PDA

View Full Version : The Reek (aotc bull like arena monster) finished

MeLoN
07-31-2002, 06:27 PM
http://img3.ranchoweb.com/images/antony/reek-finished-render.jpg

www.aotctc.org.uk

bomberman_xc
07-31-2002, 06:48 PM
ya know there's a map of that arena, you should add this model into that map as background or something....unless that's already what your planning to do, along w/the other monsters. I wonder if in that map there's any way to make them run around and hurt people w/out beeing a bot w/a lightsaber or gun..

morphius_doh
07-31-2002, 07:28 PM
Not a bad start! It might be the angle but the body looks like it could stand to be a little bit longer.

Other than that it's great. Oh yeah, don't forget the nose ring.

El_graco
07-31-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by bomberman_xc
I wonder if in that map there's any way to make them run around and hurt people w/out beeing a bot w/a lightsaber or gun..

how about replacing a minemonster with the reek and spawn them into a level they should have all their animations etc

oh yeah great model, hope it has sounds :)

MeLoN
07-31-2002, 07:33 PM
I followed a reference. It's not too long. I used a reference picture as a backdrop... a perfect side view.

K.O
07-31-2002, 07:37 PM
Nice work.
I'd like to know how this is gonna work too..
You guys can do this without there being a need for a lightsaber sticking through it's nose, right? ;)

dreddsnott
07-31-2002, 07:43 PM
Five bucks says it doesn't fit the multiplayer skeleton and animations.

Good job, can't wait for the skin. That monster reminded me of something from Doom or Quake...

MeLoN
07-31-2002, 07:48 PM
Well Raven has offered a helping hand I am told.

bomberman_xc
07-31-2002, 07:50 PM
yeah, that minemonster idea sounds good, can't wait to see the model w/some skin

dreddsnott
07-31-2002, 08:21 PM
MeLoN, don't tease me like that. My mind is very fragile...I'll believe pretty much anything you tell me.

:crybaby:

agentj64
07-31-2002, 08:31 PM
It's a nice model, but its a big waste on polygons, try opting it, you could easily loose 150 from what i see

bomberman_xc
07-31-2002, 08:36 PM
speeking of doom, someone should make a model of the marine "Case"

bomberman_xc
07-31-2002, 08:43 PM
and melon, are you gonna make any of the other monsters in ep2, i would really like to see the one w/the spiky fur that went after amidalla and ate taht winged guy off of his horse thing.

MeLoN
07-31-2002, 10:11 PM
Well... A guy is already making the Acklay for our tc, and the Nexu.... well... I don't know... I didn't really like that one.

And yes, I AM told that Raven is helping us in the matter of animations and flying ship code. I'm not sure if it's rock solid or not, but I hope it is.

Kinja
07-31-2002, 11:59 PM
Ya, melon, the models looks great, you've showed that you can get in there and tweak it to get the shape right. But you really do need to optimize that puppy. I can see tons of polys that are serving absolutly no purpose at all. Like that horn for instance. The horn should be only about 5 to 8 polys around. And that shoulder has a bunch of unecisary polys aswell. Again, great job though, really. You should be proud. Watching the polycounts is somthing you will get better at with experience, but I just wanted to give you the heads up. Keep it up man!

Mix_Master2k
08-01-2002, 12:18 AM
I say screw the polycount and make it as best u can...but i wish it'd be easier to skin...
-Mix Master

Kinja
08-01-2002, 12:36 AM
Well, adding unecisary polys doesnt make it any better. This is a game model remember. And even when modeling a Hi Rez movie model, you still don't use unecisary polys, cause it makes rendering times longer.

MeLoN
08-04-2002, 02:01 AM
I agree about the unneccesary polys...... but sometimes they have to be there or it just looks funky with smoothshading.. I have had it happen before... So I figure that I will let the polys be the way they are... Because it is a rather large model, and details will show up good with the polys.

I am attempting to skin it, but I'm not the best skinner around, so if I can't do a good job I'll give it to some one else.

Jason_W
08-04-2002, 07:01 PM
Is that really finished? Cos I'm pretty sure it had four legs in the film.

-Chrono_MOT-
08-04-2002, 07:14 PM
It's called a camera angle. It doesn't allow you to see everything that's there.

Are you sure you can see straight?

Jason_W
08-10-2002, 12:12 AM
Well the body isn't meant to slope inwards like that.

MeLoN
08-10-2002, 11:33 AM
Jason, it's correct.

Epic
08-11-2002, 02:28 AM
Holy flying monkeys!
I always thought that the Acklay or whatever was a evil alien spider doped up on steriods.. lol.

Great model, I think. Camera angle is a little... weird.. but I think it works. Raven's getting in this.. oh goody.. we are going to get to see a SP Lvl *randomly nudges people around the room* with these monsters actually attacking everyone..

Keep up the great work!

-Epic-
:vadar:

jaybiggspr
08-11-2002, 05:57 AM
I would glady do some voice work for the TC, if you need it for cutscenes or a trailer or something. I'm especially good at the movie trailer voice guy.

PM, Email, or MSN message me @

jaybiggspr@hotmail.com

volrathxp
08-11-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by jaybiggspr
I would glady do some voice work for the TC, if you need it for cutscenes or a trailer or something. I'm especially good at the movie trailer voice guy.

PM, Email, or MSN message me @

jaybiggspr@hotmail.com

so you can grunt really loud?

i thought anyone could do that. :p