PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest Phrases in Ep2

Kamikaze_Elite
07-30-2002, 10:17 PM
Around the survivors a perimeter create!
-Yoda

That's what pissed me off about Yoda. The way he talks. He's not that bad in the trilogy, but he was ridiculous in Episode 2.

Seeing you brings warm feelings to my heart.
-Yoda

I could not believe George put that kind of stupid dialogue in there, and the first time the CG Yoda is seen too. You would think they would try for a better first impression.

Another stupid phrase in Episode 2 was when Dooku said something like, "I see this cannot be resolved by our knowlege of the force, but only by our skill with a lightsaber."

Why did they have to talk about fighting? Dooku should have just pulled his saber out. In fact, Yoda should have ambushed Dooku instead of talking at the beginning.

Yoda was fricken awsome when he fought, but I don't really like the way he is portrayed in Episode 2.

JandoFett1842
07-30-2002, 10:24 PM
This Party's over!
-Mace Windu

I think that is kind of Cheesy, just my opinon so dont flame me

matt--
07-30-2002, 10:25 PM
...but by our skills with a lightsaber... --Dooku

Dath Maximus
07-30-2002, 10:27 PM
[Mesa so glad to be seeing you!]

*shutter*

JandoFett1842
07-30-2002, 10:57 PM
Mesa so happy to be see'n yousa gain Obi.

Obi? OBI!!!!!

Kit fisto JK
07-30-2002, 11:05 PM
"I see that this match will not be decided by our knowledge of the force but with our skill with a lightsaber
-dooku

not the exacy words but it still sucked:D

HellFyre69
07-30-2002, 11:11 PM
That quote is wrong

the exact words for that dooku match.. are on my sig =)

OnlyOneCanoli
07-30-2002, 11:11 PM
Anakin's line about the Sand getting everywhere and it being scratchy, and then saying it's not like Padme, who is soft.

:rolleyes:

This kid needs to learn some better seduction techniques.

JandoFett1842
07-30-2002, 11:23 PM
All of Jar Jar's in General.

TheJackal
07-31-2002, 12:32 AM
The whole scripts of Episode 1 and Episode 2 is crap-tastic!

Come to think of it, Episode 4,5 and 6 aren't that fabulous neither.

George Lucas can sure think of some good action sequences but I'll leave the dialogues to Steven Spielberg (for the Indiana Jones series)

ibballin
07-31-2002, 01:14 AM
the part where anakin started crying and he said something about he should be the best jedi ever. the way the line was delivered was all wrong (imo)

Old_Ben
07-31-2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by ibballin
the part where anakin started crying and he said something about he should be the best jedi ever. the way the line was delivered was all wrong (imo)

Yeah, that whole parts kind of dumb. It's near there he's talking about obi wan and he say "he's holding me back." It's seemed kind of strange that Padme falls in love with a guy who just killed a whole village of Tusken Raiders and's now whining about his jedi training.

obi
07-31-2002, 01:31 AM
The skills with a lightsaber quote by Dooku and the "moves" Anakin made on Padme, and all of Jar jar's comments where dumb, but here are some more:

"I think Dooku was behind the attack." Ok, WTF? Why did Padm'e all of a sudden think Dooku was bad at the beginning of the movie?

The nightmare scene: "Mom, no! no mom! mom! no mom! Mom, no!"

This is the only Obi-wan quote I think is silly, and when he said it, I laughed my arse off in the theater:

"I'll never join you, Dooku."

I mean, how the heck could Ewen McGreggor even say this with a straight face?

:p

Darth Groovy
07-31-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Kamikaze_Elite

That's what pissed me off about Yoda. The way he talks. He's not that bad in the trilogy, but he was ridiculous in Episode 2.

I could not believe George put that kind of stupid dialogue in there, and the first time the CG Yoda is seen too. You would think they would try for a better first impression.

Another stupid phrase in Episode 2 was when Dooku said something like, "I see this cannot be resolved by our knowlege of the force, but only by our skill with a lightsaber."

Why did they have to talk about fighting? Dooku should have just pulled his saber out. In fact, Yoda should have ambushed Dooku instead of talking at the beginning.

Yoda was fricken awsome when he fought, but I don't really like the way he is portrayed in Episode 2.

Actually that was one of my favorite lines in the film. The only lines that really bothered me were the cornball cracks that 3p0 was making in the Genoshian arena battle:

"Oh I am beside myself"

"What a drag"

nuf said.

