PDA

View Full Version : reborn converting

PhantomHelix
07-30-2002, 01:00 PM
I want to change one of the reborn (fencer, probably) to Maw. How do i change that reborn and none of the others? any help would be great.
:dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber:

Barco
07-30-2002, 05:01 PM
If you have the Maw model in the models/players directory then just rename the Maw directory to reborn, then rename the skin file (in the new reborn directory) to model_fencer.skin and that would do it.

Then just zip it into a .pk3 file to get it to work.

PhantomHelix
07-30-2002, 06:33 PM
thank you for replying. i will try it immediately. if it works, then its gonna be part of a SP conversion, feat. jerec (instead of desann), sariss (replaces tavion), and boc or a twilek, yun, pic (yoda), and gorc (when it comes out) instead of the reborn.

PhantomHelix
07-30-2002, 07:28 PM
wait, what should i do about the yun skin? it has a model_default.skin and a model_default_yun2.skin.

Barco
07-31-2002, 04:07 AM
I suggest you just delete the model_default_yun2.skin file from the directory (of the model you gonna replace).

PhantomHelix
07-31-2002, 07:16 AM
never mind, i didn't remove it, and it worked perfectly! but when i tried the maw model it got all messed up.

Barco
07-31-2002, 11:39 AM
Damn, its because the model.glm file (contains the model) that things got messed up. The reborn got Maws shape. Iīm sorry I forgot the model.glm file. sorry but I canīt help you with this :(.

PhantomHelix
07-31-2002, 11:44 AM
thats fine. im glad you could help with part of the problem. many thanks.

Darklighter
07-31-2002, 11:51 AM
I'll have a look and see what I can do...do you have a link to the Maw skin download.:)

PhantomHelix
07-31-2002, 11:58 AM
yeah, just go to www.nassautemple.com, and look through charcters. it is on one of the pages.

Darklighter
07-31-2002, 12:01 PM
Okay, I'll download it when I get home and see what I can do with altering the files:)

PhantomHelix
07-31-2002, 12:04 PM
ok. do you have AIM or MSN messenger?

Darklighter
07-31-2002, 12:07 PM
I have Messenger, yeah.

PhantomHelix
07-31-2002, 12:18 PM
whats your screenname? cause im adding only people from Lucasforums (it will be my "editing and JO" messenger program), so i need to add someone and who better to add then the guy who helped me out with a big problem i had in editing?

PhantomHelix
07-31-2002, 12:29 PM
ok the problem with the maw model is that, when i tried to convert it and spawned RebornAcrobat (thats who i used maw to replace) it had the body all right but he had legs and a skirt, plus his face has on the back of his head (kinda distorted) and the front of the head was a grayish white. it was really weird. the yun worked perfectly, except i cant figure out how to give him a yellow saber instead of a red one.

Barco
07-31-2002, 01:30 PM
To fix the legs just rename the model_default.surf file to model_acrobat.surf.

PhantomHelix
08-01-2002, 01:37 PM
it didn't work. the model is still screwed up and still has the upper part of the legs a grayish-white untextured surface. any help would be sooooooo great!

ALIEN_JL
08-01-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by phantom827
I want to change one of the reborn (fencer, probably) to Maw. How do i change that reborn and none of the others? any help would be great.
:dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber:

Big looong HMM.............

Open npcs.cfg

And find this:

RebornFencer
{
playerModel reborn
customSkin fencer
saberColor red
rank ltjg
reactions 3
aim 3
move 5
aggression 4
evasion 2
intelligence 5
hfov 160
vfov 160
scale 96
}

-Change that playerModel from reborn to Maw or
what ever you want it to be...
-Remove that customSkin fencer line

acewombat
08-02-2002, 01:37 AM
has anyone noticed that if you donot replace the npc, I mean if you create a new one and add it into the npcs.cfg that the new ones won't use force powers-for instance if I take darth Maul and make him rebornmaul then leave his class reborn and his send reborn 3, jedi reborn 3, and send combat reborn 3 he does not use the lightning or grip as the rebornboss does. but I fI name his folder tavion and replace her then he will use force powers-anyone know why? Is there a file somewhere that controls this that could be edited?

PhantomHelix
08-02-2002, 11:24 AM
first, i would use that npcs thing, but it would replace all of the reborn, not just one, and i only want to replace one. second, i have no clue why that doesn't work.

Barco
08-03-2002, 03:42 AM
I tryed that npc thing and guess what it worked it only replaced one reborn with Maw :) . The only problem is his lightsaber it pops up trough the body and the head and he canīt fight.

ALIEN_JL
08-03-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Barco
...The only problem is his lightsaber it pops up trough the body and the head and he canīt fight.

If i member right i noticed something like that too...

(but it only happens when you change that model to some
custom model... (if you order it to use some exiting model
kyle, Jan, luke.... it seems to work fine...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way did you start new game and spawn some
reborns or... ???

Or did you load some older saved game where you get to
fight with reborns ?? (because if i member right also loading
older games when models have been changed caused
some errors...)

Barco
08-03-2002, 12:27 PM
I started a new game and spawned some reborns

Barco
08-04-2002, 03:06 PM
the yun worked perfectly, except i cant figure out how to give him a yellow saber instead of a red one.

Open up the npc.cfg file go down untill you fin the text of the one you want to replace with Yun, then change:

Sabercolor red to Sabercolor yellow.

PhantomHelix
08-08-2002, 04:01 PM
thanx. how do i make new npcs though? i have no idea!