PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Yoda npc..

K.O
07-30-2002, 08:53 PM
Alright, so far I've been able to edit the npcs.cfg and put Yoda in as the name and playermodel name. I have kinja's yoda model and I'm replacing jedi2 (The old jedi guy with the orange saber). I put

Yoda

playermodel (or whatever) yoda
sabercolor green

etc..

I left the rest alone. But now I save the npcs.cfg (By exporting it and importing it with PakScape, or else it would make me try and save a text file =p), I go in SP, load up a level such as ladder2, and I type npc spawn yoda and it can't find it
if I typed in npc spawn jedi2, the regular guy would come up. Did I miss a step? I looked at Emon's tut but I got confused with the whole RebornStormtrooper idea and adding it to levels. I just want to know how exactly to get yoda working here.

Emon
07-30-2002, 10:23 PM
I don't see what's so confusing about my tutorial, it's easy to understand.

K.O
07-30-2002, 10:42 PM
Then I'm not confused. I just want to know why yoda isn't showing up and what I might be doing wrong. I told you guys where I am. Can you help? :D

Lord Ignasius
07-31-2002, 12:12 AM
My mod will have yoda, which you asked to beta test so when you get it you can use it! Hehe

My mod is open source without me giving the source, when you get it look in the npcMod-Jedi.npc file and find Yoda, which they are in abc order, and you can mutilate it take it use it in another mod, you wont even need to give me credit because I enjoy helping other people learn things. Btw- I am going to put the beta up in 2 files tommorow and you can have it then! So adios

K.O
07-31-2002, 12:18 AM
Well.. I don't want to mutilate it, I just want to know how. I'll be looking for that page tomarrow, make sure you post it here. ;)

Lord Ignasius
07-31-2002, 12:20 AM
I will pm you the link because I don't have it ready for open beta, so about 10:00-11:00 check your pm's.

And when you make new npc's it is better to do it in your own file like

konpcs.npc

then include the npc's. And naming conventions are required due to the ghoul2 engine the game uses.

K.O
07-31-2002, 12:39 AM
AM or PM? Btw, renaming the npcs.cfg file didn't help :|
Here's what in here though, see if's it's ok..

Yoda
{
playerModel yoda
saberColor green
rank lt
customSkin j2
surfOff "head head_face"
surfOn "head_off head_face_off"
reactions 3
aim 3
move 3
aggression 3
evasion 2
intelligence 3
playerTeam player
enemyTeam enemy
class jedi
yawSpeed 140
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
snd jedi2
sndcombat jedi2
sndjedi jedi2
health 200
dismemberProbHead 0
dismemberProbArms 5
dismemberProbLegs 0
dismemberProbHands 10
dismemberProbWaist 0
}

Anything wrong?
And what's a naming convention? K.O = Stupid atm

Emon
07-31-2002, 12:58 AM
If you READ the tutorial you'd know that you're supposed to put the name of the NPC infront of the model name so it takes on the actions of the NPC. Your NPC name should be JediYoda or JediFYoda or LukeYoda or something like that.

K.O
07-31-2002, 01:04 AM
Listen Emon, don't get pissed. My god, I did read the damned tutorial, I went over it 5 times and I still missed it. I JUST MISSED IT. I don't want to be anyone enemy on this forum.. geez. -_-

**Edit: Thanks though. :D

K.O
07-31-2002, 02:48 AM
God damn it, it's still not working. I have to be missing something. Do I have to put jedi2yoda_kinja? Cause I'm out of idea's.

Emon
07-31-2002, 03:17 AM
Well obviously you didn't miss it if you truely read it, it's impossible to miss, unless you skimmed it. Make the NPC name JediYoda, rename the actual model folder in your gamedata\base to JediYoda, and rename the model entry in the NPC file to JediYoda as well. Then try NPC Spawn JediYoda

K.O
07-31-2002, 03:37 AM
I reinstalled JKII cause I was getting other errors, but now I'm afraid to touch my asset0.pk3 ever again. I'll get over it eventually probably and try this.

t3rr0r
07-31-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by K.O
I reinstalled JKII cause I was getting other errors, but now I'm afraid to touch my asset0.pk3 ever again.
if all you're doing is extracting files from the assets, you aren't doing any harm to them.

K.O
07-31-2002, 05:09 PM
well t3, I extract and edit the npcs.cfg like it says and I import it back in. Should that really damage the whole game if I mess with the SP files? =P npc's DO only work for SP, am I correct?

Gram_Reaper
08-01-2002, 12:31 AM
i just need a working code for the npc. If someone can post it that would be great.