Kit fisto JK
07-31-2002, 02:24 AM
everything that Boba Fett said in that movie

I like him in the others and will probably like him in EP3 but in AOTC he was like ani in TPM

Kranckor
07-31-2002, 03:29 AM
Read my sig for how I think the scene should have been done.

Kit fisto JK
07-31-2002, 03:39 AM
:lol: :rofl: :lol:

Kranckor
07-31-2002, 03:53 AM
GRRRR I agree I can't stand people who can't act and/or can't say their R's

Twanslation:

Gwwww I Agee I can't stand people who can't act and/ow can't say theiw aw's

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-31-2002, 03:58 AM
hmm worst quote... anytime someone called Anakin, Ani. Cause i would just have to start choppin heads if guys called me Spency

Jedi_Monk
07-31-2002, 04:09 PM
"Well... if it works." ~Anakin

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Jedi_Monk.jpg

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-31-2002, 05:53 PM
wa hahahaha that was hilarious.

BlackDove
07-31-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

"Well... if it works." ~Anakin

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Jedi_Monk.jpg

That was one of the best lines in the movie if you compare the sentence to Hayden's eye expression.....

Throno-Denkai
07-31-2002, 06:57 PM
"They were like animals. So, I killed them like animals."

Anakin Skywalker

Darth Groovy
07-31-2002, 07:02 PM
"What a drag!"

_C3P0

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-31-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Throno-Denkai
"They were like animals. So, I killed them like animals."

Anakin Skywalker

"They're like animals, and i slatered them like animals!:mad: I hate them!"

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-31-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
"What a drag!"

_C3P0

"oh this is such a drag!"

(its fun having a Pireted copy of ep II):D

Note: We the Management would like to remind our viewers that we don't condone piracy. Arrrrrrrr, matey...
- The Management

Darth Talliusc
07-31-2002, 07:41 PM
oh this is such a drag

oh, im quite beside myself

oh my goodness shut me down, machines making machines. how perverse

i... truly.... deeply....love... you

how come people dont like anakins lines on tattooine, the whole "they're like animals, and i slaughtered them like animals. i thought that that part was quite well done. one of the best lines of the movie, except for "i was beginning to wonder if you'd got my mesage" "i retransmitted it just as you requested master.... then we decided to come and rescue you" obi-wan looks up "good job"

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-31-2002, 07:45 PM
thanks for the spelling correction:D and those guys said those lines are the best(or something else)not the worst

MaulerZ
07-31-2002, 08:45 PM
Dello Felagates......-Jar Jar Binks

Cobalt60
07-31-2002, 08:48 PM
Anakin : "I wish I could wish my feelings away .. but I can't"

(( 'I wish I could wish'? ))

Aevron
07-31-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt60
Anakin : "I wish I could wish my feelings away .. but I can't"

(( 'I wish I could wish'? ))

It's "I wish I could wisk all of my feelings away; but I can't"

Smart_Saber
08-01-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by OnlyOneCanoli
Anakin's line about the Sand getting everywhere and it being scratchy, and then saying it's not like Padme, who is soft.

" This cheese grater is all sharp and pointy, not like this cheese. This cheese is smooth and has nice taste. And it's kinda orange."

Arkum
08-01-2002, 12:09 AM
Anakin's dialogue plaine sucked in Episode II. they need better writers for Anakin's dialogue, it was AWFUL!!!!

Shadow Angel
08-01-2002, 01:15 AM
Notice that no one's complained about Palpatine/Sidious' lines in the movies. Know why? Because he's so frickin' cool! He says all of his lines perfectly.

I think the worst is "Around the survivors, a perimeter create!" That just sounded stupid.

Kit fisto JK
08-01-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Angel
Notice that no one's complained about Palpatine/Sidious' lines in the movies. Know why? Because he's so frickin' cool! He says all of his lines perfectly.

I think the worst is "Around the survivors, a perimeter create!" That just sounded stupid.

no thats because he had the total of two lines and he didnt have enough for them to be very ####ty

Eklin
08-01-2002, 02:35 AM
Anything Natalie Portman (Padme) said. She has to be the second worst actor to ever appear in a SW movie (the WORST is the kid who played Anakin in Ep1).

