PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Day walker's (blade) Sword

iifuzz
07-31-2002, 05:57 PM
http://users.topshotter.com/maury/blade-sword.jpg

thats what i have so far, i am just waiting to figure out how to make a realistic metal texture for the blade itself. if any of you wanna help with that :)

here is the reference picture i used for the handle.

http://users.topshotter.com/maury/dwblade2.jpg

morphius_doh
07-31-2002, 06:34 PM
The blade looks like real metal to me! Excellent job!

-Chrono_MOT-
07-31-2002, 06:53 PM
VERY nice and VERY accurate. I did want to let you know though, that even though the reference pic seems otherwise, the color of the tang is a chromed gold.

iifuzz
07-31-2002, 07:04 PM
:) well im not that greatest skinner :/ i was hoping someone else could do something better,

also i have been trying to get it ingame for some time now but i keep getting this error

Requested feature was omitted at compile time

whenever i load up jedi knight and make a server, right when it loads the lightsaber it says that.

i have never gotton that error before on any of the sabers i have made so i have no clue what the hell it is.
Any ideas?

-Chrono_MOT-
07-31-2002, 07:05 PM
throw it my way so I can see.

bomberman_xc
07-31-2002, 07:06 PM
that looks great!! is there a character model of blade yet??? or are you going to make one of those to?

iifuzz
07-31-2002, 07:10 PM
whats ur email chrone? and what files u need i had the 3dmax files, milkshape, and the md3

-Chrono_MOT-
07-31-2002, 07:15 PM
send me the 3ds and md3 if it works in gmax. also, if you could let me know how to move the camera around in perspective mode? I'm still a little green with gmax after converting from Milkshape.

edit: whoops, forgot email. send me those ms3d bypassing instructions too, so I can at least do some modeling work on my old models ^_^ (remember, won't let me use ms anymore)

chronofanatik@yahoo.com

iifuzz
07-31-2002, 07:16 PM
alright but i still need your email,, or even better if you can contact me on AIM, my SN is iifuzz

iifuzz
07-31-2002, 07:17 PM
oh n/m your email was at the bottom

*edit* contact me on AIM and i will get your milkshape working

bomberman_xc
07-31-2002, 07:30 PM
actually a model of Frost would be cool to, just as long as no one makes "Pearl" the super fat vampire, otherwise Jabba might feel threatened :)

-Chrono_MOT-
07-31-2002, 08:10 PM
Were you having problems getting it in-game at all? I got it to work just fine o_o.

I'll send you the glm so you can take a look at it. You may want to kill the saber glitch though, because you have the tag facing the wrong way ^_^. Other than that works fine. The blade could stand to be just a tad longer.

You should be getting that GLM any minute now.