K.O
08-01-2002, 07:48 AM
I wonder if during all this I had to have the jedimod.pk3 in the base folder to npc spawn yoda...

t3rr0r
08-01-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by K.O
I wonder if during all this I had to have the jedimod.pk3 in the base folder to npc spawn yoda...
jedimod is not supposed to go in the base folder. :p and i advise not saving stuff inside assets in the future. :p

Gram_Reaper
08-01-2002, 11:33 PM
and my yoda npc is still not working

Araegon
08-02-2002, 11:02 PM
if you want a yoda NPC for SP go to the modeling fourm, my SP Yoda NPC is there and it works perfectly. i'm currently working on a way to play AS yoda, but am not having much luck.

K.O
08-02-2002, 11:36 PM
t3, I put it in the base folder because server makers put it there, so I need it there. =P
I'll look for it Araegon

t3rr0r
08-03-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by K.O
t3, I put it in the base folder because server makers put it there, so I need it there.
i avoid those servers cause obviously they suck at making servers of mods. :p

K.O
08-03-2002, 06:00 PM
Lol. Well how do I avoid them? 3/4's of the servers made with either versions of JM put it in the base, and there's no icon or anything telling you that it's not in the base folder. :-/

dragotes81
08-04-2002, 12:15 AM
I also edited the npc file in sp and turned luke into yoda and didn't have any problems. I also turned kyle into yoda but he was six feet tall so I took it out. also If you do get yoda to work in sp player scale him down to 50 Then yoda is just about right. The reason the model is luke and not yoda is because I did some other editing with pk3's it all worked out in the end.
Luke
{
fullName "Skywalker, Luke"
playerModel luke
saberColor green
rank captain
reactions 3
aim 3
move 3
aggression 3
evasion 5
intelligence 3
vigilance 1
playerTeam player
enemyTeam enemy
class luke
yawSpeed 9000
walkSpeed 1
runSpeed 1000
// race human
snd luke
sndcombat luke
sndjedi luke
health 3000
scale 50
headYawRangeLeft 360
headYawRangeRight 360
headPitchRangeUp 360
headPitchRangeDown 360
torsoYawRangeLeft 360
torsoYawRangeRight 360
torsoPitchRangeUp 360
torsoPitchRangeDown 360
dismemberProbHead 100
dismemberProbArms 100
dismemberProbLegs 100
dismemberProbHands 100
dismemberProbWaist 100

Araegon
08-04-2002, 10:07 AM
just download my SP Yoda NPC from the modeling fourm.

that way you dont have to edit anything

K.O
08-05-2002, 02:57 AM
Thanks.

Shem
08-10-2002, 03:16 AM
K.O wrote:

<< Here's what in here though, see if's it's ok..

Yoda
{
playerModel yoda
saberColor green
rank lt
customSkin j2
surfOff "head head_face"
surfOn "head_off head_face_off"
reactions 3
aim 3
move 3
aggression 3
evasion 2
intelligence 3
playerTeam player
enemyTeam enemy
class jedi
yawSpeed 140
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
snd jedi2
sndcombat jedi2
sndjedi jedi2
health 200
dismemberProbHead 0
dismemberProbArms 5
dismemberProbLegs 0
dismemberProbHands 10
dismemberProbWaist 0
}

Anything wrong?
And what's a naming convention? K.O = Stupid atm >>

Well what you need to do is:

JediYoda
{
playerModel jediyoda
saberColor green
rank lt
reactions 5
aim 5
move 5
aggression 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
playerTeam player
enemyTeam enemy
class luke
yawSpeed 600
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
snd yoda
sndcombat yoda
sndjedi yoda
health 5000
dismemberProbHead 0
dismemberProbArms 5
dismemberProbLegs 0
dismemberProbHands 10
dismemberProbWaist 0
}

I wrote that for my SP Yoda in my Ultimate MOD v3.1 patch. I made him a seperate NPC. Then to get him, type "npc spawn jediyoda". Take Yoda's modeling patch and change his folder name to "jediyoda", then put what I typed in the NPC file. I made his sound name yoda. The Jedi part is to tell them game that he has Jedi ability, both his folder that contains his modeling parts, and the NPC file. Does this help?

K.O
08-10-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by JediShemL

-_-

Noooooo, we don't answer the question do we? We insult! =P

Shem
08-11-2002, 06:39 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JediShemL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-_-

Noooooo, we don't answer the question do we? We insult! =P >>>>>

What's funny is that I never said "And what's a naming convention. It's from the post I was reponding to. My post starts from this...

"Well what you need to do is:"

I could care less what this naming convention is, or what K.O. means

K.O
08-12-2002, 12:37 AM
-_-

*Throws self off a cliff*