And I think that the part where Dooku's said "It is obvious this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with the lightsaber" and then him and Yoda fight should have been replaced with this:

Dooku: "It is obvious this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills in a disco!"
*disco ball lowers from the ceiling. Both suddenly appear in white disco outfits with unusually large fros, and they then start to dance. Yoda soon begins to outdance Dooku, so Dooku throws a fit and drops the disco ball on Anakin and Obi-Wan*
Yoda: *using the force to lift the massive ball* "Nooo. Live, Disco must..."
And Dooku gets away :D

lol

Baby La
08-01-2002, 10:23 AM
LOL :D

I want to see Yoda singing and Dancing to 'Carwash'

Darth Talliusc
08-01-2002, 11:32 PM
eklin, that was hilarious. first time ive fallen out of my chair while visiting a forum (ansibles joke emporium came close once but i regained balance). sigh that was rich but i have to scold you anyways for having too much time on your hands. BAD, go to sleep BAD.

access_flux
08-02-2002, 12:33 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Party's over!
-Mace Windu
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that was my favourite quote in the movie. when windu said that, the whole cinema started laughing just becasue of it's entertainment value.

Deetox187
08-02-2002, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by HellFyre69
That quote is wrong

the exact words for that dooku match.. are on my sig =)

Exact you say? you have one word wrong actually, it should be

"It is obvious this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the force, but by our skills with A lightsaber"

But i thought the stupidest phrase in ep2 was when r2d2 bumps c3po off the ledge and he catches on to that machine and yells "It's a nightmare!"... my god was that corny.

Eklin
08-02-2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Darth Talliusc
eklin, that was hilarious. first time ive fallen out of my chair while visiting a forum (ansibles joke emporium came close once but i regained balance). sigh that was rich but i have to scold you anyways for having too much time on your hands. BAD, go to sleep BAD.
lol. Me and my sister can think up some pretty twisted sh*t sometimes (most things are inside jokes, like my mom yelling "stop it! STOP IT! That's not my name!" and then running away and hiding in the yard, so you'd have to know the whole story in order to get ;)).
And, yes, I know. I DO have too much time on my hands. And it's all brought to you by the wonders of insomnia.
Insomnia. Brought to you by the makers of Charmine, Microsoft, and the Nuke-Me-Osama doll. Any reproduction, either sexually or A-sexually, is strictly prohibited under penalty of a really big, Jabba the Hutt lookalike (who is really an Amish guy named Jabba the Hutterite) sitting on you, and then microwaving live chickens in an attempt to create popcorn chicken.
All rights reserved.

Darth Slayne
08-02-2002, 05:33 AM
Most of C3-P0's lines and my personal favourite: "Ded! I thenk were being trecked!" (Translation: "Dad, I think we're being tracked") :disaprove

BlackDove
08-02-2002, 07:08 AM
Yup - Bobba Fett....

Pada-Wan
08-03-2002, 04:42 AM
all of yoda's lines were dumb. here is another 1:

"You are gonna pay for all the jedi you killed today, dooku"-anakin.

dooku didnt kill any jedi(unless he meant his army) plus i dont remember any jedi dying in the battle.

EffJi
08-03-2002, 05:25 AM
No jedi dying in the battle?

Hello!! the arena, we even saw a few falling down right by the survivors feet.
(anakin said "today", the arena battle and the clones vs droids battle happened in the same day.)

Anyway the worst lines:

1. "this party's over" - Mace Windu (you're a jedi, not Shaft)

2. c3po's lines in the arena.

3. "It is obvius that this contest can not be decides by our knowledge of the force (if he would have stopped here and just ignited his sabre it would have been a pretty cool line), zaaap, but by our skills with a lightsabre" - Darth Tyrannus

Isaiah43
08-03-2002, 10:25 PM
"I hate it when he does that" -Obi wan, after anakin jumps out of the speeder, thousands of feet in the air.

one of my favorite lines in the movie, yet also one of the cheesiest: Anakin "where are you going master?" Obi wan "to get a drink"

ooooooh, and after obi wan cut off the bounty hunter on courusant's arm anakin says "jedi business, go back to your drinks."

whitedragon
08-03-2002, 10:35 PM
i hate anakins bitching "its all obi-wans fault" boo hoo "i will be the most powerul jedi ever" if his head gets any bigger it will have its own gravitational pull "i can sense everything that goes on in that room" i bet you trying real hard

dragotes81
08-04-2002, 12:24 AM
The thing that bugged me most of all about ep2 is how terrible an actor haydn (anakin) is. What bugges me more is that george lucas most likely won't get ride of him because he does'nt care about actors just special effects mostly.There were some good parts in the movie though like when that alien tried to sell obi wan death sticks and he used mine trick on him.

