PM
Ground Control rocks. And only one vote from me :(

It's much different then the other RTS games I've played though. No resource gathering, no building units. Lets you focus on the fighting. Very strategy orientated. Also a 3d map setting, with varying terrain, and very cool external camera view.

I like the fact that you gain fire and sight advatages with higher ground, rear and flank attacks are more productive then frontal, luring an enemy into your ambush, using FO's for artillery fire, having to be mindful of friendly crossfire.

Much better then zerg'ing or tank rushing I think.

But to me it's a totally different style of game, even though it's called an RTS. Apples to oranges.

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-31-2002, 05:51 PM
I've only played StarCraft, so i vote StarCraft

BlackDove
07-31-2002, 06:16 PM
W3

Darth Groovy
07-31-2002, 07:00 PM
You know I was thinking maybe we should all get together and run a server for Age of Kings just for the hell of it! How cool would that be? PM me if that sounds interesting. I have one more day of School left Thursday, then I will have some free time in between working.

teutonicknight
07-31-2002, 08:36 PM
If we do that, I demand the original AOK with no patches. Back when the Teutons were surpreme, I when I could pull off my Teutonic Knight rush with ease....... Now with AOC, Teutons are *almost* crap.... I almost never use them anymore... :(

:)

Oh well, I still like my Elite Teutonic Knights.....

OnlyOneCanoli
07-31-2002, 08:39 PM
I am currently managing to put an unhealthy amount of time into WC3 while still sucking at the game. But in the past this phenomenon has definitely been attributed to the AoE series more than any other games listed.

Breton
07-31-2002, 08:49 PM
Since galactic battlegrounds is really AOK in star wars (it should've been an expansion pack), I should say AOK. What bothers me in GB is also that it's no voice in cutscenes.

teutonicknight
07-31-2002, 08:52 PM
Don't think of it like that, think of it like JK to quake; only poorly done so it looks more similar..

MaulerZ
08-01-2002, 08:15 AM
Warcraft 3 for now..........

Lopar
08-02-2002, 12:10 AM
Hmmm...Seeing as how I'm a huge BattleTech fan, I like MechCommander 2 the most. Though I think MechCommander Gold's graphics are stunningly beautiful.

If, however, I must choose from the list, then I'd have to go with C&C:RA2. It's the best iteration of the Command & Conquer games thus far (ultra-cheesy story and FMV sequences notwithstanding). :p

SamuelDravis
08-02-2002, 09:41 AM
no one likes homeworld?
or the moon project or force commander?
they are all very good games.

Lopar
08-02-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by SamuelDravis
no one likes homeworld?
or the moon project or force commander?
they are all very good games.

I haven't played Homeworld, yet. Maybe I'll pick it up at the bargain bins if I like the demo.

Now I've played Force Commander demo and thought the user interface and the A.I. were wretchedly aweful. For instance, the control panel took up 2/3 of the screen, the graphics weren't as good looking as they should've been and the pathfinding for the units was lame. But that's just what I think of the game from what I've played. If you think FC is fun, then, more power to you.

Darth Slayne
08-02-2002, 11:21 PM
I hear you L.A.C munik! Ground control rocks. Very strategy orientated, lets you use terrain to gain an advantage. ie: You can use things like hills and shadows to mask the presense of your units.