Blues
08-04-2002, 12:46 AM
I thought the Dooku line was cool! Everyone seems to hate it. Maybe I'm just a Dooku fan. And Yoda's lines too.

What bugged me was the majority of Anakin's lines, like, how he said "I HATE THEM!" and Threepio's annoyingness in the arena

Mr.Blonde
08-04-2002, 01:04 AM
Youre right, Sam Jackson isn't Shaft, HES JULES WINFIELD OUR MAN FROM INGLEWOOD. Lol i know when he delivered that line i caught a little glimpse of Jules in him right there and when me and my brother saw that we just started laughing our asses off! Just the look he gives with taht line is great.

Eklin
08-04-2002, 02:51 AM
I think that some people are being a little TOO critical of the acting in the movie.

1. Hayden Christenson (sp?) isn't by any means one of the best actors (nobody can top Sam Jackson, Liam Neeson, Harrison Ford, and the Vaders), but at least he's about 100x better than Mark Hammil was in the OT.

2. If you'd actually bother to compare the Prequels with the OT, you'd see that BOTH are pretty bad when it comes to acting (I still cringe whenever I see Hammil react to Vader saying "I'm your daddy!". I didn't think that the muscles in the human face could contort like that.)

3. NOBODY is a worse choice for a part in SW than Natalie Portman. No matter what line it is, it NEVER sounds StarWars-esque. And she is just a bad actor, plain and simple. The only movie she was actually half decent in was "The Professional".

Mr.Blonde
08-04-2002, 03:58 AM
Totally agree and the funny thing is she was like 13 in that movie lol

MysticSpade
08-04-2002, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by OnlyOneCanoli

:rolleyes:

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER FOR THE STUPIDEST LINE OF AOTC

i sat through that whole pathetic movie just to watch Yoda whoop some @$$ and i tell ya.........
it was worth it. I now have just the fight scene on my Desktop.

MysticSpade
08-04-2002, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Eklin

3. NOBODY is a worse choice for a part in SW than Natalie Portman. No matter what line it is, it NEVER sounds StarWars-esque. And she is just a bad actor, plain and simple. The only movie she was actually half decent in was "The Professional".

she was good in Mars Attacks, she was HOT in that too.

Eklin
08-04-2002, 04:31 AM
She was in Mars Attacks?
I never realized that. She was the presidents daughter, right?

That was a funny movie. And I love how they actually killed the aliens in the end. lol

Lunatic Jedi
08-04-2002, 05:24 AM
Anakin: You call this a diplomatic resolution?
Padme: No, I call this aggressive negotiation.

The only thing that kept me from leaping out of my seat, screaming and babbling in madness induced by that horrible, HORRIBLE line, was the fact that it came during a good action sequence.

Frankly, I'd like to find the writer who made that scene and slap him with a frozen halibut.

BlackDove
08-04-2002, 07:01 AM

Bah, she wasn't even good in that too, Jean Reno carried that movie terrific...

darthweaver
08-04-2002, 06:17 PM
tut tut tut. yous are forgetting when obi wan said something like "blast,this is why io hate flying" and"where in the blazers has he gotten to now" (well something along thiose lines it was any way

Cobalt60
08-04-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Aevron

It's "I wish I could wisk all of my feelings away; but I can't"

dude check out the novel. this crappy line even made it into the book.
page 205 . near the bottom : "I wish I could wish.." (no kidding)

MysticSpade
08-04-2002, 09:07 PM
She was in Mars Attacks?
I never realized that. She was the presidents daughter, right?

that would be correct in sayin so she was the presidents daughter.

Kyth'emos
08-04-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt60

dude check out the novel. this crappy line even made it into the book.
page 205 . near the bottom : "I wish I could wish.." (no kidding)

Novels are different than movies.

My favorite line in EP2:

"Good Job" - Obi-wan.

Blues
08-04-2002, 11:40 PM
I like when Obi-wan says "Possibly" in response to Anakin's remark about his senses being attuned. Ya know, right before they save Padme from the...things?

Lunatic Jedi
08-08-2002, 04:20 AM
"To the forward command center, take me!"

The writers were so obsessed with keeping Yoda's grammatical legacy that they made his lines sounds stupid.

thehomicidalegg
08-08-2002, 05:37 AM
who cares if she cant really act, neither can half of the other actors in the movie, but shes hot, that makes her better than the others:D